Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony 19:25 - Aug 22 with 38195 viewsSwans_16

Hearing that a bid of £12 million has been accepted by City from us, and the deal with the player is now 'close'.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Subway and numerous Thai/Chinese Restaurants have all applied for licenses with Swansea City Council in anticipation of the 'additional demand'.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:15 - Aug 25 with 4207 viewsLoyal

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:02 - Aug 25 by Kerouac

On newsnow there is an article making the case for us signing Andros Townsend for £13m.

Townsend for £13m or Chadli for £25m?

Andros ?
Serious signing for any club.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:49 - Aug 25 with 4129 viewsTheKirkyLife

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 00:02 - Aug 25 by Kerouac

On newsnow there is an article making the case for us signing Andros Townsend for £13m.

Townsend for £13m or Chadli for £25m?

Neither. Chadli is overpriced, Townsend has a fantastic opening six months at a club then completely falls off the radar when he gets comfortable.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 01:19 - Aug 25 with 4084 viewsSwansea93

Wouldn't mind some of these goals again.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:51 - Dec 23 with 3685 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 23:10 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

I mentioned Giovanni Simeone earlier this summer, and for perspective he was sold to Fiorentina for £13.7m a few days ago. Just turned 22, scored 12 goals in his first season in Serie A in a poor team, excellent pedigree, great skills, etc.

Fantastic signing by them, and he would've been just what we need up top. There's more out there like him, and we should be trying to bring them in instead of the lazy, expensive, and risky proposition that is Wilfried Bony at this point.

Seriously, take a quick look at what £13m still gets you on the market, if you know what you're doing. We should be able to sign players like this, we have the money and PL prestige. Someone with a big nose is preventing us, though.

Shame.

Bony - 11 appearances / 2 goals / 0 assists / 29 years old??
Simeone - 18 appearances / 5 goals / 3 assists / 22 years old

Oh, and stuff like this:

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 07:11 - Jan 9 with 3435 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 14:51 - Dec 23 by Nirvana

Shame.

Bony - 11 appearances / 2 goals / 0 assists / 29 years old??
Simeone - 18 appearances / 5 goals / 3 assists / 22 years old

Oh, and stuff like this:

The stats now look like this:

Bony - 12 apps / 2 goals / 0 assists / 29 years old??
Simeone - 20 apps / 7 goals / 3 assists / 22 years old

What a ffukkingg complete waste of A LOT of money Bony has been so far, as was obvious to everyone in football before we blew upwards of £12m and £130k/week on the guy.

Meanwhile, Simeone is doing sshitt like above and below. Truly world-class movement by the kid, especially the first goal against Leonardo ffukkingg Bonnucci no less.

I'm not a scout, just a football fan. And I suggested this guy more than once early on in the summer. What the ffukk do our actual "scouts" do again? Other than watch our games like the rest of us? Shady, shady sshitt at our club, truly.

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 07:19 - Jan 9 with 3417 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:50 - Aug 23 by Nirvana

I see your point, Doc, and it's a fair one. But the risk involved with Bony is not worth the reward here. For perspective, these are his numbers since he left us three seasons ago:

Man City

- PL - 6 goals/36 appearances
- Total - 10 goals/46 appearances

Stoke:

- PL - 2 goals/10 appearances
- Total - 2 goals/11 appearances

Combined:

- PL - 8 goals/46 appearances
- Total - 12 goals/57 appearances

Sorry, that's not good enough for £13m/£80k+ a week.

And he hasn't gotten games because his managers see how little he cares, probably. I remember in an article a few years ago he said he has never lifted weights in his life, his physique was natural. It struck me then that he had to be lying, but it probably didn't bode well for his work ethic, either way.

His managers have confirmed this, very publicly. He seriously couldn't beat out Peter Crouch and Jon Walters for a spot last season when Stoke were badly in need of goals. Hughes needed goals, he would've played him if they were guaranteed.

Better deals still out there.

