Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. 15:55 - Sep 9 with 5541 views442Dale

Announced at half time that you have to get a ticket from ticket office. No paying on the turnstiles.

Presumably the jam-packed nature of the main stand has led to this. Would guess there will be a full explanation behind the decision to follow which will help potential fans to understand why this is a necessary move.

Edit: apologies if there are any details that are wrong and if the news was imparted via the OS with clear info prior to this.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 15:56]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:22 - Sep 9 with 4027 viewsBobbyjoe

Had to slum it in the Pearl Street. Looked to be about 500 empty seats, though!
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:38 - Sep 9 with 3970 viewsD_Alien

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:22 - Sep 9 by Bobbyjoe

Had to slum it in the Pearl Street. Looked to be about 500 empty seats, though!

I hope you weren't caught on police video offering the Blackburn hordes a drink

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:40 - Sep 9 with 3960 viewsDalenet

They have messed up the season ticket stickers in the main stand. Somebody I sit with still hasn't had their sticker on despite going to the club offices after every game and sending emails. It has meant we have needed to eject people from the seat each game. I suspect they can at least issue a numbered seat ticket to avoid the problem rather than let fans pay on the gate and search forever to find a seat.
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:52 - Sep 9 with 3916 views442Dale

Print off list of all seats requiring ST sticker.
Walk round and ensure all seats are correct.
Issue clear instructions to turnstile operators/stewards to inform fans paying on the turnstile not to sit in a seat with a sticker on.

Alternatively make every game ticket only in the main stand which increases work for the ticket office, leads to fans queuing twice and further issues as fans then try and locate seats/move people from their allocated seat.

If the stand was full every week, the upcoming plan would make perfect sense. But it's not. Not even when it's announced as being sold out.

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:00 - Sep 9 with 3868 viewsBobbyjoe

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:52 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Issue clear instructions to turnstile operators/stewards to inform fans paying on the turnstile not to sit in a seat with a sticker on.

Alternatively make every game ticket only in the main stand which increases work for the ticket office, leads to fans queuing twice and further issues as fans then try and locate seats/move people from their allocated seat.

If the stand was full every week, the upcoming plan would make perfect sense. But it's not. Not even when it's announced as being sold out.

What's the explanation, do we think, for the stand being "sold out "when it patently isn't?
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:13 - Sep 9 with 3809 viewsTVOS1907

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:00 - Sep 9 by Bobbyjoe

What's the explanation, do we think, for the stand being "sold out "when it patently isn't?

To send you to the posh end of the ground...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:19 - Sep 9 with 3776 viewsBobbyjoe

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:13 - Sep 9 by TVOS1907

To send you to the posh end of the ground...

I enjoyed the view, actually (first half, at least). Perhaps the bury game looked better from there!
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:22 - Sep 9 with 3754 viewsmeeee

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:40 - Sep 9 by Dalenet

They have messed up the season ticket stickers in the main stand. Somebody I sit with still hasn't had their sticker on despite going to the club offices after every game and sending emails. It has meant we have needed to eject people from the seat each game. I suspect they can at least issue a numbered seat ticket to avoid the problem rather than let fans pay on the gate and search forever to find a seat.

I've had to eject people from my seat every home game so far and my seat has a reserved sticker on!!! The argument that they make is that their pay on the day ticket says unreserved so they can sit anywhere but that's clearly not the definition of unreserved seating
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:23]
Login to get fewer ads

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:25 - Sep 9 with 3741 viewsAReeves

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 17:52 - Sep 9 by 442Dale

Well they can have our 8 seats back after today, total shambles by the club - we had originally chosen 8 seats in a middle block of main stand. Contacted a week before first game to be told they had mistakenly double sold some of our tickets. Long story short we ended up in A block surrounded by non fans / corporate and today a lot of Rovers fans. Seriously not happy. major lack of organisation by the club - back to the Sandy for us.

