Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony 19:25 - Aug 22 with 37776 viewsSwans_16

Hearing that a bid of £12 million has been accepted by City from us, and the deal with the player is now 'close'.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and numerous Thai/Chinese Restaurants have all applied for licenses with Swansea City Council in anticipation of the 'additional demand'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:31 - Aug 22 with 3565 viewsShonky

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:19 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

That's great to hear. Nothing to do with Bony, but great.

Not too bright that one.

Its just a ride...

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:33 - Aug 22 with 3529 viewsPrivate_Partz

What is the HP for this? News Now is not touching it....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:34 - Aug 22 with 3523 viewspencoedjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:19 - Aug 22 by Dr_Winston

That's great to hear. Nothing to do with Bony, but great.

I said a few weeks ago Trundle (at Aberdare football club)said Wilf was disruptive in the changing room last time round

Doesn't seem that type but no smoke without fire
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:38 - Aug 22 with 3472 viewssomersetsimon

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:34 - Aug 22 by pencoedjack

I said a few weeks ago Trundle (at Aberdare football club)said Wilf was disruptive in the changing room last time round

Well, Trundle is still at the club and there are players at the club who played with Bony, so his character would be well known if there was an issue.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:43 - Aug 22 with 3400 viewsjack247

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:34 - Aug 22 by pencoedjack

He couldn't have been that disruptive, we finished comfortably in mid table in his first season and were pretty much safe by Christmas when he left.

I don't know if he's a tosser or not, but I don't really care as long as it doesn't affect performances.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:44 - Aug 22 with 3372 viewsLoyal

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:33 - Aug 22 by Private_Partz

Planet Swans is on the boil again 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:45 - Aug 22 with 3354 viewsone_upmanship

ESPN were the 1st reporting it (from what I've read)
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:49 - Aug 22 with 3281 viewsChrisSCFC

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:41 - Aug 22 by Swanjaxs

Agree 100%, Shane Long and Charlie Austin are both struggling for game time at Southampton and would be a better bet than Bony imho

Austin's a quality player but has been injury prone the last couple of seasons.

Shane Long's shite.
Login to get fewer ads

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:51 - Aug 22 with 3243 viewsmike1

Think it's a wrong move. Hope to be proven wrong. Is this the big signing we are all supposed to be raving about?
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:51 - Aug 22 with 3235 viewsLeonWasGod

Netflix. The OP must have just seen a trailer for The Return of the King and is probably a bit tŵp

Not sure if Bony can get back to where he was or not. I can't help thinking of Jason Scotland who left us as a goal machine and 12 months later was a statue at Ipswich and struggled to move his lardy @rse out of the 'D'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:53 - Aug 22 with 3201 viewsLoyal

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:51 - Aug 22 by mike1

Think it's a wrong move. Hope to be proven wrong. Is this the big signing we are all supposed to be raving about?

Fcking hope not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 3172 viewskarnataka

Folk saying Bony has no incentive but I think next year's World Cup would probably be his last if Cote d'Ivoire get there and that might be enough of an incentive. A good season with us and he'll be in their squad, sitting on someone's bench and he's a forgotten man.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 3172 viewsnyc_swans

if this is true, it's a nice bit of symmetry.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:08 - Aug 22 with 3033 viewslegoman

I am ITK so there and I happen to know that Wilf loved his time here. Personally I prefer a known quantity .
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 22:16]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:13 - Aug 22 with 2959 viewsGaryjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:08 - Aug 22 by legoman

I am ITK so there and I happen to know that Wilf loved his time here. Personally I prefer a known quantity .
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 22:16]

I reckon you posted something then changed your mind.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:18 - Aug 22 with 2906 viewsTummer_from_Texas

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:45 - Aug 22 by one_upmanship

ESPN were the 1st reporting it (from what I've read)

ESPN just regurgitated speculation that we are "close" to signing Bony, nothing about the bid being accepted.

ESPN never breaks any kind of news about football, or anything else that doesn't originate in America, for that matter. Maxwell Hicks wrote a nice Swansea blog for them, but it sounds like his contributions are going to be rare going forward. He still has his own blog though.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:28 - Aug 22 with 2781 viewsKerouac

He was always top class.

He scored in the Czech Republic.
He scored in the Eredivisie.
He scored in the Prem with us...and he scored lots.
He scored for the Ivory Coast at the World Cup.

