Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? 19:28 - Jun 18 with 4497 viewsbosh67

Standing around. WTF?

Bloody Keogh's commentary is embarrassing.

Apart from that..

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:55 - Jun 18 with 1719 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thought we played well today. First half excellent. Second half, not so good, but Tunisia had less willingness to attack than any side this tournament - no ambition even to get out heir half. That's tough. Yes, missed too many chances, should've had two pens, but got the win. Good.
I like Sterling and quite often young players take a while to get going at international level (Rio had years of people saying he was too accident prone before he became our mainstay), but he's the chnage I'd make for Panama, with Rashford coming in - possibly even Vardy too.
Walker was playing as the last man in answer to Bosh, because of his pace. Shame, as we like to see him bomb forward, but his role is to use his pace to get us out of trouble on a break, which makes sense in most games, just not against Tunisia!
It's funny. Iceland got all the praise in the world for 'frustrating' Argentina. Tunisia will get nothing - it's always just how crap england are.

Bare bones.

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:58 - Jun 18 with 1719 viewsNortholt_Rs

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:51 - Jun 18 by danehoop

I agree.

I think it is interesting that Southgate has made a point of the fact that he saw this job as an extension of his work with largely the same group of players since they were under 21's. He has faith in a lot of young players like Loftus Cheek, Trippier, McGuire, Lingaard (i thought he played well tonight) Rashford and co. Felt that showed tonight with his willingness to take off "big names" and go with players who he knows that can deliver what he wants. Thought Loftus Cheek brought real bite and urgency back into the midfield when he replaced Ali. The latter seemed much less effective after taking a knock late in the first half (possibly a dead leg) but I wondered if they shouldnt have made that change earlier.

At the end of the day, despite the bi-polar nature of some of the comments on here, it was a good work out which England showed a bit more mettle and belief than in previous years. Some things to be encouraged by going forwards, where with Kane you always know you have a chance of scoring.

At the back, England always look like they might leak a goal, but that has been the case since Des Walker and Paul Parker hung up their boots.

As for the Sterling comments, he is difficult not to play given the season he has had for Man City where his pace and guile has translated into real goal threat. Think he possibly is just lacking in confidence rather than capability at international level, but what he does do is stretch defences and cause constant problems. Rashford may well be a better option to start with against Panama though and then bring on Sterling later in the game once defences are tiring.

Ultimately it's a win in the first fixture in the world cup against what could have been very difficult opponents. At this stage it's all about chasing qualification for the next stage. Get a result against Panama and that's job done.

Spot on m8!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 23:26 - Jun 18 with 1620 viewsFDC

Re Stirling he really is frustrating to watch on the ball, but probably does enough just by stretching defenders with the threat of his pace to earn a place in the side. After Kane he's probably the other player that could really do with a goal against Panama to gain some confidence.

I like this England side, and enjoyed seeing Southgate celebrate. We do look vulnerable at the back though. It's nice seeing England playing it out, but when Tunisia were pressing high up in the first half you could see the potential for a mistake. And I'm not sure about Walker as a CB, as much as I like him.

Edit: also I don't think I realised what a squeaky voice Kyle Walker had
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 23:27]
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 01:01 - Jun 19 with 1542 viewsjoolsyp

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:55 - Jun 18 by Antti_Heinola

Thought we played well today. First half excellent. Second half, not so good, but Tunisia had less willingness to attack than any side this tournament - no ambition even to get out heir half. That's tough. Yes, missed too many chances, should've had two pens, but got the win. Good.
I like Sterling and quite often young players take a while to get going at international level (Rio had years of people saying he was too accident prone before he became our mainstay), but he's the chnage I'd make for Panama, with Rashford coming in - possibly even Vardy too.
Walker was playing as the last man in answer to Bosh, because of his pace. Shame, as we like to see him bomb forward, but his role is to use his pace to get us out of trouble on a break, which makes sense in most games, just not against Tunisia!
It's funny. Iceland got all the praise in the world for 'frustrating' Argentina. Tunisia will get nothing - it's always just how crap england are.

"Walker was playing as the last man in answer to Bosh, because of his pace. Shame, as we like to see him bomb forward, but his role is to use his pace to get us out of trouble on a break ..."

That's pretty much how we used him when he was on loan with us!

