Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Building site noise on a sunday 09:44 - Dec 3 with 6391 viewsRangersDave

Hi chaps,
I think ive done someone wrong in a past life......maybe i liked Mark Hately or something.

Anyway, some advice again please.....this morning opposite my house less than 50ft away the developers of a school, Wilmott Dixon, started work at 7.45 on a Sunday!!!

They agreed to the council during the planning meeting that they would only work Monday to Saturday and have obviously gone against this.

We are on an I adopted road and are currently blocking access into the site, but not from it as an affirmative action thing, and are awaiting the police as the developers are saying we cannot block it due to emergency vehicle access that could be required if something goes wrong.

Well, we are sitting here just watching for vehicles wanting to leave and emergency vehicles wanting to come into the cul de sac.

Wilmott Dixon just say ‘we have to finish the job’ but beeping lorries, road rollers, staff shouting, etc at 7.45 is no joke on a Sunday. Ive video’s it ll and the noise continues and its now 9.42 am.

Just waiting for the police they say they have called, as i would hope the old bill would say ‘hey its a unsay and you cannot be doing this, please close down or i’ll Feel your collar’ to them.

Or at least i can have my say to the authorities, who wont be available on a sunday.

Any thoughts or advice please?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:03 - Dec 3 with 4125 views2Thomas2Bowles

Don't know where you live but have a look at your council website

Just had a look on mine and it clearly says NO Construction noise on a Sunday BUT like you, we have had it here many a time, most councils do have a noise team 24/7 so maybe see if you do and call them. if you do have anything on your council website maybe print that off to show the police.

You can't block the road

Also is it a Considerate Constructors Scheme site, if so call 0800 783 1423 to make a complaint.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 10:12]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:11 - Dec 3 with 4102 viewsLblock

Looks like a Section 60 Notice heading WD’s way

Check your local unitary plan but I’ve not come across a council yet who allow disruption on a Sunday without a local variation relaxation
You would’ve been consulted on that

I’m currently doing a job in Shoreditch where the constraints are huge but also have mass confusion in them.

Usually residents have the power in these cases though

Go and have a word with the Contracts Manager and state you don’t want to seek a Section 60 but will have to unless consideration shown
(Consideration is also an old English law term for money!!!)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Building site noise on a sunday on 10:14 - Dec 3 with 4097 viewseghamranger

The police will say it’s a civil dispute as a crime is not happening.

You could be arrested for obstruction of the highway, however officers these days probably won’t even show up let alone deal with something like that.

The council should have an emergency number and they should attend.

Witnesses and video/ photographs is good evidence.

Firms are always doing this on the run up to Xmas after promising the work will be done
Building site noise on a sunday on 10:20 - Dec 3 with 4083 viewsWrightUp5hit___

As above, Sunday working very likely to be a breach of one of the Planning Approval conditions.

You can check on your local authorities website for a copy of the detailed approval which includes the conditions.

Most Local Authorities bring Building Regulations and Planning together under Building Control and there should be a duty officer 24/7 .
Building site noise on a sunday on 10:47 - Dec 3 with 4020 viewsPunteR

Working in a residential area I think you've got them bang to rights.
But personally speaking the quicker they finish the job the quicker they'll be out of your way and onto another job disrupting the local area.
Hope you get it sorted one way or other and you dont get too stressed out about it, ruining your weekend. QPR already have done enough to do that..;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:01 - Dec 3 with 3989 viewsRangersDave

Hi chaps,

I got honked at 9.45 to move my car, and grabbed my keys and started walking to my car to move it, and was then assaulted by the driver who attacked me on my property, pushed me and clawed at my face hurting my eye, and bruising my face. He tried to steel my car keys as well as I wasn’t walking fast enough, then he assaulted my partner too.

Wilmott Dixon staff pretty much just looked on and did nothing.
No concern about me, about my face or well being.

Disgraceful, and will prevent me from going to business meetings this week due to my face being bruised and puffy.

