Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32102 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 10:49 - Dec 18 with 2156 viewsfitzochris

Newcastle tickets on 10:45 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Can anyone explain why the Bolton game is Cat A and not Cat B? Wont there be extra police needed that day?

In my opinion, they should have made that game Cat B and this one A.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Newcastle tickets on 10:51 - Dec 18 with 2147 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle tickets on 10:49 - Dec 18 by fitzochris

In my opinion, they should have made that game Cat B and this one A.

Personally - I fooking hate cats.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 10:54 - Dec 18 with 2131 viewsAncoats_Blue

Anyone managed to buy on line? I’ve tried and can only buy 1 ticket (despite the site saying there are no restrictions).
Newcastle tickets on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 2118 viewsNigeriamark

Newcastle tickets on 10:51 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

sorry but everyone knows cats are ace and dogs are slobering yappy gormless wastes of money
Newcastle tickets on 11:00 - Dec 18 with 2103 viewsNerazzurri

Newcastle tickets on 10:45 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Can anyone explain why the Bolton game is Cat A and not Cat B? Wont there be extra police needed that day?

When they changed the category of the Bolton game they mentioned a reason that as it was part of the 4 for 3 ticket offer & the fact that it's Bolton's 3rd visit of the season.

Forza Nerazzurri

Newcastle tickets on 11:12 - Dec 18 with 2063 viewsDaleiLama

Newcastle tickets on 10:51 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Didn't look like it when I walked past your house this morning?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newcastle tickets on 11:17 - Dec 18 with 2032 viewsscarrow

This will be Newcastle's most expensive away ticket prices so far this season with the £20 cap in the PL. They of course will have agreed the pricing with Dale.

Twenty is plenty though!

Poll: Final position

Newcastle tickets on 11:26 - Dec 18 with 2002 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

After 50 odd years of supporting Dale through thick and very thin, I`m coming closer to ending my love affair with the club.

Since Dale lost their chief executive to Port Vale and then the chairman (did he fall or was he pushed?) the running of the club has been nothing short of inept in my opinion.
The same 2000 odd fans are being fleeced time after time. Many can afford it, but there are at least as many who cannot. I`m one of the former but I still feel as though my customer loyalty is being pushed to the limit. Whatever happened to the idea that the customer is always right?

Whether or not the ground is full to capacity on the day matters not one jot to the present regime. What sort of a club board runs a football club in this way? If it did matter to them, then the pricing for the Newcastle game would have been very different.

I used to cringe at the way our club took advantage of the away fans, but that is nothing compared to what the current crop of idiots is doing. Is it any wonder we get such low attendances for league games? Big cup games will always attract larger crowds, but if you want people to continue to attend, you don`t fleece fans at every opportunity or you will lose any goodwill that had been there in the first place.

The present attempt to screw every last penny out of home AND away fans, has left me feeling embarrassed, angry and saddened at the depths this once proud family club has sunk to.
My dear departed father would be turning in his grave if he knew what was going on.
Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 11:29 - Dec 18 with 1989 viewsVivaDonaldo

Newcastle tickets on 11:17 - Dec 18 by scarrow

This will be Newcastle's most expensive away ticket prices so far this season with the £20 cap in the PL. They of course will have agreed the pricing with Dale.

Twenty is plenty though!

Of course though, ticket income isn't as crucial in the upper echelons of the game where sponsorship is king.

It annoys me when fans compare our ticket pricing to Man City or away ticket cost in the premier league. It's like comparing your corner shop to Tesco. Go shop at Tesco if you like, the corner shop will be out of business without your support.
Newcastle tickets on 11:38 - Dec 18 with 1956 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 09:42 - Dec 18 by judd

Not reserved seating, I take it?

It is reserved seating.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Newcastle tickets on 11:39 - Dec 18 with 1951 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 11:17 - Dec 18 by scarrow

Twenty is plenty though!

The PL cap is £30

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 11:56 - Dec 18 with 1891 viewsnordenblue

Newcastle tickets on 11:29 - Dec 18 by VivaDonaldo

Of course though, ticket income isn't as crucial in the upper echelons of the game where sponsorship is king.

