Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jan Mlakar 14:51 - Jul 24 with 10641 viewsaston_hoop

New striker incoming - loan from brighton

edit - source - this bloke who is connected with the club

[Post edited 24 Jul 2019 14:52]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jan Mlakar on 20:44 - Jul 24 with 1500 viewsrsonist

Jan Mlakar on 20:14 - Jul 24 by BrianMcCarthy

We've signed a striker who our DOF and Head of Scouting have tried to sign before and who our new Manager may have heard good things about from an ex-assistant of his.

I can't see anything but good in this.

At this stage we're in danger of fatally over-stressing.

Les and Penrice tried to sign Mlakar before...?
Jan Mlakar on 20:47 - Jul 24 with 1474 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jan Mlakar on 20:44 - Jul 24 by rsonist

Les and Penrice tried to sign Mlakar before...?

Yes, someone posted a BBC link earlier, rsonist, to confirm a rumour.

I'll try and dig it out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jan Mlakar on 20:48 - Jul 24 with 1471 viewsrsonist

Jan Mlakar on 20:47 - Jul 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, someone posted a BBC link earlier, rsonist, to confirm a rumour.

I'll try and dig it out.

Please do.
Jan Mlakar on 20:53 - Jul 24 with 1446 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jan Mlakar on 20:48 - Jul 24 by rsonist

Please do.

My mistake, rsonist - that link was to an article about another player. I read it too quick earlier.

Apologies.

Jan Mlakar on 21:06 - Jul 24 with 1371 viewsrsonist

Jan Mlakar on 20:53 - Jul 24 by BrianMcCarthy

My mistake, rsonist - that link was to an article about another player. I read it too quick earlier.

Apologies.

No worries. So just to update your earlier post then:

"We've signed a striker who Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton may have heard good things about from mate of Warburton. "

Hmm. Look, I sincerely hope Alan Judge plays every minute of every game and creates 50 assists for Mlakar as we storm the league and cups. It's nice to be optimistic. But even if that does happen it will be through the sole genius of Warburton (and friends) and not because we stuck to any of what we set out to do originally when he was hired. The entire structure and safeguarding around him appears to have evaporated and all the eggs are back in one basket.
Jan Mlakar on 21:21 - Jul 24 with 1293 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jan Mlakar on 21:06 - Jul 24 by rsonist

"We've signed a striker who Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton Warburton may have heard good things about from mate of Warburton. "

Hmm. Look, I sincerely hope Alan Judge plays every minute of every game and creates 50 assists for Mlakar as we storm the league and cups. It's nice to be optimistic. But even if that does happen it will be through the sole genius of Warburton (and friends) and not because we stuck to any of what we set out to do originally when he was hired. The entire structure and safeguarding around him appears to have evaporated and all the eggs are back in one basket.

I still don't see the panic, to be honest. Who's to say that Penrice doesn't know and rate him anyway?

Jan Mlakar on 22:18 - Jul 24 with 1122 viewsCiderwithRsie

On mature consideration of all the transfer threads I'm going to be hoping for the best and hiding behind the sofa with my fingers in my ears until it's Christmas. The genius of this is that it works for football and politics.

If we're top of the league please let me know.
Jan Mlakar on 22:32 - Jul 24 with 1070 viewsterryb

Jan Mlakar on 21:06 - Jul 24 by rsonist

Actually, we've signed a striker that Chris Hughton or the Brighton scouting/coaching staff thought was worth spending money on in January.

I would be amazed if conversations weren't held with nearly every club in The Premier regarding availability, not just clubs that Warburton knows people at!
Login to get fewer ads

Jan Mlakar on 22:41 - Jul 24 with 1030 viewsdannyblue

I'm just repeating to myself that it's a good thing in our situation that Warbs has contacts and people who want to play for him and wishing those nagging doubts away.
Jan Mlakar on 23:17 - Jul 24 with 948 viewsrsonist

Jan Mlakar on 22:41 - Jul 24 by dannyblue

I'm just repeating to myself that it's a good thing in our situation that Warbs has contacts and people who want to play for him and wishing those nagging doubts away.

At least you're honest about it.
Jan Mlakar on 23:22 - Jul 24 with 936 viewsdistortR

Jan Mlakar on 19:24 - Jul 24 by qprd

Amos, Smith, this lad and potentially another striker and the young Chelsea right back

Isn’t there a maximum number of loanees you can field at once?

yes, which is why we have 6 goal keepers that WE own.

Do try to keep up................
Jan Mlakar on 23:22 - Jul 24 with 933 viewsSimonJames

New striker... meh!
What I'm more interested in is whether we are we getting any more goalies? It's been days since the last one

100% of people who drink water will die.

Jan Mlakar on 00:50 - Jul 25 with 796 viewsBoston

Welcome Jan.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jan Mlakar on 01:56 - Jul 25 with 743 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jan Mlakar on 19:16 - Jul 24 by stainrods_elbow

Except it all seemed to happen in a league at the standard of what, the English League One by the looks of it? Some of those games looked like they were being played on a local park.
We still need two decent Championship strikers at a minimum.

Put it this way, I'm not expecting a goal feast! I think we'll do well to get to 50.

I did say he made it look easy. But knowing where is the best place to be is a skill that will benefit in any league. This may not make him a 20+ goals man, but it's cause for hope. And I agree, we still need more goal threat.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 5:27]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jan Mlakar on 02:26 - Jul 25 with 723 viewsDavieQPR

We will be lucky to get 50 because Samuel, Eze and Shopido have no end product.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024