Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 02:09 - Sep 17 with 8253 viewsDannyPaddox

Haha ... does this clownery have no end.

Ps: I respect LFW may be fed up with politics and the state of the nation (aren’t we all) but in the context of parliament being shut down and democracy being tested to the max it doesn’t look good there’s no politics on here. I suggest at the very least keep it to one thread.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 13:55 - Sep 17 with 1866 viewsDannyPaddox

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 13:03 - Sep 17 by DavieQPR

Luxembourg a little tin pot country only known for it's regular football thrashings trying to stay relevant in a big boys world.

I wonder what it would be like living in a tin pot country trying to stay relevant in a big boys world.

Only one way to find out ...

[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 13:59]
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:06 - Sep 17 with 1828 viewsLythamR

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 13:03 - Sep 17 by DavieQPR

Luxembourg a little tin pot country only known for it's regular football thrashings trying to stay relevant in a big boys world.

exactly the attitude that explains why a majority of EU citizens will be delighted to see the back of us

I know we are better than them at football and also foodbanks but what other important aspects are Luxembourg tinpot in comparison to the UK
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:07 - Sep 17 with 1823 viewsFDC

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 13:45 - Sep 17 by TacticalR

The purges and the prorogations...some of the things that are happening are quite staggering.

The lack of reaction suggests that most people have little attachment to these institutions. Or perhaps everyone is just tired.

Anyway, let's take back control and have rule of the Etonians, by the Etonians, for the Etonians.

The way it's all being normalised by the likes of the suppine Laura Kuenssberg is really amazing to see. Obvious thing to say but imagine the horror and cries of "Stalinisim" if a Corbyn government had done half the things this one is doing (number of deselections in the Labour Party = 0, despite endless howls of rage anytime anyone suggests it).

It looks like the Tories have correctly calculated that they will get an easy ride in the media and that their (newly identified) base gives not one fck about democratic norms when all is said and done.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:12 - Sep 17 with 1803 viewsstevec

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:06 - Sep 17 by LythamR

exactly the attitude that explains why a majority of EU citizens will be delighted to see the back of us

I know we are better than them at football and also foodbanks but what other important aspects are Luxembourg tinpot in comparison to the UK

Don't get all this sucking up to Europe.

If you want a partner time to choose either the US or China. You might say not much of a choice but the alternative is being part of a Europe that will become increasingly poorer and the big two's dumping ground for everything that goes wrong in the rest of the World.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:22 - Sep 17 with 1767 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Be this the same Luxuryberg wot was gratefully liberated by you Brits in 1944 from the Turd Riche?
Yes,but wot has yoo done fer me lately eh?Oh yeah,fergot,they be top of the budjet spongers list.

Yo Ho!
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:22 - Sep 17 with 1766 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:06 - Sep 17 by LythamR

How long have you got?
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:00 - Sep 17 with 1676 viewsTacticalR

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:07 - Sep 17 by FDC

The way it's all being normalised by the likes of the suppine Laura Kuenssberg is really amazing to see. Obvious thing to say but imagine the horror and cries of "Stalinisim" if a Corbyn government had done half the things this one is doing (number of deselections in the Labour Party = 0, despite endless howls of rage anytime anyone suggests it).

It looks like the Tories have correctly calculated that they will get an easy ride in the media and that their (newly identified) base gives not one fck about democratic norms when all is said and done.

I don't see why Etonians should have to obey the law.

Air hostess clique

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:09 - Sep 17 with 1646 viewsbaldyoldgit

its probably all irrelevant anyway. just another Boris 'dead cat on the table' moment.currently it's a handy distraction for him as while it goes on, and sucks all the UK journalists in, no one is questioning the fact that his 30 days are nearly up, he's put no new options on the table and he won't be getting any new deal that satisfies everyone it needs to.

if they go against him he maybe forced to resign but I doubt it. even if parliament is recalled what are they actually going to do? he wont get an amendable queens speech through as he has no majority.

if they find in his favour then we just continue as we are and he carries on pretending to try and get a deal until the EU summit.

personally i'd love to see his kite when it's confirmed he lied to her maj.

although not as much as when he announces he's asking for an extension or he's resigning.
Login to get fewer ads

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:33 - Sep 17 with 1586 viewsFDC

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:09 - Sep 17 by baldyoldgit

its probably all irrelevant anyway. just another Boris 'dead cat on the table' moment.currently it's a handy distraction for him as while it goes on, and sucks all the UK journalists in, no one is questioning the fact that his 30 days are nearly up, he's put no new options on the table and he won't be getting any new deal that satisfies everyone it needs to.

if they go against him he maybe forced to resign but I doubt it. even if parliament is recalled what are they actually going to do? he wont get an amendable queens speech through as he has no majority.

if they find in his favour then we just continue as we are and he carries on pretending to try and get a deal until the EU summit.

personally i'd love to see his kite when it's confirmed he lied to her maj.

although not as much as when he announces he's asking for an extension or he's resigning.

