Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That penalty shout 09:14 - Mar 7 with 16354 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Anyone close enough for a real look?

Thought ref had a clear view, but to me 50 yards away looked a nailed on penalty.

BTW If you say you were in the Lower Loft I wont believe you! there were only about 100 people and none of them are posters here!
That penalty shout on 09:19 - Mar 7 with 16335 viewstoboboly

Which one

First half Bidwell looked to be bundled over and having his shirt pulled. Second half Smith was felled by a number of Derby players.

No idea how they didn't get any more yellows considering the pasting Smyth, Furlong etc got.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That penalty shout on 09:20 - Mar 7 with 16330 viewsTheChef

Looked pretty clear to me he was more or less wrestled to the ground.

I think Smith could play the rest of his career and never get a penalty.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

That penalty shout on 09:26 - Mar 7 with 16302 viewsStevenageRanger

I am a Lower Loft ST Holder but didn't go tonight as was working away yesterday! My parents where 2 of those 100 though and you are right they dont post here :)

PS The one in the 2nd half wasnt a pen IMO, one of the first times I see a replay with Smith involved and thought he was giving as much as he got.
That penalty shout on 10:19 - Mar 7 with 16201 viewssparkes12

I am ST lower loft and yes I was there,me and my daughter pretty much had a row to ourself. The smith penalty was nailed on as was fouled by 2 derby players, the ref was awful and how the lino didn't see freeman being wrestled to the ground right in front of him go only knows.
That penalty shout on 10:24 - Mar 7 with 16183 viewsW7Ranger

Only 1 penalty awarded since the opening day.

That's crazy when you think of the treatment Smith gets and the trickery of Freeman when he gets in the box.
That penalty shout on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 16180 viewsNorthernr

The Smith one looked blatant to me.
That penalty shout on 10:26 - Mar 7 with 16173 viewsTripleR

It was a penalty all day long. It's astonishing that the ref or the linesman didn't see it.
It was the same against Forest, stonewall penalty against Smith not given.
We had a great view of both in SA road stand.
That penalty shout on 10:28 - Mar 7 with 16159 viewsTacticalR

That penalty shout on 09:20 - Mar 7 by TheChef

Looked pretty clear to me he was more or less wrestled to the ground.

I think Smith could play the rest of his career and never get a penalty.

It's one of the lesser-known rules in the FA handbook that Smith can't get a penalty.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

That penalty shout on 10:29 - Mar 7 with 16154 viewsqprd

I hate to be the dissenter, but I feel like smith sometimes chucks himself to the ground too easily in the box
That penalty shout on 10:37 - Mar 7 with 16138 viewsNorthernr

That penalty shout on 10:29 - Mar 7 by qprd

I hate to be the dissenter, but I feel like smith sometimes chucks himself to the ground too easily in the box

Yeh he does, but I didn't think that was the case last night - got the wrong side of his man and his man knew it, blatant haul back.
That penalty shout on 11:10 - Mar 7 with 16061 viewsdannyblue

And...

Wonder why mass managed to rise so majesticly? Bidwell blocked off his marker. Could easily have been disallowed.

For the freeman incident, freeman had his arm and pulled him down on top of himself like Paul Furlong and Grant Holt used to do.
That penalty shout on 11:12 - Mar 7 with 16059 viewsBlackandGoldR

I was pretty much in line with it in R block, looked a stonewall pen, haven't seen it back yet though.
I'm not surprised anymore, Smith gets nothing. He mentioned on the official podcast (I think) that refs have told him "you're bigger than them" which is just ridiculous, a foul is a foul and sometimes the centre backs are the same size anyway.
Who would take the pens now anyway? I've seen Bidwell score a couple, Freeman maybe?
That penalty shout on 11:17 - Mar 7 with 16033 viewsdannyblue

I also realised that we've had very few free kicks from shooting positions this season. I wonder if it's part of the same anti-big man bias. Or testament to the fact we don't tend to have much possession around the edge of the box.
That penalty shout on 11:28 - Mar 7 with 15999 viewsnix

That penalty shout on 11:12 - Mar 7 by BlackandGoldR

I was pretty much in line with it in R block, looked a stonewall pen, haven't seen it back yet though.
I'm not surprised anymore, Smith gets nothing. He mentioned on the official podcast (I think) that refs have told him "you're bigger than them" which is just ridiculous, a foul is a foul and sometimes the centre backs are the same size anyway.
Who would take the pens now anyway? I've seen Bidwell score a couple, Freeman maybe?

Yesterday’s centre backs were alll pretty big and didn’t look at all overwhelmed physically by Smith. But the ref seemed more worried about protecting them, giving them several freekicks when it looked 50-50, for instance. One of their defenders clearly throws himself to the ground, when we score, presumably to win a free kick as there seems no reason for him to fall over - our attacker is moving away from him.