It annoys me when fans compare our ticket pricing to Man City or away ticket cost in the premier league. It's like comparing your corner shop to Tesco. Go shop at Tesco if you like, the corner shop will be out of business without your support.

A corner shop charge a premium for convenience and ease to make a purchase,both of which you can throw out the window when talking about Spotland,the reality is most folk go for value for money 9/10 and if that means an overpriced corner shop going bang then so be it, we are heading in the same direction with this clown making decisions.
Newcastle tickets on 12:11 - Dec 18 with 1840 views49thseason

I am in two minds about all this. The price hike seems excessive when compared to the Wrexham and Boston games and the extra cash generated will no doubt be welcome, but I struggle with the thinking behind what seems to be an attempt to simply make every single pound possible from games against top-flight teams and the cheeseparing attitude towards Lottery agents. increasing prices and cutting costs is all very well until the recipients of those decisions decide to withdraw their support as a result.
The whole club seems to be heading in a direction that has no buy-in from supporters because there has been no attempt to bring them into the conversation. It seems the Directors have decided on the "mushroom strategy"-- keep the in the dark and throw BS on them from time to time, maybe all will be revealed in January at the fans forum or maybe there will be an attempt to whitewash over the obvious cracks.
What I do know is that there is a lack of imagination being used in the operation of the club, with little evidence of a business plan that extends the customer base on any measure. Lottery agents are fed up, supporters are moaning, and the impression being given is one of day to day random decisions.
The club, in my view, needs a huge marketing and sales overhaul. A major competitor has recently gone out of business .. has there been any attempt to pull in business from Bury? And instead of simply shutting the Sandy Lane for minor cup games, to save a couple of hundred pounds, why are these games not used to pull in a 1000 kids at £1 each with adults at a fiver providing they fill in an email address? These games should be a gateway into the club for kids and potential new supporters.
Still, there is always a car boot sale to organise and mugs to be ordered so I guess actually getting fans into the ground is now a secondary activity.
Forget the loyalty ladder .. squeeze the pips!
https://www.marketingteacher.com/the-loyalty-ladder/
Newcastle tickets on 12:18 - Dec 18 with 1798 viewsHK_Dale

Newcastle tickets on 12:11 - Dec 18 by 49thseason

I am in two minds about all this. The price hike seems excessive when compared to the Wrexham and Boston games and the extra cash generated will no doubt be welcome, but I struggle with the thinking behind what seems to be an attempt to simply make every single pound possible from games against top-flight teams and the cheeseparing attitude towards Lottery agents. increasing prices and cutting costs is all very well until the recipients of those decisions decide to withdraw their support as a result.
The whole club seems to be heading in a direction that has no buy-in from supporters because there has been no attempt to bring them into the conversation. It seems the Directors have decided on the "mushroom strategy"-- keep the in the dark and throw BS on them from time to time, maybe all will be revealed in January at the fans forum or maybe there will be an attempt to whitewash over the obvious cracks.
What I do know is that there is a lack of imagination being used in the operation of the club, with little evidence of a business plan that extends the customer base on any measure. Lottery agents are fed up, supporters are moaning, and the impression being given is one of day to day random decisions.
The club, in my view, needs a huge marketing and sales overhaul. A major competitor has recently gone out of business .. has there been any attempt to pull in business from Bury? And instead of simply shutting the Sandy Lane for minor cup games, to save a couple of hundred pounds, why are these games not used to pull in a 1000 kids at £1 each with adults at a fiver providing they fill in an email address? These games should be a gateway into the club for kids and potential new supporters.
Still, there is always a car boot sale to organise and mugs to be ordered so I guess actually getting fans into the ground is now a secondary activity.
Forget the loyalty ladder .. squeeze the pips!
https://www.marketingteacher.com/the-loyalty-ladder/

Agree that an overhaul is needed.

We could learn something from the way some of the newer NFL teams have gone about building a loyal and engaged fan base. Getting players and the club to be visible and support charity work; open training sessions; fan engagement events in the local area, not just at the stadium.

We should be aiming to make the football club a pillar of the community rather than a niche interest for a few thousand around the town...
Newcastle tickets on 12:22 - Dec 18 with 1787 viewsscarrow

Newcastle tickets on 11:39 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

The PL cap is £30

My mistake but even so...

