Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonderful humane gesture by the club 07:39 - Nov 1 with 19730 viewsbaz_qpr

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/01/qpr-gives-fleet-of-coaches-to-brin

Whatever your thoughts on the migration issue something to be proud of the club for
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:13 - Nov 3 with 1467 viewsHadders

I am proud of this gesture and most of this thread is heartening, too. Nice to feel so good about our club for a change; looking at WATRB site was a mistake though.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:31 - Nov 3 with 1441 viewsClive_Anderson

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 11:55 - Nov 3 by Doughnut

Not a wonderful gesture in my opinion. Contrary to the screaming lefties on here, who's bottom line is always... 'racist', I don't see France or Italy or Austria or Greece or any of the other European countries, crossed in order to get to Calais/UK, as Hell holes or dangerous zones to be fled from. QPR is a football team...to play football...not advise the Home office!!! I get the feeling from the exuberant opening comments followed by the comments about 'sneering', miserable' etc, that anything contrary to supporting Full-on open immigration is to be shouted down. Well do go ahead...shout me down, but I've supported this team for as long as most and longer than many and this is done Not in my name...to use one of your slogans.

I wouldn't bother mate, there's absolutely zero point in pointing out to the momentum types on here that these are mostly people originally from countries that aren't in a war zone, a lot aren't children at all, France isn't a dangerous country so they aren't actually fleeing anything and that the vast majority are healthy fighting age males from cultures that traditionally don't integrate well in the UK.

Their fingers are in their ears and anyone who doesn't toe their crappy line gets a load of abuse.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:33 - Nov 3 with 1436 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:31 - Nov 3 by Clive_Anderson

I wouldn't bother mate, there's absolutely zero point in pointing out to the momentum types on here that these are mostly people originally from countries that aren't in a war zone, a lot aren't children at all, France isn't a dangerous country so they aren't actually fleeing anything and that the vast majority are healthy fighting age males from cultures that traditionally don't integrate well in the UK.

Their fingers are in their ears and anyone who doesn't toe their crappy line gets a load of abuse.

No abuse, Clive, I just think it's a nice thing to do and would think so even if they were Chelsea fans...well, maybe not Chelsea fans...but you get my point...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:44 - Nov 3 with 1417 viewsClive_Anderson

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:33 - Nov 3 by BrianMcCarthy

No abuse, Clive, I just think it's a nice thing to do and would think so even if they were Chelsea fans...well, maybe not Chelsea fans...but you get my point...

Fair enough Brian, it's just the mock outrage from certain quarters when the sentiment isn't shared that is a bit grating.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:52 - Nov 3 with 1401 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 12:44 - Nov 3 by Clive_Anderson

Fair enough Brian, it's just the mock outrage from certain quarters when the sentiment isn't shared that is a bit grating.

I hear you. My own post yesterday was not mock outrage but a bit excitable by my standards!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024