Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conrad and Lund start.. 14:13 - Aug 20 with 13579 viewsLuke8686

Dale XI: Logan, Cannon, McGahey, Canavan, McNulty, Allen, Lund, Thompson, NML, Bunney Henderson.

Subs: Lillis, Tanser, Andrew, Camps, McDermott, Davies, Odelusi
Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 3543 viewsDaley_Lama

We played much better second half.

Their sub (10) made all the difference.

Won the penalty (big Jim didn't see him coming)
Won the free-kick (Cannon foul)

MK were/are a solid, good, professional team that will be up towards the top end. They soaked up our pressure and looked good on the break.

Carruthers totally stole the show with his diving cheating antics, Lewington kicked out at Lund to get silver medal and the ref actually improved second half.

Not going for us at the mo, we'll turn the corner though.

Poll: DF in or out

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:57 - Aug 20 with 3444 views442Dale

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:45 - Aug 20 by SaxonDale

But surely if the referee has had a poor game it warrants a mention? He's on the pitch just as anyone else is so can expect praise/criticism.

Our team defending poorly from set pieces is a completely different point.

He made a couple of mistakes. That was it. He didn't affect the game at all.

Edit: but no, you're right. Point taken. It's still tedious hearing what was said today.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2016 18:05]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:04 - Aug 20 with 3390 viewsDaleFan7

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:45 - Aug 20 by BigKindo

,.......... and justified. Lewington didn't even get spoken to for a tackle straight through the back of Medez Lang. Another ref on another day and it could have been a red.

Sorry but you're clutching at straws. There were 0 red card challenges on the field this afternoon. And if there were football should be no longer classed as a physical game and should have the same rules as netball.
Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:08 - Aug 20 with 3360 viewsRoChDaLe

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:45 - Aug 20 by Daley_Lama

We played much better second half.

Their sub (10) made all the difference.

Won the penalty (big Jim didn't see him coming)
Won the free-kick (Cannon foul)

MK were/are a solid, good, professional team that will be up towards the top end. They soaked up our pressure and looked good on the break.

Carruthers totally stole the show with his diving cheating antics, Lewington kicked out at Lund to get silver medal and the ref actually improved second half.

Not going for us at the mo, we'll turn the corner though.

I really don't think you could describe that Mk Dons team as 'solid' and 'good'... they may have beat us today but they were pi$$ poor. They hardly 'soaked' up our pressure either really because we should of scored at least 2 today (henderson header along with Andrews effort just wide from a Davies cross).

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:31 - Aug 20 with 3246 viewsDaley_Lama

Only time will tell on my view of their season.

They soaked us then in the last 10 minutes went for the late win, notably upping their pace.

Canny, experienced etc from my perspective.

Poll: DF in or out

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:35 - Aug 20 with 3226 viewsTVOS1907

Conrad and Lund start.. on 16:41 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

Lillis saved one on Tues?

He didn't, it was put wide.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:46 - Aug 20 with 3169 viewsTVOS1907

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:22 - Aug 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

......and we still lost.

Waiting for "a bad day at the office"..........we seem to have them regularly.

Says who?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:57 - Aug 20 with 3120 viewsdingdangblue

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:38 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

People need to realise we're not very good and without any decent recruitment before the window shuts I really do fear for our season. £20 to watch that all through the winter. No thanks.

What a load of crap.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

Conrad and Lund start.. on 19:02 - Aug 20 with 3089 viewsTVOS1907

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:41 - Aug 20 by 1907

We have to sign a right back that can challenge Rafferty and a first choice left back. It is an absolute priority. I'm currently sat here feeling sick after that. So unbelievably frustrating. The worst thing about it all is that was THE worst MK Dons team I've ever seen us play. They were dire! The worst thing about it is that we still couldn't bloody beat them. Clutching at straws here but that was never a free kick in a month of Sunday's and to concede in the 95th minute when there was a minimum of 4 added on... We've had a hell of a lot of bad luck so far.

