Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That's magic - Preview 21:04 - Jan 4 with 2332 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49375
That's magic - Preview (n/t) on 21:34 - Jan 4 with 2276 viewspaulparker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That's magic - Preview on 21:35 - Jan 4 with 2275 viewspaulparker

Great write up Clive that’s exactly how I feel about the cup as a lad this use to be the most faviourite weekend of the year now it’s just as bad as an international break

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

That's magic - Preview on 02:48 - Jan 5 with 2012 viewstimcocking

I'm still aggravated by Lee Hoos' rather contemptuous response when you were trying to ask him why we purposefully lose in two of the three competitions we enter every season.

I basically disregard the cups altogether. They've just been so irrelevant to QPR since that ill-fated Oxford game, i prefer to go and hide under the bed and pretend i don't care. Given the fact that we've zero chance of winning the Premier league, it really p!sses me off.

I'm 100% convinced it's a big mistake.
That's magic - Preview on 04:14 - Jan 5 with 1993 viewsJAPRANGERS

Really good FA CUP review! Had me burst out laughing on several occasions reading it. I think my wife thinks I'm insane (probably true, but who cares right? )
That's magic - Preview on 04:17 - Jan 5 with 1988 viewsJAPRANGERS

About what year do you think the FACUP started to be devalued as a tournament Clive?

When I was a lad the FACUP was, well, something really special.
That's magic - Preview on 10:06 - Jan 5 with 1802 viewsHantsR

Jan 5th and already we've had Rant of the Year 2019

magic!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 10:08]
That's magic - Preview on 10:25 - Jan 5 with 1770 viewsWatford_Ranger

That's magic - Preview on 04:17 - Jan 5 by JAPRANGERS

About what year do you think the FACUP started to be devalued as a tournament Clive?

It’s a death by a thousand cuts but when United opted out was probably the worst.
That's magic - Preview on 10:53 - Jan 5 with 1739 viewsPommyhoop

Top rant Clive..,

Can you imagine today's father and son combo's getting emotional about the FA Cup today?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

That's magic - Preview on 11:27 - Jan 5 with 1715 viewsDavieQPR

The FA cup died when they allowed 4 teams into the Champions League.
That's magic - Preview on 13:27 - Jan 5 with 1613 viewsWatford_Ranger

Would Shrewsbury beating Stoke at home be magical?

Reading losing meekly away on the box isn’t so magical. Great TV pick that.
That's magic - Preview on 13:52 - Jan 5 with 1590 viewsOldPedro

That's magic - Preview on 13:27 - Jan 5 by Watford_Ranger

Would Shrewsbury beating Stoke at home be magical?

Reading losing meekly away on the box isn’t so magical. Great TV pick that.

The tv companies always show Man U up games live - I seem to remember that one of their cup games last season wasn't shown live and it was the first time in years that they weren't a live tv game.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

That's magic - Preview on 15:29 - Jan 5 with 1497 viewsqprd

having lived abroad in a few different countries, I'm not sure international broadcasters care about the FA cup, either.

the licensing rates are way less for the FA cup than they are for carrying the prem (even accounting for the difference in number of games)... in a lot of countries, the fa cup isnt broadcast, and if it is, it goes to some random channel no ones heard of (like how quest has gotten EFL highlights)

international audiences dont care about the fa cup... whereas for people living in england, there is a bit of novelty when tranmere hosts spurs, to the average recent football fan in china, vietnam or america, they dont even know what a tranmere is and those who do dont care to see them play

the fa cup rly is a competition that only english people care about until the latter stages. a lot of foreign audiences view fa cup weekends almost as if they were international breaks.

the magic of the fa cup is rly all about the nostalgia of english people... international audiences dont rly get it
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 15:31]
That's magic - Preview on 16:25 - Jan 5 with 1448 viewsWatford_Ranger

That's magic - Preview on 15:29 - Jan 5 by qprd

having lived abroad in a few different countries, I'm not sure international broadcasters care about the FA cup, either.

the licensing rates are way less for the FA cup than they are for carrying the prem (even accounting for the difference in number of games)... in a lot of countries, the fa cup isnt broadcast, and if it is, it goes to some random channel no ones heard of (like how quest has gotten EFL highlights)

international audiences dont care about the fa cup... whereas for people living in england, there is a bit of novelty when tranmere hosts spurs, to the average recent football fan in china, vietnam or america, they dont even know what a tranmere is and those who do dont care to see them play

the fa cup rly is a competition that only english people care about until the latter stages. a lot of foreign audiences view fa cup weekends almost as if they were international breaks.

the magic of the fa cup is rly all about the nostalgia of english people... international audiences dont rly get it
[Post edited 5 Jan 2019 15:31]

No doubt the cup will be a midweek competition soon entirely as the midweek Prem games are crap for some key timezones.
That's magic - Preview on 16:53 - Jan 5 with 1423 viewsMatch82

I think Bolton and Walsall might have taken offence to your preview Clive...
That's magic - Preview on 03:01 - Jan 6 with 1113 views18StoneOfHoop

That's magic - Preview on 04:17 - Jan 5 by JAPRANGERS

The title holders Manchester United, withdrew from the 1999—2000 competition due to their participation in the Sepp Blatter inspired mid-season moneyspinner 2000 FIFA Club World Championship in South America, to take place in early 2000, thus becoming the first FA Cup winners not to defend their title. Despite this being at the request of the Football Association (FA), they received criticism from journalists and television pundits. To keep the competition running smoothly, the FA chose to draw one team from among those lower-division teams defeated in the second round to progress as "lucky losers" to the third. Darlington were the team drawn.

United received a paltry $2.5 million.
Not really that much for engineering the beginning of the end for
the original and greatest world club cup competition.
Fergie you sell-out khant!
Could have at least stuck in a youth team.

Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
Brazil Vasco da Gama 3 3 0 0 7 2 +5 9
Mexico Necaxa 3 1 1 1 5 4 +1 4
Manchester United 3 1 1 1 4 4 0 4
South Melbourne 3 0 0 3 1 7 −6 0

6 January 2000 18:15
Manchester United England 1—1 Mexico Necaxa
Yorke Goal 88' Report Montecinos Goal 14'
Estádio do Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro
Attendance: 50,000
Referee: Horacio Elizondo (Argentina)

8 January 2000 18:15
Manchester United 1—3 Vasco da Gama
Butt Goal 81' Report Romário Goal 24', 26'
Edmundo Goal 43'
Estádio do Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro
Attendance: 73,000
Referee: Saad Mane (Kuwait)

11 January 2000 18:15
Manchester United England 2—0 Australia South Melbourne
Fortune Goal 8', 20'

[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 11:52]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024