Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Burton away 14:11 - Aug 4 with 17130 views442Dale

Subs: Moore, Ntlhe, Delaney, Cannon, Rathbone, Thompson, Andrew.

[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 14:25]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Burton away on 16:58 - Aug 4 with 4509 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Burton away on 16:44 - Aug 4 by Nigeriamark

We have gone very defensive since half time. Can't complain if they equalise, but hopefully we can hang on

Superb result in the end gained from the first half showing. Hanging on at the end but as the away team a deserved 3 points. Good performances from Hendo, Inman, and Perkins in particular and some vital saves from Lillis
Match thread: Burton away on 16:59 - Aug 4 with 4478 viewsDale23years

Match thread: Burton away on 16:56 - Aug 4 by frenzied

Great win at our bogey ground...

Excellent performance especially first half. Didnt like the negative tatics in second half too defensive for me.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread: Burton away on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 4369 viewsBazzanne

still think Jim is our weak link.
Match thread: Burton away on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 4365 views49thseason

It took us 5 games to get to 3 points last season. This winning habit is great, long may it continue.
Match thread: Burton away on 17:17 - Aug 4 with 4248 viewsShun

Great win and a good performance. The first half we played some magical football and were near totally dominant. Our goals were great team goals too. Second half Burton were a lot better and can probably count themselves unlucky not to have got a point.

I think one of the main things that let Burton back into it was the Inman sub. He was causing all sorts of problems and his replacement, Thompson, unfortunately didn’t cause them any. I think it was a mistake to put Thompson up front and move Henderson back into midfield. It just didn’t work and at times in the second half it seemed like it was just a matter of time before Burton scored.

Overall though a good performance and some really nice football. I was pleased with the amount of balls we played that unlocked their defence, and I think Williams is a big reason for that - he’s comfortably the best ball-playing defender we’ve had in years. Inman and Raff were great, but Lillis gets my MOTM for a string of match-saving saves.

I agree with an earlier post by boromat that said with this style of football we won’t draw many. It’s so expansive that I think we’ll score and concede a lot. It’s as though Hill wanted to distance himself from the occasional accusations of hoofball from last season and just wanted every move to build from the back. Nice to watch, but tense!
Match thread: Burton away on 17:45 - Aug 4 with 4039 views442Dale

Really good first half, backs to the wall second half. As has been said, the first sub did us few favours; if we’re going to change the midfield, we have enough options without having to use Henderson there. Great result though, psychologically holding out will do us a lot of favours going forward and we played some great football in the first 45.

Hope that first goal is shown in full somewhere, even before the MJW pass we’d kept the ball for ages.

Match thread: Burton away on 18:54 - Aug 4 with 3689 viewssandy_dale

Henderson terrible. Alby absolutely unreal. Poor subsitutions going forward. Cracking result
Match thread: Burton away on 19:11 - Aug 4 with 3595 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Burton away on 16:59 - Aug 4 by Dale23years

Excellent performance especially first half. Didnt like the negative tatics in second half too defensive for me.

A great win, but 2nd half the left side of our defence was awful. And we just kept giving away possession by just Hoofing it long. Though Done was anonymous but midfield in general was good. Good saves from Lillis. Thompson did little when he came on

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Burton away on 19:14 - Aug 4 with 3588 viewsboromat

Well going off that it's going to be an exciting season. Second half was hard work though I'd forgotten how hard it was watching Dale at times. Think next year I might need to complete a preseason to help keep my heart rate down.

On the subs I think I understood most of them but for me the first sub should have been Calvin for Alby. We were under the fish and Alby had started to tire he wasn't winning his physical battles either. We got the win though and that's what matters! I'm sure Hill will have learnt a few things today. Very exciting!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Burton away on 19:17 - Aug 4 with 3563 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Burton away on 19:14 - Aug 4 by boromat

Well going off that it's going to be an exciting season. Second half was hard work though I'd forgotten how hard it was watching Dale at times. Think next year I might need to complete a preseason to help keep my heart rate down.

On the subs I think I understood most of them but for me the first sub should have been Calvin for Alby. We were under the fish and Alby had started to tire he wasn't winning his physical battles either. We got the win though and that's what matters! I'm sure Hill will have learnt a few things today. Very exciting!

