Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread 18:22 - Sep 19 with 31775 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 18:56]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:44 - Sep 21 with 1793 viewsshandyjack

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:37 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

Skippy Vs Perchy. We're one eejit short of a Three Stooges sketch.

Darren will be along soon don't worry

Poll: Expectation for the season

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:47 - Sep 21 with 1720 viewsA_Fans_Dad

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:40 - Sep 21 by Lord_Bony

Leon got fitness problems...Taylor is shyte.

He may have but he was still making good interceptions at the end.
His passing is still accurate and crisp.
Routledge was well Routledge, ie not very good.
Taylor absolutely useless.
Fulton really good and prepared to get up there and have a go at the goal.
VDH very composed.
Amat played well and didn't look like giving much away.
Rangel played quite well, with good ball control but a bit slow.
Fab may have done better than Nordfeldt.
Fer didn't look that much better than Cork when he came on.
Borja looks quick, skillfull and eager. Needs a Prem Goal to get him going.

Miles better than Sunday.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:52 - Sep 21 with 1618 viewsmacthejack

Better but still plenty of room for improvement. Hoping we go with no Fernandez no Taylor and a front three of Monter Baston and Barrow on Saturday. Maybe give Fulton a bit of game time.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 21 with 1608 viewsDarran

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:44 - Sep 21 by shandyjack

Darren will be along soon don't worry

I haven't got time to argue on the Internet I'm on my way home from watching 'my' team.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 21 with 1599 viewsdameedna

Green shoots there, Fer his usual bouncer on patrol, he stopped their free flowing midfield in in the middle and threatened their pattern. New boys Fulton and VDH played well but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Won the corner count 8 to 2, we need Siggy to take them all with Llorente and Fer in the box. Barrow makes a difference and Routs, Leon and Rangel solid performances.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:55 - Sep 21 with 1546 viewsshandyjack

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 21 by Darran

I haven't got time to argue on the Internet I'm on my way home from watching 'my' team.

ooh eer missus, i'd have been there but i work away during the week

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:59 - Sep 21 with 1493 viewsImAlrightJack

Let's just press the fast-forward button on this season and get it over and done with already.

Still pissed off mightly about the Birthday Card from my work team, that has not helped one bit.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:05 - Sep 21 with 1432 viewsCooperman

So onto Saturday.
Please Guido...

Fab
Naughton
Amat
VDH
Kingsley
Britton
Fer
Siggy
Jeff
Mo
Borja

Fulton on for Leon as soon as he tires, even if h/t
Routs on for a winger if they have a mare
Llorente on bench as back up
Cork benched, sorry captain
Mawson and FF on half time warm ups
Rangel carrying sponges

Go like the fekkin clappers from the first minute
Cross, cross, cross, cross
Get the ball in the box

Oh, and Taylor left back

Left back on his own sofa.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:19 - Sep 21 with 1319 viewsDr_Winston

If Neil Taylor was in front of a firing squad you wouldn't need to offer him a blindfold. He'd just turn his back.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:21 - Sep 21 with 1315 viewsshandyjack

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:19 - Sep 21 by Dr_Winston

If Neil Taylor was in front of a firing squad you wouldn't need to offer him a blindfold. He'd just turn his back.

his defending for both goals waas dreadful, if he fronts up for the first goal it doesn't go in, 2nd goal he pussyfooted into a 50/50 on the edge of the box and it cost us

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:22 - Sep 21 with 1314 viewsAnotherJohn

Fairly routine win for Citeh. We played a lot better than on Sunday, but the worry for me was that we created very little until late on when Barrow had a few runs. There were a couple of chances, but they came from Citeh mistakes. Pity Baston didn't put his shot a yard either side - the height was just right. Apart from the lack of creativity, my other concern is that the defence always seemed to have a mistake in its locker; Taylor in particular didn't look great. Glad Gylfi got that late goal, which could boost confidence.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:23 - Sep 21 with 1298 viewsBrynmill_Jack

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:53 - Sep 21 by dameedna

Green shoots there, Fer his usual bouncer on patrol, he stopped their free flowing midfield in in the middle and threatened their pattern. New boys Fulton and VDH played well but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Won the corner count 8 to 2, we need Siggy to take them all with Llorente and Fer in the box. Barrow makes a difference and Routs, Leon and Rangel solid performances.

It was great play by Routledge to create the overlap for Mo to get to the byeline and cross for Siggy. a very good finish too. Only saw the second half via stream but we looked to be passing the ball far better than of late. Nice to see Borja get some minutes under his belt too.
VDH or Mawson for FF please, looked a lot better at the back tonight.
Fulton and Britton - one of them has to start on Saturday. Ki can go back to guard duty in Korea. I can't see any way of him being ahead of Fulton in the pecking order after tonight.
We were playing an excellent side who showed flashes f their true potential and they'll be better still on Saturday. But I hope we cn at least take confidence from tonight and take it into Saturday's game.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:33 - Sep 21 with 1225 viewsGlyn1

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 21:59 - Sep 21 by ImAlrightJack

Let's just press the fast-forward button on this season and get it over and done with already.

Still pissed off mightly about the Birthday Card from my work team, that has not helped one bit.

Big four oh or even bigger?

You're not supposed to post on this thread without bitching about someone else. It's the rule.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2016 22:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:35 - Sep 21 with 1213 viewsLeonisGod

*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 22:22 - Sep 21 by AnotherJohn

Fairly routine win for Citeh. We played a lot better than on Sunday, but the worry for me was that we created very little until late on when Barrow had a few runs. There were a couple of chances, but they came from Citeh mistakes. Pity Baston didn't put his shot a yard either side - the height was just right. Apart from the lack of creativity, my other concern is that the defence always seemed to have a mistake in its locker; Taylor in particular didn't look great. Glad Gylfi got that late goal, which could boost confidence.

Pretty much agree with that summing up. Although I'd say their defence looked equally prone to mistakes. Shame we couldn't capitalise. It's the start of something to build on, but expect we'll face a sterner test on Sat. We can't play with players like Cork and Naughton in advanced positions though - nothing will ever come from those. That starting formation is for seeing a game out if by some way we can get a lead.
*LEAGUE CUP* The Official Swansea City v Man City EFL Cup Thread on 03:25 - Sep 22 with 951 viewsWanderer

Tried to focus on VDH and Jay Fulton during the match to see if they could bring something to the Saturday team, Fulton has something to offer he is certainly no worse than Cork & Ki at the moment, but will not rip up trees on a Saturday ...yet.
He's got the Horn, whilst has good presence and a reasonable game, the odd lazy ball back to Nordfelt who seems to need a bit more time to kick the ball out (worryingly), also VDH a couple of times just kicking long and giving the ball back cheaply-needs addressing quickly, both of them doing okay but not really forcing it, I'm sure they can and will improve.
Side note did VDH play right back at Ajax as well?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024