Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony 19:25 - Aug 22 with 38187 viewsSwans_16

Hearing that a bid of £12 million has been accepted by City from us, and the deal with the player is now 'close'.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and numerous Thai/Chinese Restaurants have all applied for licenses with Swansea City Council in anticipation of the 'additional demand'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:47 - Aug 23 with 3987 viewsKerouac

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:19 - Aug 23 by Brynmill_Jack

You and your wet f*cking dreams.

You do amuse me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:08 - Aug 23 with 3721 viewsDrizzy

Sorry but this would be a terrible signing. He's been on his arse for two and a half years and has no incentive for a big money move any more. He looks a shadow of the player he was and worryingly immobile these days.

Also we don't have the quality in midfield to link up with him, he needs runners from deep to be effective. It's concerning as well because it seemed we were transitioning to a more mobile attack yet the board continue to pine after a former player who wouldn't be suitable (see: Allen, Joe).

There's an obvious lack of cohesion between those coaching the players and those buying the players AGAIN.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:47 - Aug 23 with 3617 viewsMo_Wives

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:47 - Aug 23 by Kerouac

You do amuse me...

That's the fella Paul Clement was arguing with.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:00 - Aug 23 with 3562 viewsWarwickHunt

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:47 - Aug 23 by Mo_Wives

That's the fella Paul Clement was arguing with.

McGregor's next opponent.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:03 - Aug 23 with 3542 viewsMo_Wives

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:00 - Aug 23 by WarwickHunt

McGregor's next opponent.

It'll be difficult...but I think Conor will be able to cope with not being the bigger man.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:50 - Aug 23 with 2942 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

The reason Bony has struggled at Both City and Stoke (if you can call a goal every other start at City a "struggle") is probably because he hasn't played regular first team football. We know he's the type of player who hits his best form when he's playing every week because that's the way it was with us.

Given the prices being paid for even mediocre or unproven forwards (£15m for Chris Wood? £12m for Jordan Rhodes?) then £12m for a player we know has been capable and could be absolutely immense isn't a bad deal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I see your point, Doc, and it's a fair one. But the risk involved with Bony is not worth the reward here. For perspective, these are his numbers since he left us three seasons ago:

Man City

- PL - 6 goals/36 appearances
- Total - 10 goals/46 appearances

Stoke:

- PL - 2 goals/10 appearances
- Total - 2 goals/11 appearances

Combined:

- PL - 8 goals/46 appearances
- Total - 12 goals/57 appearances

Sorry, that's not good enough for £13m/£80k+ a week.

And he hasn't gotten games because his managers see how little he cares, probably. I remember in an article a few years ago he said he has never lifted weights in his life, his physique was natural. It struck me then that he had to be lying, but it probably didn't bode well for his work ethic, either way.

His managers have confirmed this, very publicly. He seriously couldn't beat out Peter Crouch and Jon Walters for a spot last season when Stoke were badly in need of goals. Hughes needed goals, he would've played him if they were guaranteed.

Better deals still out there.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:04 - Aug 23 with 2826 viewsTheResurrection

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:50 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

I see your point, Doc, and it's a fair one. But the risk involved with Bony is not worth the reward here. For perspective, these are his numbers since he left us three seasons ago:

Man City

Stoke:

Combined:

And he hasn't gotten games because his managers see how little he cares, probably. I remember in an article a few years ago he said he has never lifted weights in his life, his physique was natural. It struck me then that he had to be lying, but it probably didn't bode well for his work ethic, either way.

His managers have confirmed this, very publicly. He seriously couldn't beat out Peter Crouch and Jon Walters for a spot last season when Stoke were badly in need of goals. Hughes needed goals, he would've played him if they were guaranteed.

That the same article based on how MUCH he cares about his career, desperately wanting to be on the pitch, being angry when he's not out there and never wanting to rock the boat at the club he's at?

Fackkkkkk me pink - clueless tvvat,

ps - 46 appearances - how many starts, how many 90 minutes.

Meaningless kÃœnt

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:06 - Aug 23 with 2812 viewsveng9

Man City

Stoke:

Combined:

You have to consider his lack of minutes played at Manchester City. In total he had 182 minutes per goal for Manchester City which isn't great but considering his troubles there I think that could be improved on for us where he would be the main man and on penalties. Also if you look at minutes per goal or assist for Manchester City it was every 111 minutes which maybe suggests he had to lower his number of goals due to quite often not being the lone striker but chipped in with assists. His minutes per goal or assist for us was actually just under every 111 minutes as well.

Another thing is that at Stoke after scoring his first two league goals he was only given another 145 minutes of league action with 2 starts and 1 sub appearance. He didn't score in his first 6 games for Stoke but he didn't score in his first 6 games of the 2014/15 for us and still ended up with about 9 goal.