Did 999 over an hour ago and dibble are apparently on their way, but the polic station is miles away (scarcasm mode here as its only 200 metres away from me) and have yet to attend.

Christ, my face hurts!

Wilmott Dixon, a pox on your house!

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 3960 viewsLblock

So this has now escalated to criminal assault

I’d be onto WD’s Area Director first thing in the morning and escalate this to the top
If it was WD Interiors I could help as I know one of their directors and I’m LinkedIn with her but she never crosses paths with the Construction side

They’ll blame subcontractor labour but ignore that as they have a vicarious liability for the actions and conduct of anyone on, visiting or associated with their site and operation

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:15 - Dec 3 with 3958 viewsEsox_Lucius

I hope you don't have vandals around you that would do things like pour superglue in the locks and hide raw prawns behind the heating in their new houses. They can be proper little bastards sometimes. As for the assault, that is exactly what it is; prosecute!

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:23 - Dec 3 with 3941 viewsHollowayHoop

Hi mate

I'm a litigation solicitor and i think there are two ways of dealing with this.

1. LBlocks s60 suggestion is sound and wont cost anything to do. But from an enforcement perspective, you'll have to wait for the local authority to deal with it and the speed with which theyll do so will depend on their resources and environmental policies.

2. Alternatively you could take the matter into your own hands. I recently had to obtain an injunction against a building firm for causing a similar noise nuisance in finchley and I think that would be the way to deal with this from a civil litigatiin perspective. This is the type of case that you will win (assuming the builders are not permitted to work on a Sunday AM) but it will be costly to run and you may have to take a day or two off work to attend at Court and to prepare your witness evidence. I guess it depends how much you value Sunday mornings.

To save yourself a few quid, id recommend you contact the head contractor tomorrow and say that you've spoken to a solicitor and been told that this conduct is unlawful so if it continues you'll be applying for injunctive relief in the High Court and/or making a section 60 report to the local authority. Demand that he gives you a written undertaking to only carry out works within the permitted times in future. Unfortunately if that doesn't do it then you may need a solicitor to send them a 'nasty' letter and thereafter to make the court application.

Hope that helps.
Building site noise on a sunday on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 3927 viewsted_hendrix

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:01 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Hi chaps,

I got honked at 9.45 to move my car, and grabbed my keys and started walking to my car to move it, and was then assaulted by the driver who attacked me on my property, pushed me and clawed at my face hurting my eye, and bruising my face. He tried to steel my car keys as well as I wasn’t walking fast enough, then he assaulted my partner too.

Disgraceful, and will prevent me from going to business meetings this week due to my face being bruised and puffy.

Did 999 over an hour ago and dibble are apparently on their way, but the polic station is miles away (scarcasm mode here as its only 200 metres away from me) and have yet to attend.

Christ, my face hurts!

Write to the 'Considerate Construction Scheme' with pics, and a detailed log of events and use the wording that your Health and safety was compromised (which it was) I'm surprised that they are working Sunday without a road closure and notification, my licence as a street works supervisor has long since lapsed (due to age) I used to risk assess and plan road closures, I'm a bit surprised that this has happened tbh.
as above physical assault has now taken place which of course is serious, sounds silly but whatever you do make a log of events including pictures.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:37 - Dec 3 with 3911 views2Thomas2Bowles

Hi chaps,

Christ, my face hurts!

Whatever happens, push the assault, did you get a reg number, any photos of the guy, witnesses?

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:40 - Dec 3 with 3897 viewsRangersDave

Cheers guys,

Pics of my face taken, and i have managed to get the area manager on the phone who was gobsmacked about the 2 assaults.

Face is still swollen and sore, and still waiting for Dibble, but luckily i have about 5 neighbours who witnessed it at close hand, although the other witnesses are WD and might not be so ‘helpful’ to Dibble.

