Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony 19:25 - Aug 22 with 38188 viewsSwans_16

Hearing that a bid of £12 million has been accepted by City from us, and the deal with the player is now 'close'.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and numerous Thai/Chinese Restaurants have all applied for licenses with Swansea City Council in anticipation of the 'additional demand'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:25 - Aug 24 with 3087 viewsJango

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:10 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

I mentioned Giovanni Simeone earlier this summer, and for perspective he was sold to Fiorentina for £13.7m a few days ago. Just turned 22, scored 12 goals in his first season in Serie A in a poor team, excellent pedigree, great skills, etc.

Fantastic signing by them, and he would've been just what we need up top. There's more out there like him, and we should be trying to bring them in instead of the lazy, expensive, and risky proposition that is Wilfried Bony at this point.

Seriously, take a quick look at what £13m still gets you on the market, if you know what you're doing. We should be able to sign players like this, we have the money and PL prestige. Someone with a big nose is preventing us, though.

Chief scout is off again. Only you and the people at fioretina were able to pick up on this players ability. Shame
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:31 - Aug 24 with 3058 viewsPozuelosSideys

Really not sure about this one.

From his first spell with us, it was clear he needed to be playing week in, week out and getting a lot of game time to even get up to speed, let alone find decent form. Even then it was mainly the partnership he struck up with Gylfi which created a lot of the goals for him.

Sometimes after being sat around for so long, you just cant get it back, no matter how much you try.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:38 - Aug 24 with 3007 viewsJackSomething

I mentioned Giovanni Simeone earlier this summer, and for perspective he was sold to Fiorentina for £13.7m a few days ago. Just turned 22, scored 12 goals in his first season in Serie A in a poor team, excellent pedigree, great skills, etc.

Fantastic signing by them, and he would've been just what we need up top. There's more out there like him, and we should be trying to bring them in instead of the lazy, expensive, and risky proposition that is Wilfried Bony at this point.

Seriously, take a quick look at what £13m still gets you on the market, if you know what you're doing. We should be able to sign players like this, we have the money and PL prestige. Someone with a big nose is preventing us, though.

Baston looked liked a better bet last summer (23, 18 goals in La Liga for little Eibar) and look how that worked out.

Every transfer carries risk. If the interest in Bony is genuine (and I think it is), the decision makers at the club consider Bony a lower risk than a player new to the PL. Given Baston's struggles, you can't really blame them. At least they know Bony can do it in the PL and will gamble he can become that player again.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 10:44 - Aug 24 with 2764 viewscostalotta

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:31 - Aug 24 by PozuelosSideys

Really not sure about this one.

From his first spell with us, it was clear he needed to be playing week in, week out and getting a lot of game time to even get up to speed, let alone find decent form. Even then it was mainly the partnership he struck up with Gylfi which created a lot of the goals for him.

Sometimes after being sat around for so long, you just cant get it back, no matter how much you try.

Didn't Gylfi only play with Bony for half a season?
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 10:50 - Aug 24 with 2738 viewsPozuelosSideys

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 10:44 - Aug 24 by costalotta

Didn't Gylfi only play with Bony for half a season?

Could well have been. But that was when Bony looked his best imo

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 10:54 - Aug 24 with 2715 viewsMillJack

Just to put a bit of context to those "stats", Borja Baston signed for us last summer having scored 18 goals in La Liga the previous season for Eibar.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 11:05 - Aug 24 with 2655 viewslondonlisa2001

Given the usual superstition players have, it's odd that if we intended to sign Bony this summer (which we'll have known for months if true), his number was open, and yet we gave it to Abraham.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:39 - Aug 24 with 2506 viewsJango

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 11:05 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

Given the usual superstition players have, it's odd that if we intended to sign Bony this summer (which we'll have known for months if true), his number was open, and yet we gave it to Abraham.

Maybe he'll be happy to take Llorentes number when he goes.
Login to get fewer ads

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:58 - Aug 24 with 2413 viewsJackSkellington

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 10:54 - Aug 24 by MillJack

Just to put a bit of context to those "stats", Borja Baston signed for us last summer having scored 18 goals in La Liga the previous season for Eibar.

