Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian deserves better! 16:16 - May 10 with 14178 viewsconnell10

Shabby treatment by the club in my book! Good luck olly love ya❤️❤️❤️

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ian deserves better! on 17:54 - May 10 with 2010 viewsA40Bosh

Ian deserves better! on 16:33 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

I think he did a decent job under extremely difficult budgetary and financial conditions and the fact that he was a Rangers man should have had a bearing on how we treat him. Whether our first team plays in the Championship or the South West Sussex Conference Division 3b, our club should have ethics and a code of honour and lining up a replacement for one of our own behind his back and then binning him after he did the job you asked him to do is piss-poor.

Thing is Brian I don't buy that he was not up to speed on what was going on - perhaps I am being naive and a bit too trusting of the processes that go in place. I would like to think that they had initial talks with him in the last couple of weeks and let it be known that they needed to move things to another level, felt that he was not the right man to do that and were going to look for someone else. They then go off and find Schteve whilst the lawyers begin negotiations for the payoff and exit conditions. Then once McClaren was signed on the dotted line, Ollie gets brought back in to finalise the departure.

I am normally a very sentimental and empathetic person, but I think the Wilkins thing has been overstated a bit too much. Fair enough his mum has passed away and that is terrible and obviously terrible timing, but these people are business people and I have have said all along that, if not actually TF himself, then the board as an entity want us back challenging for the Premier League asap and they just don't think Ollie is the man to do it - so make the change now, bad timing or not!

Football is a business, we are all the worse off for it, but business is business.

I do wish Ollie all the best.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Ian deserves better! on 17:57 - May 10 with 1995 viewsJigsore

Ian deserves better! on 17:40 - May 10 by QPR_John

Do you really think any club that dispenses with the services of its manager has not already made efforts to arrange a replacement.

there's a big difference between having a shortlist and having succession talks while IH is still here

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ian deserves better! on 18:06 - May 10 with 1954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ian deserves better! on 17:54 - May 10 by A40Bosh

Thing is Brian I don't buy that he was not up to speed on what was going on - perhaps I am being naive and a bit too trusting of the processes that go in place. I would like to think that they had initial talks with him in the last couple of weeks and let it be known that they needed to move things to another level, felt that he was not the right man to do that and were going to look for someone else. They then go off and find Schteve whilst the lawyers begin negotiations for the payoff and exit conditions. Then once McClaren was signed on the dotted line, Ollie gets brought back in to finalise the departure.

I am normally a very sentimental and empathetic person, but I think the Wilkins thing has been overstated a bit too much. Fair enough his mum has passed away and that is terrible and obviously terrible timing, but these people are business people and I have have said all along that, if not actually TF himself, then the board as an entity want us back challenging for the Premier League asap and they just don't think Ollie is the man to do it - so make the change now, bad timing or not!

Football is a business, we are all the worse off for it, but business is business.

I do wish Ollie all the best.

You might be right Bosh that Holloway knew what was coming but his post-match comments after Leeds suggested the exact opposite.

I agree the effects of Wilkins passing away have been slightly exaggerated in some quarters.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ian deserves better! on 18:08 - May 10 with 1949 viewsrobith

Kinda sucks that we got to do big goodbyes to Ned and Jamie but not Olly if they were planning to bin him imo
Ian deserves better! on 18:09 - May 10 with 1946 viewsChurchie

Shame we can't sack some of the supporters. Ollie deserved better.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 18:15]
Ian deserves better! on 18:10 - May 10 with 1937 viewsNW10Hoop

Not knocking the board at all. Love Olly, grateful for all he has done, but onwards and hopefully upwards
Ian deserves better! on 18:22 - May 10 with 1904 viewsSharpy36

"Olly should now definitely go in the close season as I think today proved he ain’t got a scoobies at times!! We were awful!!"

Got your wish Connell

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Ian deserves better! on 18:59 - May 10 with 1826 viewsbaz_qpr

I like Ian Holloway and this season has been better than last year, however:

1 year on the contract left they had to either give a new contract or change and they've chosen the latter. There is no room for personal sentiment.

We've improved by 3 points this season, if that level of improvement continues it will take a decade to challenge in this league.

Now I have a little bit of insight into the club from a friend who used to work there and is still close to their ex colleagues so I hear bits and pieces about how the club is run. First and foremost TF is the PR front. Ruben is the key decision maker with Hoos. Secondly there is a view held widely not just by the board that Ollie does not have the long term strategic approach to take the club forward. It was no suprise to me to hear the view that it was felt he is a good man manager and good on the day but too erratic and they need someone who is going to develop the likes of Eze and Smyth etc into desirable players. The appeal I would imagine of a McLaren is that as a coach he is regarded as one of the best, and this comes down to whether you want an instant gratification First Team manager ala Warnock, Holloway, Arry or whether you want a club builder which is what they desired from Hughes, Ramsey, etc

Costs are being cut drastically and because of FFP, the loss of parachute payments and until the ground is sorted and we can compete with the likes of Derby or even Fulham the model is to club build by developing players ala Southampton and fund the club that way. i.e Eze needs to become a £15m player to cover the loss of parachute for us just to stand still.

