Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 13:47 - Jan 23 with 23834 viewstoboboly

Possible phenomenal year kicking off today with the first test v Windies

I have tickets for the world cup and the ashes, cannot wait!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket on 21:30 - May 19 with 2705 viewsElHoop

Cricket on 20:47 - May 19 by toboboly

TMS said that the World Cup pitches are produced by the ICC not the groundskeepers over here. But they then said that the biggest viewing audience is in India and they like to watch batting so it may work in our favour.

Yes it looks as if they/you are right. ICC set the pitches for the Champions Trophy two years ago and a par score was around 300 with something in them for the bowlers. I would imagine that the official warm up games starting next weekend might take place on ICC approved pitches so that'll be interesting to see - our first wam up game is against Oz.

I thought that Pakistan were better today even though they lost by quite a lot. They bowled better and were a bit unlucky with the bat. Shadab is on his way so they'll have him on board when it starts for proper. However England are worthy favourites - we seem to be stronger than most in all departments and we bat right down to the bottom.
Cricket on 07:38 - May 20 with 2574 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket on 21:30 - May 19 by ElHoop

Yes it looks as if they/you are right. ICC set the pitches for the Champions Trophy two years ago and a par score was around 300 with something in them for the bowlers. I would imagine that the official warm up games starting next weekend might take place on ICC approved pitches so that'll be interesting to see - our first wam up game is against Oz.

I thought that Pakistan were better today even though they lost by quite a lot. They bowled better and were a bit unlucky with the bat. Shadab is on his way so they'll have him on board when it starts for proper. However England are worthy favourites - we seem to be stronger than most in all departments and we bat right down to the bottom.

I fancy our chances quite a bit,but I think to stand more of a chance Moeen needs to be dropped.He seems to be the weakest link at the minute.He can’t seem to get a score with the bat and the bowling isn’t the best at the minute.
If we’re under pressure in a game or two the last thing we need is him thrashing around for another low score.
Cricket on 08:27 - May 27 with 2442 viewstoboboly

Just off to the Oval to watch the warm up game Eng v Afg. Hope there are no injuries and glad it means I won’t have to know whom is doing what in the playoff final.

Cricket on 08:50 - May 29 with 2333 viewsElHoop

Well tomorrow it starts for proper - England v South Africa.

I fancy England to win this fairly comfortably. However the Aussie warm up defeat didn't exactly do much to eliminate my doubts. When push comes to shove in a tight game, do we have the matchwinners to take the bull by the horns and get us over the line? I'm not convinced. We look a little bit soft in a crisis - not enough proper test players to add some backbone. Instead we're aiming to batter everyone into oblivion - we might manage it in the group stage but the semi final and final will be a different ball game.

Was impressed by Australia in the warm ups. I still fancy Pakistan to do well - Shadab is back and they've recalled Riaz who might be a bit long in the tooth but has enough about him to be a factor.

Am intrigued by Afghanistan - a good warm up win against Pakistan and then smashed by England. They look a bit green, which they are fully entitled to do at this level. Batting first didn't seem to suit them - I think that they'll be better off chasing in this tournament.

The Windies crushed the Kiwis yesterday with a 400+ score - that's the danger with them - on their day they can smash anyone out of the game and most of them seem to be coming into form.

So they're the teams that I'll be wanting to watch the most - England, Australia, Pakistan, Windies and Afghanistan. I reckon that one of them will win it anyway.
Cricket on 10:40 - May 30 with 2234 viewsBlackCrowe

Cricket on 08:50 - May 29 by ElHoop

Well tomorrow it starts for proper - England v South Africa.

I fancy England to win this fairly comfortably. However the Aussie warm up defeat didn't exactly do much to eliminate my doubts. When push comes to shove in a tight game, do we have the matchwinners to take the bull by the horns and get us over the line? I'm not convinced. We look a little bit soft in a crisis - not enough proper test players to add some backbone. Instead we're aiming to batter everyone into oblivion - we might manage it in the group stage but the semi final and final will be a different ball game.

Was impressed by Australia in the warm ups. I still fancy Pakistan to do well - Shadab is back and they've recalled Riaz who might be a bit long in the tooth but has enough about him to be a factor.

Am intrigued by Afghanistan - a good warm up win against Pakistan and then smashed by England. They look a bit green, which they are fully entitled to do at this level. Batting first didn't seem to suit them - I think that they'll be better off chasing in this tournament.

The Windies crushed the Kiwis yesterday with a 400+ score - that's the danger with them - on their day they can smash anyone out of the game and most of them seem to be coming into form.

So they're the teams that I'll be wanting to watch the most - England, Australia, Pakistan, Windies and Afghanistan. I reckon that one of them will win it anyway.

1-1. Yikes.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket on 11:07 - May 30 with 2219 viewsElHoop

Cricket on 10:40 - May 30 by BlackCrowe

1-1. Yikes.