We really do feel very shambolic on and off the pitch at the moment !!!
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:31 - Sep 9 with 3701 viewsBartRowou

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:25 - Sep 9 by AReeves

Well they can have our 8 seats back after today, total shambles by the club - we had originally chosen 8 seats in a middle block of main stand. Contacted a week before first game to be told they had mistakenly double sold some of our tickets. Long story short we ended up in A block surrounded by non fans / corporate and today a lot of Rovers fans. Seriously not happy. major lack of organisation by the club - back to the Sandy for us.

One positive for me was the online ticketing experience which proved to be quite straightforward.

But yes, the rest of it is so amateurish and when will someone realise that the atmosphere in our ground is dreadful? Went to Boundary Park last week and saw an organised singing section give their all for 90 minutes despite some very ordinary football.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:40 - Sep 9 with 3660 views442Dale

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:22 - Sep 9 by meeee

I've had to eject people from my seat every home game so far and my seat has a reserved sticker on!!! The argument that they make is that their pay on the day ticket says unreserved so they can sit anywhere but that's clearly not the definition of unreserved seating
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 18:23]

Simple to police, something we see at plenty of away grounds.

Steward at the bottom of each row of steps telling those without ST not to sit on those which have stickers on.

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:52 - Sep 9 with 3614 viewsKenBoon

The main stand looked quieter than it did for the first two games.
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 19:06 - Sep 9 with 3542 viewsRAFCBLUE

When I heard this I just thought that the issue is the capacity of the main stand less the known number of season tickets for that stand.

We claim to have sold over 2,000 season tickets and are counting them in the attendance figures but there are lots of empty (theoretically allocated) seats. The number of open spaces must be being reduced accordingly.

The duplication issue is easily solved in the way 442Dale describes in a couple of hours.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 19:25 - Sep 9 with 3489 viewsBobbyjoe

Perhaps Country season tickets are deemed to be occupied every game, despite only actually being so for 10 games. Whatever, it's going to deter people from attending (or encourage them to buy a season-ticket! ). In fact, there's no way of knowing how many are going to turn up. It could be empty, yet "full" !
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:05 - Sep 9 with 3304 viewsSheffdale

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 19:25 - Sep 9 by Bobbyjoe

Perhaps Country season tickets are deemed to be occupied every game, despite only actually being so for 10 games. Whatever, it's going to deter people from attending (or encourage them to buy a season-ticket! ). In fact, there's no way of knowing how many are going to turn up. It could be empty, yet "full" !

I have a country season ticket (as you know BJ!) and to my surprise when booking was offered an allocated reserved seat. The club has no way of knowing which matches I will attend so for 13 home games at least my seat will be empty but with a reserved sticker. Having said that I can't imagine the take up of country season tickets, which were offered in a small window, was terribly high. Plenty of empty seats round me today.
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:38 - Sep 9 with 3246 viewsnordenblue

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:25 - Sep 9 by AReeves

During a quick pint before the match in the main stand bar,I was told we couldn't stand directly in view of the stadium whilst drinking alcohol when they opened the doors into the stand, when questioning the steward his answer was thats the FA rules and thats kind of that.

If they could possibly provide a few more hurdles for fans to jump over I'm sure the club would happily oblige
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:51 - Sep 9 with 3212 viewsDorislove

As a family of 3 season tickets i was given a dilemma today bearing in mind wife was busy and grandchild was too young to attend.
1 go to the game and spend 2 days recovering from sitting in the main stand like i did on game 1.Arthritis shit gets to us all in time.
2 go for another long walk with said grandson after the morning walk i did round hollingworth lake.
2 WON

Will i renew next season ,go figure.The club( team Rochdale) seems to have upper league attitudes with non league crowds(seems like its gone worse since the money rolled in with the latest sales.) .Its not all about happy clappy the team on the field ,its about having a feel good factor /a belongng to a cause /a mentality we will prevail against all odds .All we get is well you know what we get .All you people who say just go support the team never mind what goes on behind the scenes well you carry on .Good luck to you.I cant do that and i dont want to do that .
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 21:56]
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 22:00 - Sep 9 with 3180 viewsClivert

