Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 54434 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:53 - Jul 10 with 1359 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:19 - Jul 10 by Kiwi76

😎
Good grief that was tough - had to follow via cricinfo as Borneo not a hotbed of cricket fans.
Well done my team for posting some sort of total then bowling & fielding brilliantly.
Definitely worried as long as Dhoni was at crease.
Hope we can at least perform to our best in final as shocker vs Aussie last time round - just about our worst game of tournament.
Guptill tonne & Boult/Ferguson in the wickets...
Hope home side wins though tonight.

Congratulations on making it when everybody was saying that facing NZ was the plum semi-final!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch and if England don't make it I will be rooting for NZ for the second WC final in a row. Nice to hear Jeremy Coney almost losing it on the radio, he was clearly chuffed to bits.

One thing I haven't heard is the usual debate as to whether it was down to poor bartting or good bowling - the impression I got from TMS was that India didn't throw their wickets away. it was just down to a tricky pitch and good bowling and fielding.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 00:33 - Jul 11 with 1317 viewsLythamR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:53 - Jul 10 by CiderwithRsie

Congratulations on making it when everybody was saying that facing NZ was the plum semi-final!

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch and if England don't make it I will be rooting for NZ for the second WC final in a row. Nice to hear Jeremy Coney almost losing it on the radio, he was clearly chuffed to bits.

One thing I haven't heard is the usual debate as to whether it was down to poor bartting or good bowling - the impression I got from TMS was that India didn't throw their wickets away. it was just down to a tricky pitch and good bowling and fielding.

Great bowling and very good fielding, NZ were dead and buried half way through the first innings, lots of respect for them pulling it out of the fire even though i was rooting for India
Cricket World Cup thread. on 00:38 - Jul 11 with 1317 viewsLythamR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:19 - Jul 10 by CliveWilsonSaid

Sorry (great post btw) but i disagree that simple market forces are exempt from corruption.

Yes I wasnt really arguing that corruption could be ruled out completely just that market forces alone provides a reasonable explanation.

I dont think there are many things totally exempt from corruption unfortunately
Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:45 - Jul 11 with 1227 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:25 - Jul 10 by isawqpratwcity

Can't believe people are criticising Dhoni. The game would have been finished at about over #43 without him.

I rewatched India’s batting innings and realise that you are right and I was wrong. That was actually a gutsy innings by dhoni and it was clear that dhoni was letting Jadeja try to win the game and keep strike
Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:51 - Jul 11 with 1221 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 00:33 - Jul 11 by LythamR

Great bowling and very good fielding, NZ were dead and buried half way through the first innings, lots of respect for them pulling it out of the fire even though i was rooting for India

I think more than anyhing, India lost the match themselves. Of the first three wickets, the only one who can say they were dismissed by a genuinely good delivery was sharma. Pressure got to India and once we were three down, it was very difficult to come back. I don’t rate this New Zealand bowling attack that Highly but no one can deny their fielding won them the match at the end

I do wonder what effect the rain had on India’s psyche. Imagine if a football match went to penalties but the penalties were moved to the next day bc of thunderstorms. All the players would be sh*tting themselves overbite and the task would be harder the next day. Perhaps going back to their hotels and thinking abt the next days innings added pressure on the Indian batsmen? I have no other explanation
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:16 - Jul 11 with 1178 viewsTheChef

Cricket World Cup thread. on 06:51 - Jul 11 by qprd

I think more than anyhing, India lost the match themselves. Of the first three wickets, the only one who can say they were dismissed by a genuinely good delivery was sharma. Pressure got to India and once we were three down, it was very difficult to come back. I don’t rate this New Zealand bowling attack that Highly but no one can deny their fielding won them the match at the end

I do wonder what effect the rain had on India’s psyche. Imagine if a football match went to penalties but the penalties were moved to the next day bc of thunderstorms. All the players would be sh*tting themselves overbite and the task would be harder the next day. Perhaps going back to their hotels and thinking abt the next days innings added pressure on the Indian batsmen? I have no other explanation

Talking to an Indian colleague this morning, he says Kohli should take a lot of the blame - being a couple of wickets down he still comes out trying all the shots when he probably should have reined it in for a few overs and built an innings. India probably only really needed one and a bit partnerships to make the total.

Still well played NZ, excellent bowling and fielding.

