Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Match Thread 09:13 - Oct 20 with 22294 viewsSouthend_Rss

First one for me.. Leaving in a bit, last time I went we won 3-1 on what was a real great day out..

More of the same please! See you all up there if you are going. Sounds like should be quite a good following. You Rss
Ipswich Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 20 with 2643 viewsderbyhoop

3 away wins and it's still only October. What witchcraft is this?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 20 with 2643 viewsitsbiga

I’ll take the 3 points but we scraped together a win against the worst team in the league.
2 wins at home and were in the playoffs :)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 16:57]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:58 - Oct 20 with 2616 viewsderbyhoop

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:57 - Oct 20 by itsbiga

I’ll take the 3 points but we scraped together a win against the worst team in the league.

Nurse get the jackets that ties up a the back

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 2586 viewskropotkin41

Don't see how that was scraped. How many chances did they have? We pretty much bossed the game and had good chances to get several more goals. It wasn't like we were hanging on. That Swansea game - and wouldn't you know it given that I was there - seems to have been an exception recently, having been a clueless performance all round.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 20 with 2562 viewsRANGERS4EVER

I wouldn't say scraped. Scored first, scored second, eased through the 2nd half, without them even having a glimpse. Scraping it is harsh

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 20 with 2525 viewsitsbiga

I can’t watch to be fair from where I am but wasn’t it an OG and a Pen?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 20 with 2489 viewsaston_hoop

Before the season, we'd have all said that in order to survive we would have to go to teams like Reading, Bolton and Ipswich and beat them. Its whats keeping us apart from those below us at the moment, now lets start converting a few home games too! UUURRRRSSSS!!!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:04 - Oct 20 with 2487 viewsrsonist

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 20 by itsbiga

Thanks as ever for your input.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 2462 viewsJuzzie

If we didn’t have such a poor start to the season I reckon we’d be worth at least another 5 points which would have us top 6 six.
Ipswich Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 20 with 2460 viewsrsonist

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:56 - Oct 20 by francisbowles

Another win against weak opposition, albeit after they won at Swansea. International break may have done us a favour. Well done lads, tougher challenges to come!

U Rrrrs

If we won every game against weak opposition we'd be top six or thereabouts.
Ipswich Match Thread on 17:06 - Oct 20 with 2447 viewsMatch82

Perhaps could have been more clinical but there was only one team in that game. Good performance, well done all round.
Ipswich Match Thread on 17:08 - Oct 20 with 2428 viewsDejR_vu

Welcome three points, an away win, and only one point behind Brentforlona.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 2411 viewsJAPRANGERS

Who cares whether the opposition were weak or strong? We got the result.

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 20 with 2395 viewsTacticalR

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:02 - Oct 20 by itsbiga

If you want to look a gift horse in the mouth, that is really the only criticism you can make. There were quite a few times in the match when we just didn't know when to pull the trigger. Fortunately we had the Ipswich keeper and the Ipswich defence to help us out.

Air hostess clique

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:12 - Oct 20 with 2378 viewsqprd

Ipswich Match Thread on 16:36 - Oct 20 by traininvain

Cheer up mate we’re winning away and on the cusp of equalling our total number of away wins from last season.

Bright Osayi-Samuel isn’t a product of our youth academy. Lumley and Eze are so let’s try to look at the positives.

i admit i sound irrational- but mclarens failure to play BOS really ruined the win for me

we have a relatively big squad, and are giving significant minutes to guys like Cameron, Wells, Hemed and Rangel who will be gone soon. Manning was sent out on loan. Kakay has been dropped since August. Smyth cant even make the bench. BOS put on the single best individual performance against Bristol and has hardly featured. Ilias Chair is nowehere to be seen

we're finishing 12th-18th. in 6 months, this result will not matter. in 2 or 3 years, this match will mean nothing. Yet our so called long term stategy has been chucked out the window

our only viable long term strategy as a club has to be based around developing young players (whether home grown like lumley or not like smyth/eze/BOS) and selling them on for a profit. without parachute payments and with our dwindling attendance, this is the only way we can sustainably succeed

So yes, when we've played the same squad every match and have disgruntled players sitting on the bench, it infuriates me that mclaren left a sub unused

Its not just about winning and losing. Having a long term strategy is about managing personnel, developing players, controlling the dressing room. you're telling me we couldnt have afforded to let BOS get a run out? Hes a young player whose chomping at the bit to get playing time- someone who mclaren said would get a chance- and yet we cant find 20 minutes for him in a game we're controlling?

Guys like Kakay, BOS, Chair are going to lose interest

but hey, im glad cameron got another 90 minutes!

And just as a note: we have a game on tuesday, barely 72 hours from now. Why not give Luongo a bit of rest so he'll be refreshed for Sheff Weds?

Further proving that mclaren is only a coach and has no understanding of man management
Ipswich Match Thread on 17:49 - Oct 20 with 2060 viewsisawqpratwcity

Nice result, boys. Only one point away from the top half!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:53 - Oct 20 with 2037 viewsVancouverHoop

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:11 - Oct 20 by TacticalR

If you want to look a gift horse in the mouth, that is really the only criticism you can make. There were quite a few times in the match when we just didn't know when to pull the trigger. Fortunately we had the Ipswich keeper and the Ipswich defence to help us out.

