Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 10:49 - May 30 with 133143 viewsderbyhoop

There's always lots of speculation, 90% generated by agents. Might be good to have 1 thread.

I don't understand the speculation that has linked us with Adam Matthews from Sunderland, Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Liam Kelly from Livingstone.
Matthews is a RB where we have Furlong, Rangel and Kakay
Maher is a midfielder where, even if Freeman goes, we're not short of options.
Kelly is a keeper. We have Lumley, Ingram and Dieng, unless the latter goes to Glasgow Rangers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 12:02 - Jul 6 with 5722 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 17:58 - Jul 5 by Hunterhoop

If Wilder ends up taking both Washington and Lynch from us after their contracts were terminated/expired you really have to question his sanity. One is forgivable. Two is stupid.

Makes you think Lynch was on a big package if his agent is touting him about to Prem clubs, mind.

I mean Lynch would be beyond the pale but Wilder does seem to operate like Warnock used to do there, huge amount of incomings and outgoings, massive player turnover around a core of the team. Some work (Norwood), some don't (Washington), and those that don't are quickly shifted on.
Summer Transfers on 14:30 - Jul 6 with 5467 viewsbaz_qpr

Summer Transfers on 12:21 - Jul 5 by simmo

Might just be conjecture but signing Cameron now would be gratuitous. Doing business early is great, but it also means that as time goes on other attractive propositions become available for positions we've already recruited for, we HAVE to be disciplined in accepting that we've made our bed and move on. We can't be in another Green/Cesar situation, even if somebody 'better' comes along.

We've got 4 or 5 CB's and plenty of players that can play in CM, including Matt Smith who was brought in specifically to play in front of the defence. Getting Cameron back in on high wages to play ahead of the guys we've already signed is wrong, I don't care if he's 'better'.

I think when you look at that squad going to Austria and you see how young and inexperienced it is, then signing Rangel, Cameron and even a Peter Crouch, experienced leaders makes absolute sense or we could fast end up like ipswich
Summer Transfers on 18:40 - Jul 6 with 5230 viewsrsonist

Leeds press saying Pontus Jansson is being excommunicated from the church of Bielsa and sold to Brentford for £5.5m, for "attitude issues" (refusing to let Villa score that time presumably).

Some Blades fans very confident Maupay's coming meanwhile.
Summer Transfers on 12:14 - Jul 7 with 4860 viewsrsonist

Very handy.
Summer Transfers on 14:38 - Jul 7 with 4588 viewsLblock

Summer Transfers on 18:40 - Jul 6 by rsonist

Leeds press saying Pontus Jansson is being excommunicated from the church of Bielsa and sold to Brentford for £5.5m, for "attitude issues" (refusing to let Villa score that time presumably).

Some Blades fans very confident Maupay's coming meanwhile.

Maupay 15mill rising to 20mill is the word..... we can but dream that our club could extricate such fees from anybody.

Jansson is a centre back I really liked last season.
I believe Bentford have signed three players this week, all @ 3mill each and adding this fella in takes their shopping to just under the Maupay entry fee.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Summer Transfers on 16:17 - Jul 7 with 4393 viewsswitchingcode

Summer Transfers on 14:38 - Jul 7 by Lblock

Maupay 15mill rising to 20mill is the word..... we can but dream that our club could extricate such fees from anybody.

Jansson is a centre back I really liked last season.
I believe Bentford have signed three players this week, all @ 3mill each and adding this fella in takes their shopping to just under the Maupay entry fee.

We sold over 32 mill of players last season,so there won’t be any pressure to sell but sadly we will lose at least one of Watkins Maupay Konsa Benrahma Henry or Sawyers happens every season.Think we won’t be as popular by some next season.
Summer Transfers on 20:21 - Jul 7 with 4099 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 16:17 - Jul 7 by switchingcode

We sold over 32 mill of players last season,so there won’t be any pressure to sell but sadly we will lose at least one of Watkins Maupay Konsa Benrahma Henry or Sawyers happens every season.Think we won’t be as popular by some next season.

Expect you'll be better for it in the end - Norgaard, Jansson, and to a lesser extent Pinnock give you a bit more of the nous you were missing last time.

Replacing Maupay is where it'll get tricky but I suppose you can buy a few contenders now...
Summer Transfers on 20:25 - Jul 7 with 4090 viewsrsonist

Bloody hell £20m for Mings...
Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 20:30 - Jul 7 with 4075 viewsrsonist

Villa absolutely reeking of Fulham last year so far.
Summer Transfers on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 3884 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Summer Transfers on 20:30 - Jul 7 by rsonist

Villa absolutely reeking of Fulham last year so far.

Absolutely minging
Summer Transfers on 22:46 - Jul 7 with 3774 viewsswitchingcode

Summer Transfers on 20:21 - Jul 7 by rsonist

Expect you'll be better for it in the end - Norgaard, Jansson, and to a lesser extent Pinnock give you a bit more of the nous you were missing last time.

Replacing Maupay is where it'll get tricky but I suppose you can buy a few contenders now...