I don't think that it's the wicket that we wanted. 300-320 will probably be enough.
Cricket on 22:17 - Nov 20 with 1933 viewsaston_hoop

Sky focussed for a bit on an Rs shirt in the crowd at the 1st test tonight! anyone off of here?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket on 04:54 - Nov 21 with 1869 viewsKiwi76

She’s been a very slow day but beautiful weather & top location to doze in sun.
Just taken Denley so 203-4
NZ hasn’t bowled well but have been tight at least
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket on 09:10 - Nov 22 with 1753 viewsThe_Beast1976

Saw a couple of QPR tops around the ground first 2 days. Will wear mine tomorrow if we beat Foolham first thing
Cricket on 22:19 - Nov 29 with 1627 viewsflynnbo

Nice prolonged footage of a QPR fan at the cricket just now doing some scoring.
Cricket on 20:54 - Jul 26 with 1402 viewsthame_hoops

I was lucky enough to be at the oval today (courtesy of Middlesex) nice to see live sport but very odd with all the social distancing . Hoping it’s not the only game I can go to this season, anyone else go?
Cricket on 20:57 - Jul 26 with 1381 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cricket on 20:54 - Jul 26 by thame_hoops

I was lucky enough to be at the oval today (courtesy of Middlesex) nice to see live sport but very odd with all the social distancing . Hoping it’s not the only game I can go to this season, anyone else go?

I'm going tomorrow
Cricket on 23:02 - Jul 26 with 1288 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket on 20:57 - Jul 26 by The_Beast1976

I'm going tomorrow

Hope the weather stays ok mate
Cricket on 03:49 - Jul 27 with 1235 viewstimcocking

Broad has totally made a fool of the selection committee.

England Cricket has had incompetent selection for my entire life. If it's possible to make a bad decision, they'll make it.
Cricket on 10:24 - Jul 27 with 1180 viewstoboboly

Cricket on 03:49 - Jul 27 by timcocking

England Cricket has had incompetent selection for my entire life. If it's possible to make a bad decision, they'll make it.

Quite right, winning the 2010 T20, multiple Ashes series in the last 15 years, beating India in India and the 2019 World Cup were all terrible decisions.

They got it wrong with Broad, but you could understand the thought process behind the decision.

Cricket on 10:53 - Jul 27 with 1168 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket on 10:24 - Jul 27 by toboboly

Quite right, winning the 2010 T20, multiple Ashes series in the last 15 years, beating India in India and the 2019 World Cup were all terrible decisions.

They got it wrong with Broad, but you could understand the thought process behind the decision.

this series was more about resting/rotating seeing as people hadn't played in a long time, broad seemed to take it personally. great player and his mrs is FIT
Cricket on 11:11 - Jul 27 with 1142 viewsdanehoop

Cricket on 03:49 - Jul 27 by timcocking

Interesting how you can view that both ways. The selectors have the slight advantage over us of seeing all of the squad over an extensive period of time, looking in great detail at performances and trying to consider the right playing balance for each game. Not sure that they got it too far wrong in the first test, but some key players didn't perform.

Bringing Broad in for the second test didn't prove the selectors wrong or suddenly make them poor, arguably it proves them very good in that they had a fully motivated player on their hands who is bowling possibly faster than he has for two years. Perhaps having that sat out that game has worked wonders for a player who needed a bit more motivation to perform.

Remember they also have to plan for a new bowling attack for the inevitable period in the next 12 -18 months when the Broad/Anderson partnership will end. The first test gave them a chance to see what that potentially looked like. This series has offered a great opportunity for them to look at the options available and look to get the balance of the team right. I think the bigger talking point is the decision to select Wokes ahead of Curran in this test. Curran's left arm medium fast seam would have perhaps offered something different from another right arm medium fast seam bowler, without necessarily weakening the batting line up. That probably gives a good hint that they see Wokes as one of the most likely to step into (presumably) Anderson's shows.

Never knowingly understood

Cricket on 10:57 - Jul 28 with 1070 viewsElHoop

Broady does tend to get written off every now and then and sooner or later the 'writing offers' will be correct but for now he's still playing like one of our greatest ever bowlers. His 500th wicket will surely fall this morning and well done when it does. A true legend.

Cricket on 11:04 - Jul 28 with 1056 viewsstowmarketrange

It seems strange to me that a whole day’s play was lost yesterday but they don’t start at 10.30 to try to make up for lost time.They day a total of 98 overs are to be bowled today,but does an extra 8 overs really make up for a whole day’s play?
Cricket on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 1007 viewstoboboly

Cricket on 11:04 - Jul 28 by stowmarketrange

It seems strange to me that a whole day’s play was lost yesterday but they don’t start at 10.30 to try to make up for lost time.They day a total of 98 overs are to be bowled today,but does an extra 8 overs really make up for a whole day’s play?

No, crickets biggest problem is their recalcitrance over timings/weather delays.

On another note, Dan Norcross. How can he keep getting commentary gigs with TMS. He is fcking awful.

Cricket on 13:14 - Jul 28 with 977 viewsTheChef

Cricket on 12:27 - Jul 28 by toboboly

No, crickets biggest problem is their recalcitrance over timings/weather delays.

On another note, Dan Norcross. How can he keep getting commentary gigs with TMS. He is fcking awful.

TMS is not very good these days - bit too matey and 'bantzy-y, don't know if they think that is how they will attract a younger audience?

I really liked the recent TalkSport commentary, hope they get another gig soon.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 956 viewstimcocking

Congratulations Stuart Broad, it's a terrific effort.

Go back a while, i considered him a liability at times, bowling short to little purpose all the bloody time, but he's just kept on improving.
Cricket on 17:53 - Jul 29 with 891 viewslightwaterhoop

A big thanks to the West Indies for coming over in these times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024