Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, who else sacked off today? 20:09 - Jan 1 with 4341 viewsqueensparker

Bit pissed off after last few games, family on verge of throwing me out if I went to yet another game over Xmas, knackered, it was cold....

Bloody QPR should have known
So, who else sacked off today? on 09:42 - Jan 2 with 899 viewsTheChef

So, who else sacked off today? on 07:40 - Jan 2 by Lblock

I gave the game a miss

Don’t regret it at all

Given choice between attending that or a family get together and the get together won out. Years ago that would never have been the case but maturity may be kicking in.

I recorded it and turned my phone off so I could watch it Likely Lads style. The red button coverage was atrocious but that aside football was great. Glad to actually see Wells out there after what I thought was a long goodbye
My joy was tempered with a bit of frustration at the subs for last 10 to 15 mins and of course Lumley saving one into the net from the last kick. Matt Smith and Pugh offer zero to this team on the pitch but Warbs insists on using them; having to see the game out with eight and a half men was unnecessary. Their goal puts a bit of salt in the sugar and means what should’ve been a huge confidence boost for the defence, and Lumley in particular, ends up finishing with another reminder of our frailties

Not seen any post match interviews yet but my spread bet on Warbs mentioning “clinical” over 78 times will be safe I reckon

Happy New Year to you too!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So, who else sacked off today? on 10:13 - Jan 2 with 857 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, who else sacked off today? on 09:24 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

It’s only 4.4 miles,but because I went the wrong direction from the tube it turned into 4.5 miles.
I left Oxford Circus tube At 1pm and I was in the ground by 2.35,and that was with a quick stop at Tesco for some supplies.
I looked at the map beforehand and saw that all the central line stops before Shepherd’s Bush are all along a straight couple of roads from Tottenham Court Road so I had a choice of several starting places.My original choice was Marble Arch but as soon as I found out my brother wasn’t going I changed my mind to Oxford Circus.
I hadn’t been in Hyde park for years and it was nice to see all different people out and about enjoying the day.

Well done, mate. Sounds a great idea.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

So, who else sacked off today? on 10:15 - Jan 2 with 856 viewsHantsR

I must admit I was questioning my intelligence after recent disappointing results but was feeling pretty good about the club (separate thread re grandson) so negotiated with Mrs Hants and up the M3 I went. What a day!

Only 12000-ish attendance but in years to come, many more than that will claim to have been there!
So, who else sacked off today? on 10:32 - Jan 2 with 828 viewskingo

So, who else sacked off today? on 10:15 - Jan 2 by HantsR

I must admit I was questioning my intelligence after recent disappointing results but was feeling pretty good about the club (separate thread re grandson) so negotiated with Mrs Hants and up the M3 I went. What a day!

Only 12000-ish attendance but in years to come, many more than that will claim to have been there!

I don’t think it was 12,500. Lots and lots of empty seats and lots of regulars missing where I sit. Conningham wasn’t packed like usual, managed to get a beer quite easily for once. I think many were just fed up after dropping so many points recently and particularly the way we managed to contrive to lose to Hull. I thought we have given away so many presents over Xmas that hopefully we will start a new year in a new way. And glad I went and was right, let’s hope we continue in this way and get the points and goals our play deserves.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

So, who else sacked off today? on 11:52 - Jan 2 with 753 viewsstowmarketrange

So, who else sacked off today? on 10:13 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done, mate. Sounds a great idea.

I’m doing a charity trek in the Indian Himalayas in May so I need to do a lot more walking in the next 5 months.I should be back for the playoff final though.If anyone wants my season ticket for the semifinals let me know.
You did Kilimanjaro a couple of years ago didn’t you?How much training did you do?
So, who else sacked off today? on 12:01 - Jan 2 with 743 viewsthame_hoops

So, who else sacked off today? on 09:24 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

It’s only 4.4 miles,but because I went the wrong direction from the tube it turned into 4.5 miles.
I left Oxford Circus tube At 1pm and I was in the ground by 2.35,and that was with a quick stop at Tesco for some supplies.
I looked at the map beforehand and saw that all the central line stops before Shepherd’s Bush are all along a straight couple of roads from Tottenham Court Road so I had a choice of several starting places.My original choice was Marble Arch but as soon as I found out my brother wasn’t going I changed my mind to Oxford Circus.
I hadn’t been in Hyde park for years and it was nice to see all different people out and about enjoying the day.

