Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Smith 13:38 - Jan 2 with 10153 viewsRuislipHoop

“We should have won”,
Wot a w**nker. I wish I had a pound for every time that dipstick has said that.
We should have won !!!!.
Dean Smith on 13:44 - Jan 2 with 5466 viewsPhildo

in some top trolling the scum have recalled Abraham as Villas local successful club Wolves have bid 18m for him apparently so he has other things to worry about today
Dean Smith on 13:46 - Jan 2 with 5448 viewsJuzzie

It's just one in a list of default responses Manager's seem to say these days when they don't win a game.
Dean Smith on 14:23 - Jan 2 with 5286 viewsLongsufferingR

Dean Smith on 13:44 - Jan 2 by Phildo

in some top trolling the scum have recalled Abraham as Villas local successful club Wolves have bid 18m for him apparently so he has other things to worry about today

Couldn't they have put the bid in a day earlier?

Bstards
Dean Smith on 14:33 - Jan 2 with 5252 viewsHantsR

Dean Smith on 14:23 - Jan 2 by LongsufferingR

Couldn't they have put the bid in a day earlier?

Bstards

Bid accepted apparently. Yes why didn't they make a move earlier.
Dean Smith on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 5235 viewsBklynRanger

Big loss and going straight to a rival - that's quite amusing.
Dean Smith on 14:36 - Jan 2 with 5234 viewsNorthernr

Some belters from his post match.

On Tammy Abraham...
He's doing brilliantly. He's enjoying himself here and is developing as a player and a person.
I can only speak highly of him. Long may it continue.

On that old Brentford complaint, nasty team not letting us play our pretty game...

When we got the equaliser, there was only one team that was going to win it. We had chances to do that, too. There was some anti-football out there that prevented it. QPR killed the game.

Also from their offish...

It will quite an achievement if Abraham can maintain his impressive ratio but he is certainly on course to be the first player since Withe in 1980/81 to score 20 league goals in one season.
Dean Smith on 14:45 - Jan 2 with 5176 viewstraininvain

Dean Smith on 14:36 - Jan 2 by Northernr

On Tammy Abraham...
He's doing brilliantly. He's enjoying himself here and is developing as a player and a person.

On that old Brentford complaint, nasty team not letting us play our pretty game...

When we got the equaliser, there was only one team that was going to win it. We had chances to do that, too. There was some anti-football out there that prevented it. QPR killed the game.

It will quite an achievement if Abraham can maintain his impressive ratio but he is certainly on course to be the first player since Withe in 1980/81 to score 20 league goals in one season.

This make our shithousery yesterday all the more enjoyable. Lovely stuff.
Dean Smith on 14:46 - Jan 2 with 5161 viewskensalriser

Rapidly becoming a top team to dislike.

Thanks for the four points, gentlemen, look forward to next season's games!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Smith on 14:49 - Jan 2 with 5140 viewsNorthernr

On the video version he says Eze "bundles" in the second goal
Dean Smith on 14:50 - Jan 2 with 5134 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith on 14:36 - Jan 2 by Northernr

On Tammy Abraham...

Well he probably will, but not all at Villa.

That is wonderful news - without him and Grealish that's a play off rival (there, I've said it!) that's seriously weakened - good!
Dean Smith on 14:52 - Jan 2 with 5119 viewsNorthernr

Dean Smith on 14:50 - Jan 2 by PinnerPaul

Well he probably will, but not all at Villa.

That is wonderful news - without him and Grealish that's a play off rival (there, I've said it!) that's seriously weakened - good!

Also they don't go up this year they're in a big FFP hole.
Dean Smith on 15:01 - Jan 2 with 5072 viewssmegma

Dean Smith on 14:49 - Jan 2 by Northernr

On the video version he says Eze "bundles" in the second goal

And Freeman had a tap in ???
Dean Smith on 15:25 - Jan 2 with 4968 viewsdaveB

I did enjoy them all crying and surrounding the referee complaining that Freeman over celebrated his goal
Dean Smith on 15:28 - Jan 2 with 4949 viewsNorthernr

Dean Smith on 15:25 - Jan 2 by daveB

I did enjoy them all crying and surrounding the referee complaining that Freeman over celebrated his goal

Do you know what that was actually about - Freeman came right down our end of the pitch to celebrate which, Villa thought, put every QPR player back in our half so they could kick off. They tried it, but Pav realised what was going on over the other side of the pitch and deliberately stayed the Villa side of the halfway line so they couldn't. Not only that, but he was waving his arms around in front of the lino and fourth official to make sure they were all aware what he was doing so the kick off couldn't happen while our players were all buried in the away end. Villa hadn't seen Pav and tried the kick off anyway then went apeshit because they didn't know why the referee had stopped them. Very, very sharp bit of thinking from him otherwise they could have just run straight through.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dean Smith on 15:28 - Jan 2 with 4945 viewsPinnerPaul

Dean Smith on 15:25 - Jan 2 by daveB

What WAS that all about Dave?