Meanwhile we didn’t seem to be protected at all. They only had three bookings when there were some shocking tackles going on. Even when advantage has been played, there is no reason why the ref can’t book the player once the game comes to a natural break.
That penalty shout on 11:57 - Mar 7 with 15935 viewsstowmarketrange

I was in the lower loft but I can’t say one way or the other for certain.But I do know that Smith gets pulled and held virtually every time a cross comes in and the ref doesn’t see it.They’re normally extra quick to give them against our players in the opponents penalty area.Especially last night when he gave them 2 free kicks in a minute for very little.
I’ve tended to watch what happens in the 6 yard box at every corner rather than watch the corner taker and some of the stuff that goes on is unbelievable.Yet the refs normally penalise the attacking side.
That penalty shout on 14:51 - Mar 7 with 15728 views1MoreBrightonR

was a ways off last night but looked like one. what made me think it was nailed on was that although he sometimes does go down easily, he would have scored last night if he hadnt, and he doesnt usually pass up on chances like that.
That penalty shout on 15:15 - Mar 7 with 15681 viewsDejR_vu

That penalty shout on 11:12 - Mar 7 by BlackandGoldR

That's pretty outrageous if true. Does that mean if someone's up against somebody faster he can trip him up to even things up?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

That penalty shout on 15:42 - Mar 7 with 15629 viewsPinnerPaul

That penalty shout on 10:37 - Mar 7 by Northernr

Yeh he does, but I didn't think that was the case last night - got the wrong side of his man and his man knew it, blatant haul back.

Didn't have a clear view live but on replay........

He DID get 'wrong' side of his man, but only by hauling the Derby man back, then he DID get pulled back slightly, and then (understandably given the history!) made a bit of a meal of it and went down.

Think this is the difficulty with Smith, he gives out as much as he gets.

Couple of times in 1st half he is furiously claiming a pen, while the Derby players were screaming for a foul!
That penalty shout on 15:47 - Mar 7 with 15617 viewsPinnerPaul

That penalty shout on 11:28 - Mar 7 by nix

Yesterday’s centre backs were alll pretty big and didn’t look at all overwhelmed physically by Smith. But the ref seemed more worried about protecting them, giving them several freekicks when it looked 50-50, for instance. One of their defenders clearly throws himself to the ground, when we score, presumably to win a free kick as there seems no reason for him to fall over - our attacker is moving away from him.

Meanwhile we didn’t seem to be protected at all. They only had three bookings when there were some shocking tackles going on. Even when advantage has been played, there is no reason why the ref can’t book the player once the game comes to a natural break.

He DID do that in the 2nd half for the attempt to decapitate Robinson!

I DID think they deserved 1 or 2 more yellows than they got though.
That penalty shout on 15:53 - Mar 7 with 15608 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am in the front row in MU and in all honesty Smith pulled the Derby defender to move him and the defender retaliated by grabbing Smith by the neck... a clear penalty if the first offence hadn't been by Smith. I can only think the ref thought it was six of one, half a dozen of the other. The Bidwell one looked a better shout to me but would have been soft.

The grass is always greener.

That penalty shout on 15:55 - Mar 7 with 15605 viewsPinnerPaul

That penalty shout on 15:53 - Mar 7 by Esox_Lucius

I am in the front row in MU and in all honesty Smith pulled the Derby defender to move him and the defender retaliated by grabbing Smith by the neck... a clear penalty if the first offence hadn't been by Smith. I can only think the ref thought it was six of one, half a dozen of the other. The Bidwell one looked a better shout to me but would have been soft.

Glad my 'VAR' review matched your live one!
That penalty shout on 17:24 - Mar 7 with 15499 viewsHarbour

That penalty shout on 15:53 - Mar 7 by Esox_Lucius

Interesting point I was in third row mu right behind the goal I did not see smith pulling the derby defender I might have been looking at the cross I definitely saw smith being wrestled to the ground looked clear pen but as you say if smithy pulled him .....he never seems to get a decision. He looked knackered second half can not fault his desire.
That penalty shout on 17:24 - Mar 7 with 15498 viewsBoston

That penalty shout on 10:29 - Mar 7 by qprd

We don’t need fans like you squire.😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

That penalty shout on 09:20 - Mar 8 with 15225 viewstoboboly

That penalty shout on 15:55 - Mar 7 by PinnerPaul

Glad my 'VAR' review matched your live one!

Scowen, I think, was drgged down right in front of the Ellerslie lino and ref and play was waved on, they were giving Derby free reign all over the pitch.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

That penalty shout on 13:37 - Mar 8 with 15113 viewsMatch82

That penalty shout on 15:15 - Mar 7 by DejR_vu

That's pretty outrageous if true. Does that mean if someone's up against somebody faster he can trip him up to even things up?

Presumably it works both ways, so we can just send Smyth into the box and the ref will just award us a penalty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024