Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader 13:03 - Nov 28 with 29603 viewsJacksDad

Photo in the Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/28/paul-nuttall-elected-as-ukip-le Penfold? Even the clothes? On Purpose? Will labour elect DangerMouse? DM for PM .... stranger things have happened..........

Excuse me I seem to be having a breakdown!
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:13 - Nov 29 with 2116 viewsstumbleandfall

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:05 - Nov 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I personally would like to see a ban on anyone insinuating or calling someone a racist on here.

That's exactly want the racists want. You can't ban challenging racists. If you see it, challenge it, expose it. Don't let them get away with it.

Very slippery slope.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:15 - Nov 29 with 2121 viewsKonk

I personally would like to see a ban on anyone insinuating or calling someone a racist on here.

Not suggesting for one moment that any posters on this board are racist, but isn't it Political correctness gone mad when you can't even call a racist a racist anymore in case you hurt their feelings?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:20 - Nov 29 with 2095 views2Thomas2Bowles

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:13 - Nov 29 by stumbleandfall

That's exactly want the racists want. You can't ban challenging racists. If you see it, challenge it, expose it. Don't let them get away with it.

Very slippery slope.

Agree to a point but it's just inflammatory keyboard cock waving. go on a political forum and do it if you must.

I'm sure clive can ban or delete posts that are.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:37 - Nov 29 with 2045 viewsNorthernr

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:38 - Nov 29 with 2041 viewspastieR

I was one of those Lib Dems in your area on Sunday.
And also campaigned against the TTIP so understand your concerns.
I choose to leaflet as i'm don't feel I have enough information to do the door knocking.
However the guys who knock are only volunteers who aren't experts either, they're just sent out to try persuade people to get out and vote on Thursday for something they believe in.
I think it can be only seen as a positive that after all these apathy, there is a real interest in politics again, whatever your leaning.

I guess you're pro-Brexit, with your views on TTIP, my only counter would be that whatever your view on the Lib Dems (I see them as the far from perfect),that they are surely the best option, given the alternative of a right wing Tory party free to do as they want

Norman Lamb
http://www.normanlamb.org.uk/ttip

Independent
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/justin-trudeau-brussells-eu-ceta-ttip-toxic-
Fox enthusiastically cheered on the Leave campaign, buoyed by the “rhetoric of taking back control.” Yet even as he prepares to leave the EU, he is still using the British vote, without parliamentary approval, to back toxic trade deals like CETA. Fox hopes to get CETA onto the books before we leave, in the hope that it stays there after exit. He has far more in common with the leaders of the EU than he might like to admit.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:46 - Nov 29 with 2025 viewspastieR

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:59 - Nov 28 by BlackCrowe

We've got Richmond Park by election on Thursday and for the first time in my life i might not vote (unless i decide to go monster raving loony).

Up until this year.Goldsmith has been a decent mp for his constituents it seems to me. But c.73% of constituents voted remain and he was a big champion of brexit, so how can you vote for him to represent you. And he ran a flipping dsigraceful campaign for London mayor.

And he majors (as do LIbdems) on 3rd runway when some people are for it, some against, but the vast majority (gut feel only) are ambivalent at best.

Lib dems are going hard for victory and may just do it though god help us all after last time they were in power here, and Labour barely seem to be trying (daily leaflets and door knocking from Cons and LibDems, not a squeak from Labour).

I was one of the Lib Dems on Sunday probably filling your letter box with the millionth flyer.
But ask you to reconsider your decision not to vote.

Our candidate is far from perfect (i would have chosen Vince myself, he was an excellent MP when I was growing up), but the alternative of Zack Goldsmith and a weak opposition to the Torys will do no one any favours.
Do you really want an uncontested Fox et al deciding your future, I don't
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:47 - Nov 29 with 2022 viewsGloucs_R

Why is it that anything right wing is labelled as racist / xenophobic / etc but the left wing are rarely referred to as Stalin loving communists?

and by the way I think Corbyn is just as mad as Nuttall
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 12:49]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:57 - Nov 29 with 1998 viewspastieR

I never thought I would join the political party, but as a recent Lib Dem convert.
I made the trip too, I thought it was relatively well put together campaign, if we didn't annoy too many people with our enthusiasm.

