Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Newcastle tickets 21:55 - Dec 16 with 32091 views442Dale

Now we are through, with the added bonus of tonight’s game being on tv and the Newcastle game also on BT, really hope we are sensible with the ticket prices ie. not raising them by a fiver a la Sunderland etc. With the Accrington game three days before and Bolton the week after, we don’t want to see fans having to make a choice and missing vital league games.

For a number of years we’ve not had a “big” draw in cup competitions. This will be the third in less than two years, floating fans will start to think twice if the price isn’t right as the novelty is going. If the home ends aren’t full, we’ll have got it wrong.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 18:14 - Dec 17 with 2339 viewsfunkkk

Outrageous pricing and will put a lot of people off. Poor from the club.
Newcastle tickets on 18:16 - Dec 17 with 2324 viewsTappers

True but Merseyside derby happens twice a season.. ( well up to now ) This match may not happen again unless Dale get promoted same as Newcastle get relegated. Im looking forward to Spotland...
Newcastle tickets on 18:26 - Dec 17 with 2269 viewsRochdale_ger

So who on here won’t be going based on the cost of tickets.
Newcastle tickets on 18:29 - Dec 17 with 2254 views442Dale

Newcastle tickets on 18:26 - Dec 17 by Rochdale_ger

So who on here won’t be going based on the cost of tickets.

The club should be extremely disappointed that such a question even needs to be thought of.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Newcastle tickets on 18:34 - Dec 17 with 2232 viewsboromat

The best decision was not limiting the number of tickets. Think that will help with the sales. A lot of season ticket holders had to wait until general release last time.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newcastle tickets on 18:38 - Dec 17 with 2205 viewsShun

Newcastle tickets on 18:12 - Dec 17 by Sandyman

If it helps invest in the squad, so be it.
If not, the forum will voice its opinion.

That’s my thoughts too. And I’m in the same mind as boromat that I don’t think the pricing will make *too* much of a difference - the people who go to this match would’ve gone regardless of price, and we’ve seen with staggeringly cheap season tickets how lowering the price doesn’t necessarily increase uptake in the product.

We really have received such a vast influx of money over the past two seasons, to the point where 10 seasons ago a televised FA Cup game against Newcastle would’ve had me seeing dollar signs but now it almost seems par for the course!

What is concerning though is the continual signs from the board that we have no money to spend in the face of this huge influx - just what is going on? I’d love us to spend on the squad in January (or even hear a promise that funds will be spent in the summer) but I don’t see that happening. I do think the club needs a new accountant though because something really doesn’t add up here.
Newcastle tickets on 18:39 - Dec 17 with 2201 viewsblackdogblue

Newcastle tickets on 18:34 - Dec 17 by boromat

The best decision was not limiting the number of tickets. Think that will help with the sales. A lot of season ticket holders had to wait until general release last time.

? Last major game Season ticket holders could purchase up to 5 extra tickets per voucher off memory?

(Might have dreamt this but may not)

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Newcastle tickets on 19:17 - Dec 17 with 2063 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 18:38 - Dec 17 by Shun

That’s my thoughts too. And I’m in the same mind as boromat that I don’t think the pricing will make *too* much of a difference - the people who go to this match would’ve gone regardless of price, and we’ve seen with staggeringly cheap season tickets how lowering the price doesn’t necessarily increase uptake in the product.

We really have received such a vast influx of money over the past two seasons, to the point where 10 seasons ago a televised FA Cup game against Newcastle would’ve had me seeing dollar signs but now it almost seems par for the course!

What is concerning though is the continual signs from the board that we have no money to spend in the face of this huge influx - just what is going on? I’d love us to spend on the squad in January (or even hear a promise that funds will be spent in the summer) but I don’t see that happening. I do think the club needs a new accountant though because something really doesn’t add up here.

The people that go would have gone anyway regardless of price - does that mean no Rochdale fans feel priced out?

Should we, as a club, not be all-inclusive and understanding of a demographic at Xmas time and having suffered 3 seasons of utter dross on AND off the pitch?

As Dalien points out, we have a major cash influx from TV money so why charge the extra?

We have just provided 3 coaches to Boston at our expense - proves that we have a heart at times.

Personally,.in light of the constant stealth increases and erosion of agent rights, I have cut out nearly all club-related spending.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

Newcastle tickets on 19:20 - Dec 17 with 2046 viewsrochdaleriddler

Newcastle tickets on 18:29 - Dec 17 by 442Dale

The club should be extremely disappointed that such a question even needs to be thought of.

