Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarressed 20:51 - Dec 15 with 7124 viewsswiggy

For the first time in over 50 years of watching the mighty dale I am embarressed. We lost after shooting ourselves in the foot twice, the away fans are laugining at us, because we are rubbish, pass back, pass back, pass back. Easy defend, pass back, keeper misses it. Ho up ho Merrfy Christmas. Here’s my solution, pick the best players I the best position and play them for a few games, let them get used to playing together and it will be OK. Do not play the best striker in the league in midfield doh doh, Homer had a point. If it doesn’t work sack it.
Embarressed on 21:22 - Dec 16 with 1782 viewssoulboy

You were embarressed in over 50 years? Thats rather a sweeping staement, Do you not remember Droylesden in Nov 1978 and Grantham Dec 1973, both at home, and both were performances that made us look like a very average pub team.
Embarressed on 07:53 - Dec 17 with 1623 viewsEllDale

Losing 0-6 to Plymouth at home in the 1970's was embarrassing.
And as for the Shrewsbury 1-7 debacle.....
I could go on.
At least in the late 1970's and early 1980's we knew we were sh1te with a team full of losers, a ground falling down around our ears and no youth policy.
But I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel here unfortunately.
Embarressed on 08:24 - Dec 17 with 1595 viewsDaleiLama

I wasn't embarrassed - I was disappointed, underwhelmed and somewhat disillusioned as we should be playing more attractive football, getting better results and winning games like that, not gifting them to the opposition. I haven't given up though. Not have the players and nor, do I believe has KH. It is time to try something different though, like he did last season to spark the revival that kept us up.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 8:31]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Embarressed on 08:25 - Dec 17 with 1594 viewsParkinsGimp

Embarressed on 23:28 - Dec 15 by swiggy

Yes, I did watch the Telford game and all the succession of crap since, but ffs we have the best set if players we’ve ever had. Top scorer in the league, lets play him in midfield, ffs we have more midfielders than enough. Please. Let’s have a settled for a change

Whats this best set of players nonsense I keep hearing?
We havent , we have a glut of poor League 2 standard players or even National league, hence two horrible seasons so far.
The young kids look good but dont get a chance and we are left with fools like Andrews , Wilbraham , Williams x2, Inman, Delaney, McNulty Perkins and of course the hero Lillis!
Embarressed on 08:37 - Dec 17 with 1577 viewsnordenblue

Embarressed on 08:25 - Dec 17 by ParkinsGimp

We havent , we have a glut of poor League 2 standard players or even National league, hence two horrible seasons so far.
The young kids look good but dont get a chance and we are left with fools like Andrews , Wilbraham , Williams x2, Inman, Delaney, McNulty Perkins and of course the hero Lillis!

Who is this Andrews you talk about,he sounds like a good en?
Embarressed on 08:57 - Dec 17 with 1556 viewssweetcorn

Embarressed on 23:57 - Dec 15 by kiwidale

There is a major difference back then we mostly played to our potential, we were crap because the team was crap. Today in general we have good players some very good players we play crap because the manager is crap.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 23:58]

Sorry to bang on about this, but seriously what qualifies you to make this statement?

The players we have aren’t good, quite far from it in my opinion, this squad is average and is one that was being propped up by 3 excellent players when we were doing well.

The players who were around when we were contending for the play-offs have been shown for the average player they are without the stand-out players around them. similar to holness when he partnered Dawson, compared with partnering anyone else. People still have it in their heads that players like camps are good players, which leads to statements that this squad is top half. Camps has been below average for nearly two years now, having 1 good game against spurs doesnt mean thats his level, it just means he can raise his game for a one-off.

McGahey, Rathbone, Cannon, Henderson, Hart, Morley and Adshead are the players i’d hate to see leave the club, the rest i’d actively seek it happening.

Don’t mistake this post for me absolving Hill of any blame, he’s not helping with the constant rotation, but the players are just as culpable, but for some reason everyone thinks we’re a top half squad..
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 9:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Embarressed on 09:02 - Dec 17 with 1546 viewsTVOS1907

Embarressed on 08:57 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Sorry to bang on about this, but seriously what qualifies you to make this statement?

The players we have aren’t good, quite far from it in my opinion, this squad is average and is one that was being propped up by 3 excellent players when we were doing well.

The players who were around when we were contending for the play-offs have been shown for the average player they are without the stand-out players around them. similar to holness when he partnered Dawson, compared with partnering anyone else. People still have it in their heads that players like camps are good players, which leads to statements that this squad is top half. Camps has been below average for nearly two years now, having 1 good game against spurs doesnt mean thats his level, it just means he can raise his game for a one-off.

