Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Winter Sun 15:06 - Jul 11 with 4993 viewsEsgaroth

I know there are some well traveled individuals on here so i need to tap into that collective knowledge and see if you lot have recommendations on somewhere hot and sunny for a weeks relaxation any time from Nov to Feb.

Have considered places like the Canary Islands, Cape Verde or Cuba Mexico or the Caribbean but am game for anything..........then i will discuss it with "Her Indoors"

Sorry its not a footy thread but nothings really happening right now

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

Winter Sun on 15:29 - Jul 11 with 4962 viewshopphoops

I've had the same dilemma in the past and this is 100% the answer: go to Seville and stay here http://www.lascasasdelajuderiasevilla.com/en/photo-tour.html

You can get some football in too.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Winter Sun on 15:35 - Jul 11 with 4940 viewsDWQPR

If the budget will allow and your happy with an eight hour flight then I would whole-heartedly recommend this place:

http://www.crystalcovehotelbarbados.com

Went last year and had the most fantastic holiday. The hotel is a boutique hotel on the west coast of Barbados and has only 88 rooms. Food fantastic, easy for getting into Bridgetown and the staff were the best hotel staff I have ever come across, polite, cheerful and very attentive. The island itself is a real jewel. And in just 11 days time we are on our way back for a fortnight. Cannot wait.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Winter Sun on 15:44 - Jul 11 with 4921 viewskingsburyR

Get yourself to Cape Town.........won't regret it!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Winter Sun on 16:09 - Jul 11 with 4862 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Again it's a long way but Thailand / South East Asia. Perfect and something for everyone.
Winter Sun on 16:13 - Jul 11 with 4851 viewsPinnerPaul

November - I would recommend Nottingham at the beginning of the month or Ipswich towards the end.

December, I would be looking at those fine towns of Rotherham, Brighton or Wolverhampton

January, will bring you almost guaranteed sunshine if you go to Reading around the 14th and if you leave it to February you can choose from Newcastle, Blackburn, Birmingham or Preston.

Sorted
Winter Sun on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 4839 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Winter Sun on 15:44 - Jul 11 by kingsburyR

Ditto this I've been twice.

The most beautiful city I've been to.

100x more chilled that Jo'berg
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 16:19]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Winter Sun on 16:29 - Jul 11 with 4802 views1MoreBrightonR

Winter Sun on 15:35 - Jul 11 by DWQPR

If the budget will allow and your happy with an eight hour flight then I would whole-heartedly recommend this place:

http://www.crystalcovehotelbarbados.com

Went last year and had the most fantastic holiday. The hotel is a boutique hotel on the west coast of Barbados and has only 88 rooms. Food fantastic, easy for getting into Bridgetown and the staff were the best hotel staff I have ever come across, polite, cheerful and very attentive. The island itself is a real jewel. And in just 11 days time we are on our way back for a fortnight. Cannot wait.

obviously budget dependent too but I'd recommend Grenada in the Caribbean over Barbados!
Winter Sun on 16:40 - Jul 11 with 4780 viewsEsgaroth

All of these look great but may be a bit out of the budget depending on how good the Christmas bonus is, need to aim between £600 - £800 per person really
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 17:53]

Login to get fewer ads

Winter Sun on 16:59 - Jul 11 with 4727 viewscyprusmel

Lanzarotte Canary Islands great for winter sun.
Winter Sun on 17:11 - Jul 11 with 4701 viewsdistortR

Winter Sun on 16:40 - Jul 11 by Esgaroth

All of these look great but may be a bit out of the budget depending on how good the Christmas bonus is, need to aim between £600 - £800 per person really
[Post edited 11 Jul 2016 17:53]

Mate, for that you can rent my council house on the isle of mann for a whole long weekend.
It is a little known fact that 'Mann' is gaelic for 'winter sun'.
You'll be surrounded by lively natives, and you won't have to listen hard to hear the cry of a lesser-brained manxtw@t between the hours of 11pm and 4am.
If you come, you must try the local delicacy of chips, cheese and gravy. Best eaten on the way home fron the pub whilst playing dodge the dog eggs.
Fun when you're young!
Winter Sun on 18:47 - Jul 11 with 4603 viewsA40Bosh

Can't go wrong with the Canaries to be honest.
Something for every budget in Tenerife .

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Winter Sun on 19:09 - Jul 11 with 4571 viewsCFW

Think you will be limited to the places to visit by your budget, Cape Town, Crystal Cove in Barbados are really, really nice places to visit but unfortunately you will need a lot more than your present budget.

I went to Cape Verde in November last year for a week (wished I had gone for 10 days) and I have to say 'value for money' it was very hard to beat. There is nothing there and I mean nothing but the resort I stayed in is self contained, the food was good, the drinks were ok (wine was awful) but the beer and sprits were fine. The beach is great or the pool area was nice but I prefer the beach.

