Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spot of bother now........ 17:55 - Feb 4 with 32373 viewskropotkin41

16 games left and not a great selection of fixtures, starting next Saturday with Yorkshire's answer to Barcelona.

At first glance I reckon 15 more points............ last season that would have put us in 21st!!

A few more weeks of bad form - even with good play - and things will start to look properly bleak.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 20:27 - Feb 4 with 5597 viewsqueensparker

We'll be alright, having seen a few of them by now we're not playing like a relegation side at the moment and haven't been for the last 5/6 games (Burton aberration aside). And we look way better than the tail-end of the JFH era.

Keep the current level of effort up and we can start looking forward to next season

Important that the fans don't bottle it though and panic/boo/moan their way through the next few games - keep it positive with the kids like Furlong/Manning and the new signings and I think this side under Ollie will keep improving
Spot of bother now........ on 21:50 - Feb 4 with 5379 viewskropotkin41

Spot of bother now........ on 20:27 - Feb 4 by queensparker

We'll be alright, having seen a few of them by now we're not playing like a relegation side at the moment and haven't been for the last 5/6 games (Burton aberration aside). And we look way better than the tail-end of the JFH era.

Keep the current level of effort up and we can start looking forward to next season

Important that the fans don't bottle it though and panic/boo/moan their way through the next few games - keep it positive with the kids like Furlong/Manning and the new signings and I think this side under Ollie will keep improving

Good to hear. I wasn't having a moan at the start of this thread. I'm happy Ollie is in charge and I think things are going in the right direction for the long term......... the problem is that it doesn't take much for a work in progress to get relegated and I'd be happier if we were a few points more off the trap door.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Spot of bother now........ on 22:18 - Feb 4 with 5295 viewsStanisgod

Not much you can do when a ball is a foot over the line and not given. People seem to be forgetting we did actually score first today.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Spot of bother now........ on 23:22 - Feb 4 with 5142 viewsdaveB

usual doom and gloom on here after a defeat. I wasn't calling for JFH to go but for me performances have been a lot better since Holloway has come in, results haven't reflected how we've played, those 6 in a row we lose a few of those could have gone either way but overall we are going in the right direction.

We should of course be worried and looking over our shoulder but equally we are 2 points off 13th place and 2 points off a team in Villa who have spent the kind of money that should mean you win the league. I had us down as finishing 15th at the start of the season, i've not seen much to suggest I'll be wrong
Spot of bother now........ on 23:23 - Feb 4 with 5140 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 20:15 - Feb 4 by Lblock

ODH win ratio 30.23%

Sir Ollie win ratio 22.2%

So you have a point - lets go the Bentford stats route then shall we?
You actually reckon that ODH would've kept us out of the bottom three and you'd have been happy to witness another 26 or so peformances from him? If so then you my friend are a lost cause to me.

I'm worried, but I am a born worrier. If it'd been ODH at the helm still then I wouldn't be worried, I'd of been sure as God made little apples that we were down and buried.
Ollie has brought hope, spirit and some much improved performances and I was gutted we got nish from the Villa and Derby games for instance as we deserved it. Same again today by all accounts and that really is a concern.

We'll see

Don't know where you get your stats from...

Hasselbaink (ODH to you) win ratio (this season, league only): 31.25%
Holloway (Sir Ollie to you; you're a little fountain of fairness, aren't you?): 28.57%

Nothing really in it. But, points per game, there's a clear difference...

Hasselbaink: 1.25
Holloway: 1.00

One is lower-table mediocrity, the other is serious relegation risk. I still think we are going to survive, and regardless, no more sackings this season for me, but at this stage it's still looking like a close call.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Spot of bother now........ on 23:39 - Feb 4 with 5101 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 23:23 - Feb 4 by isawqpratwcity

Don't know where you get your stats from...

Hasselbaink (ODH to you) win ratio (this season, league only): 31.25%
Holloway (Sir Ollie to you; you're a little fountain of fairness, aren't you?): 28.57%

Nothing really in it. But, points per game, there's a clear difference...