Come on England.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:31 - Jul 11 with 1144 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:16 - Jul 11 by TheChef

Talking to an Indian colleague this morning, he says Kohli should take a lot of the blame - being a couple of wickets down he still comes out trying all the shots when he probably should have reined it in for a few overs and built an innings. India probably only really needed one and a bit partnerships to make the total.

Still well played NZ, excellent bowling and fielding.

Come on England.

I’m going to the match today

The hotel were staying at is literally filled with Indians

Think there might still be more Indians in the crowd than English or Aussies
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:33 - Jul 11 with 1141 viewsElHoop

I think that England will win today, but am not massively confident about that. Am worried about Carey getting a decent knock today - he's looked very promising and you'd think that they'll push him up the order but hopefully they won't. I think that this match will suit the proper test players who are involved so I'd expect Root and Stokes in particular to score heavily for us. There haven't been many England odi's here in July - last one was in 2010 when we beat Bangles - scored 347 or something like that on the day, which was a lot back then especially with Strauss and Trott scoring centuries. I've got a feeling that this could actually be a high scoring game for once - 350 plus to chase. Come on England!
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:40 - Jul 11 with 1132 viewsTheChef

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:33 - Jul 11 by ElHoop

I think that England will win today, but am not massively confident about that. Am worried about Carey getting a decent knock today - he's looked very promising and you'd think that they'll push him up the order but hopefully they won't. I think that this match will suit the proper test players who are involved so I'd expect Root and Stokes in particular to score heavily for us. There haven't been many England odi's here in July - last one was in 2010 when we beat Bangles - scored 347 or something like that on the day, which was a lot back then especially with Strauss and Trott scoring centuries. I've got a feeling that this could actually be a high scoring game for once - 350 plus to chase. Come on England!

As usual the toss will be massive. Hope we can win it and bat first - although having said that before the tournament we were the team that could chase down any given total. It's going to be an interesting day.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:54 - Jul 11 with 1107 viewsAntti_Heinola

I just hope England don't completely bottle it and get hammered. I feel like mentally, Aus are probably stronger, and sadly that might be the difference.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:55 - Jul 11 with 1101 viewsdaveB

Australia are like Germany in football, no matter how good or crap they are they turn up in World Cups and are a really hard team to beat. Smith is the key to the game, if he gets a good score they'll win.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:05 - Jul 11 with 1091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:55 - Jul 11 by daveB

Australia are like Germany in football, no matter how good or crap they are they turn up in World Cups and are a really hard team to beat. Smith is the key to the game, if he gets a good score they'll win.

Smith's not the key - Warner and Finch are.

Aus won the toss. Bad one to lose, so we'll have to do it the hard way. On the other hand, maybe it's pressure off because feels like advantage Aus.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:08 - Jul 11 with 1084 viewsCroydonCaptJack

A bad toss to lose that.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:09 - Jul 11 with 1081 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:05 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

Aus won the toss. Bad one to lose, so we'll have to do it the hard way. On the other hand, maybe it's pressure off because feels like advantage Aus.

I'm not too bothered about losing the toss. I think that the pitches should be improving - it looks a nice day up there so no excuses needed. Keep Australia down to 300-320 and biff our way to Lord's later.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:43 - Jul 11 with 1054 viewsaston_hoop

10-2, Finch and Warner gone. hat a bloody start!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:45 - Jul 11 with 1048 viewsted_hendrix

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 11 with 1034 viewsPhildo

on a side note Test Match Special is a marvel. Even when the stalwarts retire they just replace them with more brilliant people don't they?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 11 with 1034 viewsdaveB

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:05 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

He might be the key now
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:51 - Jul 11 with 1026 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 11 by daveB

He might be the key now

Let's hope not Dave.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:58 - Jul 11 with 1000 viewsflynnbo

14-3
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:59 - Jul 11 with 995 viewsMick_S

Magnificent bowling by us.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:00 - Jul 11 with 988 viewsrobith

Oh you do hate to see it
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:01 - Jul 11 with 977 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:55 - Jul 11 by daveB

Take it back dave - Smith the key now, you were right!

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:03 - Jul 11 with 971 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 11 by Phildo

on a side note Test Match Special is a marvel. Even when the stalwarts retire they just replace them with more brilliant people don't they?

absolutely can't bear Aggers or Swann to be honest, the rest are great though.
Ever since that story of Aggers DMing a series of expetives to a journalist I lost respect for him. plays the nice guy but his thin-skin reveals a not-so-nice personality underneath.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:07 - Jul 11 with 958 viewsElHoop

We need to get rid of these two before they get settled.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024