Trying to pull some positives out of it;

Lund was good

Davies looked like he can do a bit

We're missing far too many chances, but at least we're creating a few

Our CBs are forming a decent looking partnership and should do well with Logan behind, it's the fooling full backs that are persistently letting us down

Please Keith, a new left back this week is going to be crucial to our survival, McNulty has gone so far backwards from last season.

"...to concede in the 95th minute when there was a minimum of 4 added on... We've had a hell of a lot of bad luck so far. "

Doesn't the 95th minute fit in with 'a minimum of 4'?

Those minutes apply to both teams.

Conrad and Lund start.. on 19:06 - Aug 20 with 3049 viewsYouTubeDale

Conrad and Lund start.. on 17:41 - Aug 20 by 1907

We have to sign a right back that can challenge Rafferty and a first choice left back. It is an absolute priority. I'm currently sat here feeling sick after that. So unbelievably frustrating. The worst thing about it all is that was THE worst MK Dons team I've ever seen us play. They were dire! The worst thing about it is that we still couldn't bloody beat them. Clutching at straws here but that was never a free kick in a month of Sunday's and to concede in the 95th minute when there was a minimum of 4 added on... We've had a hell of a lot of bad luck so far.

Trying to pull some positives out of it;

Lund was good

Davies looked like he can do a bit

We're missing far too many chances, but at least we're creating a few

Our CBs are forming a decent looking partnership and should do well with Logan behind, it's the fooling full backs that are persistently letting us down

Please Keith, a new left back this week is going to be crucial to our survival, McNulty has gone so far backwards from last season.

I didn't think it was a free kick too. The ball stopped still saying Cannon got the ball.

They were there for the taking today and we were unlucky not to get the ball in the net. Their goalie stumbled into the path of Hendo's header.

Harrison played well at the back, but his cross-field passes are woeful. He can't do it, so execute that pass into the centre along the ground which is so effective. He can do that.

Agree, Bunney not good enough. But JT was useful today.

Logan deserved MOM. Amazed that he saves so many penalties. Add to that his double save, surely that's worth the £20 admission alone.

Lund made his trade mark tackle which is always good to see.

Going through the back of a player is always a yellow. Not today.

For me, the overall performance was good and that fills me with belief. Davies looks as though he will add to our performances in the future.

But at the end of the day it's CRAZY how we still can't defend free kicks...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 19:12 - Aug 20 with 3002 views442Dale

Conrad and Lund start.. on 19:06 - Aug 20 by YouTubeDale

I didn't think it was a free kick too. The ball stopped still saying Cannon got the ball.

They were there for the taking today and we were unlucky not to get the ball in the net. Their goalie stumbled into the path of Hendo's header.

Harrison played well at the back, but his cross-field passes are woeful. He can't do it, so execute that pass into the centre along the ground which is so effective. He can do that.

Agree, Bunney not good enough. But JT was useful today.

Logan deserved MOM. Amazed that he saves so many penalties. Add to that his double save, surely that's worth the £20 admission alone.

Lund made his trade mark tackle which is always good to see.

Going through the back of a player is always a yellow. Not today.

For me, the overall performance was good and that fills me with belief. Davies looks as though he will add to our performances in the future.

But at the end of the day it's CRAZY how we still can't defend free kicks...

Not sure why their keeper's excellent reaction save isn't deserving of the credit as those Logan made. And that's why we can't moan so much too - our keeper had much more to do than theirs.

We didn't play badly, we didn't have enough to get a result though. Squad players should remain that until it's proven they can get results.

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:05 - Aug 20 with 2842 viewsDaleFan7

Conrad and Lund start.. on 18:57 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

What a load of crap.

In your opinion....
Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:13 - Aug 20 with 2806 viewsdingdangblue

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:05 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

In your opinion....

How are we a rubbish team? Its basically the same as last season (we finished 10th on a record 69 points). We've played 4 teams for god sake! 4 ones who are decent as well. Sheffield Utd are bottom and Coventry 4th bottom - I take it they are both getting relegated?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:27 - Aug 20 with 2746 views442Dale

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:13 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

How are we a rubbish team? Its basically the same as last season (we finished 10th on a record 69 points). We've played 4 teams for god sake! 4 ones who are decent as well. Sheffield Utd are bottom and Coventry 4th bottom - I take it they are both getting relegated?