Hasselbaink: 1.25
Holloway: 1.00

One is lower-table mediocrity, the other is serious relegation risk. I still think we are going to survive, and regardless, no more sackings this season for me, but at this stage it's still looking like a close call.

all depends how you read stats really, 3% difference in winning games suggests to me the team isn't very good and we were no better before than we are now.

I'll never agree with this mid table under Hasselbaink stuff, we were bang in trouble in the end under him just as we are now.

But I think just judging things by stats is ludicrous, Watching them in the last few months and seeing how we are playing now, how many more chances we create, how much more effort we are showing suggests to me we are getting better and results will improve.

We were stupidly unlucky today, should have been 1-0 up after scoring but end up with nothing, guaranteed at least a point if the goal is given imo
Spot of bother now........ on 23:40 - Feb 4 with 5095 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 20:23 - Feb 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

he would've comfortably kept us up
Is that a fact

[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 20:26]

No, it is not a fact.

Nor is "Well I think we would have got smashed against Reading Fulham and NU if JFH was still in charge."

And 'Troll'? You might want to rethink that one.

Spot of bother now........ on 23:54 - Feb 4 with 5044 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 23:39 - Feb 4 by daveB

all depends how you read stats really, 3% difference in winning games suggests to me the team isn't very good and we were no better before than we are now.

I'll never agree with this mid table under Hasselbaink stuff, we were bang in trouble in the end under him just as we are now.

But I think just judging things by stats is ludicrous, Watching them in the last few months and seeing how we are playing now, how many more chances we create, how much more effort we are showing suggests to me we are getting better and results will improve.

We were stupidly unlucky today, should have been 1-0 up after scoring but end up with nothing, guaranteed at least a point if the goal is given imo

So you've given up on the "Still 17th!", then?

That's quite a log-jam we are at the bottom of. Churlish of me to point out that we are at least one point behind all six of those clubs, with the worst goal difference, and two of that six clubs have a game in hand.

I'm not disagreeing that the football has improved. I thought the Reading and Fulham games were our best in years! But I don't subscribe to the "I don't care if we are in League One" crowd, and the statistic that does decide that is who has how many points at the end of the season.

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 23:57]

Login to get fewer ads

Spot of bother now........ on 23:56 - Feb 4 with 5031 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 23:54 - Feb 4 by isawqpratwcity

So you've given up on the "Still 17th!", then?

That's quite a log-jam we are at the bottom of. Churlish of me to point out that we are at least one point behind all six of those clubs, with the worst goal difference, and two of that six clubs have a game in hand.

I'm not disagreeing that the football has improved. I thought the Reading and Fulham games were our best in years! But I don't subscribe to the "I don't care if we are in League One" crowd, and the statistic that does decide that is who has how many points at the end of the season.

Edit: spelling
[Post edited 4 Feb 2017 23:57]

Well we're not 17th now but were when i said that. Still baffles me how 17th under JFH is lower mid table and 17th under Hollloway was relegation but you read the numbers how you like
Spot of bother now........ on 00:06 - Feb 5 with 4991 viewsPunteR

Lots of new players that will hopefully improve us. I dont think we'll go down but at the same time i dont think we'll go on a run of games that will see us shoot up the league.
If we can keep our best players over the next couple of seasons i cant see why we cant push for promotion again.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Spot of bother now........ on 00:08 - Feb 5 with 4986 viewsFredManRave

Spot of bother now........ on 18:54 - Feb 4 by Boston

I'm with you plasma, we desperately need a constant drip of encouraging posts.

Another drip here.

Let's face it, there are two relegation places up for grabs and we're not going to be grabbing any one of them. What we have in our favour is that we're actually playing a lot better recently with a much needed improvement away from home. And we actually beat or at least draw against teams much higher up the table whereas the teams around us only really get points against us.

