Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 54437 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:05 - Jul 6 with 1831 viewsisawqpratwcity

Loving this SA innings: 66-0 after 8.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 1790 viewsqprd

Do the england fans here prefer to play India or aus in the semis?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 19:59 - Jul 6 with 1754 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:38 - Jul 6 by qprd

On the grounds they’d have to beat both to win, the theory is that England will find Australia’s bowlers a bit easier to play away from the slope at Lords. So Aus in the semis please (Edgbaston).

This Shamsi looks a real find. Where have the Saffas been hiding him?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:45 - Jul 6 with 1726 viewsMrSheen

Great chase by the Aussies now.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 21:22 - Jul 6 with 1687 viewsflynnbo

Aussies it is then!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 00:26 - Jul 7 with 1581 viewsisawqpratwcity

Delighted that SA finally turned up! Now for some interesting semi-finals...

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:58 - Jul 8 with 1455 viewsTheChef

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:38 - Jul 6 by qprd

I think I prefer having the Aussies in the semi final, we owe them one, and I just feel if we were to meet them in the final inevitably they would win.

One-off game at Edgbaston though, bring it on!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:10 - Jul 8 with 1440 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:58 - Jul 8 by TheChef

I think I prefer having the Aussies in the semi final, we owe them one, and I just feel if we were to meet them in the final inevitably they would win.

Yes, I agree.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:47 - Jul 8 with 1347 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:58 - Jul 8 by TheChef

It also means that more England fans will get to the game against Australia rather than be like general custer at Little Big Horn.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:54 - Jul 8 with 1340 viewsBlackCrowe

I've got a good ju-ju about this semi which can only set up failure of course.

England finding form just at the right time, Aussies losing agaisnt the boks, Khawaja out, Starc and Stoinis doubts, Edgbaston flat track. Win that toss and and we must be favorites, lose it and pray that this is coming of age for Archer.

Oh and Buttler is due a big one, this feels like his stage.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:07 - Jul 8 with 1319 viewsElHoop

Oz hasn't won an odi in Birmingham since 1993. Last meeting was 2017 in the Champions Trophy - Oz batted first and we smashed them on Duckworth. Stokes got a century that day and put on 159 with Morgan.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 9:18]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:12 - Jul 9 with 1208 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:07 - Jul 8 by ElHoop

Oz hasn't won an odi in Birmingham since 1993. Last meeting was 2017 in the Champions Trophy - Oz batted first and we smashed them on Duckworth. Stokes got a century that day and put on 159 with Morgan.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2019 9:18]

That's put the kiss of death on it then

Anyone know why our semi is taking place 48 hours after the other one? Seems a bit unfair for the winner of the first semi to get that much extra rest. A day's extra rest possibly but two seems strange.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:18 - Jul 9 with 1200 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:12 - Jul 9 by CamberleyR

Anyone know why our semi is taking place 48 hours after the other one? Seems a bit unfair for the winner of the first semi to get that much extra rest. A day's extra rest possibly but two seems strange.

Both semi finals have a reserve day so presumably they didn't want any possibility of them playing concurrently. Does seem a bit unfair although teams have had a two day gap quite a few times in the group stage.

Can't see anything other than an India win today, regardless of the toss. looks like it might be a spinners' pitch and NZ aren't that good in that department. As throughout this tournament, they need Williamson to go big and not get a silly run out or whatever, in order to have any chance.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:28 - Jul 9 with 1187 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:18 - Jul 9 by ElHoop

Both semi finals have a reserve day so presumably they didn't want any possibility of them playing concurrently. Does seem a bit unfair although teams have had a two day gap quite a few times in the group stage.

Can't see anything other than an India win today, regardless of the toss. looks like it might be a spinners' pitch and NZ aren't that good in that department. As throughout this tournament, they need Williamson to go big and not get a silly run out or whatever, in order to have any chance.

Agree, NZ win would be by far and away the shock of the tournament. Think India will go on and win it to be honest.

Thursday much tougher to call. Yes, we're good at Edgbaston, just as the Aussies seem to do well at Lord's. But their new players might be better choices than the ones they're replacing and we might not be as well-prepared for them. As I think someone above said, much rests on the two opening pairs. Very, very excited - can't see it not being a cracker.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 9 with 1166 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:28 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, NZ win would be by far and away the shock of the tournament. Think India will go on and win it to be honest.