Only seen the highlights (watching the 90' tomorrow when its put on the offy)

I know he ran to the other end of the pitch, but you see much more ott celebs than that every week - what were they complaining about?
Dean Smith on 15:30 - Jan 2 with 4933 viewsdaveB

Dean Smith on 15:28 - Jan 2 by Northernr

Do you know what that was actually about - Freeman came right down our end of the pitch to celebrate which, Villa thought, put every QPR player back in our half so they could kick off. They tried it, but Pav realised what was going on over the other side of the pitch and deliberately stayed the Villa side of the halfway line so they couldn't. Not only that, but he was waving his arms around in front of the lino and fourth official to make sure they were all aware what he was doing so the kick off couldn't happen while our players were all buried in the away end. Villa hadn't seen Pav and tried the kick off anyway then went apeshit because they didn't know why the referee had stopped them. Very, very sharp bit of thinking from him otherwise they could have just run straight through.

oh that makes more sense now, i thought they were just throwing a hissy fit over how long we celebrated for. What a very anti football thing to try
Dean Smith on 15:37 - Jan 2 with 4887 viewsJuzzie

So as well as that, they later tried to get Lumley back up and playing ASAP so he'd be staggering around like a zombie and they could try and get a goal from that.

And they accuse us of gamesmanship!!!! Hypocrites.
Dean Smith on 15:40 - Jan 2 with 4855 viewsPinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - that's interesting.

This has come up before on RefChat - as it has happened in other games.

In law the referee MUST give a signal to restart play after a goal, so its up to the ref when play restarts - its not a given you can just 'go' when all players are in own half.

Most refs would consider it 'sensible game management' not to start until all players are ready.

For example referee v Reading COULD have started 2nd half v Reading when we had been given more than enough time to come out, yet Wells STILL wasn't anywhere to be seen. However, he not only waited for him, but let him run across the centre circle to get into position.

Again, its back to 'what football expects' - no one would expect ref to start the game while the other team are celebrating a goal or when 1 team had only 10 men to start 2nd half.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:42]
Dean Smith on 15:46 - Jan 2 with 4807 viewsjonno

Dean Smith on 15:40 - Jan 2 by PinnerPaul

Thanks Clive - that's interesting.

This has come up before on RefChat - as it has happened in other games.

In law the referee MUST give a signal to restart play after a goal, so its up to the ref when play restarts - its not a given you can just 'go' when all players are in own half.

Most refs would consider it 'sensible game management' not to start until all players are ready.

For example referee v Reading COULD have started 2nd half v Reading when we had been given more than enough time to come out, yet Wells STILL wasn't anywhere to be seen. However, he not only waited for him, but let him run across the centre circle to get into position.

Again, its back to 'what football expects' - no one would expect ref to start the game while the other team are celebrating a goal or when 1 team had only 10 men to start 2nd half.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:42]

While all that makes perfect sense - there is actually nothing in the Laws that says the referee must ensure the opposing team is "ready" before the kick off is taken. It does say that they must all be in their own half though - so good work by Pav!
Dean Smith (n/t) on 15:52 - Jan 2 with 4754 viewsMick_S

[Post edited 2 Jan 2019 15:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dean Smith on 15:56 - Jan 2 with 4718 viewsnix

Dean Smith on 15:30 - Jan 2 by daveB

oh that makes more sense now, i thought they were just throwing a hissy fit over how long we celebrated for. What a very anti football thing to try

That's what I thought too Dave. Yes it's really unsportsmanlike. I've never seen players try to kick off while the other team are celebrating a goal.

And I agree they were also trying to get Lumley to play when he was still being worked on by the physios. And their fans were calling us the dirty team!
Dean Smith on 15:58 - Jan 2 with 4703 viewsPhildo

Villa forums a hoot today. Some suggesting they should just pony up the 18m to buy Abraham now. They seem to know nothing about FFP.
Dean Smith on 15:58 - Jan 2 with 4697 viewsted_hendrix

Forget about Dean bloody Smith and his uneducated comments about us, all they had to do at home was score more goals than us and they couldn't, if they were any good they would have.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Dean Smith on 16:13 - Jan 2 with 4620 viewsterryb

I'm still pissed off about this from the '83-84 season!

Away to Ipswich in the League Cup (4th round?), we equalised in the 89th minute.

We continued to celebrate in our own half as Ipswich kicked off & basically walked in the winner!

This is why you don't run the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of your supporters!

Well done to Pawel for stopping this happening yesterday.
Dean Smith on 16:16 - Jan 2 with 4594 viewsLongsufferingR

Dean Smith on 16:13 - Jan 2 by terryb

I'm still pissed off about this from the '83-84 season!

Away to Ipswich in the League Cup (4th round?), we equalised in the 89th minute.

We continued to celebrate in our own half as Ipswich kicked off & basically walked in the winner!

This is why you don't run the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of your supporters!

Well done to Pawel for stopping this happening yesterday.

Well done Pawel indeed BUT he could easily have got himself sent off. Having already been booked he came right up to the fence in front of us to celebrate our 2nd goal and was understandably mobbed by a bunch of us. If the ref had seen it instead of concentrating on those celebrating with EE, he could easily have been given a second card.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024