Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 54431 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:55 - Jul 10 with 1584 viewsisawqpratwcity

What a bloody marvellous game!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:00 - Jul 10 with 1544 viewsRangersw12

Dhoni cost India again their playing for his average
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:10 - Jul 10 with 1482 viewsAntti_Heinola

Fantastic game. Incredible tension and I didn't even mind who won!
Tomorrow I might not have any fingers left, let alone finger nails.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:18 - Jul 10 with 1461 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:10 - Jul 10 by Antti_Heinola

Fantastic game. Incredible tension and I didn't even mind who won!
Tomorrow I might not have any fingers left, let alone finger nails.

I hope the next two games are as exciting as this.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:20 - Jul 10 with 1452 viewsqprd

India need to do a lot of soul searching after this defeat. The Kohli/Shastri combination is an absolute embarrassment which puts anything about fernandes/ferdinand etc to shame.

Kohli is just too powerful. Too many players are kept it and dropped from the squad solely on Kohli's personal friendships and rivalries, whether it was Yuvraj who was kept in in 2017 or Rahane, who is a technical genius, who was left out in 2019 (while we brought in random inexperienced batsman ahead of him like Agarwal). Why is Dinesh Karthik playing? Why is Dhoni allowed to play like he's playing a test match, or playing at all period? Why was Shami dropped for an inferior player in Bhuvi? Why has Jadeja hardly featured, despite being a true all arounder?

Ravi Shastri wants to keep his job, so just blindly rubber stamps every VK decision. theres no room for dissent

Kohli is still the best batsman in the world and a natural leader on the pitch, but his captaincy/selection is atrocious.

good luck to england now
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:22 - Jul 10 with 1443 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:00 - Jul 10 by Rangersw12

Dhoni cost India again their playing for his average

do you really think that MS Dhoni cares more about his average? he's played 350 odis and has 10,000 runs. a few extra runs here or there is only going to add 0.01 or 0.02 to his average? do you think he cares more about that than winning a world cup?

He just doesnt have the bat speed to play at this level anymore. he shouldnt have been in this squad.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:25 - Jul 10 with 1429 viewsisawqpratwcity

Can't believe people are criticising Dhoni. The game would have been finished at about over #43 without him.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:53 - Jul 10 with 1375 viewsrbsranger

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:25 - Jul 10 by isawqpratwcity

Can't believe people are criticising Dhoni. The game would have been finished at about over #43 without him.

In this case I think it is pretty legitimate to criticise Dhoni. He kept on waiting and waiting to explode and by the time came, one mistake (or one absolutely brilliant bit of fielding as it turned out) was enough to sink them. It felt like every over he was saying "Let's see off Boult/ Henry/ Lockie and then we will attack Neesham at the end" and it just left no wiggle room.
Superb performance from Jadeja.
Not sure what I prefer, getting humiliated by the Aussies tomorrow or getting to the final and not showing up (1986 Milk Cup Final style) against the Kiwis on Sunday....
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:02 - Jul 10 with 1355 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:25 - Jul 10 by isawqpratwcity

Dhoni shouldve been promoted higher up. To play the inexperienced, ill disciplined Pant/Pandya at 24/4 was absolutely insane. Neither player has an ODI half century and neither has technique- Dhoni's prodding style was ok there.

India's tail is shocking (lengthened by Jadeja's inclusion over Kuldeep/Shami). When Dhoni was batting with Jadeja, he needed to bat with more intent. He left it all on Jadeja's shoulders.

I mean, FFS, in one the last balls of the match, Dhoni left a medium height ball off stump to the keeper? come on man. im tired of hearing "he knows how many runs he needs when" etc. when you play so defensively and with so little intent, you put an immense amount of pressure on your partner to continue slogging, which he did. knowing that there was no one behind jadeja who can hold a bat, this was just not good enough today

and lets not discuss dhoni's performance against england which was an embarrassment
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:14 - Jul 10 with 1327 viewsthame_hoops

If Dhoni Is playing the ‘innings glue’ role he should be going in at no3.

What a chance for England to win a WC though, surely we won’t lose to the Aussies for the 3rd successive time?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:30 - Jul 10 with 1305 viewsRangersw12

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:22 - Jul 10 by qprd

do you really think that MS Dhoni cares more about his average? he's played 350 odis and has 10,000 runs. a few extra runs here or there is only going to add 0.01 or 0.02 to his average? do you think he cares more about that than winning a world cup?

He just doesnt have the bat speed to play at this level anymore. he shouldnt have been in this squad.

He's done this twice against England in the last 12 month's and again today . Just seemed very bizzare to me .

Good news India are out ,English fans might actually get tickets now .
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:39 - Jul 10 with 1281 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:30 - Jul 10 by Rangersw12

He's done this twice against England in the last 12 month's and again today . Just seemed very bizzare to me .

Good news India are out ,English fans might actually get tickets now .

I was thinking the same RE tickets. Michael Vaughan said the barmy army only had 40 tickets for Edgbaston vs India last Sunday. How’d the Indians manage to get so many?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:44 - Jul 10 with 1272 viewsted_hendrix

Whatever people say you have to give a huge credit to the Kiwi's who I thought this morning had little or no chance, getting the three Indian openers out for just one run each was amazing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:46 - Jul 10 with 1267 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:39 - Jul 10 by thame_hoops

I was thinking the same RE tickets. Michael Vaughan said the barmy army only had 40 tickets for Edgbaston vs India last Sunday. How’d the Indians manage to get so many?

