Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty 21:49 - Nov 22 with 12620 viewsRAFC1907

Wow, what a complete footballing performance from the boys in blue.

From start to finish dominated proceedings, with high energy, high tempo and slick passing football.

The atmosphere from both stands tonight was great, good to finally see a drum in the Pearl, it helped create a better atmosphere, much more singing tonight and I'm sure the players benefit from this. Sandy Lane end in full voice, buzzing to be a Rochdale fan.

Same again when we play Scunny in a few Tuesdays!

UP THE DALE

Poll: Bottomley...

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 7524 viewsrichfoad32

How did RNL play other than his goal? Is he starting to show summat that up until now hasn't really been apparent (except to Hilly)?
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:10 - Nov 22 with 7373 views442Dale

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:00 - Nov 22 by richfoad32

How did RNL play other than his goal? Is he starting to show summat that up until now hasn't really been apparent (except to Hilly)?

Probably his best game for the club, looks far more effective when playing higher up the pitch.

We were excellent, but they were AWFUL. They deserve the capitalisation, because they almost watched us pass it at times in the second half.

McGahey and Tanser did really well too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 7299 viewsolympicdale

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:10 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

Probably his best game for the club, looks far more effective when playing higher up the pitch.

We were excellent, but they were AWFUL. They deserve the capitalisation, because they almost watched us pass it at times in the second half.

McGahey and Tanser did really well too.

McGahey is probably our best centre back, until hopefully Keane signs, and alongside McNulty, it is a solid partnership, having Conrad behind you helps though!

I was watching RNL for 5mins in the first half and he was making some really intelligent runs, shades of Hendo, possibly had some lessons there.

Rathbone looks a good player, great bedding in from Hill, he's not been put in too early, and he is looking good with NML and RNL.

A great game, much deserved scoreline, Walsall were pants. Bury losing in the 93rd minute just ended a magnificent night!!

Life is a game of fate.

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:17 - Nov 22 with 7295 viewsShun

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:00 - Nov 22 by richfoad32

I think the best compliment I can give him right now is that he's fitting in. He certainly isn't looking out of place. Tonight belonged to Ollie Rathbone though. He's been improving lately and tonight was his best performance. I don't think a single patch of grass was left without his footprint on! Joe Thompson was also excellent, I love seeing a player play with a beaming smile on his face and Joe had that tonight. Unsung hero Rafferty is having a really good season and tonight was no exception.

I've seen and heard people occasionally lamenting the strength in depth of this squad, but when we can be comfortably 2-0 up with the injury crisis we've had lately and still bring Ian Henderson and Steven Davies (6 goals in 3!) off the bench then something's going really really right.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:19 - Nov 22 with 7249 viewshowy10

To all the so called Dale fans who missed this magnificent performance.
TOUGH.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:22 - Nov 22 with 7189 viewsBartRowou

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:17 - Nov 22 by Shun

I think the best compliment I can give him right now is that he's fitting in. He certainly isn't looking out of place. Tonight belonged to Ollie Rathbone though. He's been improving lately and tonight was his best performance. I don't think a single patch of grass was left without his footprint on! Joe Thompson was also excellent, I love seeing a player play with a beaming smile on his face and Joe had that tonight. Unsung hero Rafferty is having a really good season and tonight was no exception.

I've seen and heard people occasionally lamenting the strength in depth of this squad, but when we can be comfortably 2-0 up with the injury crisis we've had lately and still bring Ian Henderson and Steven Davies (6 goals in 3!) off the bench then something's going really really right.

Factor in his time on the pitch and Davies' 6 goals have come in just over a game and a half.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:25 - Nov 22 with 7146 viewsWhiteyBFC

Keith is working miracles yet again. On a personal level I'm delighted to see Reubs playing regularly again, further up and scoring goals. I so want Dale, Sheff Utd and Bradford promoted. Much easier games to travel to and good games too, games that mean something. So long as we stay up of course.

Keep on keeping on. I cheer your goals badly these days as I'm not allowed to at our games anymore.

Up the Dale.

PS- Shame about Bury. Still think Flicker was hard done by there.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:26 - Nov 22 with 7115 viewsSuddenLad

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:17 - Nov 22 by Shun

Raff was a bit wasteful tonight with some of his crossing and passing. Slightly off the boil compared to his performances of late. I thought McGahey was excellent tonight, certainly the best game I have seen him play, NML mesmerised the Walsall defenders, RNL was a revelation, but Ollie Rathbone was outstanding. Fully deserved his MOM award.

Steven Davies. 4 goals in two games, coming off the bench. He must be a nightmare to defend against. He is an intelligent striker, deadly in front of goal and plays with a smile. Great to watch. A perfect team performance tonight. Keith Hill must be a very happy man.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:30 - Nov 22 with 7047 viewsDaleiLama

What a run of home form!

[Post edited 22 Nov 2016 22:32]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:33 - Nov 22 with 7007 views_dezzy

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:19 - Nov 22 by howy10

To all the so called Dale fans who missed this magnificent performance.
TOUGH.

Does that include us who had to work

KHBA

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:35 - Nov 22 with 6970 viewsSuddenLad

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:33 - Nov 22 by _dezzy

I think he meant the 'voluntary stay-aways'. They are missing some excellent football and the loss is theirs.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:40 - Nov 22 with 6879 viewsDaley_Lama

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:33 - Nov 22 by _dezzy

Yep.

You need to go back to doleydale and stop grafting, you idiot.

Poll: DF in or out

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:43 - Nov 22 with 6845 viewsR17ALE

What a thoroughly Rolls Royce of a win that was.