Battered?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Burton away on 19:26 - Aug 4 with 3498 viewsSalwaDale

Hill interview sums it up quite well. Some great football first half and we dug in well second half.

TBBT

Match thread: Burton away on 19:27 - Aug 4 with 3497 viewsaleanddale

Fantastic away win.

Onwards to next week should be a cracking atmosphere.

Only one draw in league 1 today very odd!

When was our last opening day 3 points away from home? I can only think of the 0-1 win at gay meadow when hotly put our only goal past Joe Hart.
Match thread: Burton away on 19:46 - Aug 4 with 3419 viewsDaleiLama

What a start. Great to see Inman bag a brace too. Impressive

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Burton away on 20:40 - Aug 4 with 3175 viewsleedsdale

Goals are now on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11719/11459688/watch-league-one-goal

Lovely dummy to allow Hendo to counter for the second
Match thread: Burton away on 20:43 - Aug 4 with 3165 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Burton away on 19:46 - Aug 4 by DaleiLama

What a start. Great to see Inman bag a brace too. Impressive

Posh up next......may be Green Eyed jealous that they let him go?

Did Inman miss out last season as their loan player? I hope he is right up for it next week.
Match thread: Burton away on 21:25 - Aug 4 with 2975 viewsboromat

Match thread: Burton away on 19:17 - Aug 4 by rochdaleriddler

Battered?

A couple of times during the season playing that style of football, yes I can see it happening.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 21:35]

Match thread: Burton away on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 2876 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Burton away on 21:25 - Aug 4 by boromat

A couple of times during the season playing that style of football, yes I can see it happening.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 21:35]

You put ‘under the fish’ that’s why I said battered!!!

Match thread: Burton away on 22:28 - Aug 4 with 2693 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Burton away on 20:40 - Aug 4 by leedsdale

Goals are now on Sky

http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11719/11459688/watch-league-one-goal

Lovely dummy to allow Hendo to counter for the second

Peach of a ball (MJ dub?) to Alby who set the first goal up whilst getting undressed (with assist) and a very composed finish. Seems like Adshead not the only one who can measure a pass for the second #40.

This team does look like it has goals in it. I loved the cup run last year but I think the league may just have a lot more to offer this year vs last.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Burton away on 22:43 - Aug 4 with 2625 views442Dale

Match thread: Burton away on 22:28 - Aug 4 by DaleiLama

Peach of a ball (MJ dub?) to Alby who set the first goal up whilst getting undressed (with assist) and a very composed finish. Seems like Adshead not the only one who can measure a pass for the second #40.

This team does look like it has goals in it. I loved the cup run last year but I think the league may just have a lot more to offer this year vs last.

Worth noting that our first league away win took six months longer to achieve last season.

Match thread: Burton away on 22:55 - Aug 4 with 2574 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Burton away on 22:43 - Aug 4 by 442Dale

Worth noting that our first league away win took six months longer to achieve last season.

Not only that, it was our first opening day away win since Shrewsbury in 2005, while Inman became the first Dale player to score twice on the opening day since Steve Whitehall v Cardiff in 1995.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Burton away on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 2525 viewsboromat

Match thread: Burton away on 21:43 - Aug 4 by rochdaleriddler

You put ‘under the fish’ that’s why I said battered!!!

meant to say Cosh thought you were referring to my earlier post.

Match thread: Burton away on 23:40 - Aug 4 with 2397 viewsrochdale_ranger

Not got to the fame today due to being in geeece and attending s maiden concert in Belfast over the weekend but let’s hope are team stuck it up Burton Albion. No surrender.
Match thread: Burton away on 00:05 - Aug 5 with 2357 viewsToffeemanc

Match thread: Burton away on 15:48 - Aug 4 by sandy_dale

Whats the Thompson song?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 16:00]

Cracking atmosphere today, think this is the song you want.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Match thread: Burton away on 08:54 - Aug 5 with 1973 viewsmeeee

Match thread: Burton away on 00:05 - Aug 5 by Toffeemanc

Cracking atmosphere today, think this is the song you want.

What’s the lyrics? All I can make out is his name is Joey Thompson
Match thread: Burton away on 08:57 - Aug 5 with 1961 viewssouthealingdale

Caught a bit of it

is name is Joey Thompson
He grew up in our town
?????????????
And he sent the Oldham down

@upthedale on Twitter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024