Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terms That Best Sum Up The Season 18:10 - May 5 with 3848 viewsDorse

'Character-building'?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 03:13 - May 7 with 520 viewstimcocking

'Ilias Chair - the best player ever to put on a Stevenage shirt...'
Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 03:33 - May 7 with 519 viewsisawqpratwcity

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 02:58 - May 7 by PunteR

Absolute rubbish.
He spent OUR money. We got into the prem without him. Our current owners have put us back years, decades even and you want to just brush it under the carpet?
Tony is a lot poorer??
Character forming ??

Absolute nonsense.
We've been disgraceful with the way we've thrown money down the drain.
You've got to do better then that isaw..

Our money? Who actually owns the club? Do you think Fernandes paid for a Championship club or a Premier club?

Do you think Ecclestone and Briatore sold the club unwillingly and for the same as what they paid for it? No, they liquidated the greatly increased value as folding money and pissed off with it as fast as they could.

All that Premiership income, where do you think it went? All of it, and a lot more besides, went to the club. There's a few who think Fernandes is only here for a big payday. That remains to be seen, but sure as eggs he's heaps out at the moment. Tell Tony that was OUR money, he'll be most relieved!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 08:37 - May 7 with 473 viewsDannyPaddox

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 03:13 - May 7 by timcocking

'Ilias Chair - the best player ever to put on a Stevenage shirt...'

Maybe the worst attempt at a compliment I've seen in world football.
Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 08:38 - May 7 with 473 viewsRangersDave

Character Building?

who for? us?

i'd have thought any negative adjective for how its left us fans would suffice.

If you mean the team and everyone around the team i'd say its done nothing for them except swell their bank balance and anyone who thinks someone has come out of this season well, needs to reassess his/herself.

Get ready for next seasons 'character building' crash dive into league 1

Even having Messi in this team and Klop as manager wont help this lot!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 08:44 - May 7 with 470 viewsconnell10

God awful pink kits, i mean F UCKING PINK, what were they thinking!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 09:08 - May 7 with 466 viewsPunteR

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 03:33 - May 7 by isawqpratwcity

Our money? Who actually owns the club? Do you think Fernandes paid for a Championship club or a Premier club?

Do you think Ecclestone and Briatore sold the club unwillingly and for the same as what they paid for it? No, they liquidated the greatly increased value as folding money and pissed off with it as fast as they could.

All that Premiership income, where do you think it went? All of it, and a lot more besides, went to the club. There's a few who think Fernandes is only here for a big payday. That remains to be seen, but sure as eggs he's heaps out at the moment. Tell Tony that was OUR money, he'll be most relieved!

Most of the premier league money i'm assuming went on players, managers and agents. It didn't get invested into our infrastructure. They've paid all the bills for sure but that's what they are supposed to do.
Why do rich successful businessmen buy football clubs? I don't believe they do it for a big payday but there must be financial reasons for it. They're not doing it out of the goodness of the heart are they?
I replied to Kensals post as he correctly pointed out that we spend most of our seasons in the lower half of the championship, that's fair enough and worth pointing out. But when you take in all the other factors, money spent, two times in the premier league its perfectly reasonable for fans to feel so dejected when we're back down there arguably in a worse state then we were 10 years ago.
Lets see what the next 10 years brings us. Hopefully our very own new stadium, hopefully our very own new training ground. Hopefully and most importantly a bit of stability on and off the pitch. And no its not my sense of entitlement as you put it but out of a genuine concern for the future of the club.
And lets get this right, it was Tony Fernandes that promised us all the above and so far has failed to deliver. I'm not even sure the fans were even asking for a new stadium, just get the old club badge back was good enough.. Ok TF has got that right.!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 16:10 - May 7 with 420 viewsisawqpratwcity

Terms That Best Sum Up The Season on 09:08 - May 7 by PunteR

Most of the premier league money i'm assuming went on players, managers and agents. It didn't get invested into our infrastructure. They've paid all the bills for sure but that's what they are supposed to do.
Why do rich successful businessmen buy football clubs? I don't believe they do it for a big payday but there must be financial reasons for it. They're not doing it out of the goodness of the heart are they?
I replied to Kensals post as he correctly pointed out that we spend most of our seasons in the lower half of the championship, that's fair enough and worth pointing out. But when you take in all the other factors, money spent, two times in the premier league its perfectly reasonable for fans to feel so dejected when we're back down there arguably in a worse state then we were 10 years ago.
Lets see what the next 10 years brings us. Hopefully our very own new stadium, hopefully our very own new training ground. Hopefully and most importantly a bit of stability on and off the pitch. And no its not my sense of entitlement as you put it but out of a genuine concern for the future of the club.
And lets get this right, it was Tony Fernandes that promised us all the above and so far has failed to deliver. I'm not even sure the fans were even asking for a new stadium, just get the old club badge back was good enough.. Ok TF has got that right.!

When you figure out what financial reasons make people buy football clubs, enlighten us (and them) because I'd bet that 98% end up poorer. At least you're not claiming it was our money anymore.
"They've paid all the bills for sure but that's what they are supposed to do." That sounds like a sense of entitlement to me. B&E managed to avoid spending most of the time. Chris Wright nearly went broke running the club.
But you wanted Fernandes to foot the massive bills trying to stay in the Premier and invest in infrastructure as well? Give us everything, please, and immediately? Besides, as we're seeing, stadiums and training grounds aren't as easily bought as an Ikea flatpack.
And of course the fans didn't want a new stadium, not even those complaining about the legroom, obstructed views or the water pressure in the bogs. But most fans are finally realising that we need a new stadium, for FFP if no other reason.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024