Apreciate all the help and suggestions, thanks you fellow fans, it is what makes this site so special.
Fans looking out for fans, even if our views don’t slays align re. The boys in hoops, etc.
Thanks, i am truly humbled, but that may be the adrenaline pumping. Lol

Dave

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:42 - Dec 3 with 3889 viewsRangersDave

Got the reg number of his van, only photographs of my face, as everyone was too shocked to take pics, being old farts round here we didn’t think of it as a thing to do on the spot like the young’uns.

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:48 - Dec 3 with 3872 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:42 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Got the reg number of his van, only photographs of my face, as everyone was too shocked to take pics, being old farts round here we didn’t think of it as a thing to do on the spot like the young’uns.

If you know the guy came from the site, WD has a duty to inform the police who that person was, most sites have a sign in/out reg book.

I would push it hard and don't accept a verbal apology from WD

Has the noise stopped?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 11:51]

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:53 - Dec 3 with 3854 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:31 - Dec 3 by ted_hendrix

Write to the 'Considerate Construction Scheme' with pics, and a detailed log of events and use the wording that your Health and safety was compromised (which it was) I'm surprised that they are working Sunday without a road closure and notification, my licence as a street works supervisor has long since lapsed (due to age) I used to risk assess and plan road closures, I'm a bit surprised that this has happened tbh.
as above physical assault has now taken place which of course is serious, sounds silly but whatever you do make a log of events including pictures.

complaints@ccscheme.org.uk

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:54 - Dec 3 with 3844 viewsBrightonhoop

That's terrible Dave, as others have said keep a log/fotos and pursue it with both the police and council.
Building site noise on a sunday on 12:03 - Dec 3 with 3826 viewsBoston

207 547 8000, ring ring, " 'allo C-Mob, little bit of business if you're interested"....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Building site noise on a sunday on 12:05 - Dec 3 with 3817 viewsRangersDave

Building site noise on a sunday on 11:48 - Dec 3 by 2Thomas2Bowles

If you know the guy came from the site, WD has a duty to inform the police who that person was, most sites have a sign in/out reg book.

I would push it hard and don't accept a verbal apology from WD

Has the noise stopped?
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 11:51]

Hi mate,

I’ll look into that as the guys is obviously on the payroll for WD in whatever manner.

No, the noise hasn’t, and in fact more plant machinery is arriving on site as i type this.

The WD area manager said ‘oh i meant to put paperwork through your doors telling you of the sunday thing’ but i cut him short and said.....’your not supposed to be working Sunday full stop!
That is the rule, that is your agreement with the council you gave at planning, and stated you understood the hours of site working Monday to Saturday’

He replied ‘ummmmmm’ , and the boss on site said ‘We’ve got to get finished’ as his excuse.
Pathetic really!

Cheers
Dave

Building site noise on a sunday on 12:14 - Dec 3 with 3796 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 12:05 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Hi mate,

I’ll look into that as the guys is obviously on the payroll for WD in whatever manner.

No, the noise hasn’t, and in fact more plant machinery is arriving on site as i type this.

The WD area manager said ‘oh i meant to put paperwork through your doors telling you of the sunday thing’ but i cut him short and said.....’your not supposed to be working Sunday full stop!
That is the rule, that is your agreement with the council you gave at planning, and stated you understood the hours of site working Monday to Saturday’

He replied ‘ummmmmm’ , and the boss on site said ‘We’ve got to get finished’ as his excuse.
Pathetic really!

Cheers
Dave

Well as is always frustrating with these things, you won't get a result today, they will hope you just want to forget about it so it's going to be up to you how far you want to take it.

