Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
talk sport and Les 13:54 - Dec 28 with 33320 viewsmacclesfieldman

talk sport discussing QPR this morning and wanted to talk to LF but Les said he was too poorly with a flu to take a telephone call. Bless.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

talk sport and Les on 14:51 - Jan 1 with 1849 viewsPlanetHonneywood

talk sport and Les on 11:39 - Jan 1 by Burnleyhoop

So Hughes and Redknapp have managed to piss £250 million up the wall and achieved what?

Ferdinand turned up with the remit of clearing the expensive deadwood and was provided with a kitty of a massive....8 million.....tops?

What precisely did we really expect? We have some decent looking players but we have yet to find a pattern of play and a team ethic. Mistakes have undoubtably been made, but it is easy to criticise in hindsight. The decisions made appeared reasonably sound at the time.

The problem we have is the lack of patience from everyone including Fernandes,right down to the fan base. Holloway has been vilified after 8 faking games. If he would have had the opportunity of a pre-season he could have nailed his preferred line up and prepared them accordingly. He is left with trying to achieve that, at a time in the season when the games are coming thing and fast and he desperately needs points on the board. Give the guy a break. He was brave with his line up against Wolves (have to wonder how many of the "injured" didn't fancy it), but was rewarded with the first gutsy display seen for some time.

Ferdinand and Holloway deserve a bit of time. It was always going to be huge transitional project.

As I said, I readily appreciate Les inherited a mess - oh that it was just £200m!!

Our problems have been well documented and discussed, and those are the ones we know about. However, my point is that in view of the severity of our plight, we gave the DoF job to a relative novice and while some might be more critical of Les' results thus far, I'm still unsure of pertinent queries about why and on what basis he was chosen, possibly over others, in the first place?

As I also said, he'll be judged on results and I hope he succeeds. Thus far, while the jury notes the mitigating factors at play here, it nonetheless remains out on whether Les' appointment is or will be, a good one.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

talk sport and Les on 16:08 - Jan 1 with 1788 viewsPunteR

talk sport and Les on 14:51 - Jan 1 by PlanetHonneywood

As I said, I readily appreciate Les inherited a mess - oh that it was just £200m!!

Our problems have been well documented and discussed, and those are the ones we know about. However, my point is that in view of the severity of our plight, we gave the DoF job to a relative novice and while some might be more critical of Les' results thus far, I'm still unsure of pertinent queries about why and on what basis he was chosen, possibly over others, in the first place?

As I also said, he'll be judged on results and I hope he succeeds. Thus far, while the jury notes the mitigating factors at play here, it nonetheless remains out on whether Les' appointment is or will be, a good one.

Les shouldnt be judged just on the football results though.
I take your point about giving the DoF role to a novice but i for one thought it was a good appointment. The main reason being he would be looking out for QPR'S best interest plus more importantly he knows the club well and is qualified to do the job.
Who knows what TF was thinking when he appointed him..?
Probably similar to the thinking behind Holloways appointment in that it would please the fans and keep them off his case..who knows ?
The problem now facing Les is the signings and appointments the club make doesn't really get a chance to show its full potential because of TF's itchy trigger finger and desire to get back to the prem. Les is now getting the flak for it.
Maybe things are not right behind the scenes and Les is some sort of egomaniac, but if we are judging Les on trying to get the club back to the way it was and not the "big spending" QPR of the last 5 years then i think he's done a pretty good job for a novice. We're also bringing the youth players through to the first team. That in itself is a step in the right direction.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2017 22:48]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

talk sport and Les on 21:13 - Jan 1 with 1659 viewsdaveB

talk sport and Les on 14:51 - Jan 1 by PlanetHonneywood

How he got the job doesn't matter but he got it the same way most get a job at QPR in that Fernandes gets a bit star struck. What matters is what he has done since getting the job and I think he's got stuck into the role and tried to change things rather than just live on his name and stay in the background
talk sport and Les on 23:47 - Jan 1 with 1568 viewsDorse

talk sport and Les on 21:13 - Jan 1 by daveB

How he got the job doesn't matter but he got it the same way most get a job at QPR in that Fernandes gets a bit star struck. What matters is what he has done since getting the job and I think he's got stuck into the role and tried to change things rather than just live on his name and stay in the background

To be fair, that's all I'm doing.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

talk sport and Les on 11:23 - Jan 2 with 1468 viewsfrancisbowles

When Les was appointed, what other experienced DOF's were trying to get a job at QPR?

There wasn't a lot of choice unless we poached one from another club and who would want to take on our challenge?
talk sport and Les on 11:36 - Jan 2 with 1450 viewsLongsufferingR

talk sport and Les on 11:23 - Jan 2 by francisbowles

When Les was appointed, what other experienced DOF's were trying to get a job at QPR?

There wasn't a lot of choice unless we poached one from another club and who would want to take on our challenge?

Unfortunately the man who was best suited for the job wasn't well at the time, and his wife, Debbie McGee, wasn't keen on him taking on a new challenge.
talk sport and Les on 19:35 - Jan 2 with 1359 viewsLoft1979

talk sport and Les on 21:13 - Jan 1 by daveB

Great conversation one that I think was needed. With 6 points and less tension your points are better taken. For me, I alluded to the fact in business sooner or later attention turns and no one is immune. That said Dave I can't argue with anything you said.

Factoring in today's results and news - it really does look like our management group will not tolerate slackers and folIs who won't play for the badge. I hope Chery gets us something by way of a good fee. Pp
talk sport and Les on 20:00 - Jan 2 with 1319 viewsShotKneesHoop

talk sport and Les on 11:39 - Jan 1 by Burnleyhoop

So Hughes and Redknapp have managed to piss £250 million up the wall and achieved what?

Ferdinand turned up with the remit of clearing the expensive deadwood and was provided with a kitty of a massive....8 million.....tops?

What precisely did we really expect? We have some decent looking players but we have yet to find a pattern of play and a team ethic. Mistakes have undoubtably been made, but it is easy to criticise in hindsight. The decisions made appeared reasonably sound at the time.

The problem we have is the lack of patience from everyone including Fernandes,right down to the fan base. Holloway has been vilified after 8 faking games. If he would have had the opportunity of a pre-season he could have nailed his preferred line up and prepared them accordingly. He is left with trying to achieve that, at a time in the season when the games are coming thing and fast and he desperately needs points on the board. Give the guy a break. He was brave with his line up against Wolves (have to wonder how many of the "injured" didn't fancy it), but was rewarded with the first gutsy display seen for some time.

Ferdinand and Holloway deserve a bit of time. It was always going to be huge transitional project.

They say what goes around .... comes around. And, right now, this feels just like it was when I started supporting the R's in 1962. Not much cop as a team, loads of moaning, but everyone tried. Think Brian Bedford and you get the figurehead.

Sod Old Oak, sod Warren Farm. Sod European Cup. Just get some juniors coming through into the first team in a few years, and then think about making those sorts of decisions.

Here's a clue. QPR will never be Man U, Citeh, Chelscum, Arse, Spuds, Scousers,so, just aim to be a half decent Championship side.

Only don't tell Our Tone. Let's keep this going as a proper four year plan.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024