Admittedly, Walsall turned up looking like they hadn't been briefed about how to play us. I doubt they'd even scouted us against Swindon as this was a carbon copy of that match. If they had scouted us then their scout must have been that bloke I saw in the car park on Saturday wearing dark glasses walking a Labrador.

We say it so often, that Hill teams turn up organised and with a plan. And if the players turn up and execute the plan, we win. Rathbone must be buzzing tonight having turned in such a measured performance. It's got to beat playing for Man Utd's juniors.

Special mention to Thompson again. He gave a lung busting performance coupled with some skill and brawn. If he carries on this form he'll silence the bitters. Hell fire, he might yet be called Tommo! Or, God forbid, inherit the Jonny Bowden song! Deservedly in my book.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:04 - Nov 22 with 6664 viewsanotherbiffo

Have to say, kudos for the fantastic run you're putting together!

There is no sense of rivalry simply because you're miles ahead of us, both on and off the pitch. Is this the year for you lot?
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:12 - Nov 22 with 6606 viewsDaley_Lama

Just enjoying the moment myself, a slump could be just around the corner.

Heard your last gasp equaliser on the wireless in the car it was that late, decent point, we never get anything there

Poll: DF in or out

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:23 - Nov 22 with 6527 viewsanotherbiffo

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:12 - Nov 22 by Daley_Lama

Heard your last gasp equaliser on the wireless in the car it was that late, decent point, we never get anything there

Enjoy the moment, for sure, but I've a feeling "in me water" that you'll make top 6.

As to our game, didn't go, but we absolutely battered them (apparently) for 75 minutes and had one disallowed before they pegged back against the run of play. But yes, a deserved equaliser and a good point in anyone's book on a Tuesday night at Vale.

We are playing well but just not getting the rub. Not TOO worried about our position at the moment...
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:26 - Nov 22 with 6500 viewsboromat

Unbelievable performance again against a similar style of side to Swindon. Just seem to be in the groove at the moment. Long may it continue! And with a lot of players still missing or still to come back into the starting team things look great. The attendances over the last two games are a worry for the club.

It'd be great to put a bit of pressure on those top four and make them sweat for the rest of the season but points wise we're as close to Scunny as we are to the Biffos as always a crazy league.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:39 - Nov 22 with 6415 viewsBendy

I'm now struggling to actually work out what Dale's theoretical best team is if we had no players injured or suspended. There's probably two or three of tonight's better performers who would struggle to even get a spot on the bench I think

But this is a great thing for the club that we are not dependant solely on two or three key players anymore. It keeps the players on their toes and hungry else they won't play. And even better it is a nightmare for opponents as they wouldn't have a clue as to what we would put out in any game. I know we are still a fair time off this scenario (even discounting Vincenti being very long term) but wow.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:52 - Nov 22 with 6336 viewsdingdangblue

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:39 - Nov 22 by Bendy

I'm now struggling to actually work out what Dale's theoretical best team is if we had no players injured or suspended. There's probably two or three of tonight's better performers who would struggle to even get a spot on the bench I think

But this is a great thing for the club that we are not dependant solely on two or three key players anymore. It keeps the players on their toes and hungry else they won't play. And even better it is a nightmare for opponents as they wouldn't have a clue as to what we would put out in any game. I know we are still a fair time off this scenario (even discounting Vincenti being very long term) but wow.

Agreed, after coming on and doing really well against Swindon - I expected both Davies and Hendo to start tonight - but fair play to Hill - he knows his players better than any of us. We are just so brilliant to watch at the minute whoever plays it seems! Massive dilemma when everyone is fit in the new year but a great one all the same. Need to start winning a few away now and it'll be dreamland.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:56 - Nov 22 with 6307 viewsSandyman

That was a very very enjoyable game to watch. Thank you and well done Keith Hill, players and staff.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 00:09 - Nov 23 with 6247 viewsYadHoDale

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:39 - Nov 22 by Bendy

Here's an eleven made up of players who didn't get on the pitch tonight:

Lillis

Cannon
Keane
Canavan
Bunney

Allen
Morley

Vincenti
Gillam
McDermott

Andrew

Not too shabby a team, by any means.

Subs: Diba, Hollins, BBM, Hooper, Stewart, Kuemo, Flitcroft :-)
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 00:36 - Nov 23 with 6169 viewsjokerthief

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 23:12 - Nov 22 by Daley_Lama

Wireless ...love it ... I still say that, and people laugh at me...
We must be the same age....
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 00:54 - Nov 23 with 6121 viewslove_the_dale

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 00:36 - Nov 23 by jokerthief

Wireless ...love it ... I still say that, and people laugh at me...
We must be the same age....

You have to listen to Oldham Community Radio (96. something - sorry, forgotten exactly what - it's an age thing, as you know!) Afternoons - not sure if just one or all ( (Sorry, etc.). "The Wireless Programme". Absolutely brilliant - folks of our age, super Oldham accents and tunes that are even older than us, well me :)
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 01:18 - Nov 23 with 6081 viewsDiddyDave

One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 22:30 - Nov 22 by DaleiLama

What a run of home form!

[Post edited 22 Nov 2016 22:32]

You wouldn`t think Dale had gone nine games,winning every one,by the dismal crowds they`re getting,just over 5,000 for the three in the last week,hardly enough to sustain a team in the National League North,never mind Championship One. That Chris Dunphy must be a magician to keep the club above water,ably assisted of course by a certain K.Hill,but it makes you wonder.
One of most enjoyble nights at Spotty on 06:38 - Nov 23 with 5920 viewsSandyman

Morning reading...

https://upthesaddlers.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=50262

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/walsall-fc/2016/11/22/jon-whitney-embarrasse

http://www.saddlers.co.uk/fixtures-results/match-report/?matchid=3925972&tcmuri=
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024