Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talk sport and Les 13:54 - Dec 28 with 33319 viewsmacclesfieldman

talk sport discussing QPR this morning and wanted to talk to LF but Les said he was too poorly with a flu to take a telephone call. Bless.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

talk sport and Les on 23:35 - Dec 29 with 2527 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Time for a gif folks...

talk sport and Les on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 2526 viewsowza

Haha unbelievable. This is why I don't go on this site no more.
talk sport and Les on 23:37 - Dec 29 with 2519 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 23:35 - Dec 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Time for a gif folks...

Nah try this

Bullshite Harvey
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 23:38]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

talk sport and Les on 23:39 - Dec 29 with 2507 viewsPunteR

talk sport and Les on 23:35 - Dec 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What do you want, The Independent doing an undercover recording.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 23:35]

I want a dog with a sign saying "hello dave , Ferdinand is the puppet master" with todays date on it..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

talk sport and Les on 23:39 - Dec 29 with 2501 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 23:39 - Dec 29 by PunteR

I want a dog with a sign saying "hello dave , Ferdinand is the puppet master" with todays date on it..

talk sport and Les on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 2485 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

talk sport and Les on 23:39 - Dec 29 by PunteR

Hahaha!
talk sport and Les on 23:42 - Dec 29 with 2485 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 23:24 - Dec 29 by owza

Pipe down dave just because I set the record straight on the whole thing. Straight from the horses mouth and your still questioning it. Les is the puppet master of this football club.

never ceases to amaze me how our own fans are so eager to cause problems at the club and seem to rejoice in finding something new to get angry about. So Ferdinand is the new scapegoat and everything will be wonderful when he's gone. We can then go back to moaning about Fernandes being naive and needing a football man to advise him

Of Course Warnock won't have wanted to work under a DOF, we all know why that is but if he had wanted the managers job last season when it became available he'd have got it, him blaming Ferdinand for it now is pathetic but hopefully he can return again to us and be our saviour before we hound him out again like many fans did last time and continue to pretend never happened.
talk sport and Les on 23:44 - Dec 29 with 2471 viewsBrianMcCarthy

talk sport and Les on 23:36 - Dec 29 by owza

And yet here you are, on this site.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

talk sport and Les on 23:47 - Dec 29 with 2460 viewsPunteR

talk sport and Les on 23:36 - Dec 29 by owza

Whys that?

talk sport and Les on 23:50 - Dec 29 with 2450 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 23:42 - Dec 29 by daveB

never ceases to amaze me how our own fans are so eager to cause problems at the club and seem to rejoice in finding something new to get angry about. So Ferdinand is the new scapegoat and everything will be wonderful when he's gone. We can then go back to moaning about Fernandes being naive and needing a football man to advise him

Of Course Warnock won't have wanted to work under a DOF, we all know why that is but if he had wanted the managers job last season when it became available he'd have got it, him blaming Ferdinand for it now is pathetic but hopefully he can return again to us and be our saviour before we hound him out again like many fans did last time and continue to pretend never happened.

I love Ollie but I'm not blinded by him or would I bet my last shilling on him.

I think you should not be doing that with LF.
He is not the messiah.

talk sport and Les on 23:53 - Dec 29 with 2441 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 23:50 - Dec 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I love Ollie but I'm not blinded by him or would I bet my last shilling on him.

I think you should not be doing that with LF.
He is not the messiah.

I never said he was the messiah
talk sport and Les on 23:54 - Dec 29 with 2434 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

FML, everyone trying to apportion blame to him and and him and him over there... Whether you like it or not, we haven't had a proper manager since Redknapp.

Fernandes is the one who says yes or no, but only on the advisement of those who have his ear.

Beware the Ides of March.
talk sport and Les on 23:57 - Dec 29 with 2430 views2Thomas2Bowles

talk sport and Les on 23:53 - Dec 29 by daveB

I never said he was the messiah

Well stop this hero worship and accept others may have another view.]