We'll be fine...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Spot of bother now........ on 00:10 - Feb 5 with 4977 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 23:56 - Feb 4 by daveB

Well we're not 17th now but were when i said that. Still baffles me how 17th under JFH is lower mid table and 17th under Hollloway was relegation but you read the numbers how you like

I never argued that 17th was anything indicative of continuity. That was your argument and it is failing all by itself. We are still six points away from the relegation zone and have dropped to 19th. And be grateful that a win for Brizzle at Derby is unlikely.

I did produce a suite of stats that said that our football was less effective, as measured by shots and goals, for and against, under Holloway.

But I still said that the stat that counts is points per game. And that is still exactly where it was before under Holloway.

Spot of bother now........ on 00:17 - Feb 5 with 4939 viewsdaveB

Spot of bother now........ on 00:10 - Feb 5 by isawqpratwcity

I never argued that 17th was anything indicative of continuity. That was your argument and it is failing all by itself. We are still six points away from the relegation zone and have dropped to 19th. And be grateful that a win for Brizzle at Derby is unlikely.

I did produce a suite of stats that said that our football was less effective, as measured by shots and goals, for and against, under Holloway.

But I still said that the stat that counts is points per game. And that is still exactly where it was before under Holloway.

you can give me any set of stats you like, i won't agree that the football under Holloway has been less effective than it was under Hasselbaink. We got very lucky in a few games under JFH and won points we didn't deserve. I've enjoyed the games under Holloway far more and think we've played far better, points return might not have been as good but I don't think numbers should be everything in football, you need to understand the stats and use them but how you are playing and how the team looks isn't always backed up by the numbers and for me we've been getting better in recent weeks regardless of what your stats say
Spot of bother now........ on 00:22 - Feb 5 with 4921 viewsisawqpratwcity

Spot of bother now........ on 00:17 - Feb 5 by daveB

you can give me any set of stats you like, i won't agree that the football under Holloway has been less effective than it was under Hasselbaink. We got very lucky in a few games under JFH and won points we didn't deserve. I've enjoyed the games under Holloway far more and think we've played far better, points return might not have been as good but I don't think numbers should be everything in football, you need to understand the stats and use them but how you are playing and how the team looks isn't always backed up by the numbers and for me we've been getting better in recent weeks regardless of what your stats say

My stats? Please, please, PLEASE ignore my stats!

Look at the table.

It isn't relegation zone. But it isn't good, and at the moment, it's getting worse, not better.

Spot of bother now........ on 00:36 - Feb 5 with 4887 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Spot of bother now........ on 19:24 - Feb 4 by bosh67

I understand your point but JFH was getting some results purely out of luck rather than judgement. Fulham and Forest away we got 4 points from, but the reality was that both tore us apart and failed to convert chances and penalties against us. Then there was Newcastle at home and Brentford at home, to of the most clueless performances in the club's modern history.

Totally get what you are saying, and perhaps you are right. But as another poster said more briefly, JFH wasn't taking us upwards. He took on a squad from Ramsey that had no shape or style and continued that. Ollie is at least trying to get us up the pitch in games. It's not easy because he has just got in the personnel to make that task easier, but with not many games to go. But I still believe this squad can win 6 more games out of 16.

We were lucky at Fulham granted but totally disagree about Forest. We were all over them second half. Should've won it.
Spot of bother now........ on 07:30 - Feb 5 with 2991 viewsLblock

daveB...... sometimes I love you

Written what I'm thinking but far better than I ever could

Thanks

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Spot of bother now........ on 08:22 - Feb 5 with 2959 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 23:40 - Feb 4 by isawqpratwcity

No, it is not a fact.

Nor is "Well I think we would have got smashed against Reading Fulham and NU if JFH was still in charge."

And 'Troll'? You might want to rethink that one.

He would've ....a statment of fact

I think... an opinion

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 08:30 - Feb 5 with 2945 viewsTGRRRSSS

Does anyone seriously think under JFH we'd have beaten Reading, drawn with Fulham and most pointedly at all got back into the game not once but twice up at Newcastle after conceding a goalk in under a minute.

I do have concerns especially after picking up just the one point from the 3 in the 7 day period but to say we were doing better under JFH is seriously silly. We were getting worse and getting worse under JFH not better.

