Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wonderful humane gesture by the club 07:39 - Nov 1 with 19739 viewsbaz_qpr

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/01/qpr-gives-fleet-of-coaches-to-brin

Whatever your thoughts on the migration issue something to be proud of the club for
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 19:58 - Nov 1 with 2653 viewsKonk

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 19:16 - Nov 1 by Gloucs_R

Poorly worded. All, being the highlighted ones... About 20 of them.

Haven't seen the other "kids". I hope they are genuinely in need, but would expect children to be children... As in under 16... Not older. Also, why are so many male?
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 19:17]

In most cases, friends of mine whose parents were economic migrants, the father went ahead, got a job, somewhere to live and was then joined by the wife and kids. Same at my wife's work now where the migrant workers often do the same.

Teenage boys also risk being conscripted or press ganged by ISIS/Taliban. And young girls would be even more vulnerable than boys making that sort of journey and living in those conditions.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:13 - Nov 1 with 2625 viewsGloucs_R

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 19:58 - Nov 1 by Konk

In most cases, friends of mine whose parents were economic migrants, the father went ahead, got a job, somewhere to live and was then joined by the wife and kids. Same at my wife's work now where the migrant workers often do the same.

Teenage boys also risk being conscripted or press ganged by ISIS/Taliban. And young girls would be even more vulnerable than boys making that sort of journey and living in those conditions.

Exactly, economic migrants... Not refugees.

As for people fleeing from Isis, still don't understand why you would leave you're family behind

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:26 - Nov 1 with 2603 viewsKonk

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:13 - Nov 1 by Gloucs_R

As for people fleeing from Isis, still don't understand why you would leave you're family behind

What if your family send you away to keep you from conscription or being killed? What if your family are dead? What if your Dad's been killed and as the oldest son, you migrate to try and make enough money to support your family as the security situation has destroyed the local economy?

Unless you've lived through a war, I'd imagine you have no idea whatsoever whether you'd stay and fight or seek safety and some sort of normal life elsewhere.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:31 - Nov 1 with 2593 viewsisawqpratwcity

Aw, jeez, how is this JFH's fault?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:33 - Nov 1 with 2589 viewsGloucs_R

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:26 - Nov 1 by Konk

What if your family send you away to keep you from conscription or being killed? What if your family are dead? What if your Dad's been killed and as the oldest son, you migrate to try and make enough money to support your family as the security situation has destroyed the local economy?

Unless you've lived through a war, I'd imagine you have no idea whatsoever whether you'd stay and fight or seek safety and some sort of normal life elsewhere.

Not how I've been raised konk. My Grandad signed up for World War II when he was just 15 years old. He got found out and eventually served in Korea instead. My other Grandad served for an Irish unit in World War 2.

I see your point but couldn't comprehend leaving my family unless it was to fight.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:45 - Nov 1 with 2564 viewsdaveB

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:13 - Nov 1 by Gloucs_R

hard to put logic to it though when you are in a war zone, thankfully it's something very few of us have had to go through
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 21:03 - Nov 1 with 2529 viewsGloucs_R

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 20:45 - Nov 1 by daveB

hard to put logic to it though when you are in a war zone, thankfully it's something very few of us have had to go through

Indeed.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 21:41 - Nov 1 with 2457 viewsMaggsinho

How depressing and how utterly predictable that a genuinely wonderful humanitarian gesture by th club should become a target for such a set of sneering, unpleasant comments.
Login to get fewer ads

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 21:57 - Nov 1 with 2423 viewsItalianR

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 10:29 - Nov 1 by paulparker

while the club are in a charitable mood why don't they use the coaches for the old folks for a trip to the seaside or under privileged kids in the area for a day out

Isn't that part of what QPR in the community does?
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:02 - Nov 1 with 2409 viewsGloucs_R

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 21:41 - Nov 1 by Maggsinho

How depressing and how utterly predictable that a genuinely wonderful humanitarian gesture by th club should become a target for such a set of sneering, unpleasant comments.

And not at all a pr stunt to gain favour with khan?

Just saying....