As with any manager there is huge risk in whoever they appoint and there is also a risk in sticking minus 6pts from where we are and we could be down next season.
Login to get fewer ads

Ian deserves better! on 19:04 - May 10 with 1822 viewsPunteR

So the board employ a well loved QPR man to manage our club then sack him halfway through his contract. And TF wonders why he gets stick on twitter. ?

Well Pony Tony has done it again. Raised expectations, raised the bar for the next manager and done absolutely zero to help .
Ollie had a good job at Sky, he seemed happy. All he wanted to do is have the opportunity to manage the club he loves and help the club get back on its feet after the shambles its been. And this is how we treat the man.
I'm sorry but TF is an absolute tosspot.
I really hope Mclaren does well but if this doesnt work out TF needs to go.
Thats 3 managers now that have all pretty much done what was asked of them, working in extremely tough circumstances and been sacked for being average.
I cant help but think why the hell did TF employ Ramsey when we were still just about in the prem?
TF comes across to me as a user. Putting people in the firing line without any consideration for how it affects them. Ramsey was up first and got absolute pelters. How the hell was he going to keep us up and then once relegated get us promoted again in the first season?. Stitch up . Then came the young manager JFH, someone who legitimately wanted to be a good manager and not just on some former player ego trip. TF coming on the podcast saying that they thought because he was a striker his teams would score goals is absurd. Look at his stats at his previous club Tony you f@kwit. JFH time here has put a massive dent in his career. Stitch up.
Now Ollie. There were times where i actually worried about Ollie before he came here. It was quite clear to me that the fella was emotionally drained from football hence going into the tv studio. This was one of my concerns when TF employed him. What will we do to him?. I remember Ollies first interview on the offish . The amount of love and respect he gave this club was a joy to watch, and almost got me choked up myself. God bless ya Ollie.
But here we are 18 months later. Ollie just another manager sacked.
This was handled appallingly.
Yes, i agree Ian Holloway deserved better.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ian deserves better! on 19:05 - May 10 with 1820 viewsessextaxiboy

Ian deserves better! on 17:27 - May 10 by QPR_John

I would never question another supporter although I have read a post on another board hoping Holloway returns next season with another club and gets three points. But you cannot support Holloway for emotional reasons. If you think the club would be better with him as manager than fine but that is the only criteria in weighing up whether he should go or not. If you think a different manager could take he club forward then you are doing a disservice to club wanting Holloway to remain as manager simply because of his attachment to the club. Many have said if Holloway wanted to go then that is OK but if sacked than his going is unacceptable. The logic of that is that he stays for as long as he wants because for some he is unsackable. If he stayed for one more season what then what would govern whether to give him a new contract or not. A three point improvement on this season a few place higher in the league some seem to think that is progress this season.

Would there be such an outpouring of anger if it was not Holloway.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 17:31]

I think he deserved at least until January,

Whats not getting mentioned is the crippling injuries to every central defender we had at the same time for 10 to 12 games . Baptiste signed for cover and played every game for weeks and weeks .

His only other signing was Scowen , pitch that against all of the other teams going for "10th".
Ian deserves better! on 19:10 - May 10 with 1803 viewsdachiltern

Disgraceful handling by the club.

Good luck Ollie and thanks for the good times and stood by you in the rough times.
Ian deserves better! on 19:36 - May 10 with 1725 viewsnix

Very disappointed with this decision. After having got us through the worst of the transition, through some really rough times, as things are starting to settle and he’s got a good group of ‘the right sort’ they bin him.

Fed up with the lack of continuity.

On the merry go round again. How long is the next poor sap going to have?

Hope we at least get to say thanks for everything at LR at some point. Also hope he doesn’t now hate us.

Feel this a bit personally as well as he’s been so generous to my family with his time.
Ian deserves better! on 19:45 - May 10 with 1697 viewsMrSheen

I genuinely have no idea if this is a good idea or not, but I feel very sorry for a man who gave us his all. I will remember Holloway with gratitude and affection, however it works out, for him and the club.
Ian deserves better! on 20:04 - May 10 with 1649 viewsenfieldargh

This is football, shyte like this happens.

I was not really a Olly fan of olly's recent tenure but think he was the best option at the time. The thought of changing managers again fills me with dread.