Updated numbers:

Man City

PL - 6 goals / 36 apps
Total - 10 goals / 46 apps

Stoke

PL - 2 goals / 10 apps
Total - 2 goals / 11 apps

Us
PL - 2 goals / 11 apps
Total - 2 goals / 12 apps

Combined
PL - 10 goals / 57 apps
Total - 14 goals / 69 apps

We paid £12m and upwards of £130k/week for the ghost of Wilfried Bony. Congratulations Jenkins, you ffukkingg clueless idiot (along with some equally idiotic and prominent posters on here). World-class prick the guy is.

Obvious to anyone this was a bad idea (well anyone who's seen Bony's disappearing act the past couple seasons), yet here we are well into January and Bony has a grand total of 2 goals.

I'll repeat - £130k A WEEK:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-city-swansea-wi
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 07:38 - Jan 9 with 3380 viewsJokeren1943

Lets be honest. The waste majority of Swanseas fans were glad to have Bony back when they heard that Llorente was leaving.

He has just kept his “form” when he left Swansea. He is either injured or do not score. And that is a luxury Swansea cannot afford.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:00 - Jan 9 with 3337 viewsNirvana

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 07:38 - Jan 9 by Jokeren1943

Lets be honest. The waste majority of Swanseas fans were glad to have Bony back when they heard that Llorente was leaving.

He has just kept his “form” when he left Swansea. He is either injured or do not score. And that is a luxury Swansea cannot afford.

That is probably true, Jokeren.

I wasn't one of those happy-clappers, though, and seemingly no other clubs of any value were either.

As you say, he is either injured or not scoring. A quality striker he is not anymore.

As I've said before, prove me wrong Wilfried and I will eat my words. So far that hasn't happened. Doesn't appear likely too either.

JENKINS OUT.
Login to get fewer ads

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:26 - Jan 9 with 3293 viewsJango

Rather than slate yet another player lets just hope he can get fit, stay fit and get some goals. Llorente was pretty non existent for the first half of last season and finished strongly.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:49 - Jan 9 with 3240 viewsperchrockjack

Bony was bought as our Catalyst and he s not mainly as he he as recurring injury / fitness problems.

We are all praying somehow he gets his mojo back

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:19 - Jan 9 with 3198 viewsWhiterockin

No way in the world are we paying Bony £130K a week.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 3179 viewsjackjackjackjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:19 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

He had a couple of years left on a £100K+ contract at Man City, so we're obviously going to be paying him some mad figure.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 10:24]

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:06 - Jan 9 with 3066 viewsMoscowJack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:24 - Jan 9 by jackjackjackjack

He had a couple of years left on a £100K+ contract at Man City, so we're obviously going to be paying him some mad figure.

Citeh would have paid him off the difference between what we're paying him (my guess would be max £70k a week) and what they were paying him. It's pretty standard to do.

There are some examples of players getting their whole contract paid up to leave, so if Bony had 2 years @ £130k a week left, he would have been entitled to a huge pay day. It's very unlikely though, so my guess is that they've given him the difference plus a bit more to encourage the transfer.

I still think that if we can get the service right to Bony, he'll bag 10+ more this season. We just haven't got anyone who can cross or play a decent ball through the middle to him. We can't expect him to convert every chance but he'll put away a decent percentage of them.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:10 - Jan 9 with 3046 viewsTheResurrection

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:19 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

Only a world class arsehole would think that.

Plus, those pathetic stats up there, what's the actual minutes spent on pitch stats as opposed to the American little boy trying his best to warp them into full appearances.

Joker

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:18 - Jan 9 with 3025 viewsWhiterockin

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:10 - Jan 9 by TheResurrection

Plus, those pathetic stats up there, what's the actual minutes spent on pitch stats as opposed to the American little boy trying his best to warp them into full appearances.

Joker

Agree.

Sometimes you need to watch a player live to see the impact he has on the pitch. There are many signs to be seen off the ball movement, body language and motivating fellow players that are not seen on TV.

Even this season we are a better team with Bony on the pitch than when he is off it.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:23 - Jan 9 with 3006 viewsjack247

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:18 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

Agree.

Sometimes you need to watch a player live to see the impact he has on the pitch. There are many signs to be seen off the ball movement, body language and motivating fellow players that are not seen on TV.