Thursday much tougher to call. Yes, we're good at Edgbaston, just as the Aussies seem to do well at Lord's. But their new players might be better choices than the ones they're replacing and we might not be as well-prepared for them. As I think someone above said, much rests on the two opening pairs. Very, very excited - can't see it not being a cracker.

India are overrated, mate. We only have 5 bowlers. Our middle order is not great, and the tail is shocking. Get 2 of Sharma, Rahul and Kohli earlyish, and India will fold

I wouldnt be surprised if we lost today

Need the blood pressure medication for todays match, i may lose my mind
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Jul 9 with 1157 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 9 by qprd

India are overrated, mate. We only have 5 bowlers. Our middle order is not great, and the tail is shocking. Get 2 of Sharma, Rahul and Kohli earlyish, and India will fold

It's no bad thing to have three or four 'proper' batsmen and just five bowlers in my view. They all have to take responsibility for getting the job done. If you bat right down and bowl right up there's always someone else to do what you don't do - not sure that it works when the going gets tough.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:13 - Jul 9 with 1138 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:28 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

I’m soooooo glad I booked an 11.35 flight to Vienna now.What was I thinking?At least it’s BA so they might update the score.Feck the safety info,just tell me what’s happening at edgbaston.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:29 - Jul 9 with 1123 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:49 - Jul 9 by qprd

Get rid of Kohli and Rohit earlyish?
That basically never happens. You don't need to bat deep with those two!

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:15 - Jul 9 with 1088 viewsElHoop

With rain looming on the horizon, Kohli is bowling out the spinners by the look of it - good captaincy if it comes down to a limited over game.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:30 - Jul 9 with 1059 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Jul 9 by ElHoop

It's no bad thing to have three or four 'proper' batsmen and just five bowlers in my view. They all have to take responsibility for getting the job done. If you bat right down and bowl right up there's always someone else to do what you don't do - not sure that it works when the going gets tough.

The problem is, we only have 5 players who can bowl at all, period. Forget all arounders like Stokes or even someone who can bowl a few cheeky overs like Joe Root. Hardik has gone off, and now we may need to source overs from Kohli, Rohi, MS Dhoni (who have hardly bowled). This is the world cup, not village cricket. You need to have a 6th option in case one of the 5 gets injured or is getting smashed around. We've selected Dinesh Karthik (who has done nothing to deserve his spot) over Kedar, who is equally mediocre with the bat, but can at least also bowl a few

On a day with overcast seaming conditions, Kohli has selected Bhuveshwar (who has been mediocre all tournament and got smashed around the park agaisnt sri lanka) over Shami, who has taken 14 wickets in 3 matches and is perfectly suited for these conditions!

Kohli is a natural leader and the best player in the world- but his captaincy/selection is really disappointing
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:37 - Jul 9 with 1048 viewsDavieQPR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:12 - Jul 9 by CamberleyR

Reserve day, Sky TV and money.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:41 - Jul 9 with 1040 viewsElHoop

50 for Williamson - don't think that they've lost when he's got 50 in this tournament, but there's always a first time. India have tied them down tight so far. Looks like it'll rain soon and that might be the end of the NZ innings if they come back on later.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:34 - Jul 10 with 948 viewsElHoop

Well it looks as if we'll get a full game now. I guess that we want New Zealand to win this and for that to happen they'll need to get to at least 240/250 or thereabouts although if they struggle to score this morning then that might be good news for them as India might well struggle too. Could be some fun.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:54 - Jul 10 with 913 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Kiwi batsmen just couldn't get on top of the Indian bowlers. Maybe the pitch contributed, too, but I can't see the Kiwi bowlers having as much success when the match resumes today.
Would NZ have had a better chance if the game had been able to be finished yesterday with a 20 over Indian innings? Maybe, but we'll never know.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:56 - Jul 10 with 912 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:54 - Jul 10 by isawqpratwcity

The Kiwi batsmen just couldn't get on top of the Indian bowlers. Maybe the pitch contributed, too, but I can't see the Kiwi bowlers having as much success when the match resumes today.
Would NZ have had a better chance if the game had been able to be finished yesterday with a 20 over Indian innings? Maybe, but we'll never know.

239 looks a bit paltry and they must have hoped for more than that when batting first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024