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:13 - Nov 1 with 2384 viewsdaveB

some of the comments on facebook are incredible. Fernandes and the club getting some right stick for basically lending the council a bus
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:36 - Nov 1 with 2335 viewskensalriser

Exactly my feeling. How do people become so negative, cynical and compassionless? What's so wrong with showing some basic humanity?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:42 - Nov 1 with 2326 viewsPunteR

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:02 - Nov 1 by Gloucs_R

And not at all a pr stunt to gain favour with khan?

Just saying....

Even if it is a pr stunt its a very good one.
They didnt have to do anything, but its good that we are seen to be doing something worthwhile even though some dont agree with the politics.
I for one dont have an issue with helping children who are stuck in an awful situation.
Big up QPR.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 23:03 - Nov 1 with 2294 viewsflynnbo

You should read some of the comments on fantasy island-totally shocking. Apologies for referring to that site, Clive, but it does make you wonder about our society.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 23:33 - Nov 1 with 2242 viewsCroydonCaptJack

You should have a look on the thread on watrbs if you really want to depress yourself.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 23:44 - Nov 1 with 2224 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 22:36 - Nov 1 by kensalriser

Exactly my feeling. How do people become so negative, cynical and compassionless? What's so wrong with showing some basic humanity?

Sport, politics and religion. Never mix them together.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 01:04 - Nov 2 with 2183 viewszicoshoops

'Lord Alf Dubbs'..........No, I'm not having that.

Lord Nigel Fotteringay.........that's a proper name for a Lord.

Lord Alf Dubbs... .........fvck right off..........I'm not having that.

Granted.....I've had a drink, but...........

What's going on?

We should be told

Sort it out

Lord Alf Dubbs?................someone's taking the piss here

P.S.
The aristocracy ain't what it used to be.

P.P.S.
Lord Alf Dubbs?.........
................ha, ha, ha,........fvck right off
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 02:39 - Nov 2 with 2154 viewsFredManRave

Won't somebody think of the children...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 04:46 - Nov 2 with 2135 views18StoneOfHoop

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14591708_1257062091019527_71271586

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 07:12 - Nov 2 with 2092 viewslondonscottish

Great gesture by the club.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 07:18 - Nov 2 with 2086 viewsdaveB

another example of QPR doing some good work to help people

http://www.964eagle.co.uk/news/local-news/2139684/special-day-for-yateley-family
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 07:47 - Nov 2 with 2056 viewsBrightonhoop

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 23:03 - Nov 1 by flynnbo

You should read some of the comments on fantasy island-totally shocking. Apologies for referring to that site, Clive, but it does make you wonder about our society.

Well it is a chelscum MB, so to be expected....

I think it's a great gesture by the Club.
Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:07 - Nov 2 with 2033 viewsPommyhoop

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 19:58 - Nov 1 by Konk

Although I'm puzzled by your view that it's somehow more important to get young men/boys out before young women/girls. Especially when ISIS use mass rape as a weapon of terror.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:36 - Nov 2 with 2010 viewsKonk

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:07 - Nov 2 by Pommyhoop

Although I'm puzzled by your view that it's somehow more important to get young men/boys out before young women/girls. Especially when ISIS use mass rape as a weapon of terror.

Various pieces on the news and in the press, where refugees and their families have said that because they couldn't all afford to be transported to Europe, they were sending sons to escape either conscription by Assad and either being pressganged or murdered by ISIS. If I was in their shoes and I had contacts in Europe then I expect I'd look to do the same for my son. The country is largely destroyed, hospitals are being bombed, there's no sign of peace in a completely polarised country and children are growing up surrounded by death - if I could get my son to safety and see him receive an education and have some prospects of leading a settled, happy life, that's what I'd look to do.

I'm sure there are cultural issues too, but I would have thought teenage girls travelling unaccompanied would be far more vulnerable than boys of the same age.

I brought up my experience of economic migrants because the bulk of families won't have the money for the whole family to flee, in which case it strikes me as pretty standard practice for males to go ahead, get established and send for the rest of the family - that was the case with Kids I went to school with.

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 11:11 - Nov 2 with 1896 viewsDeepcutHoop

Wonderful humane gesture by the club on 08:07 - Nov 2 by Pommyhoop

I don't think you've read his post right tbh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024