Even this season we are a better team with Bony on the pitch than when he is off it.

We are far better with him playing (fully match sharp).

I get the concerns about his fitness and how long it takes him to recover from injuries. What I don’t understand is people questioning the impact he makes when he does play.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:24 - Jan 9 with 3007 viewsE20Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:10 - Jan 9 by TheResurrection

Joker

Not to mention the fact he is comparing stats of completely different leagues.

I remember Marc lloyd Williams was the worlds top goalscorer with 47 goals for Bangor in 2001/02 but the fact he played in the League of Wales stopped the worlds super giants taking any notice - rightly so of course.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:56 - Jan 9 with 2958 viewsJango

would he have realistically signed for Swansea when fiorentina were in for him anyway? Nirvana, hows that little midfielder from France doing? The one you went on about for the whole of last season? You’ve gone awfully quiet on him.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 17:37 - Jan 9 with 2767 viewsBrynmill_Jack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 09:24 - Jan 9 by jackjackjackjack

He did drop court proceedings against us too. I wonder if his new exorbitant wage is topped up with hush money

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 17:41 - Jan 9 with 2754 views34dfgdf54

Bony has done well on the whole when playing, he brings a lot more than just goals. The risk was whether he could stay fit, he hasn’t.

If we had to make a judgement now, it’s another bad signing. Still time, but I don’t see him staying fit I think his body is shot to pieces.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:20 - Jan 9 with 2616 viewsplasjack

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 17:41 - Jan 9 by 34dfgdf54

Bony has done well on the whole when playing, he brings a lot more than just goals. The risk was whether he could stay fit, he hasn’t.

If we had to make a judgement now, it’s another bad signing. Still time, but I don’t see him staying fit I think his body is shot to pieces.

You serious, he hardly played for City.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:37 - Jan 9 with 2552 views34dfgdf54

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 20:20 - Jan 9 by plasjack

You serious, he hardly played for City.

For us I mean.
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:57 - Jan 9 with 2498 viewsJokeren1943

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 12:18 - Jan 9 by Whiterockin

Agree.

I agree. But you can’t base performance on wish thinking. He has scored 2 goals as our senior and realistic our main goal scorer - and how many times have we won when he was in the starting lineup. 1 maybe.

The idea making him captain to boast his motivation is a really good idea and beside his injurys he show class on the field, when he finally is on.

The reality is we do not know how he will perform the next 4 months. He might score 8-10 goals and secure Swanseas PL status or he keep getting injured.

Right now he has been a disaster (if we are talking about impact on the field).

Our survival is purely based on him now. If he don’t start playing match after match Swansea is gone.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 21:58]
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:01 - Jan 9 with 2482 viewsJokeren1943

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 08:00 - Jan 9 by Nirvana

That is probably true, Jokeren.

I wasn't one of those happy-clappers, though, and seemingly no other clubs of any value were either.

As you say, he is either injured or not scoring. A quality striker he is not anymore.

As I've said before, prove me wrong Wilfried and I will eat my words. So far that hasn't happened. Doesn't appear likely too either.

JENKINS OUT.

Actually I think he is a quality striker.

His body just ain’t up for the job anymore.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 22:02]
£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 22:08 - Jan 9 with 2455 viewsDarran

£12 Million bid accepted for Bony on 21:57 - Jan 9 by Jokeren1943

I agree. But you can’t base performance on wish thinking. He has scored 2 goals as our senior and realistic our main goal scorer - and how many times have we won when he was in the starting lineup. 1 maybe.

The idea making him captain to boast his motivation is a really good idea and beside his injurys he show class on the field, when he finally is on.

The reality is we do not know how he will perform the next 4 months. He might score 8-10 goals and secure Swanseas PL status or he keep getting injured.

Right now he has been a disaster (if we are talking about impact on the field).

Our survival is purely based on him now. If he don’t start playing match after match Swansea is gone.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2018 21:58]

Well said Joke. I said last week that regardless of when Bony signed and how may times he’s been injured we’ve played 22 league games so far this and Bony has been decent in 3 and we only won one of those 3.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024