McGahey, Rathbone, Cannon, Henderson, Hart, Morley and Adshead are the players i’d hate to see leave the club, the rest i’d actively seek it happening.

Don’t mistake this post for me absolving Hill of any blame, he’s not helping with the constant rotation, but the players are just as culpable, but for some reason everyone thinks we’re a top half squad..

I don't think 'everyone' does think that.

It's all relative, though, and the players we have now are still a lot better than those from the eras kiwi means.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Embarressed on 09:04 - Dec 17 with 1543 viewsTVOS1907

Most of those players have spent their entire careers playing in League One or higher.

Who's Andrews? Eamonn? Archie? Julie? Lee?

Login to get fewer ads

Embarressed on 09:04 - Dec 17 with 1543 viewssweetcorn

Also OP have you been asleep for large durations of the last 50 years? I’ve only been watching about 18 years and can think of multiple more embarrassing moments than last saturday.

Embarressed on 09:20 - Dec 17 with 1511 viewspioneer

Embarressed on 20:39 - Dec 16 by joecooke

pies were alright

Thanks for the correction... you are right...the pies were wonderful. Everything but the pies was embarrasing and rarely did we run out of them.
Embarressed on 09:35 - Dec 17 with 1491 viewsDaleiLama

Interesting opinion about Camps. Conversely, you could argue that some players are not capable of ever playing at the level Camps has in the past and are therefore not as good as him and that he is now playing below his ability. I tend towards this view.

Embarressed on 10:05 - Dec 17 with 1449 viewsjonahwhereru

Well you have convinced me Hill must be the best manager for us. The club can only afford players of National League and L2 standard yet Hill has turned them all into L1 quality.

Some achievement that.

As for players of your mythical L1 standard, here’s spine of a team that might just be acceptable to you.

Pickford, Maguire, Henderson and Rashford. Although I suspect you’ll reckon the latter is only good enough for FCUM.

It must be tiresome living in your world where the glass is perpetually virtually empty.
Embarressed on 10:09 - Dec 17 with 1436 viewssweetcorn

Embarressed on 09:35 - Dec 17 by DaleiLama

Interesting opinion about Camps. Conversely, you could argue that some players are not capable of ever playing at the level Camps has in the past and are therefore not as good as him and that he is now playing below his ability. I tend towards this view.

Edit: I've just realised what you're saying. I'd tend to disagree with your theory..

Camps benefitted from being carried by lund and allen for years. Once he's become who should be our main midfielder he's unfortunately been found out.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:42]

Embarressed on 10:16 - Dec 17 with 1422 viewssweetcorn

Embarressed on 10:05 - Dec 17 by jonahwhereru

Well you have convinced me Hill must be the best manager for us. The club can only afford players of National League and L2 standard yet Hill has turned them all into L1 quality.

Some achievement that.

As for players of your mythical L1 standard, here’s spine of a team that might just be acceptable to you.

Pickford, Maguire, Henderson and Rashford. Although I suspect you’ll reckon the latter is only good enough for FCUM.

It must be tiresome living in your world where the glass is perpetually virtually empty.

Whilst parkinsgimp generally talks tosh, you can’t deny that a large portion of this squad is league two standard.

Players like Williams, Inman, Gillam, McNulty and i’d even say done in his current state are league two quality.

Embarressed on 15:03 - Dec 17 with 1301 viewsDaleiLama

Embarressed on 10:09 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Edit: I've just realised what you're saying. I'd tend to disagree with your theory..

Camps benefitted from being carried by lund and allen for years. Once he's become who should be our main midfielder he's unfortunately been found out.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 12:42]

I agree he isn't thriving at the moment, but I don't agree he's a bad player, nor that he is necessarily a product of that system. But that's football. All opinions. I think he'll come good again, but I don't think we're going to sell him for a King's ransom based on current form.

Embarressed on 17:57 - Dec 17 with 1239 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Embarressed on 07:53 - Dec 17 by EllDale

Losing 0-6 to Plymouth at home in the 1970's was embarrassing.
And as for the Shrewsbury 1-7 debacle.....
I could go on.
At least in the late 1970's and early 1980's we knew we were sh1te with a team full of losers, a ground falling down around our ears and no youth policy.
But I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel here unfortunately.

