Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeman 21:57 - Feb 21 with 3435 viewsGuppy22

This fella is class, £400k seems a steal to me, him and manning playing really well together
Freeman on 22:17 - Feb 21 with 3328 viewseghamranger

Is the bargain of the century..... £300 k too !!
Freeman on 22:55 - Feb 21 with 3087 viewsDannytheR

Impressed too that the manager obviously had a very clear idea what to do with him before he signed. You can see he's got bags of talent, but beyond that, it looks like he was bought to play a specific role that Holloway correctly saw he'd be perfect for. Kudos to the pair of 'em.
Freeman on 22:58 - Feb 21 with 3058 viewsWestonsuperR

MOM for me the night.
Freeman on 23:09 - Feb 21 with 2971 viewsted_hendrix

Seems to have settled in well.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Freeman on 03:26 - Feb 22 with 2691 viewstimcocking

He is, without any doubt, a class act. Delighted we have got him.

Seems to be playing out of position though. I don't see him as a central midfielder. To me, we're playing in a 5-1-1-3 formation, which i've never even heard of before. They certainly don't have that in the Fifa presets. Let's face it, Freeman is always looking to get forward, which is where he's best. Still, fcuk it. He's probably my favourite outfield player at the moment.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 3:30]
Freeman on 07:13 - Feb 22 with 2505 viewsdaveB

Freeman on 03:26 - Feb 22 by timcocking

He is, without any doubt, a class act. Delighted we have got him.

Seems to be playing out of position though. I don't see him as a central midfielder. To me, we're playing in a 5-1-1-3 formation, which i've never even heard of before. They certainly don't have that in the Fifa presets. Let's face it, Freeman is always looking to get forward, which is where he's best. Still, fcuk it. He's probably my favourite outfield player at the moment.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2017 3:30]

I think he looks good in central midfield, reminds me of Rowlands
Freeman on 08:04 - Feb 22 with 2398 viewsbosh67

Freeman on 07:13 - Feb 22 by daveB

I think he looks good in central midfield, reminds me of Rowlands

Yes, he has Rowlands like ability in the middle but also has a touch of Cookie about him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Freeman on 08:12 - Feb 22 with 2358 viewspaulparker

Interesting that Ollie has now converted two left wingers manning & freeman into a central midfield partnership I always thought that would be the role we would eventually play gladwin in with luango but I think that ship has now sailed
freeman has a very good touch and vision, people were going on about him not having pace etc but pace isn't everything you need players to look up and spot a pass or be able to read the game , that's what we have with Freeman who actually reminds me a lot of mid nineties maverick Darren currie
gonna be tough for luango , goss & cousins to get into this side , but fair play to olllie for spotting this and playing this unlikely midfield pairing

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Freeman on 08:23 - Feb 22 with 2315 viewstimcocking

Freeman on 08:04 - Feb 22 by bosh67

Yes, he has Rowlands like ability in the middle but also has a touch of Cookie about him.

Well i'd love it if he manages to stay there. I can't see it long term, but i've got my fingers crossed. He's certainly no Karl Henry.
Freeman on 08:30 - Feb 22 with 2291 viewsHunterhoop

Freeman on 08:12 - Feb 22 by paulparker

Interesting that Ollie has now converted two left wingers manning & freeman into a central midfield partnership I always thought that would be the role we would eventually play gladwin in with luango but I think that ship has now sailed
freeman has a very good touch and vision, people were going on about him not having pace etc but pace isn't everything you need players to look up and spot a pass or be able to read the game , that's what we have with Freeman who actually reminds me a lot of mid nineties maverick Darren currie
gonna be tough for luango , goss & cousins to get into this side , but fair play to olllie for spotting this and playing this unlikely midfield pairing

I still think those 3 will have a key part to play, especially Luongo.

We can't and shouldn't expect too much from Manning and need to be balanced in his afraid all. He actually had a pretty poor game last night, losing possession in his own half a few times and playing over ambitious balls going forward. Wigan got stuck into him too, which caused him to rush his game a bit. Good learning experience for him.

But it's great that the crowd didn't get after him. He's got so much potential because of the vision he has and how mature his play is already. He's the best at "buying" free kicks in the team!

But we can't expect him to be brilliant every game, or even play every game. Luongo is still w very important cog. And, with Hall out, at home, you may see Goss full that role. Cousins is the one with a harder job on his hands. However, with his constant hamstring issues, I'd rather we kept him out of the first time for a while, got him properly fit and went from there.
Freeman on 09:07 - Feb 22 with 2175 viewsPinnerPaul

I actually thought him and Manning gave the ball away a fair bit tonight, including for their goal.

Also they often bombed forward together leaving us exposed on the break - tbf to them though, that wouldn't have been such a problem had Hall been on the pitch.

Both excellent players in the making, just thought they both looked what they are yesterday, at times, -inexperienced and still developing.
Freeman on 13:10 - Feb 22 with 1986 viewssimmo

He made that 2nd goal with a driving run from midfield and a neat forward pass, something our central midfield have not done enough of. He's got a really pure left footed strike on him too and is looking for goals. After such a paucity of contributions from CM in the last year or so it's great to see a player come in and get a goal and assist in just a few games.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Freeman on 16:14 - Feb 22 with 1834 viewsoldmisery

Blimey; Rowlands, Cook, Tony Currie's nephew. All good players, I actually think he has a look of Akos about him.
And I'd forgotten about Cousins who I spoke to at the Burton game. He said he was fine and would be back, 'next week'. If selected, I replied. He had a laugh and said he might have job getting back in the team. Rather looks like he's got a job getting back on the bench - unless he picked up another injury in training. It sort of makes me nostaglic for the days when we were told who was injured, what their treatment plan was and when they were expected to return to action!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024