Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 206522 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:49 - May 27 with 1950 viewsSnipper

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:48 - May 27 by kensalriser

I don't think this election has told us much we didn't already know except perhaps the Tories are in greater trouble than they might have thought, and that it's most likely the beginning of the end for Corbyn.

I'm actually fine with the result. I'm sad that so many chose to vote for a man I have no doubt is at heart a Neo-fascist, but as a single issue event opportunity for hardcore leavers to express their view, the numbers just don't stack up.

‘I'm sad that so many chose to vote for a man I have no doubt is at heart a Neo-fascist.’

Farage isn’t a fascist. The Brexit Party aren’t fascists. And most people who voted for them aren’t fascists.

The main stream media and the likes of Momentum have peddled this rubbish.
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:04 - May 27 with 1923 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:19 - May 27 by traininvain

As I said before the greens were more about Green issues

The Greens urged voters to say “Yes to Europe, No to climate change”. They vowed to campaign for another referendum on Brexit, which they called “an unforgivable act of intergenerational betrayal”.

And you accuse the BBC of spin!

I like the greens and I hope they do ok in a GE but people did not really vote for them for remain, it was only really the LD's that carried the remain flag but now we have Vince Cable claiming they (LD) are the new power in politics. apart from a few pockets, they were trashed in the rest of the country and will be again in a GE.

The bloke is deluded as have the LD been for years, how many seats did they get in the last GE.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:07 - May 27 with 1910 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:49 - May 27 by Snipper

‘I'm sad that so many chose to vote for a man I have no doubt is at heart a Neo-fascist.’

Farage isn’t a fascist. The Brexit Party aren’t fascists. And most people who voted for them aren’t fascists.

The main stream media and the likes of Momentum have peddled this rubbish.

Whoops sorry I downvoted you by mistake

That's the thing if you vote to leave you are a fascist, it's the same insults we have heard ever since the Referendum.

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:10 - May 27 with 1895 viewsSnipper

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:07 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Whoops sorry I downvoted you by mistake

That's the thing if you vote to leave you are a fascist, it's the same insults we have heard ever since the Referendum.

I’ll upvote you to show there’s no hard feelings. 😀😀😀
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:15 - May 27 with 1883 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:10 - May 27 by Snipper

I’ll upvote you to show there’s no hard feelings. 😀😀😀

[Post edited 27 May 2019 18:16]

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:15 - May 27 with 1880 viewsHayesender

According to Anna Soubry , change UK had the largest vote of any new party ever in UK politics.

Nurse!!!!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:17 - May 27 with 1873 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:15 - May 27 by Hayesender

According to Anna Soubry , change UK had the largest vote of any new party ever in UK politics.

Nurse!!!!

Her own leader was telling everyone to vote LD/Greens LOL
[Post edited 27 May 2019 20:13]

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:19 - May 27 with 1861 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:04 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I like the greens and I hope they do ok in a GE but people did not really vote for them for remain, it was only really the LD's that carried the remain flag but now we have Vince Cable claiming they (LD) are the new power in politics. apart from a few pockets, they were trashed in the rest of the country and will be again in a GE.

The bloke is deluded as have the LD been for years, how many seats did they get in the last GE.

‘People did not really vote for them for remain’ must be a coincidence that they just happen to oppose Brexit.

“Take action on climate breakdown and join our fight to stop Brexit and stop climate change. Become a member of the Green Party today.”

"We have the most progressive vision for Britain's place in Europe, and we will always stand up for real democracy."

“Real democracy
The terms of Brexit weren’t on the ballot paper. We need a people’s vote on the final deal and our place in Europe”

Brexit was a key point in their campaign and it’s disingenuous to suggest otherwise. It’s all in black and white on their website if you want to have a look: https://campaigns.greenparty.org.uk/
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:22 - May 27 with 1852 viewsSharpy36

Nurse!!!!

Did you see the result for Broxtowe ?