Poll: Final position

Newcastle tickets on 12:52 - Dec 18 with 1705 viewsboromat

Newcastle tickets on 10:54 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

Anyone managed to buy on line? I’ve tried and can only buy 1 ticket (despite the site saying there are no restrictions).

Online ticketing not working at all for me, match is greyed out. I ended up phoning instead. I mentioned it and they seemed to know it isn't working.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newcastle tickets on 12:59 - Dec 18 with 1669 viewsKenBoon

Newcastle tickets on 12:52 - Dec 18 by boromat

Online ticketing not working at all for me, match is greyed out. I ended up phoning instead. I mentioned it and they seemed to know it isn't working.

I was just going to ask about this. Hopefully they fix it because i'm not ordering by phone in 2019.
Newcastle tickets on 13:02 - Dec 18 with 1648 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 12:59 - Dec 18 by KenBoon

I was just going to ask about this. Hopefully they fix it because i'm not ordering by phone in 2019.

Leaving it till the new year?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 13:28 - Dec 18 with 1558 viewsdingdangblue

Newcastle sold 2000 already since 4pm yesterday.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 13:37 - Dec 18 with 1529 viewsAtThePeake

Newcastle tickets on 13:28 - Dec 18 by dingdangblue

Newcastle sold 2000 already since 4pm yesterday.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2019/12/rochdale-and-newcastle-united-agree-to-double-f

Do we think there's a chance, given that Newcastle look very likely to sell their away allocation, that some Newcastlle fans will snap up tickets in the home end once they go on general sale and the ground will end up full regardless?

Tangled up in blue.

Newcastle tickets on 14:15 - Dec 18 with 1448 viewsDaleiLama

Newcastle tickets on 12:59 - Dec 18 by KenBoon

I reported it not long after 9am and just bobbed on and it's working ok for me now - might be worth trying again for anyone wanting to buy on line - all seats look to be reserved for ST though; only 2 "available" at present in the block of 40 where I sit until any not taken up are released after general sale.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Newcastle tickets on 14:48 - Dec 18 with 1369 viewsKenBoon

Newcastle tickets on 14:15 - Dec 18 by DaleiLama

I reported it not long after 9am and just bobbed on and it's working ok for me now - might be worth trying again for anyone wanting to buy on line - all seats look to be reserved for ST though; only 2 "available" at present in the block of 40 where I sit until any not taken up are released after general sale.

On the fixtures page It is still greyed out for me, but if I select My Reservations on the menu I can see the ones I can buy and it lets me buy them. Sorry if someone explained that above, I was scanning the page and not paying attention.
Newcastle tickets on 15:20 - Dec 18 with 1277 viewsAncoats_Blue

Newcastle tickets on 13:37 - Dec 18 by AtThePeake

Do we think there's a chance, given that Newcastle look very likely to sell their away allocation, that some Newcastlle fans will snap up tickets in the home end once they go on general sale and the ground will end up full regardless?

There’s a risk but you’d hope the club flag any sales to people with Newcastle and surrounding postcodes. Obviously there are NUFC fans nationwide but not to the extent of Man U , Liverpool etc where it’s actually difficult to pinpoint where match going fans live. So querying a sudden influx of “home” fans setting up a billing address in the north east would be prudent, if it happens.
Newcastle tickets on 15:32 - Dec 18 with 1229 viewsDorsetDale

Newcastle tickets on 15:20 - Dec 18 by Ancoats_Blue

There’s a risk but you’d hope the club flag any sales to people with Newcastle and surrounding postcodes. Obviously there are NUFC fans nationwide but not to the extent of Man U , Liverpool etc where it’s actually difficult to pinpoint where match going fans live. So querying a sudden influx of “home” fans setting up a billing address in the north east would be prudent, if it happens.

Given the likelihood Dale fans won't take up full allocation of home end tickets and that there are probably many Newcastle fans will have Dale fans/locals as family or friends, they will be in home parts of the ground.
There were Leeds fans in the Sandy, I even brought one with me.
I take your point about post codes so doubt they will be "en masse".

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Newcastle tickets on 16:08 - Dec 18 with 1130 viewsAtThePeake

I wonder if a blind eye would be turned should we be struggling to sell tickets in the home ends though?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024