Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back.. 22:04 - Oct 22 with 6214 viewsFaurlinho

Bit frustrating...but, look at the table. We’d have cut our nuts off for this last season.
Just back.. on 09:12 - Oct 23 with 1364 viewsTheChef

Just back.. on 08:39 - Oct 23 by RblockPrior

At the start of the season I would have snapped your hand off for this position and points after 13 games however however with the level we have shown recently I was slightly disappointed with last nights performance. That said like I agree with Warburton who mentioned if we are still picking up a point when having an off day it is a good sign.

I didn't think any of the subs made a positive impact on the game and subbing wells was costly imo.

We go again Monday where I have no doubt we will be better

Agreed, we lost all impetus when Wells went off. Amos contributed nothing unfortunately. If you were going defensive bring on Ball, if you wanted to keep attacking (which I would have liked) then BOS should have had a run.

Still, we're a team that can't keep clean sheets and we're 4th in the table. 4th!!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Just back.. on 10:11 - Oct 23 with 1263 viewsfrancisbowles

At the beginning of the match thread, I said that I expected him to shuffle the pack but there was only one change. Feel that he should have rested one or two more.

What has happened to Wallace and Hall. Weeks ago they were fit and on the bench for one game each, I think. Since then it has gone very quiet. I thought last night might have been a good opportunity to give Eze and Manning a rest on the bench and start with Wallace and one of BOS/Pugh/Amos.

Also, we looked very negative last night and a lot of doubt was setting in. We had several free kicks on the left and with the superb left foot that both Manning and Barbet have, opportunities to put the ball in the box. However, we continually looked to take it short and backwards, and looked to start an attack from there BUT it wasn't happening, so change and put a bit of variety into it.

Nevertheless, a point from an off night, in the nature of the Championship and I'm loving Warburton and the team this season.

Oh nearly forgot the ref who managed to keep his cards in his pocket as they kicked lumps out of our players, stopped attacks before they had started with cynical trips right from the start of the game and continually were in his face all night. However manages to book Hugill, which maybe a ban, and Eze for what was probably his first foul.
Just back.. on 10:55 - Oct 23 with 1173 viewsjohann28

Just back.. on 07:36 - Oct 23 by paulparker

We looked sloppy from the get go and should of got beat they were much the better side
Our midfield was getting overrun and we looked terrible at the back 1st half so I don’t blame Warburton for switching Cameron back , the problem was it left us short again in the middle as scowen couldn’t get a foot on the ball
I thought Warburton was to quick to take off wells , chair should of gone off if your going to shore up the midfield this left us pumping up aimless balls to Hugill who couldn’t hold it up
When it went to 2-2 he should of bought on BOS to try and stretch them or at least give us an option of someone who can be direct , Pugh was a lazy substitution and again we had no outlet
We didn’t play well at all but got away with it
Wasn’t impressed with Amos he was ducking challenges and seemed scared To me
Kane’s distribution is bad and it really needs to improve
Leinster was all over the place but improved in the last 20 minutes
The ref was Sh1t
We got away with it tonight

Yup that's pretty much how I saw it. Apart from the first 15 mins or so of the second half when we managed to up the tempo a bit and dominate, we were second best. Midfield totally outclassed by Reading, and our back line looked worryingly vulnerable to their threaded passes pretty much every time they came forward. Lots of players attempting to play themselves out of difficulty leading to panic, or by contrast just giving it a hopeful pump up field, so you can't win really. Started curiously slowly and didn't look like anything near a top 6 side for much of the first half, then, after going 2-1 up we lost all impetus for some reason, subs ineffective, then got increasingly sloppy and nervy, with predictable results - they deserved to win really imo. That said, the free kick taken from the left in the first half was inches away from someone's toe (slide ffs!) and the (not given) handball could be seen from way down the other end where I was sitting, as could the elbow in the face. A difficult match to watch on the whole; pleased I didn't arrive sober :)
Just back.. on 11:18 - Oct 23 with 1125 viewsPlanetHonneywood

First Rangers game for me in nigh on two years.

It’s light years better, even if we’ve abandoned the idea of defending. I’m not convinced that’s a promotion winning squad, in fact promotion would be a disaster in the making. But jeez if that team had a Clint Hill and Alex Smithies in it, it would be!

It is however, a work in progress that’s done brilliantly since August. Remember that if the goals dry up; we came into 19/20 with the aim of survival and the fact we could have gone top last night is a testament to all concerned. Keep the faith, keep the focus on rebuilding and let it all happen in its own good time.

But the Sweaty between the sticks looks well iffy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back.. on 11:32 - Oct 23 with 1088 viewsBklynRanger

Don't want to put up a keeper thread, but I thought Kelly did quite well. Great one on one save early on. Came well for a deep cross in the second half. Generally good stuff in between. No complaints about any of that.

