Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone know 21:33 - Dec 9 with 5089 viewsWrightUp5hit___

If the bloke in the SAR, being attended to by the paramedics is ok?
Does anyone know on 22:26 - Dec 9 with 3847 viewsessextaxiboy

His name is Keith , he sits right in front of me next to Alan Barnes. He started fitting after their second goal . He was not responsive and was turning blue . Loads of us tried to call a steward but he just ignored us and started down the stairs my son and nephew went off down after him , he didn't know what to do . They found a bunch of stewards and told them there was an emergency eventually someone with a radio called paramedics and they turned up . I got his coat undone away from his neck but there was no room to get him in a recovery position . Thankfully two or three doctors in the crowd ma de their way up and took over til the medics arrived
He was concious when they took him away . The stewards came up en masse with no sort of plan or procedure IMO .
I hope he is okay , he is nice guy and Rangers to his bones . He often gently ribs me over my posts on here . If anyone hears any news could they post it please .
A sh@t day all round
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 22:40]
Does anyone know on 22:36 - Dec 9 with 3818 viewsBoston

Does anyone know on 22:26 - Dec 9 by essextaxiboy

His name is Keith , he sits right in front of me next to Alan Barnes. He started fitting after their second goal . He was not responsive and was turning blue . Loads of us tried to call a steward but he just ignored us and started down the stairs my son and nephew went off down after him , he didn't know what to do . They found a bunch of stewards and told them there was an emergency eventually someone with a radio called paramedics and they turned up . I got his coat undone away from his neck but there was no room to get him in a recovery position . Thankfully two or three doctors in the crowd ma de their way up and took over til the medics arrived
He was concious when they took him away . The stewards came up en masse with no sort of plan or procedure IMO .
I hope he is okay , he is nice guy and Rangers to his bones . He often gently ribs me over my posts on here . If anyone hears any news could they post it please .
A sh@t day all round
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 22:40]

Would you be talking about Keith Jordan, youthful 50 something, ST holder in C Block?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Does anyone know on 22:38 - Dec 9 with 3808 viewsessextaxiboy

Does anyone know on 22:36 - Dec 9 by Boston

Would you be talking about Keith Jordan, youthful 50 something, ST holder in C Block?

No we are in F block mate
Does anyone know on 22:57 - Dec 9 with 3756 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Jeez , I saw all the activity but didn't realise exactly where it was.

Keith Davies, mid sixties, wild grey hair, big guy?
Does anyone know on 23:03 - Dec 9 with 3733 viewsBoston

Does anyone know on 22:57 - Dec 9 by WrightUp5hit___

oh dear, I think I know him too, or rather I used to know him.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2017 23:03]

Does anyone know on 23:03 - Dec 9 with 3732 viewsted_hendrix

Fingers crossed for the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Does anyone know on 23:07 - Dec 9 with 3709 viewsBoston

Is a shock when someone takes a turn in front of ya. Never forget the bloke who toppled over beside me in the Loft '78ish, still think of the poor soul.

Does anyone know on 00:36 - Dec 10 with 3558 viewsisawqpratwcity

Well done, ETB, to you and the others that assisted.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone know on 00:48 - Dec 10 with 3533 viewsLythamR

Hope Keith is ok

From the description of the incident it sounds like the reactions of the stewards could have been better, if that was the case then i would urge ETB and any other close witnesses to provide an account of the incident to the club so improvements can be implemented. any delays in situations like this can be very costly, in the case of a heart attack or stroke it can be a matter of life and death.

The club management will only learn of any possible shortcomings like this if they are brought to their attention
Does anyone know on 04:33 - Dec 10 with 3428 viewsessextaxiboy

Does anyone know on 22:57 - Dec 9 by WrightUp5hit___

Yes thats him ..
Does anyone know on 07:43 - Dec 10 with 3302 viewseghamranger

Does anyone know on 00:48 - Dec 10 by LythamR

Hope Keith is ok

From the description of the incident it sounds like the reactions of the stewards could have been better, if that was the case then i would urge ETB and any other close witnesses to provide an account of the incident to the club so improvements can be implemented. any delays in situations like this can be very costly, in the case of a heart attack or stroke it can be a matter of life and death.

The club management will only learn of any possible shortcomings like this if they are brought to their attention

Try to do this ASAP as the incident could be recorded on cctv.

Why is a steward running off after an incident?? The club pay a lot of money for stewards and they get paid for doing fa at times.... it should be brought to the clubs attention.

Get well soon Keith 👍
Does anyone know on 08:05 - Dec 10 with 3261 viewsLblock

Does anyone know on 07:43 - Dec 10 by eghamranger

Try to do this ASAP as the incident could be recorded on cctv.

Why is a steward running off after an incident?? The club pay a lot of money for stewards and they get paid for doing fa at times.... it should be brought to the clubs attention.

Get well soon Keith 👍

Puts the poxy football into perspective

Well done Essex hope your action has helped a fellow R

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Does anyone know on 09:21 - Dec 10 with 3077 viewsJAPRANGERS

Are clubs likely to have doctors in attendance as a matter of course. I mean even at QPR with say a 15000 crowd, statistically a medical emergency of some sort could well occur. And of course blood pressure rises, hearts beat much faster during matches, emotions fluctuate.