Olly would have been well aware and I think his pride will have been hurt by the team under-performing.

But he came into this job knowing that it may end in tears and I think he can hold his head up high.

Lets see what Olly has to say about his sacking, he must have known.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Ian deserves better! on 20:09 - May 10 with 1635 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Going to give all things QPR a miss for a while, this has got right on my tits.

Got nothing against McClaren and I’ll support him to the hilt but really thought we’d got over this kind of behaviour.

When the inevitable happens I hope it’s Holloway that announces it on SSN.
Ian deserves better! on 20:13 - May 10 with 1615 viewsQPR_John

Ian deserves better! on 17:57 - May 10 by Jigsore

there's a big difference between having a shortlist and having succession talks while IH is still here

So you make a short list, sack the manager with no replacement signed on, then hope one off the short list accepts the job. Sounds sensible
[Post edited 10 May 2018 20:14]
Ian deserves better! on 20:14 - May 10 with 1607 viewsrsonist

Just trying to imagine the reaction on here if Ollie had stayed on, full summer preseason etc, we'd struggled, and once he'd left TF came out and said "well to be honest the management structure decided that Ollie was the wrong man to take us forward but then Ray and his mum died so we didn't bother".
Ian deserves better! on 20:16 - May 10 with 1597 viewspaulparker

Ian deserves better! on 20:09 - May 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Going to give all things QPR a miss for a while, this has got right on my tits.

Got nothing against McClaren and I’ll support him to the hilt but really thought we’d got over this kind of behaviour.

When the inevitable happens I hope it’s Holloway that announces it on SSN.

Thats how I feel , totally disgusted with the club that we have done this again to a decent fella not once but now twice , especially since he lost his old mum(family club my arris ) the other week not to mention poor old Birch getting the sack after giving up a decent job in America to come home to us
Tony Fernades could fcuk peoples wives , steal there life savings and still they would support him ,as ive said before we are getting the owners WE deserve

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Ian deserves better! on 20:18 - May 10 with 1590 viewsQPR_John

Ian deserves better! on 20:16 - May 10 by paulparker

Thats how I feel , totally disgusted with the club that we have done this again to a decent fella not once but now twice , especially since he lost his old mum(family club my arris ) the other week not to mention poor old Birch getting the sack after giving up a decent job in America to come home to us
Tony Fernades could fcuk peoples wives , steal there life savings and still they would support him ,as ive said before we are getting the owners WE deserve

".... Birch getting the sack after giving up a decent job in America to come home to us ". That happened and it will always be the case it happened so Bircham only leaves when he wants to.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 20:31]
Ian deserves better! on 20:37 - May 10 with 1532 viewsessextaxiboy

Ian deserves better! on 20:14 - May 10 by rsonist

Just trying to imagine the reaction on here if Ollie had stayed on, full summer preseason etc, we'd struggled, and once he'd left TF came out and said "well to be honest the management structure decided that Ollie was the wrong man to take us forward but then Ray and his mum died so we didn't bother".

All we could accuse him of would be that he let compassion and decency affect his thinking .

Not a bad thing to get pelters for IMO
Ian deserves better! on 20:42 - May 10 with 1508 viewsbaz_qpr

Ian deserves better! on 20:16 - May 10 by paulparker

I suspect the decision was made some time ago, hence why Ramsey went in temporarily as first team coach a few months ago, they have to do what they think is best for the club that is there primary duty of care
Ian deserves better! on 20:54 - May 10 with 1474 viewssmegma

I doubt Ollie will ever have to work again.
Ian deserves better! on 20:58 - May 10 with 1458 viewsPunteR

Ian deserves better! on 20:54 - May 10 by smegma

I doubt Ollie will ever have to work again.

Do you know what compensation he's getting ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ian deserves better! on 21:01 - May 10 with 1440 viewsQPR_John

Ian deserves better! on 19:05 - May 10 by essextaxiboy

I think he deserved at least until January,

Whats not getting mentioned is the crippling injuries to every central defender we had at the same time for 10 to 12 games . Baptiste signed for cover and played every game for weeks and weeks .

His only other signing was Scowen , pitch that against all of the other teams going for "10th".

"I think he deserved at least until January, "

I think that would be the worse of both worlds. It's obvious I am not Holloways biggest fan but had he started the season then he would have had to finish it.
Ian deserves better! on 21:03 - May 10 with 1421 viewsbaz_qpr

Ian deserves better! on 21:01 - May 10 by QPR_John

"I think he deserved at least until January, "

I think that would be the worse of both worlds. It's obvious I am not Holloways biggest fan but had he started the season then he would have had to finish it.

If he started the season it would have to be with a new extended contract, could not go into the season with players and inbound signings not knowing the direction
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024