Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32092 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 16:36 - Dec 17 with 2546 viewsYouTubeDale

Take off 20% for vat, then take off 10% going to the FA pool, then half it to get our share of the gate money giving £57,600 from the estimated £160k.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Newcastle tickets on 16:37 - Dec 17 with 2538 viewsAtThePeake

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 16:38 - Dec 17 with 2518 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 16:35 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Okay, but why make it personal against individuals at the club?

I'm far from happy with the pricing, but to call out individuals as robbing so-and-sos is a bit harsh.

Particularly when I'm fairly certain Frances isn't a board member or involved in setting the ticket prices.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 16:39 - Dec 17 with 2511 viewsDale23years

Newcastle tickets on 16:35 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Okay, but why make it personal against individuals at the club?

I'm far from happy with the pricing, but to call out individuals as robbing so-and-sos is a bit harsh.

I agree but I meant the whole board in general not just certain individual.

I apologise and I'll edit my message

Still disgusted with the prices through

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Newcastle tickets on 16:47 - Dec 17 with 2437 viewssweetcorn

Taking fans for a ride. Absolutely disgraceful decision. We made TV money last night and are doing so again in the next round, add in the United money, we've made plenty enough to AT THE LEAST charge the price for a normal league game and try and get the ground full. I'd have said dropping the prices for this one would have gone much further with the fan base than the extra money they're going to make.

I've not really partaken in the lynching of bottomley, however I know you read this board and on this occasion you've got it horrifically wrong and have only served but to add more ammunition to your detractors.

When I said about the mugs, I meant literal mugs like the Sunderland ones, not to treat your fan base like a set of them.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 16:48 - Dec 17 with 2424 viewsdeeplishblue

Apparently if you want to see City play on the same day it is £15 for adults and kids for a quid.....

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Newcastle tickets on 16:48 - Dec 17 with 2423 viewsJPSDale

Perhaps we can learn from Boston - community club, local roots, building new stadium and yet still charging fans sensible prices ( £13) when they got the bonus of a TV payment / big night at home. They treated regular fans well, and possibly gained a few new ones as they push up the league.....
Newcastle tickets on 16:49 - Dec 17 with 2408 viewsYouTubeDale

Newcastle tickets on 16:38 - Dec 17 by AtThePeake

Particularly when I'm fairly certain Frances isn't a board member or involved in setting the ticket prices.

Frances is a member of the board and as Sales and Marketing manager she should have input into the decision making process to decide ticket prices and hospitality prices.

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 16:50 - Dec 17 with 2394 viewsDale23years

Newcastle tickets on 16:47 - Dec 17 by sweetcorn

Taking fans for a ride. Absolutely disgraceful decision. We made TV money last night and are doing so again in the next round, add in the United money, we've made plenty enough to AT THE LEAST charge the price for a normal league game and try and get the ground full. I'd have said dropping the prices for this one would have gone much further with the fan base than the extra money they're going to make.

I've not really partaken in the lynching of bottomley, however I know you read this board and on this occasion you've got it horrifically wrong and have only served but to add more ammunition to your detractors.

When I said about the mugs, I meant literal mugs like the Sunderland ones, not to treat your fan base like a set of them.

100000 % agree,

God it must be Christmas.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Newcastle tickets on 16:54 - Dec 17 with 2357 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 16:49 - Dec 17 by YouTubeDale

Frances is a member of the board and as Sales and Marketing manager she should have input into the decision making process to decide ticket prices and hospitality prices.

Fair enough, I had that wrong then.

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 16:58 - Dec 17 with 2290 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 16:49 - Dec 17 by YouTubeDale

Yes, Frances is a director. Sales and Marketing Director. But to call her a “greedy, robbing barsteward” is potentially actionable. So probably best not to.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 16:58]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 17:08 - Dec 17 with 2168 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 16:48 - Dec 17 by deeplishblue

Apparently if you want to see City play on the same day it is £15 for adults and kids for a quid.....

Bury are making it completely free

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 17:17 - Dec 17 with 2095 viewsYouTubeDale

Newcastle tickets on 16:58 - Dec 17 by fitzochris

Yes, Frances is a director. Sales and Marketing Director. But to call her a “greedy, robbing barsteward” is potentially actionable. So probably best not to.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 16:58]

It’s all about the price elasticity of demand, but as John Maynard Keynes says, in the long run...we are all dead, which could infer...it doesn’t really matter.

Newcastle tickets on 17:18 - Dec 17 with 2088 viewsD_Alien

I could've understood the category B pricing if the game wasn't on tv

But it is, and its happening just when everyone has spent up

What a set of idiots the board of directors are

If we get a full house i'll hold my hand up and apologise, but that'd be much more likely with category A pricing. And isn't atmosphere & goodwill with the fanbase an absolutely essential ingredient at a club like ours?

