Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA women's team demand equal pay! 00:19 - Apr 1 with 21052 viewsHollowayRanger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35937077

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:36 - Apr 1 with 2551 viewsMvpeter

Political correctness means treating people with dignity and respect?

Not even slightly. It means distorting truth to protect the feelings of the so called oppressed.

We've seen two examples here.

The physical capabilities of the men and womens hurling teams are similar.

The US womens team makes more than the US mens team.

So its discrimination and society that makes us watch the mens.

These are so easily debunked.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 13:37]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:46 - Apr 1 with 2537 viewsnadera78

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:36 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

Not even slightly. It means distorting truth to protect the feelings of the so called oppressed.

Instead of talking about some imaginary political correctness, how about dealing with this particular issue?

If the women's team generates more money for the USSF than the men's team does, why should the women be paid less than the men?
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:06 - Apr 1 with 2511 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:36 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

You misquoted me.

I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength

I know Inter-County hurlers and footballers of both genders, the Cork teams train near my house, I watch them both train and play and they allow me some access to their resources so I can use it on our club. I am also heavily involved with club coaching.

Men's hurling and women's hurling are refereed differently so men concentrate on strength a small bit more whereas women concentrate with on speed and stamina as it is a more open game under their rules. The preparation programmes and the physical levels when balanced across the three components of speed, stamina and strength are most definitely on a par.

And, if you read my posts, I'm yet to be convinced by either side on this issue. I'm not waving any flags of any colour here, so please don't ascribe any motive to my posts.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:47 - Apr 1 with 2478 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 13:46 - Apr 1 by nadera78

Instead of talking about some imaginary political correctness, how about dealing with this particular issue?

If the women's team generates more money for the USSF than the men's team does, why should the women be paid less than the men?

I am dealing with this particular issue.

'If the women's team generates more money for the USSF than the men's team does, why should the women be paid less than the men?'

They shouldn't but this is the imaginary scenario. The mens team makes almost double.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:50 - Apr 1 with 2477 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:06 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

You misquoted me.

I said the same physical levels i.e. they are now just as fit, which wasn't always the case. Fitness in the G.A.A. is coached in three components - speed, stamina and strength

I know Inter-County hurlers and footballers of both genders, the Cork teams train near my house, I watch them both train and play and they allow me some access to their resources so I can use it on our club. I am also heavily involved with club coaching.

Men's hurling and women's hurling are refereed differently so men concentrate on strength a small bit more whereas women concentrate with on speed and stamina as it is a more open game under their rules. The preparation programmes and the physical levels when balanced across the three components of speed, stamina and strength are most definitely on a par.

And, if you read my posts, I'm yet to be convinced by either side on this issue. I'm not waving any flags of any colour here, so please don't ascribe any motive to my posts.

Sorry I was just using your claim as an example I wasn't trying to suggest you have some kind of campaign or whatever.

I'm sorry but biology shows that this simply isn't true. There isn't close to parity in these areas. They are not just as fit.

And if they are combine the leagues and we should see women make it into county teams on their own merit. We know this won't happen.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 14:53]

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:56 - Apr 1 with 2470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:50 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

Sorry I was just using your claim as an example I wasn't trying to suggest you have some kind of campaign or whatever.

I'm sorry but biology shows that this simply isn't true. There isn't close to parity in these areas. They are not just as fit.

And if they are combine the leagues and we should see women make it into county teams on their own merit. We know this won't happen.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 14:53]

Fair enough.

But on the hurling front what I wrote is most certainly true as their test results are comparable.

I have no idea about U.S. soccer and have no problem saying so.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:14 - Apr 1 with 2447 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:56 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough.

But on the hurling front what I wrote is most certainly true as their test results are comparable.

I'll trust that you have some test which you think shows this. However every single peer reviewed scientific study shows conclusively that their are very real physical differences between the average member of each sex and between the peak of each sex. Speed, Strength and Stamina all have significant differences.