I’m going to try that when the weather is better. Your right, you’re pretty much walking on top of the central line
So, who else sacked off today? on 12:04 - Jan 2 with 736 viewsstowmarketrange

So, who else sacked off today? on 12:01 - Jan 2 by thame_hoops

I’m going to try that when the weather is better. Your right, you’re pretty much walking on top of the central line

Those buses whizzing past going to Shepherd’s Bush and White City were tempting but lucky I’m as tight as a ducks posterior.
So, who else sacked off today? on 12:47 - Jan 2 with 690 viewsA40Bosh

Well that learnt me didn't it.

Walking away from LR after the Hull game I was in such a foul mood that we had managed to lose again after throwing away the game against Charlton and then losing to Reading (who in fairness did beat the Ruperts yesterday by the Thames) and a generally crap December run after Preston, that I thought I was not going to spend my last day off of the Christmas holidays and on NY Day getting myself in an even worse mood about going back to work today.

The Mrs talked me in to going shopping to return the presents that didn't fit and as each goal went in my ability to mumble the C word under my breath became harder and harder.

So I look at that I actually took one for the team yesterday because there was no way we would have won 6-1 if I had gone, but I had already bought 7 tickets to bring a gang to the back of SAR for this Sunday for our annual FA Cup 3rd Round Exit Day extravaganza

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:03 - Jan 2 with 627 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, who else sacked off today? on 11:52 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

I’m doing a charity trek in the Indian Himalayas in May so I need to do a lot more walking in the next 5 months.I should be back for the playoff final though.If anyone wants my season ticket for the semifinals let me know.
You did Kilimanjaro a couple of years ago didn’t you?How much training did you do?

Good man, make sure you post the fundraising link

I was pretty fit about six months out, fitter than I am now, but I did a six-month training regime as below, and - to be honest - it was OTT and more than was needed but I enjoyed the training. A few friends did only the hiking training below and managed the climb no bother.

Gym weights - Twice a week, 60 minutes at medium pace
Gym intervals - Twice a week x 25 minutes of HITT (can be done at home)
5-a-side - Once a week
Walking - 5 hours a week
Hiking:-
Month 1 - Two hikes x 4 hours
Month 2 - Two hikes x 5 hours
Month 3 - Two hikes x 6 hours
Month 4 - Four hikes x 6 hours
Month 5 - Four hikes x 6 hours
Month 6 - Two hikes x 4 hours

This year, we're going to South America, most likely. I've just started 3 months light training, then I'll repeat the 6-month programme above. The goal is to get back to 14% for the climb.

Other advice:-

Do a weekly body fats test. It'll help you keep constant discipline, and will give you enjoyable goals.

EDIT - just seen that your climb is in May. You should still be fine, if you're already doing two-hour walks.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 15:05]

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:17 - Jan 2 with 595 viewsTacticalR

So, who else sacked off today? on 12:47 - Jan 2 by A40Bosh

Well that learnt me didn't it.

Walking away from LR after the Hull game I was in such a foul mood that we had managed to lose again after throwing away the game against Charlton and then losing to Reading (who in fairness did beat the Ruperts yesterday by the Thames) and a generally crap December run after Preston, that I thought I was not going to spend my last day off of the Christmas holidays and on NY Day getting myself in an even worse mood about going back to work today.

The Mrs talked me in to going shopping to return the presents that didn't fit and as each goal went in my ability to mumble the C word under my breath became harder and harder.

So I look at that I actually took one for the team yesterday because there was no way we would have won 6-1 if I had gone, but I had already bought 7 tickets to bring a gang to the back of SAR for this Sunday for our annual FA Cup 3rd Round Exit Day extravaganza

Let's face it, nobody in their right mind was there. This was confirmed when all the people around me were smiling like loons.

Air hostess clique

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:51 - Jan 2 with 565 viewsstowmarketrange

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:03 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Good man, make sure you post the fundraising link

I was pretty fit about six months out, fitter than I am now, but I did a six-month training regime as below, and - to be honest - it was OTT and more than was needed but I enjoyed the training. A few friends did only the hiking training below and managed the climb no bother.