A decent defence always need at least one Walker. It worries me that we have said goodbye to Onuoha as he was the closest to this kind of defender we had.
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 05:05 - Jun 19 with 1500 viewssmegma

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 23:26 - Jun 18 by FDC

Re Stirling he really is frustrating to watch on the ball, but probably does enough just by stretching defenders with the threat of his pace to earn a place in the side. After Kane he's probably the other player that could really do with a goal against Panama to gain some confidence.

I like this England side, and enjoyed seeing Southgate celebrate. We do look vulnerable at the back though. It's nice seeing England playing it out, but when Tunisia were pressing high up in the first half you could see the potential for a mistake. And I'm not sure about Walker as a CB, as much as I like him.

Edit: also I don't think I realised what a squeaky voice Kyle Walker had
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 23:27]

The only thing Sterling stretches is everyone's patience. Both Rashford and Loftus-Cheek caused more problems for Tunisia than Raheem did.
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 06:53 - Jun 19 with 1442 viewsdistortR

i watched a different game to most of you.

Some great stuff early on against a team who are no mugs, then things went against them, a young team, but they kept going and deservedly got the win.
18 shots, 8 on target, against a well organised team who came to defend isn't bad, but yes, we need to be more punishing in front of goal.

as for Sterling, disappointing tonight but I thought he looked really dangerous against Nigeria
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 07:00 - Jun 19 with 1433 viewsdavman

Amazing how far this thread has come without anyone reacting to bosh's 'irony' on the commentator's name! I could get to laugh every time he opened his mouth if it was Richard and not Martin Keown.,.

Nice work, bosh...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 15:32 - Jun 19 with 1244 viewsqprrunner

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:51 - Jun 18 by Stanisgod

At the end of the day, Walker isn't a centre half. Should be in instead of Trippier. Sterling yet again shite. Never seen a player run into people so much. But a win against a bunch of cheats and a ref who was obviously sampling his countries main export before the game I'll take all day.

No he's not a centre back but he can play there and with how England want to play he is quite suited to the role. Trippier was probably MOTM so you wouldn't want to take him out the side.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 15:35 - Jun 19 with 1238 viewsqprrunner

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 06:53 - Jun 19 by distortR

i watched a different game to most of you.

Some great stuff early on against a team who are no mugs, then things went against them, a young team, but they kept going and deservedly got the win.
18 shots, 8 on target, against a well organised team who came to defend isn't bad, but yes, we need to be more punishing in front of goal.

as for Sterling, disappointing tonight but I thought he looked really dangerous against Nigeria

Top post! Couldn't agree more!!
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 16:32 - Jun 19 with 1184 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 21:51 - Jun 18 by danehoop

I agree.

I think it is interesting that Southgate has made a point of the fact that he saw this job as an extension of his work with largely the same group of players since they were under 21's. He has faith in a lot of young players like Loftus Cheek, Trippier, McGuire, Lingaard (i thought he played well tonight) Rashford and co. Felt that showed tonight with his willingness to take off "big names" and go with players who he knows that can deliver what he wants. Thought Loftus Cheek brought real bite and urgency back into the midfield when he replaced Ali. The latter seemed much less effective after taking a knock late in the first half (possibly a dead leg) but I wondered if they shouldnt have made that change earlier.

At the end of the day, despite the bi-polar nature of some of the comments on here, it was a good work out which England showed a bit more mettle and belief than in previous years. Some things to be encouraged by going forwards, where with Kane you always know you have a chance of scoring.

At the back, England always look like they might leak a goal, but that has been the case since Des Walker and Paul Parker hung up their boots.

As for the Sterling comments, he is difficult not to play given the season he has had for Man City where his pace and guile has translated into real goal threat. Think he possibly is just lacking in confidence rather than capability at international level, but what he does do is stretch defences and cause constant problems. Rashford may well be a better option to start with against Panama though and then bring on Sterling later in the game once defences are tiring.

Ultimately it's a win in the first fixture in the world cup against what could have been very difficult opponents. At this stage it's all about chasing qualification for the next stage. Get a result against Panama and that's job done.

This.

It would be great to be in a situation where we are breeding through our own managers and coaches as well as players. Southgate first of many hopefully.

This is the first glimpse of the fruits of St Georges Park.

Never thought I'd say this, but well done The FA.
WTF is Kyle Walker doing out there tonight? on 20:29 - Jun 19 with 1074 viewssmegma

The recent game against Nigeria was a great run out and test for a game like last night. In both games we didn't play as good in the second half as we did in the first. In both games our keeper wasn't really tested yet some people gave England stick for not scoring 5 or 6 goals. We won both games 2-1. And deservedly so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024