Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crazy Fans 21:01 - Feb 28 with 4698 viewsHitch

Iam a colonial, my sports are Union, League and for some strange reason QPR. Can anyone tell me why football fans are so hostile. This isn't a dig, just an observation.
Crazy Fans on 21:04 - Feb 28 with 4690 viewsBoston

You trying to start...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Crazy Fans on 21:13 - Feb 28 with 4659 viewsloftboy

We aren't hostile and we will kick anyone's heads in who says different!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Crazy Fans on 22:06 - Feb 28 with 4596 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Not sure if they are all that hostile but I see you are from Godzone too and if you are considering a challenge to my "QPR fan who lives the furtherest from W12" status it could kick off!
Crazy Fans on 22:09 - Feb 28 with 4584 viewsoddball

tribal innit.
Crazy Fans on 22:38 - Feb 28 with 4536 viewsHitch

Crazy Fans on 22:06 - Feb 28 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

Not sure if they are all that hostile but I see you are from Godzone too and if you are considering a challenge to my "QPR fan who lives the furtherest from W12" status it could kick off!

Ruanui, Taranaki.
Crazy Fans on 05:13 - Feb 29 with 4413 viewstimcocking

Because in England, the posh people watch rugby, the paupers and the rabble support football teams...
Crazy Fans on 07:31 - Feb 29 with 4357 viewsGetMeRangers

Crazy Fans on 05:13 - Feb 29 by timcocking

Because in England, the posh people watch rugby, the paupers and the rabble support football teams...

But that isnt true, unless you have never visited the West Country. If you do, then get yourself down to Kingsholm and onto the terraces. The fans mix, ordinary working people... and most with excess beer on board. Yet it is good humoured. Occasionally there are scuffles, but these are no different from those between drunken idiots rather than being tribal. You rarely see anyone wearing football shirts in Gloucester... Cherry and whites... nearly everyone... especially on match day. Football is barely played down in the West Country. Union is the main gig... including in schools
For the most part, football is trouble free and rival fans mix easily without problems. Some clubs excepted, of course
[Post edited 29 Feb 2016 7:33]
Crazy Fans on 21:37 - Feb 29 with 4115 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Crazy Fans on 22:38 - Feb 28 by Hitch

Ruanui, Taranaki.

He mihi nui ki te maunga teitei o Te ika a Maui. Ko Taranaki! I guess as someone else mentioned it is definitely tribal when it comes to football fans so we can relate that passion to iwi rivalries in a sense. How did you become attached to the mad house that is QPR bro?
Login to get fewer ads

Crazy Fans on 21:45 - Feb 29 with 4095 viewsSnipper

Crazy Fans on 21:37 - Feb 29 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

He mihi nui ki te maunga teitei o Te ika a Maui. Ko Taranaki! I guess as someone else mentioned it is definitely tribal when it comes to football fans so we can relate that passion to iwi rivalries in a sense. How did you become attached to the mad house that is QPR bro?

I spent some time in Hawera, Taranaki in 1989/90.

Loved New Zealand.
Crazy Fans on 21:53 - Feb 29 with 4081 viewsSydneyRs

Crazy Fans on 05:13 - Feb 29 by timcocking

When it comes to rugby union, that's not much different in Australia. Definitely one for the Tarquins.
Crazy Fans on 22:05 - Feb 29 with 4054 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Crazy Fans on 21:53 - Feb 29 by SydneyRs

When it comes to rugby union, that's not much different in Australia. Definitely one for the Tarquins.

Yeah true we are lucky in NZ, very few Tarquins here and rugby is not really segregated that way
Crazy Fans on 00:10 - Mar 1 with 4005 viewsHitch

Crazy Fans on 21:45 - Feb 29 by Snipper

I spent some time in Hawera, Taranaki in 1989/90.

Loved New Zealand.

That's my town, where were you friend.
Crazy Fans on 00:34 - Mar 1 with 3996 viewsHitch

Crazy Fans on 21:37 - Feb 29 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

Kei te koa au ki te tutaki I a koe. I started following QPR after seeing them in the FA cup one year. I really liked the Kahurangi and Ma stripes, so here I am.
Crazy Fans on 01:28 - Mar 1 with 3984 viewsQPR_Jim

Crazy Fans on 00:34 - Mar 1 by Hitch

Kei te koa au ki te tutaki I a koe. I started following QPR after seeing them in the FA cup one year. I really liked the Kahurangi and Ma stripes, so here I am.

We don't use the S-word around here, they're hoops!

*or at least they should be if we could get our kit right.
Crazy Fans on 03:14 - Mar 1 with 3964 viewsHitch

Crazy Fans on 01:28 - Mar 1 by QPR_Jim

We don't use the S-word around here, they're hoops!

*or at least they should be if we could get our kit right.

Ill give myself an uppercut
Crazy Fans on 07:10 - Mar 1 with 3925 viewsqprichard

Crazy Fans on 00:10 - Mar 1 by Hitch

That's my town, where were you friend.

Small world.

Played in goal for them for 3 seasons, early 1970s
Crazy Fans on 20:12 - Mar 1 with 3791 viewsHitch

Crazy Fans on 07:10 - Mar 1 by qprichard

Small world.

Played in goal for them for 3 seasons, early 1970s

wow, any names from that era
Crazy Fans on 20:31 - Mar 1 with 3778 viewsRs_Holy

Crazy Fans on 20:12 - Mar 1 by Hitch

Cheese?
Crazy Fans on 22:39 - Mar 1 with 3711 viewsCiderwithRsie

Crazy Fans on 07:31 - Feb 29 by GetMeRangers

But that isnt true, unless you have never visited the West Country. If you do, then get yourself down to Kingsholm and onto the terraces. The fans mix, ordinary working people... and most with excess beer on board. Yet it is good humoured. Occasionally there are scuffles, but these are no different from those between drunken idiots rather than being tribal. You rarely see anyone wearing football shirts in Gloucester... Cherry and whites... nearly everyone... especially on match day. Football is barely played down in the West Country. Union is the main gig... including in schools
For the most part, football is trouble free and rival fans mix easily without problems. Some clubs excepted, of course
[Post edited 29 Feb 2016 7:33]

True enough, though I think you underestimate the importance of the top-of-the-conference clash that is El Glossico.
Crazy Fans on 23:18 - Mar 1 with 3688 viewsGetMeRangers

Crazy Fans on 22:39 - Mar 1 by CiderwithRsie

True enough, though I think you underestimate the importance of the top-of-the-conference clash that is El Glossico.

El Glossico?
Crazy Fans on 07:40 - Mar 2 with 3630 viewsqprichard

Crazy Fans on 20:12 - Mar 1 by Hitch

Can only remember a couple of full names, Charlie Holm who was an electrician and Mike Chapman who was an accountant. Can remember a few first names chap called Tony who worked for the Hawera Star was there for a season, and Charlie had a brother I think was called Bob.
Football had just started to really catch on at the time and a number of the players were from England a number who were there only a short time as they moved round looking for somewhere to settle, but then some very promising young players were coming from the local school by the time I left.
Crazy Fans on 09:38 - Mar 2 with 3601 viewsCiderwithRsie

Crazy Fans on 23:18 - Mar 1 by GetMeRangers

El Glossico?

Cheltenham Town v Forest Green Rovers.

Actually, as I'm sure you know, no-one much cares, but the county does have the two top sides in the Conference this system.

First leg of El Glos was a draw.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024