Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool Result..... 21:59 - May 7 with 10898 viewsdale1968

Always thought another stuffing was on the cards but
WOW.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Liverpool Result..... on 12:56 - May 8 with 2181 viewsAncoats_Blue

Liverpool Result..... on 11:46 - May 8 by diver

Great positive football from Liverpool pity Brexit was not handled in he same way!!

What has last nights match, or any football match, got to do with Brexit?
Liverpool Result..... on 13:56 - May 8 with 2077 viewsdiver

Analogy between positive football and dealing with European bureaucrats think about it!,
Liverpool Result..... on 15:13 - May 8 with 2003 viewsDaleiLama

Liverpool Result..... on 12:54 - May 8 by aleanddale

Congrats to Liverpool that must have been an amazing night.

Just how bad were Barca though?

The defending for the final 3 goals in the second half was shocking.

Barca actually looked like they had given up defending as soon as the second went in.

On the basis they might only lose once in the league this year and still not win the prem I have no issues if they lifted the Champions league.

City and Liverpool with one big trophy each seems about right to me after seeing that performance last night.

The first half of your post would have worked for quite a few of our games in this campaign ……….

"Congrats to X that must have been an amazing afternoon.

Just how bad were Dale though?

Dale actually looked like they had given up defending as soon as the second went in"

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Liverpool Result..... on 18:43 - May 8 with 1824 viewskiwidale

Liverpool Result..... on 12:54 - May 8 by aleanddale

Congrats to Liverpool that must have been an amazing night.

Just how bad were Barca though?

Barca actually looked like they had given up defending as soon as the second went in.

On the basis they might only lose once in the league this year and still not win the prem I have no issues if they lifted the Champions league.

City and Liverpool with one big trophy each seems about right to me after seeing that performance last night.

If Liverpool win the champions cup and City win the premiership who do you think will be hailed as the best team in Europe and arguably the best in the World? It wont be City. Will the rest of Europe remember or care who won the premiership? The premiership is in the scheme of things nothing more than a qualifying group for the champions cup. Does the average fan care or know who wins the Spanish, Italian, German or Dutch leagues? I guarantee most football fans across Europe will marvel at last nights result and will watch the champions league final.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 18:50]

This is not the time for bickering.

Liverpool Result..... on 19:00 - May 8 with 1793 viewsfrenzied

As it stands it’s poss that the 2 major European finals will be contested across 4 English sides..surely a first for any nation in the same year.?

Unfortunately the % of British players across those 4 sides will be relatively small..looking back on the European winning sides of Liverpool and Forest in the 70s and 80s..these were sides made up of British players.

I
Liverpool Result..... on 19:19 - May 8 with 1752 viewsColDale

Liverpool Result..... on 18:43 - May 8 by kiwidale

If Liverpool win the champions cup and City win the premiership who do you think will be hailed as the best team in Europe and arguably the best in the World? It wont be City. Will the rest of Europe remember or care who won the premiership? The premiership is in the scheme of things nothing more than a qualifying group for the champions cup. Does the average fan care or know who wins the Spanish, Italian, German or Dutch leagues? I guarantee most football fans across Europe will marvel at last nights result and will watch the champions league final.

On the assumption that City win the Prem and Liverpool win the Champs League, would their fans prefer it to be the other way around?
Liverpool Result..... on 19:28 - May 8 with 1731 viewskiwidale

Liverpool Result..... on 19:19 - May 8 by ColDale

On the assumption that City win the Prem and Liverpool win the Champs League, would their fans prefer it to be the other way around?

An interesting question and one I have asked down my local most of them said the premiership was the priority and the one Liverpool fan was adamant that he did not care about the champions cup, nice if it happens but secondary to winning the premiership.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 19:29]

Liverpool Result..... on 21:02 - May 8 with 1643 viewsJumeirahDale

Liverpool Result..... on 19:28 - May 8 by kiwidale

An interesting question and one I have asked down my local most of them said the premiership was the priority and the one Liverpool fan was adamant that he did not care about the champions cup, nice if it happens but secondary to winning the premiership.
[Post edited 8 May 2019 19:29]

Impossible to know for certain of course, but I think I'd feel the same. Obviously the CL is the pinnacle of world football, but the Premiership is what you show up for 38 times a season, week in and week out. It is the bread and butter, and I'd much rather win that than the CL.
Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool Result..... on 21:26 - May 8 with 1615 viewspioneer

Do you mean if liverpool win the champions league(hopefully they wont have a clown in goal this year) and city win the premier league, f.a.cup and league cup?

City are not the only club to be propped up by millions from foreign ownership.

Lets face it ...the champions league and the premiership are won annually by the best team money can buy. Thats why it would be great to see Ajax win it.
Liverpool Result..... on 21:34 - May 8 with 1607 viewsNigeriamark

Liverpool Result..... on 21:26 - May 8 by pioneer

Do you mean if liverpool win the champions league(hopefully they wont have a clown in goal this year) and city win the premier league, f.a.cup and league cup?