Played a lot of Beach Volley Ball which was great fun and a lot of banter with the Dutch and German blokes re football etc. For a 'fly and flop' holiday in my opinion so much better than the Canary Islands. Better weather as well. Hope this helps and enjoy whatever you chose to do.
Winter Sun on 20:03 - Jul 11 with 4521 viewsEsgaroth

Winter Sun on 19:09 - Jul 11 by CFW

Think you will be limited to the places to visit by your budget, Cape Town, Crystal Cove in Barbados are really, really nice places to visit but unfortunately you will need a lot more than your present budget.

I went to Cape Verde in November last year for a week (wished I had gone for 10 days) and I have to say 'value for money' it was very hard to beat. There is nothing there and I mean nothing but the resort I stayed in is self contained, the food was good, the drinks were ok (wine was awful) but the beer and sprits were fine. The beach is great or the pool area was nice but I prefer the beach.

Played a lot of Beach Volley Ball which was great fun and a lot of banter with the Dutch and German blokes re football etc. For a 'fly and flop' holiday in my opinion so much better than the Canary Islands. Better weather as well. Hope this helps and enjoy whatever you chose to do.

Cape Verde is looking pretty good at the moment all things considered.

Its a shame Egypt is a dodgy destination at the mo because its dirt cheap for obvious reasons

Winter Sun on 20:36 - Jul 11 with 4472 viewsBrightonhoop

Might be worth considering buying at least part of your holiday money now. Although the £ is off 1.30 Euros down to 116 there's alot of talk f the £ reaching parity 1-1 against both Euro and Dollar.
Winter Sun on 22:23 - Jul 11 with 4386 viewsWatford_Ranger

Marrakech is always worth a look. Dirt cheap, no sense of being near any sort of trouble, great food. Was hotter than Dubai when I was there in December.
Winter Sun on 23:06 - Jul 11 with 4344 viewsDrewster

Winter Sun on 19:09 - Jul 11 by CFW

I always go for a week away in November, been twice to the Cape Verde isles. Boa Vista and Sal. Loved both, Sal probably edged it as the capital Santa Maria has a fabulous beach.

Went to the Dominican Republic last year and that was great but maybe just off your budget. If you can find a place under £800 then game on.

Still undecided for this year, maybe Mexico, possibly the Canaries, still unsure. Thailand a bit far for just a week.
Winter Sun on 05:40 - Jul 12 with 4278 viewsderbyhoop

Winter Sun on 16:09 - Jul 11 by Silverfoxqpr

Again it's a long way but Thailand / South East Asia. Perfect and something for everyone.

If SE Asia is an option, try Langkawi in Malaysia.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Winter Sun on 05:53 - Jul 12 with 4271 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

DEC TO Feb COME TO nz MATE, GUARANTEED SUN AND IT'S A STUNNING PLACE TO VISIT.. BLOODY LONG FLIGHT THO..

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Winter Sun on 08:19 - Jul 12 with 4196 viewsTheChef

Winter Sun on 15:44 - Jul 11 by kingsburyR

Flights not cheap, but bloody cheap once you get there.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Winter Sun on 12:56 - Jul 12 with 4101 viewsCapeTownR

Winter Sun on 08:19 - Jul 12 by TheChef

Flights not cheap, but bloody cheap once you get there.

You won't find much cheaper than Cape Town, just stay away from tourist traps like the waterfront, camps bay etc. With pounds you are laughing but lost a few over last month but will rand will soon get another battering soon. Little bit chilly at moment over here but nov till feb is prime time, enjoy wherever you go.
Winter Sun on 13:51 - Jul 12 with 4066 viewsR_from_afar

I'm not sure how warm it will be because we have always been there in March or April but this place, on the Canary island of La Palma, is wonderful. The hotel is very relaxing, the resort has sufficient shops and restaurants for a week plus a lovely black sand beach and the island is very interesting, very green with spectacular scenery and few tourists.
http://sol-la-palma-hotel.puerto-naos.hotels-canary-islands.com/en/

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Winter Sun on 19:13 - Jul 12 with 3984 viewsHarbour

Go to Thailand 3 nights in Bankok and then on to one of the islands koh phi
Phi is stunning good luck ....Feb March great time to go
Winter Sun on 14:34 - Jul 13 with 3869 viewsEsgaroth

Thanks for the advice you lot. Lets hope my bonus is big enough to bring these destinations into play

Winter Sun on 15:10 - Jul 13 with 3857 viewsrunningman75

Fuerteventura is a great place, often gone pre- Christmas to avoid Christmas parties and Slade playing on the radio for the 10,000th time that month.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024