Funny things was tho, after that 0-6 Plymouth defeat, we played Notts County at home. They were top of the division and we murdered them 4-1 in what turned out to be big Reg`s last appearance for the club.
Embarressed on 18:06 - Dec 17 with 1227 viewskiwidale

This is tiresome Sweetcorn in my post/comment I compared players from yesteryear with the current players which you arbitrarily dismiss citing the tired and frankly boring cliché "if you weren't there you cant comment" therefore I am not qualified to comment. With that in mind Sweetcorn what qualifies you to dismiss my comment on the players that I watched back in the day compared to todays squad? I can assure you that I have watched far more of todays squad and I have watched far more footage of games than you could ever watch of the debacles already mention on this thread.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 18:18]

This is not the time for bickering.

Embarressed on 15:33 - Dec 18 with 1037 viewssweetcorn

Embarressed on 18:06 - Dec 17 by kiwidale

This is tiresome Sweetcorn in my post/comment I compared players from yesteryear with the current players which you arbitrarily dismiss citing the tired and frankly boring cliché "if you weren't there you cant comment" therefore I am not qualified to comment. With that in mind Sweetcorn what qualifies you to dismiss my comment on the players that I watched back in the day compared to todays squad? I can assure you that I have watched far more of todays squad and I have watched far more footage of games than you could ever watch of the debacles already mention on this thread.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 18:18]

If you read my post i’ve not discredited your opinion on previous players, simply the ones we have now. Seeing highlights and the odd games is hardly a good sample to judge a player and that is evident by you saying this squad is good/very good, because it isn’t.

I’ll break the squad down into your categories:

Very good: Henderson
Good: cannon, rathbone, mcgahey, hart and maybe rafferty.

So who’s filling the remaining 5 places and 7 subs for this very good team? Average players who are playing like an average team. I honestly don’t know were this idea from some of our fans that this squad is good has come from. Maybe it’s because theres so many players? I personally prefer quality over quantity.

Embarressed on 18:01 - Dec 18 with 976 viewsDorsetDale

Embarressed on 15:33 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

If you read my post i’ve not discredited your opinion on previous players, simply the ones we have now. Seeing highlights and the odd games is hardly a good sample to judge a player and that is evident by you saying this squad is good/very good, because it isn’t.

So who’s filling the remaining 5 places and 7 subs for this very good team? Average players who are playing like an average team. I honestly don’t know were this idea from some of our fans that this squad is good has come from. Maybe it’s because theres so many players? I personally prefer quality over quantity.

I don't get to many more games than Kiwi these days but the player most positive noise is being made about is Adshead.
Genuinely interested where he fits in your assessment?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Embarressed on 19:16 - Dec 18 with 936 viewsrochdale_ranger

Embarressed on 10:16 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Whilst parkinsgimp generally talks tosh, you can’t deny that a large portion of this squad is league two standard.

Players like Williams, Inman, Gillam, McNulty and i’d even say done in his current state are league two quality.

I was saying last season that a lot of the players we have in at the moment wouldn’t get into a Steve Parkin team. I was shot down. We had a good season last season on the face of it despite Hill slagging the fans off and appropriating blame to every one but himself, good cup run and avoided relegation. There was even a bit of a feeling of togetherness after we survived due to Oldham bottling it. Truth be told if I was as shit at my Job as Hill has become at his I would be out the door.
Embarressed on 19:32 - Dec 18 with 913 viewskiwidale

Embarressed on 15:33 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

It would be foolish of me to dispute your evaluation of the current squad, you simply see more evidence than I do, it is for others to do so and many on here suggest that the current crop are better than results suggest.

Embarressed on 19:44 - Dec 18 with 889 viewsTVOS1907

Embarressed on 19:16 - Dec 18 by rochdale_ranger

I was saying last season that a lot of the players we have in at the moment wouldn’t get into a Steve Parkin team. I was shot down. We had a good season last season on the face of it despite Hill slagging the fans off and appropriating blame to every one but himself, good cup run and avoided relegation. There was even a bit of a feeling of togetherness after we survived due to Oldham bottling it. Truth be told if I was as shit at my Job as Hill has become at his I would be out the door.

IIRC, you were partly shot down because most of Parkin's teams were pretty good, so it wasn't the best comparison.

Embarressed on 19:48 - Dec 18 with 881 viewskiwidale

Embarressed on 19:44 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

IIRC, you were partly shot down because most of Parkin's teams were pretty good, so it wasn't the best comparison.

"IIRC"

Im too old for this malarkey.

Embarressed on 19:52 - Dec 18 with 875 viewsTVOS1907

Embarressed on 19:48 - Dec 18 by kiwidale

"IIRC"

Im too old for this malarkey.

I'm following roccy's lead, with his excessive use of 'tbf'.

Embarressed on 19:59 - Dec 18 with 862 viewsD_Alien

Embarressed on 19:52 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

I'm following roccy's lead, with his excessive use of 'tbf'.

Is that available via county lines?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024