Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every midweek QPR game on Sky 08:03 - Jul 31 with 12536 viewsmikeygunn

Apologies if posted already but every midweek QPR game will be on sky via the red button. This is pretty good for those that cant travel midweek. Details on the 'how to follow the efl' segment on the sky sport website. Also means there will likely be streams for those that look out for such things!

In other non related news, I play really old games and was playing Modern Warfare 3 the other day (2011) and QPR v Wolves was on telly in a baddies house. True story.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:25 - Jul 31 with 10262 viewsLythamR

I guess thats good news for some but bad news for others

I suspect it will impact on midweek fixture attendances and for those who are abroad it will impact as the games probably wont be able to be shown through the live stream.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:32 - Jul 31 with 10221 viewsconnell10

Sky are a bunch of kunts!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:36 - Jul 31 with 10209 viewssmegma

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:32 - Jul 31 by connell10

Sky are a bunch of kunts!

That's why I don't have Sky.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:49 - Jul 31 with 10159 viewsElHoop

I don't know whether the club will be happy about this. I'm not sure that anyone outside of the club knows how many QPR + subscribers we have and where they think that those subscribers live. This could be a big income source for the club but I guess that much depends on the future direction of the rules and TV deals.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 09:05 - Jul 31 with 10073 viewssmegma

Didn't Quest say they are having all midweek games on free to air highlights programmes ???
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 10:21 - Jul 31 with 9880 viewsHarbour

Is this highlights usually shown after the game is over. They did this last year. Be surprised if every midweek game is shown live......if so will be a big change....is it just qpr midweek games or other teams as well?
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 10:28 - Jul 31 with 9851 viewsStanisgod

Home and away?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:25 - Jul 31 with 9732 viewsRamseyR

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-
Login to get fewer ads

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:28 - Jul 31 with 9725 viewsLythamR

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 10:28 - Jul 31 by Stanisgod

Home and away?

yes

To Quote Sky Sports
"There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.

That means you'll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11453079/sky-bet-efl-on-sky-sports-
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:40 - Jul 31 with 9676 viewsHarbour

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:28 - Jul 31 by LythamR

yes

To Quote Sky Sports
"There are eight rounds of midweek Sky Bet Championship matches this season and Sky Sports Football will broadcast matches live on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

And as part of a brand new service, Sky Sports viewers will be able to press the red button and watch live coverage of ANY of the matches being played.

That means you'll be able to watch YOUR team live when they play in midweek, no matter which Sky Bet Championship club you support."

Thanks for clarifying that is a big change...hope it does not hit mid week attendances a full house under the lights creates a fantastic atmosphere at LR...another reason to hate sky
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:53 - Jul 31 with 9613 viewskingsburyR

Nice idea but will totally fu(k up attendances!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:57 - Jul 31 with 9595 viewsmakaveli1882

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:40 - Jul 31 by Harbour

Thanks for clarifying that is a big change...hope it does not hit mid week attendances a full house under the lights creates a fantastic atmosphere at LR...another reason to hate sky

Not sure if I have taken the fixtures down wrong but looks like we only have two away midweek games before the end of the year Reading and Rotherham, the Reading game will probably be on sky for the 19th time.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:59 - Jul 31 with 9589 viewsRedAsh

Why watch on sky when you can buy the midweek games (£5 per game I think) from the club, even if your based in the UK.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:04 - Jul 31 with 9571 viewsAntti_Heinola

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:53 - Jul 31 by kingsburyR

Nice idea but will totally fu(k up attendances!

maybe away attendances for long distance games, but otherwise i doubt it. Think that's a bit of a myth.

Bare bones.

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:07 - Jul 31 with 9564 viewsRs_Holy

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:36 - Jul 31 by smegma

That's why I don't have Sky.

the only reason I have Sky is because of their coverage of the Championship. From a content point of view its spot on. ie about 1/2 an hour build up and 1/2 an hour interviews at the end.
Everything else on Sky Sports is tedious, bloated, uninteresting rubbish. Lots of needless analysis and interviews asking stupidly obvious questions.
Having dedicated channels for Premier League footy and F1 motor racing has provided us with the likes of 'Teds Notebook' where a reporter walks around the pit lane when all the teams are trying to pack up and go home, or the Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher love in where they talk endlessly about a game between ManUre and Liverpool they both played in from 2003.
The other unforgivable thing is charging £20 extra for a boxing match which isnt even a World Title fight. You pay your £20 and gamble on it being worth watching whilst still having to sit through endless adverts and more tedious analysis stating the bleed'n obvious.... As soon as they loose live Championship footy I'm offski!
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:56 - Jul 31 with 9399 viewsdaveB

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:04 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

maybe away attendances for long distance games, but otherwise i doubt it. Think that's a bit of a myth.

It will affect attendances. Just a small number but I sit with 3 season ticket holders from Cambridge who struggle with mid week games but if they are on TV they'd be mad to struggle to Loftus Road on a cold tuesday night when they can watch it at home.