The only thing that went wrong for Wilf is the fact that he got parked on Man City's bench and loaned out to Stoke where he was used badly.
That whole time he has been training with the best in the business...I am sure that if he comes back to us and IF we play him up front every week in the target man role, with good young players playing off him, he will come good.

He is as safe a bet as we can make right now IMO.

I can see how Abraham and someone like Demarai Gray playing off him with Clucas. Carroll, Fer, Mesa, Olsson and potentially Arias firing in the passes and crosses could work like a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:42 - Aug 22 with 2632 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 19:45 - Aug 22 by union_jack

'Has been'. You said it.

I'm not being facetious, I just don't think he'll have what he used to.

Have you heard of the saying "once you've learnt how to ride a bike" ???
Would you all be saying this if it was Messi? ??
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:45 - Aug 22 with 2584 viewslegoman

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:13 - Aug 22 by Garyjack

I reckon you posted something then changed your mind.

Nope in Madeira with iffy 3G. Stand by what I said 100%

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:48 - Aug 22 with 2558 viewsymaohyd

It will be a good debate as to whether he'll be a good or bad signing, however, the big picture for me and the most important question is does Clement want him?

Bony is a far cry from our past in terms of former players coming back, e.g. Emnes but does it once again represent the scenario where we struggle to attract players, poor contacts etc.

The biggest concern I have at the moment is the structure of the club. Someone posted earlier on that allegedly the Siggi transfer took so long due to the meddling of Kaplan. Might be boll ox, however, clubs with a set up of foreign owners who are not hands on tend to go ti ts up....Villa as an example.

So, if Clement sees Bony as the ideal signing to give us what he wants going forward, great, if not .....

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:11 - Aug 22 with 2368 viewsbermudajack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:48 - Aug 22 by ymaohyd

It will be a good debate as to whether he'll be a good or bad signing, however, the big picture for me and the most important question is does Clement want him?

Bony is a far cry from our past in terms of former players coming back, e.g. Emnes but does it once again represent the scenario where we struggle to attract players, poor contacts etc.

The biggest concern I have at the moment is the structure of the club. Someone posted earlier on that allegedly the Siggi transfer took so long due to the meddling of Kaplan. Might be boll ox, however, clubs with a set up of foreign owners who are not hands on tend to go ti ts up....Villa as an example.

So, if Clement sees Bony as the ideal signing to give us what he wants going forward, great, if not .....

Proven at this level... knows our club & philosophy
A beast in attack & defence
For £12M
A no brainer 👍
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 23:12]

Poll: Priority for new manager?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:36 - Aug 22 with 2228 viewsGaryjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:11 - Aug 22 by bermudajack

For £12M
A no brainer 👍

Proven at this level 2 1/2 years ago. Doesn't give a fvck about our club or it's philosophy (that's if we have one anymore)
A beast in attack & defence, yes he WAS!
For £12m a no brainer. Nope, he'll come back as the highest earner at the club and the most we've paid any player. He doesn't deserve that, and no way will he justify it.

Thankfully it ain't gonna happen. If it does then we are totally and royally fvcked. Both on the playing side and financially.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:03 - Aug 23 with 2128 viewsKilkennyjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:11 - Aug 22 by bermudajack

For £12M
A no brainer 👍

I agree.

I like his confidence and leadership.
We need a bit more swagger.

Beware of the Risen People

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:17 - Aug 23 with 2083 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:00 - Aug 22 by owainglyndwr

We need to keep Llorente

Who is the better player. F*cking sh*t like this makes me despair it really does.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:19 - Aug 23 with 2074 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:28 - Aug 22 by Kerouac

He was always top class.

He scored in the Czech Republic.
He scored in the Eredivisie.
He scored in the Prem with us...and he scored lots.
He scored for the Ivory Coast at the World Cup.

The only thing that went wrong for Wilf is the fact that he got parked on Man City's bench and loaned out to Stoke where he was used badly.
That whole time he has been training with the best in the business...I am sure that if he comes back to us and IF we play him up front every week in the target man role, with good young players playing off him, he will come good.

He is as safe a bet as we can make right now IMO.

I can see how Abraham and someone like Demarai Gray playing off him with Clucas. Carroll, Fer, Mesa, Olsson and potentially Arias firing in the passes and crosses could work like a dream.

You and your wet f*cking dreams.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024