That result in itself gave me the greatest pleasure. She`s deranged.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Our country is fckd match thread on 19:39 - May 27 with 1758 viewsBluce_Ree

LOL it's all turned out c**t again.

Fk it. Past caring now I think.

The country, as a whole, seems fked but life carries on. We'll be back to arguing about whether or not male athletes can be women and whether or not toilets are racist or something later.

In the meantime I'm moving to a quiet village and keeping my head down until *checks watch* I die of old fking age.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:08 - May 27 with 1733 viewsSnipper

Nurse!!!!

It’s catching. I’ve down arrowed you by mistake. Lol

Sorry 😇😇😇.
Our country is fckd match thread on 20:27 - May 27 with 1704 viewsessextaxiboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:58 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's the same split of votes as it was in the referendum, which kills off the bolx of remain that leave voters have changed their minds.

...or that they are all dead
Our country is fckd match thread on 20:30 - May 27 with 1698 viewsBucksRanger

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:53 - May 27 with 1629 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:08 - May 26 by QPR_John

But there are 193 sovereign states in the UN of which 165 are not in the EU. They seem to trade OK so why cannot we when out of the EU and become the 166th. The EU are not and never have been interested in a planned departure and all they want is to punish us for leaving their club.

But there is a well known economic assessment that shows any country trades most with countries that are geographically close. 45% of UK exports go to the EU.

For most industrial sectors tariff rates are not that significant. It is the non tariff barriers that are the real hurdle. Tariff rates will affect agricultural and mechanical engineering sectors, I.e. food trade and cars. But if your qualifications arent accepted because you are a Third Country National, it affects banking, insurance, legal , IT, financial services, accountancy. Services make up 80% of UK economy and we have a surplus with EU.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:01 - May 27 with 1611 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:26 - May 26 by QPR_John

Countries that have free trade deals with the EU have in reality free trade deals with us and I assume are happy with that. While I agree they will end when we leave why will it be so difficult to resurrect said deals between us and those countries. All the details have been ironed out so surely it is just a matter of paper work.

I'll use the old cliche. Assume makes an ass of you and me.

Why will it be difficult to resurrect deals? It depends. 1. The UK has very few trade negotiators and priority will be to ensure the 45% ic trade we do with EU doesn't collapse. 2. Some small scale deals may be easily reproducible but where we do less than 1% of our trade. 3. The details will have changed. We will be a market of 65m, instead of 500m.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:12 - May 27 with 1591 viewsderbyhoop

The biggest take from the EU elections is that the country is hopelessly divided. Farage had the biggest vote share and won the most seats. But the anti Brexit parties (LD, SNP, Green, Plaid) had the biggest share of the popular vote. How you count Tory and Labour who are hopelessly divided is anybody's guess. As is the future.

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:19 - May 27 with 1581 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:01 - May 27 by derbyhoop

I'll use the old cliche. Assume makes an ass of you and me.

Why will it be difficult to resurrect deals? It depends. 1. The UK has very few trade negotiators and priority will be to ensure the 45% ic trade we do with EU doesn't collapse. 2. Some small scale deals may be easily reproducible but where we do less than 1% of our trade. 3. The details will have changed. We will be a market of 65m, instead of 500m.

"1. The UK has very few trade negotiators "

But that is my point all the negotiations have been done all it needs is a signature on a contract

"3. The details will have changed. We will be a market of 65m, instead of 500m."

I am not suggesting it will be a deal with us or the EU, country X can simply replicate the same deal with us as it has with the EU. Unless of course the deals made by the EU were only for the 435m and we got no benefit from them.

[Post edited 27 May 2019 22:24]
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:53 - May 27 with 1547 viewsessextaxiboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:12 - May 27 by derbyhoop

The biggest take from the EU elections is that the country is hopelessly divided. Farage had the biggest vote share and won the most seats. But the anti Brexit parties (LD, SNP, Green, Plaid) had the biggest share of the popular vote. How you count Tory and Labour who are hopelessly divided is anybody's guess. As is the future.