Will more affect away attendances, unless it's a big game you'd be mad to travel upto Blackburn or wherever on a tuesday night when you can watch it at home or in the pub
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:26 - Jul 31 with 9257 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:56 - Jul 31 by daveB

It will affect attendances. Just a small number but I sit with 3 season ticket holders from Cambridge who struggle with mid week games but if they are on TV they'd be mad to struggle to Loftus Road on a cold tuesday night when they can watch it at home.

Will more affect away attendances, unless it's a big game you'd be mad to travel upto Blackburn or wherever on a tuesday night when you can watch it at home or in the pub

Looking at it like that you’d be mad to be a QPR fan full stop. However we all are.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:39 - Jul 31 with 9169 viewsswisscottage

Is this available to Virgin Subscribers with the Sky Sports Pack ?
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:44 - Jul 31 with 9161 viewsqprjeff1882

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:59 - Jul 31 by RedAsh

Why watch on sky when you can buy the midweek games (£5 per game I think) from the club, even if your based in the UK.

I was watching QPR+ last season from the UK and they kept on cutting the stream and giving me commentary only. They emailed me and said they had detected i was using a vpn and threatened to ban me and close my QPR account if i carried on stating it was ONLY for the use of overseas fans so in turn i stopped watching and they got less money.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 9132 viewsQPR_Jim

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 12:07 - Jul 31 by Rs_Holy

the only reason I have Sky is because of their coverage of the Championship. From a content point of view its spot on. ie about 1/2 an hour build up and 1/2 an hour interviews at the end.
Everything else on Sky Sports is tedious, bloated, uninteresting rubbish. Lots of needless analysis and interviews asking stupidly obvious questions.
Having dedicated channels for Premier League footy and F1 motor racing has provided us with the likes of 'Teds Notebook' where a reporter walks around the pit lane when all the teams are trying to pack up and go home, or the Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher love in where they talk endlessly about a game between ManUre and Liverpool they both played in from 2003.
The other unforgivable thing is charging £20 extra for a boxing match which isnt even a World Title fight. You pay your £20 and gamble on it being worth watching whilst still having to sit through endless adverts and more tedious analysis stating the bleed'n obvious.... As soon as they loose live Championship footy I'm offski!

Oi! I like Teds Notebook, sums up some of the things happening lower down the order often missed during the race. I'd sooner give up the driver interviews where they never say what they really think anyway.

On the football, their coverage of Championship football is good and I will be watching mid-week now rather than sitting there wishing I worked in London so I could attend.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:58 - Jul 31 with 9091 viewsRedAsh

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 13:44 - Jul 31 by qprjeff1882

I was watching QPR+ last season from the UK and they kept on cutting the stream and giving me commentary only. They emailed me and said they had detected i was using a vpn and threatened to ban me and close my QPR account if i carried on stating it was ONLY for the use of overseas fans so in turn i stopped watching and they got less money.

New deal for this season. Offy says that a small number of games are available for domestic supporters.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 14:42 - Jul 31 with 8943 viewsToast_R

For someone who doesn't go that much anymore for a number of reasons, it's a right touch. Almost makes the Sky subscription worth while.

I can see the negative side to it, but the clubs can't moan when they're taking Sky's money every season and taking the p*ss with their own ticket prices.

[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:44]
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 15:02 - Jul 31 with 8875 viewsterryb

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 11:57 - Jul 31 by makaveli1882

Not sure if I have taken the fixtures down wrong but looks like we only have two away midweek games before the end of the year Reading and Rotherham, the Reading game will probably be on sky for the 19th time.

Providing I've looked at the fixture correctly, our eight midweek matches that would be covered by this are:-

Home

Bristol City 21/8
Millwall 19/9 - main Sky match
Sheffield Wednesday 23/10
Rotherham 13/3

Away

Reading 2/10
Rotherham 27/11
Bristol City 13/2
Millwall 10/4

That looks like the EFL have reduced the long travelling midweek matches this season & would not greatly reduce the away support for three of the games at Loftus Road.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:07]
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 15:47 - Jul 31 with 8715 viewsjonno

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 08:25 - Jul 31 by LythamR

I guess thats good news for some but bad news for others

I suspect it will impact on midweek fixture attendances and for those who are abroad it will impact as the games probably wont be able to be shown through the live stream.

Exactly. Interesting to see that the Club already took their £115 from me for this season a little while ago before this was announced. Whilst I can get Sky Sports here in Cyprus I'm not sure about the availability of the "red button". May mean there will be some games I cannot see - despite paying the Club to view them.
Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 15:53 - Jul 31 with 8696 viewsNorthernr

Every midweek QPR game on Sky on 15:02 - Jul 31 by terryb

Providing I've looked at the fixture correctly, our eight midweek matches that would be covered by this are:-

Home

Bristol City 21/8
Millwall 19/9 - main Sky match
Sheffield Wednesday 23/10
Rotherham 13/3

Away

Reading 2/10
Rotherham 27/11
Bristol City 13/2
Millwall 10/4

That looks like the EFL have reduced the long travelling midweek matches this season & would not greatly reduce the away support for three of the games at Loftus Road.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 15:07]

You mean I don't have to go to Reading this season? Fan fcking tastic.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024