Apart from BostonR and thame_hoops
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 0:04]

talk sport and Les on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 2395 viewsisawqpratwcity

Warnock was openly angling for Les' job.

It would be entirely reasonable for Warnock to have a jaundiced view of the episode but that doesn't make it the truth.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

talk sport and Les on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 2396 viewsQPR_Jim

talk sport and Les on 23:24 - Dec 29 by owza

Pipe down dave just because I set the record straight on the whole thing. Straight from the horses mouth and your still questioning it. Les is the puppet master of this football club.

Just to clarify it was an ego issue. It had nothing to do with him not wanting to work with a DoF and the club wanting a DoF to protect them from managers signing the likes of SWP, Barton, A.Ferdinand, Young and Puncheon for a shittonne of money with little in return?

Just Les having an ego?
talk sport and Les on 01:27 - Dec 30 with 2326 viewsPunteR

Ive been thinking about qprewans post. There maybe an element of truth in there somewhere.. but what is his post achieving?
I agree on everything he says on this thread
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/141589/so-whos-up-
I just dont get the regurgitating of an issue that serves no purpose other than to disrupt the rebuilding process which qprewan happily agreed to go along with in the first place.
We havnt been on a downwards spiral since Ferdinand rocked up but its since Fernandes turned up. I honestly cant understand why its so hard for people to understand that.
I'm also amazed at how so many fans dont want Ferdinand working for QPR ,a QPR legend ,who spent the best part of his career here and has always had good things to say about the club but would take the word of the Cardiff Manager who was here 2 years and is the master bullshitter over Ferdinand who is visibly doing what most fans wanted while working under a useless chairman.
Its not working now, of course its not working now because the goalposts keep getting moved by the owners.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 1:31]

talk sport and Les on 01:32 - Dec 30 with 2312 viewsFredManRave

I've already made my sensible, articulate and correct post in this thread so I'm going to revert to type and just say what I great thread this is. Made the journey home all the more enjoyable this evening as it's now gone full circle. The thread, not my journey, thankfully.

I'd just like to add that personally I've got nothing against Lesbian Birdinhand.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 1:34]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

talk sport and Les on 03:03 - Dec 30 with 2273 viewsNeil_SI

If this helps, though I'm sure it won't, but I would love a little go at League One. I don't think it will happen, but embrace it with open arms if it does. We'd have a cracking little team down there and have a lot of fun at the same time.

For what it's worth, Les Ferdinand's spell at the club has been well needed. Unfortunately for QPR, and for us, we're putting some very good and decent men in the firing line to clean up a helluva lot of shit caused by other people. Be grateful these men, QPR legends, who care about the club, are willing to put their heads on the chopping block to make QPR a better place in the future.

They are doing this because they love and care about QPR and they're still having to deal with clueless people above them at the same time. It must be frustrating for them, but someone's got to look out for our best interests at heart, and I'm bloody glad we have them here. It's a horrible job and, at times, a horrible club to work for.

I tip my hat to them. They have my full support. League One, Championship or Premier League.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 3:04]
talk sport and Les on 03:22 - Dec 30 with 2260 viewsDannyPaddox

talk sport and Les on 23:08 - Dec 29 by owza

Funnily enough I know the guy too aswell as Ewan. This photo was taken today at the metropol hotel in Brighton where we all live and where Cardiff are staying. Everything he's said is true. He said he would have stayed on if it weren't for Les as he forced him out of the club and that he told Fernandes he'd happily come back if it weren't for Les being at the club. He also said the year we went up was the greatest year as a football manager and that he will always loves QPR. To be fair all of what I've just said is common sense to most QPR fans I should think and we already know but just don't go accusing Ewan of lying, and get it inside your heads that ever since Les has been at this football club we have been on a downward spiral. Fact.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 23:16]

Great thread but what does Gary Bushell circa 1979 and Michael Douglas fresh off the set of Liberace the Movie have to do with any of this?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 3:26]
talk sport and Les on 03:29 - Dec 30 with 2251 viewsisawqpratwcity

talk sport and Les on 03:03 - Dec 30 by Neil_SI

If this helps, though I'm sure it won't, but I would love a little go at League One. I don't think it will happen, but embrace it with open arms if it does. We'd have a cracking little team down there and have a lot of fun at the same time.