He's definitely been lazy since leaving and definitely fell out with Hughes but I don't think it's impossible for him to get back to a solid striker even if not the player he was for us.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:07]
Login to get fewer ads

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:10 - Aug 23 with 2779 viewsTheResurrection

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:06 - Aug 23 by veng9

You have to consider his lack of minutes played at Manchester City. In total he had 182 minutes per goal for Manchester City which isn't great but considering his troubles there I think that could be improved on for us where he would be the main man and on penalties. Also if you look at minutes per goal or assist for Manchester City it was every 111 minutes which maybe suggests he had to lower his number of goals due to quite often not being the lone striker but chipped in with assists. His minutes per goal or assist for us was actually just under every 111 minutes as well.

Another thing is that at Stoke after scoring his first two league goals he was only given another 145 minutes of league action with 2 starts and 1 sub appearance. He didn't score in his first 6 games for Stoke but he didn't score in his first 6 games of the 2014/15 for us and still ended up with about 9 goal.

He's definitely been lazy since leaving and definitely fell out with Hughes but I don't think it's impossible for him to get back to a solid striker even if not the player he was for us.

182 minutes per goal?

1 every 2 games and that's not great?

That'll do us, thank you very much.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:10 - Aug 23 with 2781 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:43 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

The reason Bony has struggled at Both City and Stoke (if you can call a goal every other start at City a "struggle") is probably because he hasn't played regular first team football. We know he's the type of player who hits his best form when he's playing every week because that's the way it was with us.

Given the prices being paid for even mediocre or unproven forwards (£15m for Chris Wood? £12m for Jordan Rhodes?) then £12m for a player we know has been capable and could be absolutely immense isn't a bad deal.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I mentioned Giovanni Simeone earlier this summer, and for perspective he was sold to Fiorentina for £13.7m a few days ago. Just turned 22, scored 12 goals in his first season in Serie A in a poor team, excellent pedigree, great skills, etc.

Fantastic signing by them, and he would've been just what we need up top. There's more out there like him, and we should be trying to bring them in instead of the lazy, expensive, and risky proposition that is Wilfried Bony at this point.

Seriously, take a quick look at what £13m still gets you on the market, if you know what you're doing. We should be able to sign players like this, we have the money and PL prestige. Someone with a big nose is preventing us, though.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:25 - Aug 23 with 2677 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:06 - Aug 23 by veng9

Appreciate the insight and stats, Veng 9, genuinely.

You've made a good case, and I have very fond memories of Bony, as well. I don't hate the guy, quite the opposite actually.

But the flipside is £13m and £80k+ a week for a striker that has barely played in three seasons, and hasn't looked fit or effective when he has. I'm not a Stoke or Man City fan, but the times I saw him he was a shell of the player we all love. I'm not alone in thinking this.

It's just too much money for me in a position we're relatively capable, at least when Llorente comes back. I'd rather have a creative type like Viera or even Chadli, to be honest.

Just my opinion, of course.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:33 - Aug 23 with 2630 viewsGaryjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:10 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

182 minutes per goal?

1 every 2 games and that's not great?

That'll do us, thank you very much.

Chris, he's scored 8 goals in 46 games since he left. Those are the facts, not the stats. Sure as hell he was the best no9 we've had in this league, but he had better and younger players around him than we have now. We have to find a new direction to go otherwise we are done for.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 23:34]
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:35 - Aug 23 with 2608 viewsTheResurrection

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:25 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

You've made a good case, and I have very fond memories of Bony, as well. I don't hate the guy, quite the opposite actually.

But the flipside is £13m and £80k+ a week for a striker that has barely played in three seasons, and hasn't looked fit or effective when he has. I'm not a Stoke or Man City fan, but the times I saw him he was a shell of the player we all love. I'm not alone in thinking this.

It's just too much money for me in a position we're relatively capable, at least when Llorente comes back. I'd rather have a creative type like Viera or even Chadli, to be honest.

Llorente is going.

Llorente is on £80k + a week.

Llorente will not get anything like the goals he did last season.

Did you watch the Stoke away game last season? Looked pretty damn fine then and showed us just what we've been missing.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:42 - Aug 23 with 2564 viewsWandererJack

Man City

Stoke:

Combined:

When he played for us last time he was in the LC practically every night doing stretches and all that nonsense. To say he has never lifted a weight in his life is ludicrous.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:44 - Aug 23 with 2551 viewsA_Fans_Dad

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:25 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

When Bony was at Man C he had a very serious handicap. His Ivorian Team Mate Yaya Toure point blank refused to pass him the ball, he would pass it to anyone but Bony.
As he was the mid field dispenser of the ball it seriously impacted Bony's game whenever Toure played.
How he got away with I don't know.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:48 - Aug 23 with 2514 viewsLoyal

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:44 - Aug 23 by A_Fans_Dad

When Bony was at Man C he had a very serious handicap. His Ivorian Team Mate Yaya Toure point blank refused to pass him the ball, he would pass it to anyone but Bony.
As he was the mid field dispenser of the ball it seriously impacted Bony's game whenever Toure played.

