Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keef Richards 14:13 - Sep 23 with 4659 viewsMonahoop

I see the crusty old rocker is running BBC 4 this weekend Fri - Sun [ Keith Richards Lost weekend]. There is an assortment of programmes and films no doubt of his choice and with him as subject matter in some of them. For fans or admirers of the 'indestructible Stone' of which I am one, all this, or some of it, could make for interesting viewing. I'm off to find my secret hash stash and chill and observe, Man!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Keef Richards on 14:18 - Sep 23 with 4650 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Picked up his autobiography recently in a charity shop for a quid. Actually really well written and obviously hilarious. I shall certainly tune in.
Keef Richards on 14:19 - Sep 23 with 4642 viewsSimonJames

Excellent. That'll give me an excuse to ignore the inevitable post-Birmingham forum meltdown.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Keef Richards on 15:40 - Sep 23 with 4593 viewsWilloW4

Keef Richards on 14:19 - Sep 23 by SimonJames

Excellent. That'll give me an excuse to ignore the inevitable post-Birmingham forum meltdown.

First thread in a week that's made me want to reply...and it's not a knowitall QPR formation thread.. A great BBC 4 documentary on Keef awhile back and on Netflix..Keef walking around the grand ol' opry.. He touches the stage and says.."nice bit of wood that"..much more down to earth than Mick..looking forward to his choices.. Cue: Chuck Berry. Nice!
Keef Richards on 15:45 - Sep 23 with 4579 viewsDiscodroids

I'll be watching. Just finished Gram Parsons autobio by ben fong torres 'Hickory wind' . Keef was a huge Fan of Parsons.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Keef Richards on 16:03 - Sep 23 with 4560 viewsWilloW4

Keef Richards on 15:45 - Sep 23 by Discodroids

I'll be watching. Just finished Gram Parsons autobio by ben fong torres 'Hickory wind' . Keef was a huge Fan of Parsons.

Gram parsons is underrated mate.. Just remembered the story about Keef walking into his dad's local and dropped some keys on the bar and said.." Hi dad, I've just bought you a house"...his old man finished his pint , folded up his 'sporting life and replied.." No ta son, I'm alright where I am.. Now get yourself off around the world".. Happy to say they were mates for the remainder of mr.richards snr life.. Dartfords finest.
Keef Richards on 16:15 - Sep 23 with 4543 viewsBoston

Fascinating character. Wonder did he follow a football team?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Keef Richards on 16:49 - Sep 23 with 4516 viewsMonahoop

Keef Richards on 16:15 - Sep 23 by Boston

Fascinating character. Wonder did he follow a football team?

I read somewhere and I can't remember where for the life of me now, that Mr Richards had a trial at Brentford back in the very early 60's but blues music was more his thing and quite right too. It was also reputed that the best cannabis he got was at QPR!!?? Now if this is to be believed it would be laughable, but knowing Mr Richards it could be true. Who Knows? Football is not his thing, but if he did follow anyone, he probably can't remember anymore.

Keef Richards on 17:32 - Sep 23 with 4480 viewsElHoop

Keef Richards on 16:49 - Sep 23 by Monahoop

I read somewhere and I can't remember where for the life of me now, that Mr Richards had a trial at Brentford back in the very early 60's but blues music was more his thing and quite right too. It was also reputed that the best cannabis he got was at QPR!!?? Now if this is to be believed it would be laughable, but knowing Mr Richards it could be true. Who Knows? Football is not his thing, but if he did follow anyone, he probably can't remember anymore.

I don't think that he ever played football at any serious level - it was not mentioned in his book and I've never heard him mentioned as being a footballer.

His TV weekend should be fun though thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07wwtj6/broadcasts/upcoming
Login to get fewer ads

Keef Richards on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 4472 viewsted_hendrix

Keef Richards on 14:18 - Sep 23 by Silverfoxqpr

Picked up his autobiography recently in a charity shop for a quid. Actually really well written and obviously hilarious. I shall certainly tune in.

I must have read everything written about the bloke, he absolutely adores and respects Charlie Watts and wont have a bad word said about him.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Keef Richards on 18:10 - Sep 23 with 4447 viewsWilloW4

Keef Richards on 17:38 - Sep 23 by ted_hendrix

I must have read everything written about the bloke, he absolutely adores and respects Charlie Watts and wont have a bad word said about him.

There's a lovely old video of the stones in the states in the mid 70's when the stones are having a blast..Keef is asked.."what keeps it all together?"... Keef replies.."Charlie, yeah, Charlie watts...he's the boss!"...magic!!!
Keef Richards on 02:20 - Sep 24 with 4376 viewsBoston

Brentford...that would be Rod the Mod.

Keef Richards on 02:22 - Sep 24 with 4376 viewsBoston

Brentford...that would be Rod the Mod.

Keef Richards on 06:16 - Sep 24 with 4351 viewsbosh67

Keef Richards on 14:19 - Sep 23 by SimonJames

F*cking JFH

Just getting in early!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Keef Richards on 07:20 - Sep 24 with 4333 viewsmacclesfieldman

Keef Richards on 06:16 - Sep 24 by bosh67

F*cking JFH

Just getting in early!

Absolutely love the Stones, from their early stuff in 62 (their cover of Under The Broadwalk on Rolling Stones 2 is quality all the way through the next 50 yrs). Been lucky enough to see them live twice and they have no equals as a live band.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Keef Richards on 23:31 - Sep 25 with 4234 viewsToast_R

Been watching in dribs and drabs over the weekend. Very good show. What a character.
Loved watching him watching Hancock. Reminds me of my Dad who used to say Hancocks Half Hour was his highlightof his week.
Shame all these great Rock icons are now on the final furlong of their long careers. I almost want to say we better make the most of them now as one by one their going to be leaving us soon.

I dread the day Dylan goes, for me that will be quite a moment when it happens.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 23:32]
Keef Richards on 08:43 - Sep 26 with 4169 viewsMonahoop

Much of my weekend TV viewing and the wife's [a Stones fan] was dedicated to watching this. Another great piece of work by Julien Temple. I particularly liked Origin of the Species, a documentary on Keith's growing up as a child and teenager, the brilliant docu/ film London, The Modern Babylon plus seeing some shows of Spike Milligan's Q series. Keith like myself is obviously a great fan of Spike. My old man was a big fan of his too and I have to say, despite his loathing of rock n roll music he really had a soft spot for the Stones, especially Keith and Charlie. I like to think if he were still around, he would have enjoyed much of what was on show here. Also great snippets of blues and early Stones stuff. Keith is certainly a character [ something badly missing in today's crop of musicians ], no matter what you think of him as a person or a guitarist. To me he is certainly one of the best rythmn guitarists there is. He is also a great survivor. Rock will never be the same without the likes of him around. Riveting stuff!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024