For what it's worth, Les Ferdinand's spell at the club has been well needed. Unfortunately for QPR, and for us, we're putting some very good and decent men in the firing line to clean up a helluva lot of shit caused by other people. Be grateful these men, QPR legends, who care about the club, are willing to put their heads on the chopping block to make QPR a better place in the future.

They are doing this because they love and care about QPR and they're still having to deal with clueless people above them at the same time. It must be frustrating for them, but someone's got to look out for our best interests at heart, and I'm bloody glad we have them here. It's a horrible job and, at times, a horrible club to work for.

I tip my hat to them. They have my full support. League One, Championship or Premier League.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 3:04]

Thanks, Neil, but I'd prefer to wait to have League One football forced upon us. I'm in no rush to embrace it. Bloody hell, we manage to stuff up everything else, why not third tier football, too?

You are 100% on the bloody marvellous job these blokes are doing trying to get the club back onto a firm foundation. We are basically under self-imposed administration.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

talk sport and Les on 03:32 - Dec 30 with 2221 viewsowza

talk sport and Les on 23:42 - Dec 29 by daveB

What fans hounded him out? You mean Les Ferdinand did. Every fan I knew was up for Warnock till the end of the season at least. That month when Warnock was in charge last year was the only month when i thought our defence had some sort of togetherness and unity to it. Remember he restored Clint Hill to the team and we kept a few clean sheets against Leeds and Reading. He's done a similar thing now with a Cardiff team who were conceding bucket load of goals by bringing in Sol Bamba and they look like they could kick on now and most probably stay up. End of the day Les joined in February 2015 I believe and we've sunk since, the majority of the signings since his tenure have been dreadful IMO bar a few like Hall and Smithies (and no I'm not going to say Chery the guys vastly overrated). Never was a fan of DOF, look at Joe Kinnear when he went back to Newcastle and Sven Gordan Eriksson, it was a shambles. We're going to be next on the list.
talk sport and Les on 04:03 - Dec 30 with 2210 viewsNeil_SI

talk sport and Les on 03:32 - Dec 30 by owza

What fans hounded him out? You mean Les Ferdinand did. Every fan I knew was up for Warnock till the end of the season at least. That month when Warnock was in charge last year was the only month when i thought our defence had some sort of togetherness and unity to it. Remember he restored Clint Hill to the team and we kept a few clean sheets against Leeds and Reading. He's done a similar thing now with a Cardiff team who were conceding bucket load of goals by bringing in Sol Bamba and they look like they could kick on now and most probably stay up. End of the day Les joined in February 2015 I believe and we've sunk since, the majority of the signings since his tenure have been dreadful IMO bar a few like Hall and Smithies (and no I'm not going to say Chery the guys vastly overrated). Never was a fan of DOF, look at Joe Kinnear when he went back to Newcastle and Sven Gordan Eriksson, it was a shambles. We're going to be next on the list.

These things go on all the time at football clubs, it's fairly common. But Warnock had been making a lot of noise about wanting to be a Director of Football, so he probably wanted Ferdinand's role, and if successful, would have brought in his own men (or "friends" as they're now known in the world of QPR).

But you know what, if Ferdinand really did "hound" Warnock out, then he's proven himself a very capable Director of Football already. That would bode well for his future and tell you something about the man, because think about this for a minute...

This is Les Ferdinand, the so-called novice, with no credentials for the role, but is able to convince Tony Fernandes, who listens to everybody and has already fired Warnock once, that a manager with over 1,000 games behind him (impressive), who previously got QPR promoted to the Premier League, was not worthy of the role. That he won this, is actually pleasing and impressive. That makes me stand up and take notice that he means business and has clout.