While I agree we are far from rubbish, the squad is presently weaker than the one that ended last season.

Lower mid-table prediction: I'll stick to it for now.

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:54 - Aug 20 with 2673 viewsSuddenLad

Conrad and Lund start.. on 20:05 - Aug 20 by DaleFan7

In your opinion....

And mine

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Conrad and Lund start.. on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 2574 viewsSwissdale

We were OK today, better than at Vale park, but only OK. When you lose in the last minute it feels unlucky, but MK Dons had a number of chances, and missed a penalty - they would have felt they got a deserved 3 points.

Put simply, a team with Joe Thompson, Jim McNulty and Joe Bunney will always struggle in this league, regardless of the opposition. All three were today, and are well below the standard of league one.
Conrad and Lund start.. on 11:10 - Aug 22 with 2270 viewsYouTubeDale

I look to the positives. Davies,Harrison,Lund and Logan. Camps to get back into form quickly. We have the best manager in the division and we have only played badly once. We have money in the bank and therefore wriggle room for supporting incoming players.

It wouldn't enter my head not to turn up to the ground if Hilly played players I didn't agree with. But this clearly happens and it is an eye opener to me. Perhaps the way the club has chosen to target primary school kids isn't working yet,but we need to give it a chance. The £10 admin fee should have been strangled at berth because the amount of money it would have raised was just not worth it in terms of generating poor sentiment from many fans towards the club. I would have priced the Sandy at £10 giving those Dale fans who are really feeling the pinch a chance to see the game.

A big negative over reaction on this forum to the way we have started the season. We haven't become a poor team/club overnight. JT on low money but already knows the basics required. Not the best signing but it's not the end of the world.

Look to the positives , yes, be concerned but please don't go over the top. Crisis? You are having a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 11:39 - Aug 22 with 2220 viewsDaleiLama

Conrad and Lund start.. on 11:10 - Aug 22 by YouTubeDale

I look to the positives. Davies,Harrison,Lund and Logan. Camps to get back into form quickly. We have the best manager in the division and we have only played badly once. We have money in the bank and therefore wriggle room for supporting incoming players.

It wouldn't enter my head not to turn up to the ground if Hilly played players I didn't agree with. But this clearly happens and it is an eye opener to me. Perhaps the way the club has chosen to target primary school kids isn't working yet,but we need to give it a chance. The £10 admin fee should have been strangled at berth because the amount of money it would have raised was just not worth it in terms of generating poor sentiment from many fans towards the club. I would have priced the Sandy at £10 giving those Dale fans who are really feeling the pinch a chance to see the game.

A big negative over reaction on this forum to the way we have started the season. We haven't become a poor team/club overnight. JT on low money but already knows the basics required. Not the best signing but it's not the end of the world.

Look to the positives , yes, be concerned but please don't go over the top. Crisis? You are having a laugh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A solution is at hand

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Conrad and Lund start.. on 13:55 - Aug 22 with 2074 viewsD_Alien

Conrad and Lund start.. on 11:39 - Aug 22 by DaleiLama

A solution is at hand

Is that a fact?

Here's another. The only people who're talking about a crisis are those who're telling us there isn't one! No-one, not even those with the most negative outlook on Dale, has mentioned that we're in crisis. The majority are simply posting what, in their opinion, needs to change.

So stop banging on about a crisis, ffs!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Conrad and Lund start.. on 14:30 - Aug 22 with 2016 views442Dale

Conrad and Lund start.. on 13:55 - Aug 22 by D_Alien

Is that a fact?

Here's another. The only people who're talking about a crisis are those who're telling us there isn't one! No-one, not even those with the most negative outlook on Dale, has mentioned that we're in crisis. The majority are simply posting what, in their opinion, needs to change.

So stop banging on about a crisis, ffs!

Indeed. There's only a problem if the players/management think fans are at odds with what they're trying to achieve. We're really not. The support at games is still positive and that fans on here are mystified at some choices made recently, it doesn't mean it's a negative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024