I guess stewards have no particular even basic medical training for yesterday's type of occurrence??

Well done Mr Taxi sir, for your efforts yesterday.
Does anyone know on 09:30 - Dec 10 with 3052 viewsTGRRRSSS

Who does the Stewrading these days? GoldRange???

What was the mob who took over at one time from them, maybe in the GP era?

Get well soon Keith.

Disturbing this Steward ran off, needs to be sacked pronto.

I often wonder the point of Stewards in the gangway (chances are I know the lay out better than them, and this proves it correct.
Does anyone know on 09:48 - Dec 10 with 3009 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Update from ETB via Twitter.

Keith was taken in to St Mary's and was sufficiently recovered by 11pm for Big Alan to be able to get him home.
Does anyone know on 09:51 - Dec 10 with 2995 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thats Great news
Does anyone know on 09:53 - Dec 10 with 2991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Very glad to hear that Keith is ok. Delighted and relieved to read that last update.

He's a good friend who I used to know very well when I lived in England, one of the Youth Team crew.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does anyone know on 10:08 - Dec 10 with 2951 viewsJAPRANGERS

Does anyone know on 09:48 - Dec 10 by WrightUp5hit___

Keith was taken in to St Mary's and was sufficiently recovered by 11pm for Big Alan to be able to get him home.

Does anyone know on 10:23 - Dec 10 with 2915 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Keith is one of those blokes who would do the "double header" youth game on a Saturday morning, First team in the afternoon. Years ago when we used to play our Reserves games at Loftus Road, he (and I) were a part of the group that managed to find ourselves free of work commitments for the afternoon.

Never had the "public profile" of some of our supporter of the year winners, but always there and always committed.
Does anyone know on 10:31 - Dec 10 with 2898 viewsTrellick

Hope he's ok. The steward may have been going to get help from someone 1st aid trained.
I would like to think that on match day there are at least 8 de frib machines at the ground.
Does anyone know on 10:39 - Dec 10 with 2873 viewsfrancisbowles

Does anyone know on 09:30 - Dec 10 by TGRRRSSS

Who does the Stewrading these days? GoldRange???

What was the mob who took over at one time from them, maybe in the GP era?

Get well soon Keith.

Disturbing this Steward ran off, needs to be sacked pronto.

I often wonder the point of Stewards in the gangway (chances are I know the lay out better than them, and this proves it correct.

I was in SA Rd yesterday, fairly close to the incident in F block but not directly next to it or in contact with it. Pleased to hear Keith was well enough to be taken home.

I think it is very difficult to make judgements on the reactions of the stewards. Medical emergencies in a challenging environment are always confusing as a bit of terror and panic sets, in amongst those around the casualty and as a result lots of people are shouting the odds, whilst it seems as if nothing is happening. It is, of course, necessary for the first responder to assess the situation and call for the appropriate help, which inevitably takes a bit of time as trained medics are only going to be in certain areas of the stadium.

I am not sure what the requirements are to steward an event or what training is given. I don't know how often these stewards are required to be on duty, as in how may hours they work and therefore what experience they have and what they are required to do in situations like Keith's emergency yesterday.

It is almost certain that their primary function is crowd control and how to evacuate the arena in an emergency situation. Communication and drills are key to their duties. From my perspective they seemed to do this well and the crowd around the incident responded positively to their instructions.

It is important that the club investigate any emergency situation and assess what went well and what could have been done better. It is by doing this that they can agree, improvements to the routines, drills, training and equipment available to their safety and security staff, with the contracted company.

So therefore, anyone who witnessed the event and has constructive comments on the medical incident should provide feedback to the club.
Does anyone know on 10:39 - Dec 10 with 2874 viewsted_hendrix

That's good.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Does anyone know on 12:37 - Dec 10 with 2746 viewsessextaxiboy

Thats great news , thanks .
Regarding the steward , getting my sons(he is 31) perspective on it today it is his opinion that the steward went down to get help so for me to say he ignored us is doing him a dis service .When he got to the bottom of the stairs he looked left and right presumably looking for a supervisor . They found the stewards first and raised the alarm . Happy to put that straight .
Get well soon Keith , I need you to keep my knees warm ..
Does anyone know on 12:39 - Dec 10 with 2736 viewsessextaxiboy

Does anyone know on 10:23 - Dec 10 by WrightUp5hit___

Keith is one of those blokes who would do the "double header" youth game on a Saturday morning, First team in the afternoon. Years ago when we used to play our Reserves games at Loftus Road, he (and I) were a part of the group that managed to find ourselves free of work commitments for the afternoon.

Never had the "public profile" of some of our supporter of the year winners, but always there and always committed.

Yesterday Alan watched the youth team while Keith went to the ground for 10am to buy their seats for MK .
Does anyone know on 12:45 - Dec 10 with 2724 viewsNorthernr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024