Warnock can't be bitter at being "hounded" out over a four-game temporary stint. He was angling for something better for himself, for sure, because he knows how to play the game. But if anything, he should be more mad at being hounded out by Tony Fernandes the first-time around, shouldn't he?

For what it's worth, I'm a fan of Warnock, but I thought the football under him in that four-game second spell was way worse than under Ramsey, JFH or Holloway. My word, we played 4-6-0 in one match and barely registered any shots or created any chances. We scored and conceded loads under Ramsey (the highest scorers in the league at the time) and then went the other way under Warnock, which was deliberate on Warnock's part as it was about ensuring he got some points on the board to build his case. That's how these things usually work. The football was drek though, I can tell you that. Maybe he'd have got past that had he actually got the job, but Ferdinand or no Ferdinand, Fernandes would have removed him at some untimely point later down the line anyway.

The key point to all of this is the club lacked a coherent vision. It has a much better one now under Ferdinand's role than it has done for many, many years. Some people fit that vision, some don't, and that means some people who you think are good, and who are good, still may not fit that vision, and that's what's likely happened here. As I said at the start, fairly common, and in all walks of life actually.

Strong leadership needs to know when and how to stay on the path and not veer off course. For years we've been like a leaderless, rudderless ship and I feel less that way now with Ferdinand around than I have done in years. Is he perfect? No. Has he made mistakes. Yes. But that's the same for everybody in any role, and he's done a lot of excellent work that has made a difference, and that could make a much bigger difference over time.

My hope is he sticks around for as long as he can, so that the good work cannot be undone so easily by people who don't actually know what they're doing, or who don't have the clubs best interest at heart.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 4:10]
talk sport and Les on 05:23 - Dec 30 with 2184 viewsloftinoz

talk sport and Les on 23:54 - Dec 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

FML, everyone trying to apportion blame to him and and him and him over there... Whether you like it or not, we haven't had a proper manager since Redknapp.

Fernandes is the one who says yes or no, but only on the advisement of those who have his ear.

Beware the Ides of March.

advisement....beautiful.
talk sport and Les on 07:40 - Dec 30 with 2119 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 23:57 - Dec 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well stop this hero worship and accept others may have another view.]

Apart from BostonR and thame_hoops
[Post edited 30 Dec 2016 0:04]

Sorry but it's not hero worship, whether it was Les Ferdinand doing this job or Dennis Wise i think what he took over was a sorry mess and he's done pretty well with what is an almost impossible job.

I'm not stupid, I know things are not good at the moment we are in a mess and Ferdinand needs a good January to help turn this around in the short term and get people back onside but as I've said before the problems at QPR pre date him, he's the one trying to do the right things and fix them and I can't get my head around why he's the one being attacked with online petitions and so many lies written about him. We are in an age though when bullshit does baffle brains and if you tell the same lie often enough people will believe it. Ferdinand was getting abuse on facebook the other day for selling Doughty when he hasn't sold him at all but that didn't seem to matter. It doesn't matter that I loved him as a player, if this was Dennis Wise in the role no matter how much I hate the fella, some of the lies passed off as fact about his role are getting beyond a joke.

I've no problem with people having a different opinion, I agree Ramsey didn't work out, Steve Gallen shouldn't have been let go and some of the signings have been poor but I don't think there is a single person in the world who has never made a mistake in their job.

My problem is with the things said about Ferdinand which are blatantly untrue and passed off as fact. The fact he is one of our own should have bought him a bit more support but thats not the way we do things anymore. Whether it is club legends like Ferdinand, Bircham and Holloway or outsiders like Hasselbaink and Ramsey or players like Gladwin we have a section of our support base who will attack them from day one and constantly want change.

It's moved from Hasselbaink and it's now Ferdinand has to go and everything will be great, once he's gone it will be someone else. I don't understand that kind of thinking and think we'd be a lot better off if we just supported the team and got on with it but I'm in the minority with that view
talk sport and Les on 07:44 - Dec 30 with 2118 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 03:32 - Dec 30 by owza

I meant he was hounded out the first time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024