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:51 - Sep 9 by Dorislove

As a family of 3 season tickets i was given a dilemma today bearing in mind wife was busy and grandchild was too young to attend.
1 go to the game and spend 2 days recovering from sitting in the main stand like i did on game 1.Arthritis shit gets to us all in time.
2 go for another long walk with said grandson after the morning walk i did round hollingworth lake.
2 WON

Will i renew next season ,go figure.The club( team Rochdale) seems to have upper league attitudes with non league crowds(seems like its gone worse since the money rolled in with the latest sales.) .Its not all about happy clappy the team on the field ,its about having a feel good factor /a belongng to a cause /a mentality we will prevail against all odds .All we get is well you know what we get .All you people who say just go support the team never mind what goes on behind the scenes well you carry on .Good luck to you.I cant do that and i dont want to do that .
[Post edited 9 Sep 2017 21:56]

'One Love'.
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 02:16 - Sep 10 with 2977 viewsflyerdale

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 22:00 - Sep 9 by Clivert

'One Love'.

At least you won't get tinnitus like we get on pearl street stand now shout Manx is back. Man u fan aswell you know
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 06:22 - Sep 10 with 2925 viewsD_Alien

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:38 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

During a quick pint before the match in the main stand bar,I was told we couldn't stand directly in view of the stadium whilst drinking alcohol when they opened the doors into the stand, when questioning the steward his answer was thats the FA rules and thats kind of that.

If they could possibly provide a few more hurdles for fans to jump over I'm sure the club would happily oblige

I'll bet the steward was smirking when he told you that

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 07:28 - Sep 10 with 2889 viewsnordenblue

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 06:22 - Sep 10 by D_Alien

I'll bet the steward was smirking when he told you that

Made his day I'm sure, one step to the left/right of the door frame is apparently fine though.... obviously
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 07:36 - Sep 10 with 2874 viewsroccydaleian

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 21:38 - Sep 9 by nordenblue

I think that rule applies fifteen minutes before kick off and is an F.A. rule. So if you're stood in view obviously very close to the exit on what was a busy day, don't know what the steward has done wrong tbf. Think that's why the blinds are down in said bar.
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 09:44 - Sep 10 with 2766 viewsnordenblue

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 07:36 - Sep 10 by roccydaleian

I think that rule applies fifteen minutes before kick off and is an F.A. rule. So if you're stood in view obviously very close to the exit on what was a busy day, don't know what the steward has done wrong tbf. Think that's why the blinds are down in said bar.

I was in the other smaller bar to the left as you walk up the stairs roccy,with my back to the wall so we couldn't have been further away from the opened doors to the stand,whilst stood one step left/right of the frame it's perfectly fine even though we're still in perfect view of anyone already in the stadium remotely interested in looking back..... the words common sense and Rochdale don't seem to have been introduced
Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 11:40 - Sep 10 with 2659 viewsTVOS1907

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 09:44 - Sep 10 by nordenblue

I was in the other smaller bar to the left as you walk up the stairs roccy,with my back to the wall so we couldn't have been further away from the opened doors to the stand,whilst stood one step left/right of the frame it's perfectly fine even though we're still in perfect view of anyone already in the stadium remotely interested in looking back..... the words common sense and Rochdale don't seem to have been introduced

Tbf, roccy is actually right. The regulations apply at all grounds, not just ours.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Main Stand all ticket from Gillingham game onwards. on 18:02 - Sep 11 with 2197 viewsColDale

Did we not have something with the Willbutts whereby we only had 90% capacity if tickets were unreserved? Am guessing that the a combination of non attending season ticket holders and unreserved seating led to Saturday's situation with hundreds of empty seats in an otherwise sold out stand. By insisting on tickets purchased beforehand, it may alleviate this issue.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024