Defensively we can’t get worse although I’ve always thought Jansson a bit of a dickhead .Maupay will be a massive loss although there hasn’t been any bids I have heard but expect some soon.
Summer Transfers on 07:13 - Jul 8 with 3582 viewsNorthernr

Summer Transfers on 22:46 - Jul 7 by switchingcode

Defensively we can’t get worse although I’ve always thought Jansson a bit of a dickhead .Maupay will be a massive loss although there hasn’t been any bids I have heard but expect some soon.

Yeh Jansson is an enormous dickhead. Was hoping he'd fck off abroad not 200 miles closer to home.
Summer Transfers on 07:26 - Jul 8 with 3542 viewsswitchingcode

Summer Transfers on 07:13 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Yeh Jansson is an enormous dickhead. Was hoping he'd fck off abroad not 200 miles closer to home.

True,but looks like I along with other fickle fans will be applauding him in a matter of weeks.The same as the fans at where ever Maupay ends up.
Summer Transfers on 07:33 - Jul 8 with 3533 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfers on 07:26 - Jul 8 by switchingcode

True,but looks like I along with other fickle fans will be applauding him in a matter of weeks.The same as the fans at where ever Maupay ends up.

Begrudgingly I like Maupay because he thrives off being a cock. Comes across as older than 22 and seems to ‘get’ playing here. Obviously it helps he’s a bloody good footballer. Could see him thriving at West Ham, for example.
Summer Transfers on 09:46 - Jul 8 with 3366 viewsJeff

Summer Transfers on 07:33 - Jul 8 by Watford_Ranger

Begrudgingly I like Maupay because he thrives off being a cock. Comes across as older than 22 and seems to ‘get’ playing here. Obviously it helps he’s a bloody good footballer. Could see him thriving at West Ham, for example.

Can't play for West Ham as he fails the current West Ham trend of only signing forwards that are a random combination of Spanish Words.

Javier Hernadez
Lucas Perez
Pablo Fornals
Maxi Lopes
Neil Maupay.

doesn't work, does it?

Can we not knock it?

Summer Transfers on 09:58 - Jul 8 with 3319 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 07:13 - Jul 8 by Northernr

Classic "love him if he was our dickhead" type player though no? He's not Barton tier I don't think.

Struggling to recall the last dickhead Brentford player incidentally. Andre Gray had a bit of bite I suppose but that's not quite it...
Summer Transfers on 10:11 - Jul 8 with 3266 viewsMaggsinho

Jay Rodriguez going back to Burnley from WBA for an initial £5m then another £5m in 12 months. Seems a bit of a bargain.
Summer Transfers on 10:54 - Jul 8 with 3138 viewsKonk

Summer Transfers on 09:58 - Jul 8 by rsonist

Classic "love him if he was our dickhead" type player though no? He's not Barton tier I don't think.

Struggling to recall the last dickhead Brentford player incidentally. Andre Gray had a bit of bite I suppose but that's not quite it...

Could I suggest off the top of my head, Jamie Bates, Gary Blissett, Dean Holdsworth and Martin Grainger?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Summer Transfers on 10:59 - Jul 8 with 3113 viewsLongsufferingR

Summer Transfers on 10:54 - Jul 8 by Konk

Could I suggest off the top of my head, Jamie Bates, Gary Blissett, Dean Holdsworth and Martin Grainger?

Stephen Hunt.

End of discussion.
Summer Transfers on 11:30 - Jul 8 with 2996 viewskingo

Summer Transfers on 10:59 - Jul 8 by LongsufferingR

Stephen Hunt.

End of discussion.

I remember him chasing Rowlands all match and then raking him down the back of his leg.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Summer Transfers on 12:08 - Jul 8 with 2884 viewsswitchingcode

Summer Transfers on 11:30 - Jul 8 by kingo

I remember him chasing Rowlands all match and then raking him down the back of his leg.

Those were the days 😯
Summer Transfers on 12:20 - Jul 8 with 2834 viewsWatford_Ranger

Summer Transfers on 10:11 - Jul 8 by Maggsinho

Jay Rodriguez going back to Burnley from WBA for an initial £5m then another £5m in 12 months. Seems a bit of a bargain.

30 this month and not good enough for their XI. Don’t see him as a Prem player now.

They must be desperate to offload Wells. Will end up at Leeds once they’ve sold Roofe.
Summer Transfers on 16:58 - Jul 8 with 2550 viewsderbyhoop

I see Leeds have pulled out of any interest in Mass Luongo.
That's a pity as, if there's only 1 team in for him, it makes it difficult to force the price up.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 17:35 - Jul 8 with 2457 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 16:58 - Jul 8 by derbyhoop

I see Leeds have pulled out of any interest in Mass Luongo.
That's a pity as, if there's only 1 team in for him, it makes it difficult to force the price up.

Is there actually anyone in for him? Forest were the assumption but Mendes has dumped another couple of Portuguese superkids onto the pile there today.

Not sure whether leaving him behind from the Austria tour was the best idea if he wasn't in talks with someone. It's not like this is the first summer he's been for sale.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 17:35]
Summer Transfers on 17:37 - Jul 8 with 2447 viewsrsonist

French media reporting Maupay to Blades for £16m. Guess they found an extra few quid in their pocket after seeing us out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024