Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford match 28/10 18:16 - Sep 6 with 13392 viewsbrydesantis

Hi there, I am an American football fan and making the trip over the pond in a little over a month. I must confess I am a Spurs supporter, however I have always had a soft spot for QPR and as luck would have it there is a home match on Friday the 28th at Loftus Road that i will be able to attend.

Anyways, I have registered on the official ticket site but obviously will have to hope tickets for the Brentford match go on general sale. Is there a chance of that? I am aware Brentford is a local rival, so was wondering if that would be an issue with tickets. If it does sell out can you get tickets on stubhub? I know Tottenham has that option (albeit you pay through the nose)

Also, If any of you could be so kind as to suggest a pub that would be a good place to get a few pints before the match and a bit of an atmosphere? Thanks in advance and wish you lot all the best this season, hope you get back up to the Premier League. Cheers, bryan
Brentford match 28/10 on 18:39 - Sep 6 with 9500 viewsRosieG

I will be surprised if it's a sell out, as it's live on Sky.

If it is a sell out, Try Twickets, there will probaby be loads of tickets on there.

For a beer, try the Crown and Sceptre in Melina Road.
Brentford match 28/10 on 18:44 - Sep 6 with 9490 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Serious kudos for not giving the date as 10/28 and for not calling the sport soccer!

Not sure about spelling Bryan with a y but that's something we'll take up with your parents!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Brentford match 28/10 on 18:55 - Sep 6 with 9463 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Not sure where you are based in the US, but linking you with some Yank based Hoops might be of immeasurable benefit in your pre-game preparations.

We have a lot of things over here that are different but many the same. For example, the word for hot gas emitted from the backside prior to having a crap, is trump. I believe Trump means pretty much the same over there...well it certainly does from over here.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Brentford match 28/10 on 19:10 - Sep 6 with 9427 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 18:55 - Sep 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Not sure where you are based in the US, but linking you with some Yank based Hoops might be of immeasurable benefit in your pre-game preparations.

We have a lot of things over here that are different but many the same. For example, the word for hot gas emitted from the backside prior to having a crap, is trump. I believe Trump means pretty much the same over there...well it certainly does from over here.

hilarious. yes and please don't hold it against me that our two options for president are that asshat Trump and cu*t Hillary, God help us!

I live in Cleveland Ohio, which I did talk to some hoops fans a few years ago which were good people. However, I haven't seen them in ages probably as since relegation it isn't easy to find televised matches of the Championship unfortunately. My wife and I are staying in Kensington which appears to be a short tube ride to Loftus Road.
Brentford match 28/10 on 19:12 - Sep 6 with 9417 viewsbrydesantis

Cheers thanks for that. Is Brentford a big rival, I know you lot hate Chelski which is f*cking fantastic and more than reason enough for me to get 100% behind the R's!
Brentford match 28/10 on 20:19 - Sep 6 with 9317 viewsthame_hoops

browns fan? #ravens #joecool
Brentford match 28/10 on 23:18 - Sep 6 with 9161 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 20:19 - Sep 6 by thame_hoops

browns fan? #ravens #joecool

Unfortunately yes I am a Browns fan. They have given me nothing but pain for years this season should be no different haven't been the same since Baltimore stole our team haha
Brentford match 28/10 on 01:17 - Sep 7 with 9104 viewsBoston

The day tickets go on general sale jump on QPR ticket sales and you should have no bother buying tickets, the only issue may be getting two together. I hope you are on the short side, Loftus Road wasn't designed for anyone over 5'10".

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford match 28/10 on 01:28 - Sep 7 with 9101 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 01:17 - Sep 7 by Boston

The day tickets go on general sale jump on QPR ticket sales and you should have no bother buying tickets, the only issue may be getting two together. I hope you are on the short side, Loftus Road wasn't designed for anyone over 5'10".

Thank you for the info that's my plan for now. I'm going with my wife so hopefully able to get two together (if not I guess she's SOL haha) As for the leg room I am 6' tall so maybe a little cramped. I have read some reviews saying the same over the years, but part of my intrigue to catch a match at Loftus road is the intimate close feel so I guess take the good with the bad.
Brentford match 28/10 on 05:13 - Sep 7 with 9069 viewsvegasranger

Brentford match 28/10 on 19:10 - Sep 6 by brydesantis

hilarious. yes and please don't hold it against me that our two options for president are that asshat Trump and cu*t Hillary, God help us!

I live in Cleveland Ohio, which I did talk to some hoops fans a few years ago which were good people. However, I haven't seen them in ages probably as since relegation it isn't easy to find televised matches of the Championship unfortunately. My wife and I are staying in Kensington which appears to be a short tube ride to Loftus Road.

Vote for Gary Johnson. The only choice for serious voters.
Brentford match 28/10 on 14:58 - Sep 7 with 8933 viewsMrGrieves

Brentford match 28/10 on 05:13 - Sep 7 by vegasranger

Really????

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:16 - Sep 7 with 8910 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 05:13 - Sep 7 by vegasranger

where is Ross Perot when you need him. Could have won this election!
Brentford match 28/10 on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 8903 viewsWokingR

Brentford match 28/10 on 01:28 - Sep 7 by brydesantis

Thank you for the info that's my plan for now. I'm going with my wife so hopefully able to get two together (if not I guess she's SOL haha) As for the leg room I am 6' tall so maybe a little cramped. I have read some reviews saying the same over the years, but part of my intrigue to catch a match at Loftus road is the intimate close feel so I guess take the good with the bad.

