Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very short article on Wells 19:36 - Oct 6 with 4221 viewsbosh67

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/wells-wouldnt-hesitate-one-bit-to-make-perma

Really seems to have settled this time.

If Burnley are prepared to sell him for a massive loss (they signed him for £5m) and he is prepared to be on £150 a week plus an Oyster card I am sure we can work this out. Okay, maybe not the Oyster card.

Much as I would love him to be permanent here I can't see our new wage structure being able to do it although his contract is up at Burnley next summer.

So who knows? Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Very short article on Wells on 20:24 - Oct 7 with 1104 viewsbarbicanranger

Wells did climb the ranks and so it probably wasn't until Burnley signed him that he got his salary pay day. How would his salary at QPR compare to his Bradford and Huddersfield pay checks?! - probably not too dissimilar.
Very short article on Wells on 12:15 - Oct 8 with 949 viewsR_from_afar

Let's see how he gets on over a few more games. He really went off the boil towards the end of last season. Mind you, he was not alone in that respect!

I was at the game last Saturday and when the chance for his goal presented itself to him, time seemed to stand still. I sat there waiting for his effort to bounce off the big TV screen and then... it was in!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Very short article on Wells on 12:24 - Oct 8 with 929 viewsEsox_Lucius

Very short article on Wells on 12:15 - Oct 8 by R_from_afar

Let's see how he gets on over a few more games. He really went off the boil towards the end of last season. Mind you, he was not alone in that respect!

I was at the game last Saturday and when the chance for his goal presented itself to him, time seemed to stand still. I sat there waiting for his effort to bounce off the big TV screen and then... it was in!

That may have had a whole lot to do with the team going on a huge form tailspin. John Eustace's comment about the losing mentality etc. was very much in evidence and the fact that Nahki has shown up this season as the player we all hoped he would be should be testament to spirit and confidence the squad have now. He is now the right player in the right team as opposed to last season where he was more the right player in the wrong team. cf. Ian Rush at Juventus.

The grass is always greener.

Very short article on Wells on 22:14 - Oct 8 with 835 viewsPeterHucker

Very short article on Wells on 10:09 - Oct 7 by Antti_Heinola

absolutely, 1000% no prem club is coming in for him. Come on. He's playing well, but he's not that standard.

What I said was "if he carries on playing as well as he has so far this season then some Premier League teams will be trying to sign him."
That's a big "if" I know but if he carries on scoring at the rate he's done so far he'll end up with 29 goals for the season.
Can you tell me the last time a striker scored 25+ in the Championship and did NOT either get promoted or get a move to a Premier League team?
Very short article on Wells on 16:04 - Oct 9 with 745 viewsrobith

One thing to build on - don't underestimate the lure of living in London for a guy from Bermuda who's spent his whole career living in the north of England
Very short article on Wells on 18:15 - Oct 9 with 677 viewsBoston

Very short article on Wells on 00:14 - Oct 7 by timcocking

He's been a joy. Love the guy.

And i love listening to Caribbean accents.

If you’re referring to his accent, that might surprise him. Bermuda is not in the Caribbean.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024