Bony definitely didn't chip in for his birthday cake then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:48 - Aug 23 with 2509 viewsGaryjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:42 - Aug 23 by WandererJack

When he played for us last time he was in the LC practically every night doing stretches and all that nonsense. To say he has never lifted a weight in his life is ludicrous.

Ugh? Just for balance 'doing stretches and stuff' doesn't equate to lifting weights!
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:53 - Aug 23 with 2480 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:35 - Aug 23 by TheResurrection

Llorente is going.

Llorente is on £80k + a week.

Llorente will not get anything like the goals he did last season.

Did you watch the Stoke away game last season? Looked pretty damn fine then and showed us just what we've been missing.

Llorente scored 15 goals for us last season which kept us up, many of them in incredibly stressful moments. He deserves his pay whatever it is, £80k is doubtful though. I'm more confident Llorente will score than Bony, and Conte and the rest of the football world agree. You and Jenkins seem to be on your own on this one.

And speaking of the Stoke game, did you see Routledge's goal Siggy laid on a plate for him? That's what we've been missing this season. Siggy, and Llorente. Definitely not two scrappy goals against a Bob Bradley team with VDH/Taylor/Naughton in defence.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:00 - Aug 24 with 2440 viewsWandererJack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:48 - Aug 23 by Garyjack

Ugh? Just for balance 'doing stretches and stuff' doesn't equate to lifting weights!

That was in reference to Nirvana saying he had no work ethic etc. He put in extra hours doing the small things to improve as was clearly seen most nights in a public gym.

The man obviously has resistance training has part of his routine.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:03 - Aug 24 with 2414 viewsGaryjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:44 - Aug 23 by A_Fans_Dad

Worra crock of shit! Do you make this stuff up as you go along like?
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:08 - Aug 24 with 2391 viewsGaryjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:00 - Aug 24 by WandererJack

That was in reference to Nirvana saying he had no work ethic etc. He put in extra hours doing the small things to improve as was clearly seen most nights in a public gym.

The man obviously has resistance training has part of his routine.

Bony said he's never lifted a weight in his life, not Nirvana!

So you're saying Bony is lying then?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 0:11]
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:36 - Aug 24 with 2317 viewsswanseajack4eva

If this story from last year is true then clearly Wilf has had some distractions with non football things on his mind ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3598380/Man-City-Wilfried-Bony-star-got-

There do not seem to be any further reports after mid last year.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:48 - Aug 24 with 2266 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:42 - Aug 23 by WandererJack

Here's the link Wanderer:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/28/swansea-city-wilfried-bony-inte

This is the title:

"Swansea’s Wilfried Bony: ‘I’m naturally strong. I don’t do the gym’"

I'm not saying you're lying and I don't have anything against Bony. I didn't say "no work ethic" though. I said it didn't bode well for it that he was bragging to a journalist about never lifting weights. I personally believe he was lying, at least a little bit. And he said it, not me.

But anyway, I just don't think it's a good idea to spend a lot of money on him, and him being consistently out of shape is one of the main reasons. That's my point, nothing else.

A lot of great memories of the guy, he was a class player for us and that's never forgotten by me. But now, with the Siggy money, we need better.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:18 - Aug 24 with 2090 viewsWandererJack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:08 - Aug 24 by Garyjack

Bony said he's never lifted a weight in his life, not Nirvana!

So you're saying Bony is lying then?
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 0:11]

I didn't say Nirvana said it?

He's either lying or has insane genetics. Probably the former.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:19 - Aug 24 with 2078 viewsWandererJack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:48 - Aug 24 by Nirvana

Here's the link Wanderer:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/28/swansea-city-wilfried-bony-inte

This is the title:

"Swansea’s Wilfried Bony: ‘I’m naturally strong. I don’t do the gym’"

I'm not saying you're lying and I don't have anything against Bony. I didn't say "no work ethic" though. I said it didn't bode well for it that he was bragging to a journalist about never lifting weights. I personally believe he was lying, at least a little bit. And he said it, not me.

But anyway, I just don't think it's a good idea to spend a lot of money on him, and him being consistently out of shape is one of the main reasons. That's my point, nothing else.

A lot of great memories of the guy, he was a class player for us and that's never forgotten by me. But now, with the Siggy money, we need better.

Yeah he's either talking crap or is extremely gifted genetically.

You said the fact that he said he doesn't lift weights doesn't bode well for his work ethic - my counter point to that was that I regularly saw him in the LC in his own time working on flexibility and doing extra which does bode well for his work ethic.

I'd be delighted with Swansea Bony and not so much with Man City Bony. £12m is nothing these days so worth a punt IMO.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 9:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024