If we don't make the final then Lord's will be empty as nobody will pay the prices to those trying to resell them via the ICC
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:47 - Jul 10 with 1263 viewsToast_R

Australia v NZ should be good then
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:53 - Jul 10 with 1250 viewsisawqpratwcity

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:53 - Jul 10 by rbsranger

In this case I think it is pretty legitimate to criticise Dhoni. He kept on waiting and waiting to explode and by the time came, one mistake (or one absolutely brilliant bit of fielding as it turned out) was enough to sink them. It felt like every over he was saying "Let's see off Boult/ Henry/ Lockie and then we will attack Neesham at the end" and it just left no wiggle room.
Not sure what I prefer, getting humiliated by the Aussies tomorrow or getting to the final and not showing up (1986 Milk Cup Final style) against the Kiwis on Sunday....

Ok, so Dhoni only got one 4 and one 6 in his fifty, but that still meant that he played a very measured innings, taking the occasional whack when he felt it appropriate. He had the third highest runs per ball, behind Jadeja and Chahal, and Chahal only scored five.
Don't forget, too, that Williamson didn't let up: he kept his best bowlers at them rather than wait and go for a strong finish. Most of all, Dhoni was the second highest scorer and gave Jadeja the partner he needed.
Until Dhoni's dismissal, the run rate was always high, but not out of reach. If it wasn't for Guptill's brilliant throw, I don't think it would be India on the way home now.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2019 17:04]

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:55 - Jul 10 with 1238 viewsRangersw12

ICC bent over backwards for India right down to giving them the longest time to prepare so woukdnt surprise me if they fixed the ticketing aswell

Ridiculous that barmy army were given so few tickets

Majority of sponsors in the grounds were Indian even the shite beer ! BCCI tenticals in every pie
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:02 - Jul 10 with 1228 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:55 - Jul 10 by Rangersw12

ICC bent over backwards for India right down to giving them the longest time to prepare so woukdnt surprise me if they fixed the ticketing aswell

Ridiculous that barmy army were given so few tickets

Majority of sponsors in the grounds were Indian even the shite beer ! BCCI tenticals in every pie

The Indian fans on Twitter are absolute head cases, they make us all look sane after a rangers loss. The abuse they give to Vaughan in particular, very childish
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:31 - Jul 10 with 1153 viewsrobith

My cricket league's email list suddenly awash with final tickets
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:36 - Jul 10 with 1139 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:53 - Jul 10 by rbsranger

He didn't need to explode, Jadeja was going well at the other end. Dhoni's role was to stay in, and the fact that India were bowled out rapidly after he'd gone shows why.

NZ were favourites as soon as they had India 5 for 3 in a side whose batting is built around the top 3. When Dhoni came in it was apparently all over bar the shouting but he and Jadeja between them got India to the point where they were almost favourites. Can't believe he's getting flak for damn near getting India's bacon out of the fire.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:27 - Jul 10 with 1086 viewsstowmarketrange

I think a lot of the indian fans bought tickets from ticket sites from the lucky people who realised there was a killing to be made once they’d got tickets in the ballot.I heard that rich Indian businessmen were buying them and selling them at face value to indian fans.
Same with Ashes tickets and secondary sites.Fair enough if you buy one and you can’t make the game,but this is licensed touting.
I bet the price has dropped for Sunday now though.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:47 - Jul 10 with 992 viewsHitch

Never in doubt
Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:20 - Jul 10 with 949 viewsLythamR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:36 - Jul 10 by CiderwithRsie

He didn't need to explode, Jadeja was going well at the other end. Dhoni's role was to stay in, and the fact that India were bowled out rapidly after he'd gone shows why.

NZ were favourites as soon as they had India 5 for 3 in a side whose batting is built around the top 3. When Dhoni came in it was apparently all over bar the shouting but he and Jadeja between them got India to the point where they were almost favourites. Can't believe he's getting flak for damn near getting India's bacon out of the fire.

Dohni should have gone in after Pant or maybe even before but you certainly dont want Pant and Pandya in together so early, they needed a cool head to keep Pant and pandya anchored

The reason their were so many indian sponsors on display in matches is because those sponsors pay the biggest fees, nothing to do with corruption simply market forces, over a billion indians with a big percentage cricket mad, in england, australia, south africa there is a fraction of the population and only a fraction of that are cricket mad so despite higher disposable the numbers dont stack up
Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:19 - Jul 10 with 917 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Cricket World Cup thread. on 22:20 - Jul 10 by LythamR

Dohni should have gone in after Pant or maybe even before but you certainly dont want Pant and Pandya in together so early, they needed a cool head to keep Pant and pandya anchored

The reason their were so many indian sponsors on display in matches is because those sponsors pay the biggest fees, nothing to do with corruption simply market forces, over a billion indians with a big percentage cricket mad, in england, australia, south africa there is a fraction of the population and only a fraction of that are cricket mad so despite higher disposable the numbers dont stack up

Sorry (great post btw) but i disagree that simple market forces are exempt from corruption.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:19 - Jul 10 with 916 viewsKiwi76

Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:47 - Jul 10 by Hitch

Never in doubt

😎
Good grief that was tough - had to follow via cricinfo as Borneo not a hotbed of cricket fans.
Well done my team for posting some sort of total then bowling & fielding brilliantly.
Definitely worried as long as Dhoni was at crease.
Hope we can at least perform to our best in final as shocker vs Aussie last time round - just about our worst game of tournament.
Guptill tonne & Boult/Ferguson in the wickets...
Hope home side wins though tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024