That isn't to say that all are faster or have better stamina.When I was in the TA the top of the group was always a group of men, the bottom always a group of women. However I had a few girls that regularly finished ahead of me when it came to long distance one of whoms now an Ironman (Ironwoman?)

These are the exceptions however.

U.S soccer is no different to any other sport.

Also I don't want you to get me wrong, I like women's sports. They are just as entertaining sometimes such as the UFC or Tennis. (WWE even though its not a sport has vastly improved when it comes to women) For me anyway. But if we eliminated sex segregation they wouldn't be integrated leagues, the women could not compete.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:19 - Apr 1 with 2438 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:19 - Apr 1 with 2438 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone anywhere has the right to demand better pay and conditions for what they do. If no compromise can be made, go on strike and see how missed you are.

For once I have no opinion either way frankly but I do find it curious that some are so passionately against it considering they have no stake in the argument whatsoever.
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 2417 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:14 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

I'll trust that you have some test which you think shows this. However every single peer reviewed scientific study shows conclusively that their are very real physical differences between the average member of each sex and between the peak of each sex. Speed, Strength and Stamina all have significant differences.

That isn't to say that all are faster or have better stamina.When I was in the TA the top of the group was always a group of men, the bottom always a group of women. However I had a few girls that regularly finished ahead of me when it came to long distance one of whoms now an Ironman (Ironwoman?)

These are the exceptions however.

U.S soccer is no different to any other sport.

Also I don't want you to get me wrong, I like women's sports. They are just as entertaining sometimes such as the UFC or Tennis. (WWE even though its not a sport has vastly improved when it comes to women) For me anyway. But if we eliminated sex segregation they wouldn't be integrated leagues, the women could not compete.

"I'll trust that you have some test which you think shows this."

Yes, an array of tests measuring speed, speed endurance, stamina, vertical height jumps, multi-directional speed etc etc.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:41 - Apr 1 with 2413 viewssimmo

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:56 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair enough.

He knows more about hurling than you, Brian. Same as every other topic. So be a good lad and agree, for all our sakes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:08 - Apr 1 with 2385 viewsnadera78

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 14:47 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

I am dealing with this particular issue.

'If the women's team generates more money for the USSF than the men's team does, why should the women be paid less than the men?'

They shouldn't but this is the imaginary scenario. The mens team makes almost double.

Really? From that article:

"Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Becky Sauerbrunn and Hope Solo say they are paid less than half of what the male USA players receive."

"One of the lawyers representing the players, Jeffrey Kessler, said the women's game generated more income for US Soccer than the men's..."
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:13 - Apr 1 with 2373 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:08 - Apr 1 by nadera78

Really? From that article:

"Alex Morgan, Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe, Becky Sauerbrunn and Hope Solo say they are paid less than half of what the male USA players receive."

"One of the lawyers representing the players, Jeffrey Kessler, said the women's game generated more income for US Soccer than the men's..."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-womens-national-team-accuses-u-s-soccer-of-pay-d

But the lawyer is wrong. And it's so so easy to see.

And thats why they lose these court cases.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:18 - Apr 1 with 2363 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:41 - Apr 1 by simmo

He knows more about hurling than you, Brian. Same as every other topic. So be a good lad and agree, for all our sakes.

Couldn't give a toss about Hurling but I do know that it isn't played in a bubble where the laws of physics are ignored.

I clearly know more about BASIC biology.

You continue to stand on the side of ridiculousness asserting that there aren't clear and obvious and scientifically proven physical differences between the sexes.

I beg you to find one shred of evidence. One scientist agreeing with you.

And I'm the know it all. INSANITY.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:20 - Apr 1 with 2363 viewsnadera78

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:13 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-womens-national-team-accuses-u-s-soccer-of-pay-d

You're an expert in this too now? I wonder why the players are bothering to take this action when they could just email you.
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:25 - Apr 1 with 1914 viewskensalriser

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:13 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

Good of you link to an article that actually undermines your arguments more than it supports them.