Gym weights - Twice a week, 60 minutes at medium pace
Gym intervals - Twice a week x 25 minutes of HITT (can be done at home)
5-a-side - Once a week
Walking - 5 hours a week
Hiking:-
Month 1 - Two hikes x 4 hours
Month 2 - Two hikes x 5 hours
Month 3 - Two hikes x 6 hours
Month 4 - Four hikes x 6 hours
Month 5 - Four hikes x 6 hours
Month 6 - Two hikes x 4 hours

This year, we're going to South America, most likely. I've just started 3 months light training, then I'll repeat the 6-month programme above. The goal is to get back to 14% for the climb.

Other advice:-

Do a weekly body fats test. It'll help you keep constant discipline, and will give you enjoyable goals.

EDIT - just seen that your climb is in May. You should still be fine, if you're already doing two-hour walks.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2020 15:05]

Cheers Brian.I don’t It will be a problem doing the mileage,but doing it for consecutive days is going to be my main concern,and the lack of hills in the Suffolk area.
I bought a treadmill for when I did the great north run 18 months ago,but it’s so boring to get going on it consistently.I never have done weights,as my skinny arms will testify,but i’ll have to do something I guess.
My niece talked me into doing it but she doesn’t realise my knees are twice as old as she is.It was either this or machu pichu,but I thought that was a bit extreme.
So, who else sacked off today? on 15:55 - Jan 2 with 556 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:51 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

Cheers Brian.I don’t It will be a problem doing the mileage,but doing it for consecutive days is going to be my main concern,and the lack of hills in the Suffolk area.
I bought a treadmill for when I did the great north run 18 months ago,but it’s so boring to get going on it consistently.I never have done weights,as my skinny arms will testify,but i’ll have to do something I guess.
My niece talked me into doing it but she doesn’t realise my knees are twice as old as she is.It was either this or machu pichu,but I thought that was a bit extreme.

You sound very experienced already.

There's no great needs for weights in themselves, as far as I know, except doing them and eating lots of protein will really get your body fats down, and you don't want to be carrying extra pounds around the Himalayas! Even doing light dumbbell stuff for 25 minutes would really help in that regard.

I agree with you about treadmills being boring, I hate them, but podcasts and a half-hour's walking at pace/gradient does really burn the carbs for me.

I'm happy to PM you with everything else we did, for instance food tips. Anything at all that might help.

So, who else sacked off today? on 16:23 - Jan 2 with 529 viewsstowmarketrange

So, who else sacked off today? on 15:55 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

You sound very experienced already.

There's no great needs for weights in themselves, as far as I know, except doing them and eating lots of protein will really get your body fats down, and you don't want to be carrying extra pounds around the Himalayas! Even doing light dumbbell stuff for 25 minutes would really help in that regard.

I agree with you about treadmills being boring, I hate them, but podcasts and a half-hour's walking at pace/gradient does really burn the carbs for me.

I'm happy to PM you with everything else we did, for instance food tips. Anything at all that might help.

That would be great mate.I did a charity trek in the Grand Canyon in 2014,and there were some who weren’t fit enough to do everything involved.Although it didn’t spoil it for anyone else I don’t want to be the one holding the group back this time.I’ve done a few other marathon walks,but the Yorkshire 3 peaks were really tough for me,but that was 26 miles in 12 hours.
It’s just walking on consecutive days that I need to get in the habit of doing.I might try a trip to snowdon when the weather gets better.
I definitely need to shed a stone or two though and I certainly don’t do dieting so I’ll have to do something.
So, who else sacked off today? on 16:39 - Jan 2 with 508 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, who else sacked off today? on 16:23 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

That would be great mate.I did a charity trek in the Grand Canyon in 2014,and there were some who weren’t fit enough to do everything involved.Although it didn’t spoil it for anyone else I don’t want to be the one holding the group back this time.I’ve done a few other marathon walks,but the Yorkshire 3 peaks were really tough for me,but that was 26 miles in 12 hours.
It’s just walking on consecutive days that I need to get in the habit of doing.I might try a trip to snowdon when the weather gets better.
I definitely need to shed a stone or two though and I certainly don’t do dieting so I’ll have to do something.

No bother, Ill PM you some more info.

So, who else sacked off today? on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 487 viewsstowmarketrange

So, who else sacked off today? on 16:39 - Jan 2 by BrianMcCarthy

No bother, Ill PM you some more info.

Cheers Brian.
So, who else sacked off today? on 16:51 - Jan 2 with 481 viewsBrianMcCarthy

So, who else sacked off today? on 16:48 - Jan 2 by stowmarketrange

Cheers Brian.

PM'd you just now.