I’m guessing he is making the point that people will go regardless

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Newcastle tickets on 19:22 - Dec 17 with 2025 viewsJames1980

I'll be going but think pricing is very myopic

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Newcastle tickets on 19:39 - Dec 17 with 1950 viewsRochdale_ger

Newcastle tickets on 19:20 - Dec 17 by rochdaleriddler

I’m guessing he is making the point that people will go regardless

Wasn’t trying to be clever or antagonistic. Was genuinely asking. Just asked one of my best mates if he wants a ticket picking up as I’m up near the ground tomorrow. He said he couldn’t justify spending that much money after Christmas and NYE. He’s got a couple of kids and and runs an household and already has BT. Genuinely surprised though as he’s a diehard. So there is one not going.
Newcastle tickets on 19:41 - Dec 17 with 1940 viewsVivaDonaldo

Newcastle tickets on 19:17 - Dec 17 by judd

The people that go would have gone anyway regardless of price - does that mean no Rochdale fans feel priced out?

Should we, as a club, not be all-inclusive and understanding of a demographic at Xmas time and having suffered 3 seasons of utter dross on AND off the pitch?

As Dalien points out, we have a major cash influx from TV money so why charge the extra?

We have just provided 3 coaches to Boston at our expense - proves that we have a heart at times.

Personally,.in light of the constant stealth increases and erosion of agent rights, I have cut out nearly all club-related spending.

If you've cut all other related club spending it sounds like they could do with the extra money on tickets.
Newcastle tickets on 19:45 - Dec 17 with 1895 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 19:41 - Dec 17 by VivaDonaldo

If you've cut all other related club spending it sounds like they could do with the extra money on tickets.

Have another read of judd's last sentence. There's a key word in there that makes your post pretty abysmal

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 19:48 - Dec 17 with 1887 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 19:41 - Dec 17 by VivaDonaldo

Heh!

When the Board sends out a letter to agents saying they need to make savings that amount to £1040 per year then I don't feel the need to worry.

At all.

Newcastle tickets on 19:57 - Dec 17 with 1831 viewsdingdangblue

I'm guessing this is a good indication why Chris Dunphy left - he didn't like the way the club was becoming. He was always on the fans side whenever decent Cup games came around, Leeds Utd, Sheffield Weds, Stoke City, Tottenham - I dont remember any ticket price increases for those games - he made a point of saying he didn't want to fleece the loyal fans. How times have changed.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Newcastle tickets on 20:02 - Dec 17 with 1807 viewsfunkkk

I see these games as a reward to the loyal fans - they shouldn't be punished by the club profiteering. One would hope the increased attendance, match day revenue and chance to win over new fans would be good enough for the club but seemingly not.
Newcastle tickets on 20:08 - Dec 17 with 1757 viewsVivaDonaldo

Newcastle tickets on 19:45 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

Have another read of judd's last sentence. There's a key word in there that makes your post pretty abysmal

Tongue in cheek. I considered a smiley or something but decided against it.

Keep an eye on your blood pressure!
Newcastle tickets on 20:11 - Dec 17 with 1727 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 20:02 - Dec 17 by funkkk

I see these games as a reward to the loyal fans - they shouldn't be punished by the club profiteering. One would hope the increased attendance, match day revenue and chance to win over new fans would be good enough for the club but seemingly not.

Profiteering is sadly the exact word that springs to mind.

Same as we did with Manu, even though the club thought that income not that great.

There's no doubt the directors have a tough job to do, I just worry that of late major commercial decisions taken are not that great.

Newcastle tickets on 20:17 - Dec 17 with 1681 viewsD_Alien

Newcastle tickets on 20:08 - Dec 17 by VivaDonaldo

Tongue in cheek. I considered a smiley or something but decided against it.

Keep an eye on your blood pressure!

Maybe keep both eyes on your tongue, see if they get cross?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Newcastle tickets on 20:37 - Dec 17 with 1568 viewsShun

Not at all. But then again, I didn’t say anything of the sort.