Would recommend avoiding Ellerslie Road then.
This is the oldest part of the stadium built when we all supposedly looked like Hobbits.
Unless of course you can bag a seat on an aisle. Then you just have to remember to do the old gentlemanly "after you dear" and let the wife in first so that you're the one left on the aisle with the legroom.
Brentford match 28/10 on 15:35 - Sep 7 with 8886 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:19 - Sep 7 by WokingR

Would recommend avoiding Ellerslie Road then.
This is the oldest part of the stadium built when we all supposedly looked like Hobbits.
Unless of course you can bag a seat on an aisle. Then you just have to remember to do the old gentlemanly "after you dear" and let the wife in first so that you're the one left on the aisle with the legroom.

haha too funny thank you for the advice. It looks like wherever you sit in the ground it is a great view. Where are the away fans seated? Loftus Road stand or School End?
Brentford match 28/10 on 15:43 - Sep 7 with 8873 viewswrinklyhoop

Away fans are in the School End, often taking only one tier, but I fancy Brentford may well take both, TV or not. I'm in Ellerslie, and it's true there's no leg room, but I've watched Cup games from SA when it's the only stand open, and there's little if any more leg room there!
Brentford match 28/10 on 15:44 - Sep 7 with 8872 viewshopphoops

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:35 - Sep 7 by brydesantis

haha too funny thank you for the advice. It looks like wherever you sit in the ground it is a great view. Where are the away fans seated? Loftus Road stand or School End?

Away fans are in the school end upper and sometimes also the lower school end. If the lower school end is Rangers it's not a bad spot (and better legroom btw) but you can't see the Brentford 'massive' so you lose some of the atmosphere and the anthroplogical material.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:49 - Sep 7 with 8868 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:43 - Sep 7 by wrinklyhoop

Away fans are in the School End, often taking only one tier, but I fancy Brentford may well take both, TV or not. I'm in Ellerslie, and it's true there's no leg room, but I've watched Cup games from SA when it's the only stand open, and there's little if any more leg room there!

Guess i should bring some knee pads I was thinking it might be a big occasion for Brentford as QPR is a much bigger club usually a few divisions above. probably will be up for it being in close proximity.
Brentford match 28/10 on 16:31 - Sep 7 with 8826 viewsWokingR

Brentford match 28/10 on 15:49 - Sep 7 by brydesantis

Guess i should bring some knee pads I was thinking it might be a big occasion for Brentford as QPR is a much bigger club usually a few divisions above. probably will be up for it being in close proximity.

You're right, it is a massive day out for them (and they will be reminded of this)
Many of them will be getting over excited already and will be having trouble getting to sleep at night
Brentford match 28/10 on 16:52 - Sep 7 with 8804 viewsBoston

SAR is An older stand than the Ellerslie. Difference is that the lower section, containing the Paddock(s) and Corporate Boxes built / rebuilt since. Guessing, SAR 1968, Ellerslie 1971/2, Paddock, terrace to seating in 1975, Corporate / Luxury boxes a couple of years later.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 16:53]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Brentford match 28/10 on 20:57 - Sep 7 with 8689 viewsthame_hoops

Brentford match 28/10 on 23:18 - Sep 6 by brydesantis

Unfortunately yes I am a Browns fan. They have given me nothing but pain for years this season should be no different haven't been the same since Baltimore stole our team haha

BUT you got your team back pretty quickly AND you got to keep your records... Must have been hard to see the Ravens win two super bowls....
Brentford match 28/10 on 22:02 - Sep 7 with 8672 viewsbrydesantis

Brentford match 28/10 on 20:57 - Sep 7 by thame_hoops

BUT you got your team back pretty quickly AND you got to keep your records... Must have been hard to see the Ravens win two super bowls....

Yeah besides being divisional opponent I hold no ill will told Baltimore. In fact, with the exact same thing happening to Baltimore with the colts know how it feels. The years without a team were really rough.

The only thing that really hurt when Ravens won super bowl was seeing modell lift the trophy after he did us dirty. As for the team it was well deserved as they did a great job building through the draft. If it was a lot of Browns players from roster that left it would have been different.
Brentford match 28/10 on 10:41 - Sep 8 with 8530 viewsCamberleyR

Brentford match 28/10 on 16:52 - Sep 7 by Boston

SAR is An older stand than the Ellerslie. Difference is that the lower section, containing the Paddock(s) and Corporate Boxes built / rebuilt since. Guessing, SAR 1968, Ellerslie 1971/2, Paddock, terrace to seating in 1975, Corporate / Luxury boxes a couple of years later.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 16:53]

Yep, SAR stand was built and completed just prior to the first season we played in the first division, summer 1968.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Brentford match 28/10 on 12:22 - Sep 8 with 8490 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Last time I was in ER I jumped up when we scored and nearly fell on the bloke in front, it was then I noticed my feet were larger than the space allocated for them and my boots had hit the chair in front.

Avoid unless under 5ft8"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Brentford match 28/10 on 12:39 - Oct 6 with 8216 viewsbrydesantis

Got my tickets this morning so excited!!! After FUlham result hopefully the start of a good run for the R's by the time I get there.

Seats are in SAR Block B. How is the leg room there? I managed to get an aisle seat (I think)
Brentford match 28/10 on 12:41 - Oct 6 with 8204 viewstoboboly

Brentford match 28/10 on 12:39 - Oct 6 by brydesantis

Got my tickets this morning so excited!!! After FUlham result hopefully the start of a good run for the R's by the time I get there.

Seats are in SAR Block B. How is the leg room there? I managed to get an aisle seat (I think)

Say goodbye to your kneecaps.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024