I would urge anyone who has a vote to think about choosing the Lib Dems.
I know they are far from perfect, but surely they're better than the alternative!
Login to get fewer ads

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:07 - Nov 29 with 1967 viewsHunterhoop

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:38 - Nov 29 by pastieR

I choose to leaflet as i'm don't feel I have enough information to do the door knocking.
However the guys who knock are only volunteers who aren't experts either, they're just sent out to try persuade people to get out and vote on Thursday for something they believe in.
I think it can be only seen as a positive that after all these apathy, there is a real interest in politics again, whatever your leaning.

I guess you're pro-Brexit, with your views on TTIP, my only counter would be that whatever your view on the Lib Dems (I see them as the far from perfect),that they are surely the best option, given the alternative of a right wing Tory party free to do as they want

Norman Lamb

Independent
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/justin-trudeau-brussells-eu-ceta-ttip-toxic-
Fox enthusiastically cheered on the Leave campaign, buoyed by the “rhetoric of taking back control.” Yet even as he prepares to leave the EU, he is still using the British vote, without parliamentary approval, to back toxic trade deals like CETA. Fox hopes to get CETA onto the books before we leave, in the hope that it stays there after exit. He has far more in common with the leaders of the EU than he might like to admit.

Good post.

What some fail to appreciate is that you can be a "liberal" in it's true, historical definition AND believe in globalisation BUT want certain protection for local workers' rights, oppose TTIP (and CETA), because it doesn't do enough of that, and support the principle of a free to use NHS. It's a balance.

Everyone argues as if there is no grey, as if issues aren't complicated, as if there should never be compromise. Of course there should. There has to be to look after the majority in society. Everyone can't win all the time.

Of all the major parties, the Lib Dems, in my view, are comfortably the most balanced and fair in their approach, although I'd much rather Lamb was leader than Farron. That was completely the wrong result for the country and the Lib Dems.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:10 - Nov 29 with 1962 views2Thomas2Bowles

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:37 - Nov 29 by Northernr

Not sure what you mean by that.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:25 - Nov 29 with 1919 viewsBasingstokeR

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:10 - Nov 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not sure what you mean by that.

It means 'ROFL'

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/r/rofl.htm

<insert non-patronisation smiley>
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 13:26]
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 1909 viewsR_from_afar

Paul Nuttall? A climate change denier* . For that reason, without going into any other matters, I'm out.

Meanwhile, temperatures are 20C above normal in the Arctic and huge swathes of the Great Barrier Reef have become a marine desert. This could devastate global fish stocks. You know, fish, that stuff we eat.

It's turned out nice again.

RFA

*Not sure if he's believes, like Trump, that it's a Chinese hoax.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:29 - Nov 29 with 1909 viewsTacticalR

My view of the Lib Dems from a few years ago (in reply to science fiction author China Miéville's Letter to a progressive Liberal Democrat):

An Open Letter to the Lib Dems
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/54913

Air hostess clique

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:37 - Nov 29 with 1888 viewsBlackCrowe

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:46 - Nov 29 by pastieR

I was one of the Lib Dems on Sunday probably filling your letter box with the millionth flyer.
But ask you to reconsider your decision not to vote.

Our candidate is far from perfect (i would have chosen Vince myself, he was an excellent MP when I was growing up), but the alternative of Zack Goldsmith and a weak opposition to the Torys will do no one any favours.
Do you really want an uncontested Fox et al deciding your future, I don't

fair play pastie. As it nears, i'll almost certainly vote.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:49 - Nov 29 with 1853 viewsrunningman75

I am considering joining the lib dems what is needed currently is sensible politics. Tories surging ahead on more right wing policies including wanting to increase censorship of the internet.
We need sensible politics and a sensible look of resources. Young lib dems were advocating legislation of cannabis which as it fills the air everywhere I walk in London seems sensible. Set up coffee shop licenced premised and tax it as prohibition does not work and is a waste of police resources.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:49 - Nov 29 with 1853 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 10:03 - Nov 29 by NW5Hoop

No, the coup had nothing to do with millions of Turks coming here. There were no plans, anywhere in the EU, to give Turkey full membership. As Boris Johnson admitted.