I’m not saying I agree with the prices but I can certainly appreciate where they came from. As I said in my earlier post we’ve seen over the past few years how reducing prices doesn’t equate to increased uptake. My argument remains the same that I think the attendance won’t differ *too* much at these prices as opposed to the usual prices. And it’s clear that no matter how good the product on offer the day-trippers won’t be tempted to return - see the Spurs game in a long line of examples. With those two thoughts in mind I can’t hold it against the club too much for trying to maximise income as a complete one-off game.

And yes, I know it’s also about the principal and the disconnect between us and them as we turn from fans into clients and our club turns from club into business, I know it’s bigger than a simple pricing structure, I get that, but as a one-off that won’t really affect much besides the club’s income sheet I can’t feel too aggrieved.
Newcastle tickets on 20:42 - Dec 17 with 1548 viewsboromat

Newcastle tickets on 20:02 - Dec 17 by funkkk

You could also argue cheaper season tickets have been the reward to loyal fans over the last few seasons and games like this are just reward for the club to make back some of that lost income. Can't always have it our way.

I feel generally the club are being given a harder time of late by us lot than they probably deserve. Yes there's lots of things that are frustrating and can improve but it feels like every decision is being jumped on at the minute.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Newcastle tickets on 20:49 - Dec 17 with 1521 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 20:37 - Dec 17 by Shun

Not at all. But then again, I didn’t say anything of the sort.

I’m not saying I agree with the prices but I can certainly appreciate where they came from. As I said in my earlier post we’ve seen over the past few years how reducing prices doesn’t equate to increased uptake. My argument remains the same that I think the attendance won’t differ *too* much at these prices as opposed to the usual prices. And it’s clear that no matter how good the product on offer the day-trippers won’t be tempted to return - see the Spurs game in a long line of examples. With those two thoughts in mind I can’t hold it against the club too much for trying to maximise income as a complete one-off game.

And yes, I know it’s also about the principal and the disconnect between us and them as we turn from fans into clients and our club turns from club into business, I know it’s bigger than a simple pricing structure, I get that, but as a one-off that won’t really affect much besides the club’s income sheet I can’t feel too aggrieved.

Looking at posts on here and various social media sites there is much opposition to the ticket pricing when allied to the TV income.

5,000 fans paying an extra fiver or 8,000 fans being rewarded with no increase? No one can be sure if either figure will be correct (I'm only talking home fans).

The goodwill element at this time of year is almost immeasurable.

I went to see out biggest customer today and he said he wanted to put more work our way as a thank you for putting up with poor performance. I said thanks but it will cost you 30% more.

Newcastle tickets on 20:59 - Dec 17 with 1475 viewsAncoats_Blue

I wasn’t expecting this to be cheaper than a league pay on the day. Was anyone else? Rounds 1 & 2 against unattractive opposition yeah but a premier league side at home, no.
I completely forgot about the A/B pricing structure but it’s obvious the club will price this game as the pricier band if they’ve set a precedent with league games.
Also what’s with people moaning about cost after Christmas? The game was always in January.
I’d naturally welcome a cheaper ticket but I don’t really understand the grief the club are getting for this.
Newcastle tickets on 21:03 - Dec 17 with 1454 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 20:42 - Dec 17 by boromat

You could also argue cheaper season tickets have been the reward to loyal fans over the last few seasons and games like this are just reward for the club to make back some of that lost income. Can't always have it our way.

I feel generally the club are being given a harder time of late by us lot than they probably deserve. Yes there's lots of things that are frustrating and can improve but it feels like every decision is being jumped on at the minute.

Fair points, but there's a huge chunk of TV money being chucked at us.

That's the nub of the argument here.

As for everything the club does being jumped on, just look at the compliments showered on the club for the Boston/big telly/curry plans, which sadly never happened.

Likewise praise for free travel to Boston.

I think when the club gets some stick is when it is deserved. Most recently the Goldbond agents treatment.

Newcastle tickets on 21:04 - Dec 17 with 1449 viewsjudd

Newcastle tickets on 20:59 - Dec 17 by Ancoats_Blue

I wasn’t expecting this to be cheaper than a league pay on the day. Was anyone else? Rounds 1 & 2 against unattractive opposition yeah but a premier league side at home, no.
I completely forgot about the A/B pricing structure but it’s obvious the club will price this game as the pricier band if they’ve set a precedent with league games.
Also what’s with people moaning about cost after Christmas? The game was always in January.
I’d naturally welcome a cheaper ticket but I don’t really understand the grief the club are getting for this.

Its when you pay for the ticket I guess.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024