I'm just not sure "lying to the queen" is quite the gotcha sections of the press are making it out to be at this point. And whilst the legal decision has practical implications, the issue is a political one. The No Deal headbangers are quite happy being seen as a renegades going against parliament, the courts etc. because it plays well with their base and the People v Parliament story come the election. A court ruling doesn't really do anything to change the political situation.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:37 - Sep 17 with 1573 viewsisawqpratwcity

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 15:33 - Sep 17 by FDC

I'm just not sure "lying to the queen" is quite the gotcha sections of the press are making it out to be at this point. And whilst the legal decision has practical implications, the issue is a political one. The No Deal headbangers are quite happy being seen as a renegades going against parliament, the courts etc. because it plays well with their base and the People v Parliament story come the election. A court ruling doesn't really do anything to change the political situation.

Imo, I don't think Boris has any plan other than a hard Brexit asap. He has seen the impossibility of getting a deal through parliament and wants nothing to do with it.

Good luck, you guys.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:01 - Sep 17 with 1528 viewskensalriser

Cracking tune.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:40 - Sep 17 with 1454 viewsLythamR

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:12 - Sep 17 by stevec

Don't get all this sucking up to Europe.

If you want a partner time to choose either the US or China. You might say not much of a choice but the alternative is being part of a Europe that will become increasingly poorer and the big two's dumping ground for everything that goes wrong in the rest of the World.

Where is the sucking up?

its just about having a bit of respect for others regardless of the size of the nation, do to others as you would expect them to do unto you.

If someone views smaller nations as tinpot and treats them accordingly then it should come as no surprise when bigger nations look to do the same to us,

Treat all with respect and be partners with many would seem to be a sensible way forward rather than treat smaller nations with distain and get f*cked by the bigger ones
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 1449 viewsRussian__Bot

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 07:12 - Sep 17 by kropotkin41

Or maybe it's just undeniable that getting owned by the leader of Luxembourg is a new low for the British State. #notexactlylordpalmerston

Luxembourg have a contributions/ receipt per capita benefit compared to the UK of 2,500%+ compared to UK so maybe you need to consider his words without the self loathing treacherous specs of a remainiac

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-48256318

Also the supposed inteligencia on this thread should consider the words of EU founder, Jean Monnet; "I have always believed Europe would be built through crises...Europe's nations should be guided towards a European superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps each disguised as having an economic purpose"

Unfortunately the Remain argument of people not understanding what they are voting for is correct but in reverse!!! You do not grasp the direction of travel with power going to an elite untouchable few- controlled by big businesses.

Question what is remain?! The word suggests suggests standing still but is it really?! Surely you can remove your blinkers and
see the morally ethical position is leave and honour the vote. Defeat the Goldman Sachs, George Soros and vested interests of big businesses as they move us further and further away from democracy and towards dictatorship

Economic Union does not require political union amongst an elite and unelected untouchable EU commission. That needs to be acted now to save future generations from your ignorance
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:58 - Sep 17 with 1420 viewsBostonR

We should have adopted the principle of Chesterton's fence before the Brexit mess started.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:58 - Sep 17 with 1417 views2Thomas2Bowles

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:41 - Sep 17 by Russian__Bot

Luxembourg have a contributions/ receipt per capita benefit compared to the UK of 2,500%+ compared to UK so maybe you need to consider his words without the self loathing treacherous specs of a remainiac

Also the supposed inteligencia on this thread should consider the words of EU founder, Jean Monnet; "I have always believed Europe would be built through crises...Europe's nations should be guided towards a European superstate without their people understanding what is happening. This can be accomplished by successive steps each disguised as having an economic purpose"

Unfortunately the Remain argument of people not understanding what they are voting for is correct but in reverse!!! You do not grasp the direction of travel with power going to an elite untouchable few- controlled by big businesses.

Question what is remain?! The word suggests suggests standing still but is it really?! Surely you can remove your blinkers and
see the morally ethical position is leave and honour the vote. Defeat the Goldman Sachs, George Soros and vested interests of big businesses as they move us further and further away from democracy and towards dictatorship

Economic Union does not require political union amongst an elite and unelected untouchable EU commission. That needs to be acted now to save future generations from your ignorance

EU not doing so good

Quantitative easing. It will buy €20bn of debt a month from 1 November.

Germany is widely thought to be on the brink of recession.

GDP growth only 1.1% this year and 1.2% in 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49674176

Makes you wonder why they don't want us to leave

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:05 - Sep 17 with 1399 viewskensalriser

I see the anti-semitic trope machine is back.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 (n/t) on 17:10 - Sep 17 with 1381 viewsrunningman75

[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:22]
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:10 - Sep 17 with 1381 viewsRussian__Bot

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:05 - Sep 17 by kensalriser

I see the anti-semitic trope machine is back.

Jeremy Corbyn’s a Rangers fan?!

George Soros gave $18 billion dollars to the group Open Society in 2017- that is a fact $18 billion!!!