First would be the assault, that would give you leverage with the council and the CCS

"We’ve got to get finished’ as his excuse." standard BS
IT DOES NOT GIVE THEM THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER THEY WANT
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 12:19]

Building site noise on a sunday on 12:55 - Dec 3 with 3733 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Excellent advice from other posters on here. I can't improve on that, just wanted to wish you well, Dave.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Building site noise on a sunday on 14:24 - Dec 3 with 3637 viewsOnlyMe

You could try the BBC? They seem to create more fear than local councils and Old Bill put together and they love a story where they can show how public-minded they are. Watchdog maybe? Or one of the other public-interest departments they have? A couple of years ago we had a road-flooding problem that was being ignored by all the supposedly "relevant" (Hah) parties who kept passing the buck. There was a reporter and cameraman from SE News here within a couple of hours and people were moving their backsides even before the piece aired.
Building site noise on a sunday on 14:42 - Dec 3 with 3611 viewsBushRanger82

Hi chaps,

Christ, my face hurts!

This country is fast going to the dogs.
A peaceful, quiet Sunday, should be the very least we expect.
Especially after a Saturday watching QPR away from home!

Seriously though, there should be no building site working in, or near a residential area on a Sunday, ever.

I would be mighty angry if I were in your shoes.

Wilmott Dixon, apart from sounding like the name of a nerdy Brentford/Fulham fan, are also contemptuous of public/residents alike.

Report them to all and sundry, and good luck.
Building site noise on a sunday on 14:52 - Dec 3 with 3599 viewsRangersDave

Hi chaps,

thanks for your well wishes and advice.

No dibble yet and still working out there, however somethings happened, and although i am not keen on his politics, this guy stood up for us when this development went to planning and the neighbours had objected to a few things. He stood up for us and his name is Richard Kemp, the Lib Democrat councillor on Liverpool District Council.

i mailed him this morning and he's already got the Liverpool city solicitor on the case and we are all exchanging mails etc.

Now this mans a man of action, and i really appreciate his help.
I contacted the beeb, the papers, radio etc but unless its fluffy kittens or a murder they aren't interested up here.

Oh and as for Wilmott Dixon, they are known to be a national company of cowboys. on a watchdog program on rogue builders a year or so ago, they came out worst with 1 new 200 house development having over 400 faults taking up to 2 years to fix and before the shows airing, they hadn't even scratched the surface of the snagging.

for example......
http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/nightmare-new-homes-in-rainham-estate-have-

Still wheels are in motion.
Cheers and thanks again
Dave
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 14:55]

Building site noise on a sunday on 15:17 - Dec 3 with 3563 views2Thomas2Bowles

Building site noise on a sunday on 14:52 - Dec 3 by RangersDave

Hi chaps,

thanks for your well wishes and advice.

No dibble yet and still working out there, however somethings happened, and although i am not keen on his politics, this guy stood up for us when this development went to planning and the neighbours had objected to a few things. He stood up for us and his name is Richard Kemp, the Lib Democrat councillor on Liverpool District Council.

i mailed him this morning and he's already got the Liverpool city solicitor on the case and we are all exchanging mails etc.

Now this mans a man of action, and i really appreciate his help.
I contacted the beeb, the papers, radio etc but unless its fluffy kittens or a murder they aren't interested up here.

Oh and as for Wilmott Dixon, they are known to be a national company of cowboys. on a watchdog program on rogue builders a year or so ago, they came out worst with 1 new 200 house development having over 400 faults taking up to 2 years to fix and before the shows airing, they hadn't even scratched the surface of the snagging.

for example......
http://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/nightmare-new-homes-in-rainham-estate-have-

Still wheels are in motion.
Cheers and thanks again
Dave
[Post edited 3 Dec 2017 14:55]

Keep with it Dave too many people don't and that's why they get away with it.

As for the old bill, they won't come out in any hurry unless the person is still there but keep pestering them.

Building site noise on a sunday on 17:26 - Dec 3 with 3469 viewsLblock

The damages per week on my job are £23k a week

Of course as a Contractor we are going to “push the envelope” if / where we can and I’d imagine here’s the LAD clause will be another significant lump of miner per week or part there of

What I do know is in the City of London and it’s Central boroughs we don’t feck about with the councils. It kills you long term

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024