City are not the only club to be propped up by millions from foreign ownership.

Lets face it ...the champions league and the premiership are won annually by the best team money can buy. Thats why it would be great to see Ajax win it.

Another decent game going on at the moment. 2-2. Can spurs get 3 in 45 mins for another historic come back. Didn’t look like it in the first half
Liverpool Result..... on 21:59 - May 8 with 1565 viewsD_Alien

Liverpool Result..... on 21:34 - May 8 by Nigeriamark

Another decent game going on at the moment. 2-2. Can spurs get 3 in 45 mins for another historic come back. Didn’t look like it in the first half

Erm.........!!!!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Liverpool Result..... on 22:01 - May 8 with 1563 viewsNigeriamark

Liverpool Result..... on 21:59 - May 8 by D_Alien

Erm.........!!!!

Dare I say even more dramatic than last night!! What a couple of matches
Liverpool Result..... on 22:03 - May 8 with 1552 viewsJumeirahDale

Blimey!
Liverpool Result..... on 22:08 - May 8 with 1538 viewsJumeirahDale

Obviously it was being held to a draw at Spotland that "spurred" them on. They can engrave Steve Davies' head on the trophy when they win it.
Liverpool Result..... on 22:13 - May 8 with 1505 viewsSandyman

They can win away at Ajax but they can't win away at Dale
Liverpool Result..... on 23:03 - May 8 with 1395 viewsShun

Two absolutely sensational matches! What a competition this season’s Champions League has been!
Liverpool Result..... on 00:04 - May 9 with 1316 viewsdamon791

Liverpool are 6th in the table of net spend behind Everton!

Man City have spent 505m Net spend in last 5 yrs
Liverpool have spent 159m net spend in last 5 yrs

It’s an amazing job Klopp has done to just keep up with city.
Liverpool Result..... on 00:19 - May 9 with 1300 viewsSandyman

Liverpool Result..... on 00:04 - May 9 by damon791

Net - Liverpool potted a few quid in player sales which City and others didn't . Nice work.
Liverpool Result..... on 00:24 - May 9 with 1295 viewsdingdangblue

Of course fans care who has won their domestic league. For me the Champions League has always required that bit of luck (like every cup competition) - the best team in Europe doesn't necessarily win it. The domestic league however is different, over the course of the season the best team wins.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Liverpool Result..... on 00:31 - May 9 with 1290 viewsSandyman

True, but Kiwi's assertion is spot on as well. Nobody in Europe gives a shiny shite that Liverpool and Spurs were not champions of the English Premier League. But those teams will contest the final and the winners will be Champions of Europe, irrespective of the fact that Man City won the Premiership last year.
Liverpool Result..... on 02:18 - May 9 with 1252 viewsdamon791

Liverpool Result..... on 00:19 - May 9 by Sandyman

Net - Liverpool potted a few quid in player sales which City and others didn't . Nice work.

That’s the point put your brain in gear before you post👍
Liverpool Result..... on 04:16 - May 9 with 1223 viewsnordenblue

Liverpool Result..... on 00:04 - May 9 by damon791

Don't really get this "net spend", they've still spent a ridiculous amount of money like everyone else has,it's just someone was silly enough to pay crazy money for 1 of their players,ultimately without even weakening the side.

Net spend is brilliant news for their accountant, it won't say that on any trophy they hand out in a few weeks time mind.
Liverpool Result..... on 10:35 - May 9 with 1044 viewskiwidale

Liverpool Result..... on 04:16 - May 9 by nordenblue

Don't really get this "net spend", they've still spent a ridiculous amount of money like everyone else has,it's just someone was silly enough to pay crazy money for 1 of their players,ultimately without even weakening the side.

Net spend is brilliant news for their accountant, it won't say that on any trophy they hand out in a few weeks time mind.

Got to agree that net spend is great for a balance sheet but the figure that is relevant is how much did they spend on buying players?

Liverpool Result..... on 11:05 - May 9 with 988 viewsnordenblue

Liverpool Result..... on 10:35 - May 9 by kiwidale

Got to agree that net spend is great for a balance sheet but the figure that is relevant is how much did they spend on buying players?

Liverpool have spent £411m since 2016, United £392 as a comparison,hardly spare change then acording to this slightly outdated report.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11449358/jurgen-klopp-v-jose-mouri
Liverpool Result..... on 11:23 - May 9 with 969 viewsfrenzied

You can spend as much as you want on players but if the attitude amongst some of them is wrong then they will achieve nothing ie Man Utd .

Klopp and Mr P at Spurs are obviously tactically very estute but their real smartness lies in their ability to get above average players to perform 20% better over 90 minutes.

The talent across the top 6 prem sides is prob pretty equal but the "petulant child" syndrome is more prevalent in some sides than others.

Money can buy you the most talented but if the attitudes wrong you've no chance
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024