And conversely Fernando came to us after only scoring 7 in 36 at Sevilla, and 9 in 45 the year before that at Juventus (at least that's what Wikipedia tells me). Not exactly pulling up trees was he? Sometimes it's simply about the being the right fit for a club. Bony fitted us before and I'm sure he can fit us again.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:59 - Aug 24 with 2403 viewsHeadmaster

This account is citing The Times:

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:59 - Aug 24 with 2400 viewsTheFranchise

Is this happening then?
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 2260 viewsacejack3065

All things considered we could do a lot worse than big Wilf. The days of expecting us to do a lot better in the transfer window are long gone.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:29 - Aug 24 with 2259 viewsSwansea93

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:59 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

Is this happening then?

Clement has just said he wants 2 more signings with 1 going possibly going to deadline day.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:32 - Aug 24 with 2241 viewsjojaca

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

Clement has just said he wants 2 more signings with 1 going possibly going to deadline day.

Just caught Clement interview late on sky sports news and I'm sure I heard the words we going with what we got.

Even when you know, you never know?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:34 - Aug 24 with 2218 viewsSwansea93

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:32 - Aug 24 by jojaca

Just caught Clement interview late on sky sports news and I'm sure I heard the words we going with what we got.

That was with regards to the CB position due to Bartley injury, he said we have Horn and can call upon Joe from the U23's.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:35 - Aug 24 with 2205 viewsJackSomething

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:29 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

Bony and Arias in, Montero going (probably on loan)?

Wouldn't be too unhappy with that, but think we need a couple more. It's gone quiet on Jota as a possible cheaper Gylfi replacement. Would be a gamble, but better than nobody.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 13:35]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:36 - Aug 24 with 2192 viewsSwansea93

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:35 - Aug 24 by JackSomething

Bony and Arias in, Montero going (probably on loan)?

Wouldn't be too unhappy with that, but think we need a couple more. It's gone quiet on Jota as a possible cheaper Gylfi replacement. Would be a gamble, but better than nobody.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 13:35]

Don't see why Bony could go to deadline day, really this should of been the easiest signing if we really wanted him.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:42 - Aug 24 with 2147 viewslondonlisa2001

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:36 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

Don't see why Bony could go to deadline day, really this should of been the easiest signing if we really wanted him.

I am not sure Bony is one of the two.

I think Bony is the fall back option for a late move for Llorente.

I realise McBurnie needs to go but if we are signing a full back (and surely we are after letting Kingsley go), I honestly believe that we need a more flexible forward / AM / wide player rather than Bony. If we sign Arias and Bony we haven't replaced Siggy at all. Only other thought is that we'd play 1 up front again and revert to Ayew or Abraham either wide or as an AM.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:52 - Aug 24 with 2041 viewsLandore_Jack

Two more signings.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/clement-targets-two-more-signings

#backtojack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:56 - Aug 24 with 2009 viewsTheKirkyLife

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:36 - Aug 24 by Swansea93

Wage demands. Hoping he doesn't have to take a massive cut. If he doesn't leave City though that's his playing career done.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:59 - Aug 24 with 1996 viewsLandore_Jack

Wilfried Bony: Swansea close to signing Manchester City striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41039444

#backtojack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:36 - Aug 24 with 1850 viewsportsidejack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:10 - Aug 22 by jasper_T

Lot of money for a 34 year old.

make that almost 35
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:40 - Aug 24 with 1825 viewsTheFranchise

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:59 - Aug 24 by Landore_Jack

Wilfried Bony: Swansea close to signing Manchester City striker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41039444

It says we're close and then says no fee has been agreed. That's not even close in the slightest.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:48 - Aug 24 with 1750 viewsCooperman

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:40 - Aug 24 by TheFranchise

It says we're close and then says no fee has been agreed. That's not even close in the slightest.

Indeed. That could have been written much better than what it has been.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:53 - Aug 24 with 1729 viewsploppy

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 13:42 - Aug 24 by londonlisa2001

I am not sure Bony is one of the two.

I think Bony is the fall back option for a late move for Llorente.

I realise McBurnie needs to go but if we are signing a full back (and surely we are after letting Kingsley go), I honestly believe that we need a more flexible forward / AM / wide player rather than Bony. If we sign Arias and Bony we haven't replaced Siggy at all. Only other thought is that we'd play 1 up front again and revert to Ayew or Abraham either wide or as an AM.

Which part of Siggy haven't we replaced? The corner taker part, the free kick taker part or the open play part? Seems like Carroll/Mesa will take free kicks and Carroll will take corners. We have enough left sided players who can dump a decent cross into the box from open play, so maybe we're missing a good right sided crosser. At the risk of upsetting the Siggy lovers on here, what we really need is a genuine number 10. Siggy wasn't one - IMHO, obvs. So in that sense, he wouldn't be a Siggy replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024