I didnt say full membership , visa free travel for millions throughout Chengen . A statement of intent though ... IMO

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 13:50]
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:53 - Nov 29 with 1836 viewsEsox_Lucius

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:47 - Nov 29 by Gloucs_R

Why is it that anything right wing is labelled as racist / xenophobic / etc but the left wing are rarely referred to as Stalin loving communists?

and by the way I think Corbyn is just as mad as Nuttall
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 12:49]

You just did. :-)

The grass is always greener.

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:54 - Nov 29 with 1829 viewsdanehoop

But we are not in Schengen, nor did we have any interest in joining it.

Never knowingly understood

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:02 - Nov 29 with 1810 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 13:54 - Nov 29 by danehoop

But we are not in Schengen, nor did we have any interest in joining it.

The thin end of a long game wedge ...

In addition , and this is only my opinion a vote to remain would have been taken by the EU as a ringing endorsement for their plans for integration " You had the chance to opt out and didnt take it" .. .

We didnt have any interest in joining while we had a referendum on the way .
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 14:06]
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:06 - Nov 29 with 1804 viewsQPR_John

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:02 - Nov 29 by essextaxiboy

The thin end of a long game wedge ...

In addition , and this is only my opinion a vote to remain would have been taken by the EU as a ringing endorsement for their plans for integration " You had the chance to opt out and didnt take it" .. .

We didnt have any interest in joining while we had a referendum on the way .
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 14:06]

Could not agree more. This has really not been discussed much but if parliament really do eventually nullify the vote and we do stay nothing will be the same. Hello Euro at the very least
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:13 - Nov 29 with 1763 views1BobbyHazell

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 12:38 - Nov 29 by pastieR

Norman Lamb

Independent

I'm assuming this was for me Pastie.

Firstly I agree with you about people getting involved and wanting to do something that they feel will improve their community/society.

Although I had plenty to say to the campaigner I made it quite clear that I very much respected his getting out on the streets and doing something and I was sure that we both shared a lot of values and concerns on many subjects.

Given your understanding of TTIP and CETA I think you would have been a far better campaigner to have spoken to people door-to-door who may have been opposing the Liberal candidate on brexit given that Sarah's campaign is pretty much based on that issue. My favourite leaflet being the one that was in purple UKIP colours with a picture of Nigel Farage asking guess who he is supporting in the by-election? Zac Goldsmith was the revealed answer upon opening!

Your quote from Norman Lamb is exactly what I have been putting on here in a few threads recently about the farcical nature of Tory cabinet members who pretend to be pro brexit but are in fact, as Mr lamb eloquently points out, quickly and quietly pushing through the most centralist of EU agendas.

So how do you marry your TTIP/CETA understanding with the rabid Remain aspect of the Lib Dem campaign?

Hunter, thanks for your reply, I haven't got time to get back to you until later this evening but I definitely will.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:15 - Nov 29 with 1752 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:06 - Nov 29 by QPR_John

Could not agree more. This has really not been discussed much but if parliament really do eventually nullify the vote and we do stay nothing will be the same. Hello Euro at the very least

A lot of remain voters .. IMO, thought they were voting for "no change" .

The reason EU leaders want us to push on with Article 50 is because they wont push on with their agenda while there are attempts to ignore the result . Which after other referenda elsewhere is what they expect to happen .

They need to decide on the colour of the army uniform .....

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:17 - Nov 29 with 1747 viewsLythamR

5 pages and the only thing i can agree with, with any certainty is that "The Subterranean Railway" is indeed an exceptional book for anyone interested in the history of the London Underground.
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:20 - Nov 29 with 1733 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:06 - Nov 29 by QPR_John

They wont nullify the result... apart from the complete snub to democracy ( how could we ever tell our kids how important it is to vote again)

Nuttall , the subject of this thread would hold the balance of power at the very least after the 2020 election, they got 4 mill votes last time , 17 mill will have been ignored . There would be a massive protest vote .

His price for a coalition ? you guessed it .. another referendum and a quick exit if it goes the same way .

This wont go away now ........... IMO
[Post edited 29 Nov 2016 14:24]
Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:23 - Nov 29 with 1729 viewsessextaxiboy

Paul Nuttall new UKIP leader on 14:17 - Nov 29 by LythamR

5 pages and the only thing i can agree with, with any certainty is that "The Subterranean Railway" is indeed an exceptional book for anyone interested in the history of the London Underground.

It needs the odd side track otherwise it can get a bit OTT .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024