They use that money to for example fund think tanks that pay the likes of Chukka Umuna £450 an hour - again a fact

Power concentrated to few is easier for big money and big corps to control

So any suggestions of anti-Semitism need to be justified or it only demonstrates ignorance of those unable to sustain such serious accusations
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:27]
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:11 - Sep 17 with 1378 viewsqprxtc

Only Jaz Coleman can save us now (and alcohol).

Take up your arms pick up your courage
A black sun is rising as the gods of europe sleep
Come back into your strength awaken
Catastrophes atrocities shall summon you my love
Glory glory how we wait in europe
What have they done, what are they doing?
The place I love so butchered ravaged scarred and raped
The years have passed us still we're fighting
'til once again somewhere green lands shall be in sight
Glory glory how we wait in europe
Glory glory how we watch in europe
The day humanity is over
Let nations east and west tremble at the sight
'til standard bearers' eyes are hungry
And reason dead forever - god let it be soon

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:38 - Sep 17 with 1320 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 14:22 - Sep 17 by CaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
Be this the same Luxuryberg wot was gratefully liberated by you Brits in 1944 from the Turd Riche?
Yes,but wot has yoo done fer me lately eh?Oh yeah,fergot,they be top of the budjet spongers list.

Yo Ho!

Seems to me you are the one sponging off the sacrifice of WW2 servicemen to make a boring and tired point Blob!
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:41 - Sep 17 with 1322 viewsClive_Anderson

The EU is gradually heading for a united federal state. The majority here don't really want that so they voted to leave.

You'd think it would be possible to wish them all the best and leave on reasonable terms to go our own way, but apparently not.
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 18:26 - Sep 17 with 1255 viewsCaptainPugwash

Narrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
I be sponjing off the likes o' you Bazza.
Would yez kindly werk a bit harder,I be runnin' out o' smoked salmon.

edit...gots fed up wi' Corbynated Chicken.

Yo Ho!
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 18:38]
Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 19:23 - Sep 17 with 1173 viewsWestbourneR

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:10 - Sep 17 by Russian__Bot

Jeremy Corbyn’s a Rangers fan?!

George Soros gave $18 billion dollars to the group Open Society in 2017- that is a fact $18 billion!!!

They use that money to for example fund think tanks that pay the likes of Chukka Umuna £450 an hour - again a fact

Power concentrated to few is easier for big money and big corps to control

So any suggestions of anti-Semitism need to be justified or it only demonstrates ignorance of those unable to sustain such serious accusations
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:27]

Yes of course evil big business wants us to stay in the institution that has advanced workers rights and protections. They desperately want us to be a part of broadly left leaning liberal political and economic institution.

Meanwhile the working man's warriors Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg and Nigel Farage want to save us from the George Soros (yawn) conspiracy. And Russia really wants us to leave because they want what's best for us too. Putin has our best interests at heat.

This kind of 'logic' makes as much sense as the people who say the vested interests of scientists needing grants for their universities and research are driving a lie about climate change. As if those vested interest outweigh the OIL INDUSTRY. It's funny no one casts the same ridiculous doubts on the dangers of smoking. But I suppose if you see someone die in front of you from lung cancer it's harder to deny that the nebulous threat of climate change.

You only have to look at workers rights in the US (no statutory holiday and 6 WEEKS maternity) to imagine what a Britain might look like by now outside the EU. If only the people hating on it took the time to look into how much we've personally gained from membership.

We (were) the 4th biggest economy in the world - and that didn't happen by accident, that happened while we were in the EU.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 19:30]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 19:34 - Sep 17 with 1145 viewsisawqpratwcity

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 16:41 - Sep 17 by Russian__Bot

I've tried to find that Jean Monnet quote source and it doesn't pop up anywhere except in quotes used to justify Brexit. I'd be obliged if you could indicate where Monnet originally expounds that.

Btw, I assume that you are also username "QPR", posting on myanimelist.net ?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 20:04 - Sep 17 with 1098 viewsbaldyoldgit

Luxembourg 1 ‘England’ 0 on 17:41 - Sep 17 by Clive_Anderson

The EU is gradually heading for a united federal state. The majority here don't really want that so they voted to leave.

You'd think it would be possible to wish them all the best and leave on reasonable terms to go our own way, but apparently not.

the EU is just a big set of rules. to make 28 nations act as one you need rules and lots of them. everyone gets to agree to most of the rules and absolutely everybody has to agree to the big ones - like treaties. ever closer union just makes all those lovely rules easier to make and enforce. Germany still wants to be Germany and Luxembourg still wants to be Luxembourg.

the rule about leaving has basically 2 options:

leave with a withdrawal agreement or don't. the UK has been unable to agree with itself to do either. The EU is not stopping us doing one or the other it just wants us to follow the rules we have previously agreed to. exactly as we would expect another country to if they had decided to leave. Greenland did and signed one.

"wish them all the best and leave on reasonable terms to go our own way" is about as far away from an agreed, rule based system as you can get. whose version of 'reasonable' are you talking about?

everyone can bang on about unelected this, juncker that, federal europe, blah, blah. it's all irrelevant and has been since June 2016
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024