Whatever happens happens but I still feel Holloway has more than enough to keep us out of it.
Blackburn is a concern and a lack of goals is a concern but anyone thinking JFH would have turned it round is pie in the sky time.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 8:45]
Spot of bother now........ on 08:43 - Feb 5 with 2929 views2Thomas2Bowles

Spot of bother now........ on 08:30 - Feb 5 by TGRRRSSS

Does anyone seriously think under JFH we'd have beaten Reading, drawn with Fulham and most pointedly at all got back into the game not once but twice up at Newcastle after conceding a goalk in under a minute.

I do have concerns especially after picking up just the one point from the 3 in the 7 day period but to say we were doing better under JFH is seriously silly. We were getting worse and getting worse under JFH not better.

Whatever happens happens but I still feel Holloway has more than enough to keep us out of it.
Blackburn is a concern and a lack of goals is a concern but anyone thinking JFH would have turned it round is pie in the sky time.

Just the festering poisonous Ollie haters.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Spot of bother now........ on 08:58 - Feb 5 with 2875 viewstraininvain

Spot of bother now........ on 08:43 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Really like Holloway but equally understand that it's very difficult to have a good second half to the season afte changing managers and overhauling the squad at the halfway point.

Trying to turn this into some kind of crusade against Holloway is just a poor attempt to stifle the discussion.
Spot of bother now........ on 09:01 - Feb 5 with 2863 viewsTGRRRSSS

For me your looking at the wrong argument, under JFH we were a sinking ship, even if we go down under Ollie I believe we would have under JFH in those circumstances.

Time will tell but it was only a couple of weeks ago after Reading and FUlham everyone was raving, now it's the other way after a couple of (admittedly bad) results.

Still feel we have enough.

Our home form all season has been worrying.
Spot of bother now........ on 09:03 - Feb 5 with 2857 viewsnix

Spot of bother now........ on 08:43 - Feb 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's worse than that they cos I can't remember masses of these posters saying JFH had it all under control when we were suffering dismal draws under him.

I just think they're just doom'n'gloom merchants who'd probably say we're going down, whoever was in charge. Yes it's a bit worrying but we have also had a couple of shocks decisions against us that aren't Ollie's fault - the Onouha sending off anf the goal that wasn't a goal yesterday. Maybe when you're a confident, fully established team you can shrug those things off but it's harder when you're trying to build team spirit and confidence. And I don't think these things even themselves out over the season. How many teams have the goal crossing the line but not being counted per season?
Spot of bother now........ on 09:09 - Feb 5 with 2832 viewsPommyhoop

Spot of bother now........ on 09:03 - Feb 5 by nix

It's worse than that they cos I can't remember masses of these posters saying JFH had it all under control when we were suffering dismal draws under him.

I just think they're just doom'n'gloom merchants who'd probably say we're going down, whoever was in charge. Yes it's a bit worrying but we have also had a couple of shocks decisions against us that aren't Ollie's fault - the Onouha sending off anf the goal that wasn't a goal yesterday. Maybe when you're a confident, fully established team you can shrug those things off but it's harder when you're trying to build team spirit and confidence. And I don't think these things even themselves out over the season. How many teams have the goal crossing the line but not being counted per season?

I'm not panicking yet..We will be comfortably safe..
Everytime I see your avatar nix I'm reminded of the backstabber Lalin in Carlito's Way..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Spot of bother now........ on 09:10 - Feb 5 with 2837 viewsTGRRRSSS

Looking at things JFH had a great August where we picked up wins against Cardiff, Wigan and Leeds we also lost to Barnsley and PNE.
After that his points per month is very very poor.
Obviously wins in the bag is vital and it's a 46 game season but the point is that golden start (which still had some bad results too) gives him a better shine, when you inspect properly you can see how things got much worse very very quickly.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2017 18:29]
Spot of bother now........ on 09:12 - Feb 5 with 2831 viewsJAPRANGERS

We'r not going down are we?? Say it ain't so...................
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024