It isn't a court case, by the way.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 16:26]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:32 - Apr 1 with 1900 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 10:47 - Apr 1 by robith

You know that political correctness means treating people with dignity and respect right? Not turning the yoke of your own privilege onto those who get a worse deal through sexism and racism etc. Economics are intrinsically linked to this, not some abstract force that work on its own through magic.

It's treating people with dignity and respect gone mad!

"It's treating people with dignity and respect gone mad!"

You shouldn't say gone mad, it's disrespectful and stigmatising for people with psychological disorders to use their condition as a derogatory term.
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:34 - Apr 1 with 1896 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 15:41 - Apr 1 by simmo

I'm thinking of offering him a coaching gig!

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:36 - Apr 1 with 1893 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:18 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

Couldn't give a toss about Hurling but I do know that it isn't played in a bubble where the laws of physics are ignored.

I clearly know more about BASIC biology.

You continue to stand on the side of ridiculousness asserting that there aren't clear and obvious and scientifically proven physical differences between the sexes.

I beg you to find one shred of evidence. One scientist agreeing with you.

And I'm the know it all. INSANITY.

Are you saying that the laws of physics (or biology, even) dictate that a group of women can't ever post comparable quantifiable results as a group of men?

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:13 - Apr 1 with 1862 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:25 - Apr 1 by kensalriser

Good of you link to an article that actually undermines your arguments more than it supports them.

It isn't a court case, by the way.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 16:26]

My argument that men's football creates more than women's?

Oops. It didn't did it?

Didn't say or imply it was a court case by the way
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 17:14]

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:15 - Apr 1 with 1859 viewsMvpeter

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 16:36 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Are you saying that the laws of physics (or biology, even) dictate that a group of women can't ever post comparable quantifiable results as a group of men?

No and nothing I've said would imply that.

In fact the precise inverse is stated.

The question is whether two groups of athletes that play the same game at the same respective level can and the answer to that is yes.

Two groups of high level athletes will not post comparable stats.

Only by getting the top 20% of men and top 10% of women (or something like that) will you find parity.

Honestly this isn't even questioned in science. I can't believe we're having this conversation.

Why do you think the sexes are segregated? Social conditioning?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 17:19]

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:16 - Apr 1 with 1857 viewsBoston

We get paid or you don't get laid?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 00:10 - Apr 3 with 1768 viewsBrianMcCarthy

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:15 - Apr 1 by Mvpeter

No and nothing I've said would imply that.

In fact the precise inverse is stated.

The question is whether two groups of athletes that play the same game at the same respective level can and the answer to that is yes.

Two groups of high level athletes will not post comparable stats.

Only by getting the top 20% of men and top 10% of women (or something like that) will you find parity.

Honestly this isn't even questioned in science. I can't believe we're having this conversation.

Why do you think the sexes are segregated? Social conditioning?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2016 17:19]

"The question is whether two groups of athletes that play the same game at the same respective level can and the answer to that is yes."

Perfect. Thanks.

USA women's team demand equal pay! on 02:47 - Apr 3 with 1744 viewstimcocking

I think it's silly. (or at least would be here. I suppose USA could be a little different.)

It's unlucky for women that they are usually not as good compared to the men at most sports, but it's equally unlucky for us all that we aren't good enough to play at that level. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. The male international footballers are the best human footballers on the planet, the women aren't even close, unfortunately for them.

If the women were much better than the men, I'd expect them to be paid accordingly.

I wouldn't expect a table tennis player to get as well paid as a footballer, because nobody cares about table tennis.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2016 7:02]
USA women's team demand equal pay! on 17:47 - Apr 3 with 1702 viewsDorse

I wanted to claim the moral high ground by, ironically, showing a picture of some very attractive female footballers and saying 'I suppose THIS is what we all want to see!' But, after 14 hours of trawling the Internet browsing pictures of this nature, I have gone blind, mad and have hairy palms.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024