Playing it out in the first half though, some of that was collectively poor. At times it looked like they were on the training ground running through a few 'what if' scenarios. When those didn't quite work (i.e. Reading got the ball) they'd note that and try something else really quite similar at a similar pedestrian pace. You could see in the second half that Warbs had told them to pack it in with the dilly dallying. Move it around by all means - there will be complaints but the rewards, so far, are generally outweighing the risks. But don't so it at such a lacklustre speed that the play looses all momentum.
Just back.. on 11:59 - Oct 23 with 1025 viewsstevec

Thought Reading did a job on us last night, pushed 5 players up to man mark any attempt to play out from the back and had the speed in those players to carry it out. Made it very difficult.

Usual back post goal undid us but whilst it's not Barbet's strong point, defending those balls, do feel a bit sorry for him as he's having to wear a lot of different hats with Manning alongside. As I've said previous, Manning has been outstanding in his role, which has given us more positives than negatives, but last night exposed how much pressure Barbet has to withstand in various different guises.

Bit like Villa last year, when they came down here in the bottom eight of the league, I'm dumbfounded how Reading are in the position they are. Pace all across the park, two forwards who can run behind at ease, that No 14 who was outstanding throughout and the No 17 who seemed to be everywhere. Second best side we've had down here this season.

Wonderful that we're so high up in the League but a bit concerned that was seen on TV last night, fairly obvious how to play us but hopefully we don't come across too many who have the pace and power of WBA and Reading to carry it out to the max.
Just back.. on 12:03 - Oct 23 with 1013 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just back.. on 11:59 - Oct 23 by stevec

Thought Reading did a job on us last night, pushed 5 players up to man mark any attempt to play out from the back and had the speed in those players to carry it out. Made it very difficult.

Usual back post goal undid us but whilst it's not Barbet's strong point, defending those balls, do feel a bit sorry for him as he's having to wear a lot of different hats with Manning alongside. As I've said previous, Manning has been outstanding in his role, which has given us more positives than negatives, but last night exposed how much pressure Barbet has to withstand in various different guises.

Bit like Villa last year, when they came down here in the bottom eight of the league, I'm dumbfounded how Reading are in the position they are. Pace all across the park, two forwards who can run behind at ease, that No 14 who was outstanding throughout and the No 17 who seemed to be everywhere. Second best side we've had down here this season.

Wonderful that we're so high up in the League but a bit concerned that was seen on TV last night, fairly obvious how to play us but hopefully we don't come across too many who have the pace and power of WBA and Reading to carry it out to the max.

Very good analysis, Steve.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Just back.. on 14:04 - Oct 23 with 893 viewsoldmisery

Just back.. on 23:56 - Oct 22 by Ned_Kennedys

Very harsh on Pugh: how is he meant to impress you in his occasional 15 minute cameos?

Did one nice flick today but not much else but he's a quality player and will prove his worth as he gets more game time as the season progresses. Writing him off so early as awful is ridiculous.

I'm not writing him off because of his unconvincing, mainly, substitute appearances this season but I've relatives on the south coast and I have also seen him play a number of games for Bournemouth over the past two/three years. I think he's one of those players who has always had to work hard as he didn't have quite the same level of natural ability as many of his peers at Bournemouth and at 32 years of age, he now seems to be running out of steam. I'm not really sure what he brings to our team, either as a starter or as a sub.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back.. on 14:24 - Oct 23 with 854 viewsjonno

Just back.. on 11:59 - Oct 23 by stevec

We've done brilliantly but I suspect opposing teams are now working out how to play against us. Standing off and giving us space to play doesn't work, but a high pressing game does cause us more problems. Whatever we might think, opposing coaches at this level are not mugs; being such a new collection of players has probably meant it has taken some time for others to work us out. My concern is that I understand that is the type of game Brentford play so we may struggle against them. It wouldn't surprise me to see our results start to tail off now, and we'll sink slowly back down to mid-table over the next few months. Still far better than many of us feared at the start of the season.
Just back.. on 14:25 - Oct 23 with 852 viewsgazza1

Last night we generally did not play to the standards that we have set in the past few games.....our flair players, Chair, Eze, Wells, etc, never played well for whatever reason. Not so sure that Cameron was on form either. The subs never made any impression on the game either.....so that leaves only a few, Toni & Manning, was OKish (seen Manning play much better),.....perhaps only Scowen and Hugill played decentish. I thought Rangel was ok but was replaced because of a change in formation.

Reading looked a decent side imho, some decent players 14, 8, 6, 10 all done good jobs for them.

So overall i was a bit disappointed last night but pleased we came away with a point in the end. Big picture = very pleased indeed.
Just back.. on 14:36 - Oct 23 with 829 viewsNorthantsHoop

Another one of those typical games we have when we are on Sky. Saying that still positive about the way the season is developing. It's quite ironic we are a force away from home this season, but at home making hard work of things. But overall the football is better, on the plus side a decent manager, great attacking and creative players and we score goals.Defence and keeper position needs work, but we may just have to accept that as a weakness in the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024