Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS 09:05 - Dec 31 with 8499 viewsNorthantsHoop

I hope we do not lose BOS in the January window, if the rumours are true he's not inclined to sign an extension. It might all be a negotiating tactic etc.. I really rate BOS he has been exceptional this season and at last his potential coming to fruition. Starting to tear sides apart down the wings. The end product is improving as well.
BOS on 14:40 - Jan 1 with 1966 viewsrsonist

BOS on 10:28 - Jan 1 by DavieQPR

Still think at the moment BOS is just an athlete with boots on. End product is still terrible. If he moved it would be sideways or as a bench warmer somewhere.

Pretty harsh but even still it's pace and bustle we desperately need. Will be some player if we do polish him up though - look at Adama Traore at Wolves gone from laughing stock to lethal.
BOS on 14:42 - Jan 1 with 1962 viewsAntti_Heinola

Still think at the moment BOS is just an athlete with boots on. End product is still terrible. If he moved it would be sideways or as a bench warmer somewhere.

Nonsense.

Bare bones.

BOS on 16:18 - Jan 1 with 1930 viewsnottonyfernandes

Say he’s just an athlete again so he can get his hattrick.
Joy to watch, even if it doesn’t always work
BOS on 16:56 - Jan 1 with 1901 viewsAntti_Heinola

This aged well.

Bare bones.

BOS on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 1847 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He must have won us a dozen corners today?
BOS on 17:27 - Jan 1 with 1839 viewsNov77

There’s more than a touch of the Andy impey’s about him, very similar players. Nice to see him improving.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

BOS on 17:50 - Jan 1 with 1772 viewsLazyFan

BOS on 17:27 - Jan 1 by Nov77

There’s more than a touch of the Andy impey’s about him, very similar players. Nice to see him improving.

In my view, he is better than Impey.
If he continues developing like this, he will become a prem player.

Well see.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

BOS on 17:54 - Jan 1 with 1750 viewsNov77

BOS on 17:50 - Jan 1 by LazyFan

In my view, he is better than Impey.
If he continues developing like this, he will become a prem player.

Well see.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well Impey was a top flight player, he did his stuff against the best teams in the country. Let’s not get carried away with BOS yet, it is encouraging to see him improving though.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Login to get fewer ads

BOS on 17:59 - Jan 1 with 1722 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS on 17:54 - Jan 1 by Nov77

Well Impey was a top flight player, he did his stuff against the best teams in the country. Let’s not get carried away with BOS yet, it is encouraging to see him improving though.

Agree with this.

Not so long ago BOS was all potential, a player you could dream on but a player who rarely showed the confidence to take his man on and who, yes, often lacked end product.

He is in beguiling, bewitching form right now. I'm happy to enjoy it and see where it leads him and us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS on 19:02 - Jan 1 with 1650 viewsnix

BOS on 17:59 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Agree with this.

Not so long ago BOS was all potential, a player you could dream on but a player who rarely showed the confidence to take his man on and who, yes, often lacked end product.

He is in beguiling, bewitching form right now. I'm happy to enjoy it and see where it leads him and us.

This.

His decision making has improved. When to pass, when to shoot, when to take on the defenders. He makes some really good runs too which provide an outlet for Chair and Eze.

But most of all, those surges of pace are just electrifying.

He also looks stronger on the ball which meant he got past the defenders on the by-line more often than not. Their defenders were like this 🤯.
BOS on 19:07 - Jan 1 with 1627 viewsNW5Hoop

I know today was only one game … but that's the fastest I've ever seen a post age badly!
BOS on 19:08 - Jan 1 with 1623 viewsMatch82

BOS on 19:02 - Jan 1 by nix

This.

His decision making has improved. When to pass, when to shoot, when to take on the defenders. He makes some really good runs too which provide an outlet for Chair and Eze.

But most of all, those surges of pace are just electrifying.

He also looks stronger on the ball which meant he got past the defenders on the by-line more often than not. Their defenders were like this 🤯.

That combination of strength and speed was just devastating today. Phenomenal game.
BOS on 21:28 - Jan 1 with 1472 viewsdannyblue

And decision making improving every week. Even though he was on a hat trick he wasn’t just lashing it first sight of goal, he was still trying to find a man in the box.

As on other post, most dominating performance from a winger I can remember.
BOS on 23:34 - Jan 1 with 1375 viewsrobith

This aged well
BOS on 23:52 - Jan 1 with 1346 viewsDylanP

Yeah, two terrible goals today and all those terrible runs and assists. Just terrible!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

BOS on 23:54 - Jan 1 with 1342 viewsHunterhoop

BOS had a career game today. Superb. Fullback on toast. Well done, BOS.
BOS on 23:59 - Jan 1 with 1331 viewsBenny_the_Ball

BOS on 13:28 - Dec 31 by stainrods_elbow

Some will agree, I wearily suppose, but why do I feel your post reads more like that of a company accountant rather than a fan? If you think asset stripping the club in one fell swoop in January is the way forward, I feel sorry for you - you sound like Richard Thompson! Unfortunately, neoliberalism is a pernicious flower, and these days it gives some people licence to tout this kind of tosh as if it were footballing fate.