Are you really saying that the Tory voters are split 50/50.? and that no one voted Green on solely environmental concerns or SNP on nationalist grounds? ...
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:57 - May 27 with 1541 viewsloftboy

I see Vince Cable hasn’t grasped the idea that the views in London don’t represent the views of the rest of of England and Wales.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:09 - May 27 with 1530 viewsQPR_Jim

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:19 - May 27 by QPR_John

"1. The UK has very few trade negotiators "

But that is my point all the negotiations have been done all it needs is a signature on a contract

"3. The details will have changed. We will be a market of 65m, instead of 500m."

I am not suggesting it will be a deal with us or the EU, country X can simply replicate the same deal with us as it has with the EU. Unless of course the deals made by the EU were only for the 435m and we got no benefit from them.

[Post edited 27 May 2019 22:24]

"Unless of course the deals made by the EU were only for the 435m and we got no benefit from them."

What on earth are you on about? It's not about who gets what benefit, it's about getting the best deal by collective bargaining. If you go in solo you won't get the same kind of deal.

Can you not see that a free trade deal where you potentially give away domestic market share to foreign companies is less desirable if your own companies only have access to 65m potential new customers rather than 500m? What kind of amateur negotiators would take the same risk for less reward? They'd want more favourable terms when negotiating with the UK alone not just the same deal as they have with the EU.
Our country is fckd match thread on 00:33 - May 28 with 1488 viewsSharpy36

"But there is a well known economic assessment that shows any country trades most with countries that are geographically close. 45% of UK exports go to the EU"

That's down from 55% in 2006.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Our country is fckd match thread on 06:54 - May 28 with 1404 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:33 - May 28 by Sharpy36

"But there is a well known economic assessment that shows any country trades most with countries that are geographically close. 45% of UK exports go to the EU"

Yes it is down. Perhaps that is because we are doing more trade with the rest of the world. Something Brexiteers claim we cannot do.

Our country is fckd match thread on 07:54 - May 28 with 1374 viewsjonno

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:33 - May 28 by Sharpy36

And surely that 45% figure is that high because we have trade deals/no tariffs with the EU which we don't have with other countries around the world. Once there are trade deals arranged with other countries then those percentages will change.
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:48 - May 28 with 1240 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:09 - May 27 by QPR_Jim

"Unless of course the deals made by the EU were only for the 435m and we got no benefit from them."

What on earth are you on about? It's not about who gets what benefit, it's about getting the best deal by collective bargaining. If you go in solo you won't get the same kind of deal.

Can you not see that a free trade deal where you potentially give away domestic market share to foreign companies is less desirable if your own companies only have access to 65m potential new customers rather than 500m? What kind of amateur negotiators would take the same risk for less reward? They'd want more favourable terms when negotiating with the UK alone not just the same deal as they have with the EU.

'

What on earth are you on about? It's not about who gets what benefit, it's about getting the best deal by collective bargaining. If you go in solo you won't get the same kind of deal. '

If a deal was made with country X with us via the EU then that country must have been happy to deal with us. As such why would they not continue that deal after we left the EU, the deal exists it will not be a new deal. No nnegotiations needed as its all been done.
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:04 - May 28 with 1221 viewsQPR_Jim

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:48 - May 28 by QPR_John

'

What on earth are you on about? It's not about who gets what benefit, it's about getting the best deal by collective bargaining. If you go in solo you won't get the same kind of deal. '

If a deal was made with country X with us via the EU then that country must have been happy to deal with us. As such why would they not continue that deal after we left the EU, the deal exists it will not be a new deal. No nnegotiations needed as its all been done.

"If a deal was made with country X with us via the EU"

Trade deals are made with the EU not with the UK via the EU, so any existing deal with "country X" will be for access to the whole EU market which is more attractive than just a UK market.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024