Quite. We don't score a lot, but we have built one of the stingiest defences in the division. Something few would have thought possible back in August.
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:02 - Oct 20 with 1977 viewsterryb

I can't believe some of the negativity on this thread.

We were ten times better than Ipswich & outclassed them from the first second till the last.

Yes, we should have won by more, but that win was so comprehensive!
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 1958 viewstraininvain

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:12 - Oct 20 by qprd

i admit i sound irrational- but mclarens failure to play BOS really ruined the win for me

we have a relatively big squad, and are giving significant minutes to guys like Cameron, Wells, Hemed and Rangel who will be gone soon. Manning was sent out on loan. Kakay has been dropped since August. Smyth cant even make the bench. BOS put on the single best individual performance against Bristol and has hardly featured. Ilias Chair is nowehere to be seen

we're finishing 12th-18th. in 6 months, this result will not matter. in 2 or 3 years, this match will mean nothing. Yet our so called long term stategy has been chucked out the window

our only viable long term strategy as a club has to be based around developing young players (whether home grown like lumley or not like smyth/eze/BOS) and selling them on for a profit. without parachute payments and with our dwindling attendance, this is the only way we can sustainably succeed

So yes, when we've played the same squad every match and have disgruntled players sitting on the bench, it infuriates me that mclaren left a sub unused

Its not just about winning and losing. Having a long term strategy is about managing personnel, developing players, controlling the dressing room. you're telling me we couldnt have afforded to let BOS get a run out? Hes a young player whose chomping at the bit to get playing time- someone who mclaren said would get a chance- and yet we cant find 20 minutes for him in a game we're controlling?

And just as a note: we have a game on tuesday, barely 72 hours from now. Why not give Luongo a bit of rest so he'll be refreshed for Sheff Weds?

Further proving that mclaren is only a coach and has no understanding of man management

I think you’re ignoring context. We had an awful start to the season and it was starting to look like a real uphill struggle.

McClaren’s steadied the ship and we’re winning games (away!) which is ultimately his primary job. Plus we have a couple of youngsters starting every game. That’s Lumley’s 4th or 5th clean sheet this season.

BOS will get minutes as the season progresses and so will other youngsters. The main aim for now is getting points on the board and staying safe.

Try to enjoy today’s result, it’s not often we win away!!
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 20 with 1957 viewsstevec

Ipswich Match Thread on 17:12 - Oct 20 by qprd

???

17 points from 9 games, that’s champions form. The man is nothing less than a fckin guru.
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 20 with 1889 viewswittle

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:05 - Oct 20 by traininvain

I think you’re ignoring context. We had an awful start to the season and it was starting to look like a real uphill struggle.

McClaren’s steadied the ship and we’re winning games (away!) which is ultimately his primary job. Plus we have a couple of youngsters starting every game. That’s Lumley’s 4th or 5th clean sheet this season.

BOS will get minutes as the season progresses and so will other youngsters. The main aim for now is getting points on the board and staying safe.

Try to enjoy today’s result, it’s not often we win away!!

Your wasting your time , some fans will always find a reason to moan .We have 2 of our youngsters Lumley and Eze now established in the first team and Furlong would be if he hadn’t got injured , yet it’s not enough for some fans .They would rather moan about manning , who couldn’t hold a place down last season being out on loan .Its as if a win doesn’t count unless all 11 players have come through our youth system .
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 1839 viewsDeepcutHoop

Love this.

Unwarranted pessimism immediately followed by absurd play-off optimism
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:22 - Oct 20 with 1819 viewstraininvain

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 20 by wittle

Your wasting your time , some fans will always find a reason to moan .We have 2 of our youngsters Lumley and Eze now established in the first team and Furlong would be if he hadn’t got injured , yet it’s not enough for some fans .They would rather moan about manning , who couldn’t hold a place down last season being out on loan .Its as if a win doesn’t count unless all 11 players have come through our youth system .

Incidentally, Manning on the bench for Rotherham today. Came on as a sub late in the game.
Ipswich Match Thread on 18:23 - Oct 20 with 1813 viewsBoston

We did not scrape a win. We were closer to running them ragged and should have won 4/5 nil. Someone said the game wasn’t very exciting, well the thirteen hundred and thirty eight pissed up Rangers fans who were there would disagree with you.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:32 - Oct 20 with 1759 viewsterryb

Ipswich Match Thread on 18:23 - Oct 20 by Boston

We did not scrape a win. We were closer to running them ragged and should have won 4/5 nil. Someone said the game wasn’t very exciting, well the thirteen hundred and thirty eight pissed up Rangers fans who were there would disagree with you.

Glad you were over from the States to see us win away Boston!

Quite a nice day to be sat in the sun in Ipswich. Both at the ground & on the waterfront prior to the match!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024