More soberly, it depends on what we all mean by 'supporting the manager'. For me, even if this has to be sprinkled by a degree of fiscal realism in the current FFP/self-inflicted QPR climate, it means helping him cultivate a squad that gives him a chance to succeed, rather than pulling the rug from under his feet at every opportunity. Between 'tanking the club' and the no alternative mantra of 'every player has his price' austerity (to the point where Hoos has more or less said he loves the idea of us being known as a 'selling club', because it means we're liquidating assets), there are many interstices. For example, a number of posters (myself included) argue that, if we still had Smithies between the sticks, we would likely be pushing strongly now for a playoff position going into 2020, with all the knock-on benefits that carries from supporter lift, giving younger supporters players to identify with, and retaining your assets/attracting players to come and play for you. That's how you crete virtuous circles in any form of business - surround yourself with passion, talent and vision, cultivate it, and work from there. It's also very easy to create vicious circles if you're a fiscal philistine and don't understand football clubs, only football numbers. As I say, if we lost Eze, Bright and Manning in this window, or even just one/two of them, I'd say this season would instantly become a lot more about staying up.

Unfortunately, some people think of football as a business first and a passion/ entertainment second. They don't understand fans, don't understand football, and are necesary evils at best - to be tolerated (to a point), but not loved.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 13:35]

Without the unloved accountant on board you end up like Bury. However, selling all of our assets at once will surely result in relegation to League 1 so a balance must be struck to improve the books whilst keeping QPR competitive. If the board do decide to cash in all assets now that would indicate to me that they have lost interest and just want to recoup their losses.

Anyway, bringing it back on topic I too hope we don't lose BOS in January.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 0:01]
BOS on 00:17 - Jan 2 with 1314 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

BOS on 23:59 - Jan 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Without the unloved accountant on board you end up like Bury. However, selling all of our assets at once will surely result in relegation to League 1 so a balance must be struck to improve the books whilst keeping QPR competitive. If the board do decide to cash in all assets now that would indicate to me that they have lost interest and just want to recoup their losses.

Anyway, bringing it back on topic I too hope we don't lose BOS in January.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 0:01]

Player sales might satisfy FFP but it wouldn’t touch the sides of the immense money pit the owners have dug.

There are only two ways that these owners will recoup their money:

1) Promotion to the Premiership
2) Sale of Loftus Rd and development of the land

If you want a clue as to which route they are most likely to take, consider the expertise of the directors they recruit:

https://dealmakerz.co.uk/property-investor-jamie-reuben-becomes-board-member-at-
BOS on 00:24 - Jan 2 with 1300 viewsBenny_the_Ball

BOS on 00:17 - Jan 2 by BazzaInTheLoft

Player sales might satisfy FFP but it wouldn’t touch the sides of the immense money pit the owners have dug.

There are only two ways that these owners will recoup their money:

1) Promotion to the Premiership
2) Sale of Loftus Rd and development of the land

If you want a clue as to which route they are most likely to take, consider the expertise of the directors they recruit:

https://dealmakerz.co.uk/property-investor-jamie-reuben-becomes-board-member-at-

I don't need convincing, Bazza. I've long held the suspicion that Tony et al are using QPR as a vehicle for making money via property development be it the Old Oak project, Linford Christie stadium and/or sale of Loftus Road. Meanwhile the development that is vital to the future of the club (i.e. Warren Farm) is yet to begin in earnest.
BOS on 08:40 - Jan 2 with 1167 viewsozexile

Was BOS a Penrice find? I saw the other day he'd ledt his scouting role with us.
BOS on 09:43 - Jan 2 with 1084 views1MoreBrightonR

One thing he does that i love is he will pick up the ball at the halfway line, back to the goal and often heading the opposite way, and then in a solit second do a full 90 degree turn and be round his man and on the attack. he doesnt know how to play backwards and i love that.
BOS on 09:52 - Jan 2 with 1061 viewsfrancisbowles

Scaring the life out of defences last few weeks. So direct, heads into the penalty area and they have to be careful with attempts to stop him.
BOS on 10:00 - Jan 2 with 1042 viewsstainrods_elbow

How big is your meal of humble pie this fine morning!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

BOS on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 1033 viewsnix

BOS on 08:40 - Jan 2 by ozexile

Was BOS a Penrice find? I saw the other day he'd ledt his scouting role with us.

It's possible as he started as scout in May 2017 and BOS came in September 2017 but I wonder if we'd already had our eye on him as I imagine these things take a bit of time these days as we may spend more time checking them out.
BOS on 10:04 - Jan 2 with 1026 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
He be jus loik watchin' dear 'ol Mark Lazarus.

Yo Ho!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024