If we got 6000 home fans at an average of £20 = £120k

So we'd have to get at least 5000 home fans at an average of say £24 to match that

That'll be the yardstick in purely financial terms, but the yardstick in terms of goodwill and sheer damn common sense is going to be used for one thing only after this decision - it'll be used to beat the board with, and they'll deserve it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 17:28 - Dec 17 with 2004 views442Dale

Presumably this type of decision making will be fully explained and understandable once the club give their presentation at the forum. If it’s part of a well thought out, risk vs reward approach then it will become apparent to supporters at the Fans Forum on the 13th.

Looking forward to it.

Newcastle tickets on 17:36 - Dec 17 with 1953 viewssweetcorn

Newcastle tickets on 17:28 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Presumably this type of decision making will be fully explained and understandable once the club give their presentation at the forum. If it’s part of a well thought out, risk vs reward approach then it will become apparent to supporters at the Fans Forum on the 13th.

Looking forward to it.

It's quite a simple reason:

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Newcastle tickets on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 1908 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 17:17 - Dec 17 by YouTubeDale

It’s all about the price elasticity of demand, but as John Maynard Keynes says, in the long run...we are all dead, which could infer...it doesn’t really matter.

Yes, as I said, I’m not in any way defending the pricing, which I don’t agree with.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 17:40 - Dec 17 with 1908 viewsdawlishdale

Newcastle tickets on 17:18 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

I could've understood the category B pricing if the game wasn't on tv

But it is, and its happening just when everyone has spent up

What a set of idiots the board of directors are

If we get a full house i'll hold my hand up and apologise, but that'd be much more likely with category A pricing. And isn't atmosphere & goodwill with the fanbase an absolutely essential ingredient at a club like ours?

If we got 6000 home fans at an average of £20 = £120k

So we'd have to get at least 5000 home fans at an average of say £24 to match that

That'll be the yardstick in purely financial terms, but the yardstick in terms of goodwill and sheer damn common sense is going to be used for one thing only after this decision - it'll be used to beat the board with, and they'll deserve it

And there you have it. Nail firmly hit on head.

The loss of goodwill by doing this will be hugely more important than the additional income. Not just on the day, but going forward.

I'm appalled at our Board's sheer short-sighted approach and think they could well come under increasing pressure at the forum and in January. To say they don't "get" the feelings of supporters is putting it mildly.

We don't live in an affluent area of Southern England...nor is this RMBC, where the answer to every problem seems to be to charge more.

The Board really need to give their collective heads a wobble.
Newcastle tickets on 17:53 - Dec 17 with 1828 viewsJames1980

Is the pricing to get the most out of the away fans with scant consideration for the home supporters?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Newcastle tickets on 17:55 - Dec 17 with 1809 viewsboromat

It's all about making money and I don't think you can blame the club. Lots has been tried in the past the most significant being the cheaper season tickets. None of which has really increased crowds to a level that makes it sustainable. Hence season ticket prices have started to be increased again.

This is a one off game that I'm sure will sell well. Yes we might not sell it out but I also don't think cheaper tickets would instantly mean we sell it out, especially considering the time of year. Increased ticket prices as per the arrangements set out at the start of the season is probably the best opportunity to maximise the takings. Most of the people going to this game will be going regardless of the price being £15 or £27 or anywhere in-between. Whether we like it or not.

You never know it might be the difference between recruitment or not in Jan like everyone's been moaning about 😇.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newcastle tickets on 17:58 - Dec 17 with 1781 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 17:53 - Dec 17 by James1980

Is the pricing to get the most out of the away fans with scant consideration for the home supporters?

If so, could the main stand and willbuts have been £27 and other stands remained ‘normal’

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 17:59 - Dec 17 with 1779 viewsTappers

£27 sounds good deal to see Newcastle at Spotland, ive just paid £50 to see Everton at Anfield..!!! Same round of cup
Newcastle tickets on 18:09 - Dec 17 with 1722 views442Dale

Newcastle tickets on 17:53 - Dec 17 by James1980

Never liked that approach. They’re football fans like us and we should be thinking of everyone.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2019 18:09]

Newcastle tickets on 18:10 - Dec 17 with 1717 viewsSandyDrum

Newcastle tickets on 17:59 - Dec 17 by Tappers

£27 sounds good deal to see Newcastle at Spotland, ive just paid £50 to see Everton at Anfield..!!! Same round of cup

In a Merseyside derby, at Anfield...home of the champions of Europe and champions of England elect.

Not exactly comparable.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Newcastle tickets on 18:12 - Dec 17 with 1700 viewsSandyman

Newcastle tickets on 17:28 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

Looking forward to it.

If it helps invest in the squad, so be it.
If not, the forum will voice its opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024