Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) 12:35 - Jan 2 with 39499 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51640/match-preview-dale-v-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51536/refwatch-dale-v-newca

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51613/played-for-both--dale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51612/tvos-dale-v-newcastle

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/newcastletickets_lastchance/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:01 - Jan 5 with 2800 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:46 - Jan 5 by Rochdale_ger

Sorting things out in pub car parks is sooooo last decade.

Words fail me..

So missing the point or just being you

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:06 - Jan 5 with 2785 viewsJames1980

Didn't see it live due where I was stood but, great seeing Luke pointing to where he wants the ball put. Love that the lad has the confidence to tell more 'experienced' players where to put the ball

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 2759 viewskel

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:01 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Its a public forum? Oh right...

As you well know, after boring the bollocks off everyone about Brexit, and then trying to find endless variations of telling us why Calvin can't score, you're doing absolutely no better on this tack, which has been going on for years, hasn't it...

This is a thread about yesterday's brilliant football match. I had a disagreement with a fairly regular poster and we left it at that. The subsequent rubbish posted by FP and yourself (one and the same?) have been about me. Get over me, the pair of you!! Or just you, whichever...

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 18:03]

Apologies for wading in to someone else’s argument (I have enough of my own on here to be going on with) but I’d be flabbergasted if BDMC and that Falinge bellend are one and the same.

BDMC is a decent bloke from the time I have spent with him whereas that Falinge bloke is just a sandwich short crackpot.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 19:11]
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 2619 viewsdalenumber2

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:57 - Jan 5 by rochdaleriddler

Queues were ridiculous that end, no queue at all for sandy!

It wouldn't have been so bad if they had just opened the turnstiles at the main stand end of the Pearl Street. They always used to be open, it would have meant another 3 or 4 people employed on the day, that's all, can't have cost that much.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 20:23 - Jan 5 with 2523 viewsJames1980

So what were your favourite moments of the game?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 20:32 - Jan 5 with 2486 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by kel

Apologies for wading in to someone else’s argument (I have enough of my own on here to be going on with) but I’d be flabbergasted if BDMC and that Falinge bellend are one and the same.

BDMC is a decent bloke from the time I have spent with him whereas that Falinge bloke is just a sandwich short crackpot.

That was also my opinion until recently...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 21:44 - Jan 5 with 2373 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by kel

Thanks Kel, hope you’re keeping well. I remember once upon time people used to think I was you.
I’m not Falingeparka but I must admit I quite like him/her.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:54 - Jan 5 with 2229 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 18:57 - Jan 5 by rochdaleriddler

Queues were ridiculous that end, no queue at all for sandy!

nor for Main Stand at 11.15 - I'm constantly surprised by fans (regular or one-off) who expect 8000+ people to turn up at ten to three to get in to a Stadium without any queueing!
from a grumpy old man - so apologies if you arrived early and still didn't get in on time.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 07:51 - Jan 6 with 2035 viewskiwidale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:54 - Jan 5 by tony_roch975

nor for Main Stand at 11.15 - I'm constantly surprised by fans (regular or one-off) who expect 8000+ people to turn up at ten to three to get in to a Stadium without any queueing!
from a grumpy old man - so apologies if you arrived early and still didn't get in on time.

Tony the country needs more grumpy old men... kids know nowt.

This is not the time for bickering.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 09:39 - Jan 6 with 1879 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:54 - Jan 5 by tony_roch975

I walked past at 12 and queues were massive, 30 minutes is more than enough to expect to get in on time. All turnstiles should have been utilised..

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:01 - Jan 6 with 1845 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 09:39 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

I walked past at 12 and queues were massive, 30 minutes is more than enough to expect to get in on time. All turnstiles should have been utilised..

Are all turnstiles fully working?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:09 - Jan 6 with 1835 viewsParkinsGimp

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:43 - Jan 4 by rochdaleriddler

Great second half performance, though I would have taken Hendo off and left Baah on.

Baah was a joke, he hid at every opportunity and looked frightened to death, which I was really suprised at. He never showed for a pass. Just a game too much for him at this stage. Sure he will be back.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:13 - Jan 6 with 1830 viewsScunnydale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:09 - Jan 6 by ParkinsGimp

Baah was a joke, he hid at every opportunity and looked frightened to death, which I was really suprised at. He never showed for a pass. Just a game too much for him at this stage. Sure he will be back.

Apart from those two mazy runs he went on in the first half which were the only real things of note we did.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:18 - Jan 6 with 1807 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:09 - Jan 6 by ParkinsGimp

Calling him a joke is incredibly harsh. He was no worse than some other players in the first half either, we weren't playing well other than Sanchez and O'Connell.

It was obviously a step too far, this early for Baah and BBM recognised this and brought him off. He'll learn from it and hopefully get better, it's not going to be every week he's up against Premier League opposition. From his performances in the games leading up to Saturday, he deserved his chance to start.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:35 - Jan 6 with 1757 viewsfermin

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 09:39 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

I also arrived at the Pearl Street about 12. The queues for the three turnstiles to the right were about 15-20 deep so I joined one of them and got in within about 5-10 minutes, but the one for the left hand turnstile was snaking off quite a way down the stand, so that must have taken ages. I suppose people just join the first queue they see rather than checking out others, though a bit of queue stewarding would have helped.

Like others I am not sure why the main stand side turnstiles were not used this time.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:50 - Jan 6 with 1725 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:35 - Jan 6 by fermin

I also arrived at the Pearl Street about 12. The queues for the three turnstiles to the right were about 15-20 deep so I joined one of them and got in within about 5-10 minutes, but the one for the left hand turnstile was snaking off quite a way down the stand, so that must have taken ages. I suppose people just join the first queue they see rather than checking out others, though a bit of queue stewarding would have helped.

Like others I am not sure why the main stand side turnstiles were not used this time.

Fair enough (as I said I'm grumpy) - sounds like this (e.g. queue stewarding) is an ideal issue for the Trust to raise at their next Directors meeting?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 1713 viewsRochdale_ger

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:18 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

Calling him a joke is incredibly harsh. He was no worse than some other players in the first half either, we weren't playing well other than Sanchez and O'Connell.

It was obviously a step too far, this early for Baah and BBM recognised this and brought him off. He'll learn from it and hopefully get better, it's not going to be every week he's up against Premier League opposition. From his performances in the games leading up to Saturday, he deserved his chance to start.

Baah was shit on Saturday. He’s a professional footballer. He’ll get used to criticism. Simple as that really.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:13 - Jan 6 with 1684 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:56 - Jan 6 by Rochdale_ger

Baah was shit on Saturday. He’s a professional footballer. He’ll get used to criticism. Simple as that really.

He's not a professional footballer.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:39 - Jan 6 with 1657 viewsjonahwhereru

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:13 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

Not being funny here more just showing ignorance. But do the 16 year olds not draw any money from their clubs, if they are catching the squad. would seem a bit of a p-ss take to me if they didn’t get anything. Their peers would be earning more from a Saturday job. Know this is different to having a professional contract but it just my sense of fairness kicking in.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:53 - Jan 6 with 1621 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:13 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

And he's not sh*t either.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:58 - Jan 6 with 1602 viewsDaleFan7

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:39 - Jan 6 by jonahwhereru

Not being funny here more just showing ignorance. But do the 16 year olds not draw any money from their clubs, if they are catching the squad. would seem a bit of a p-ss take to me if they didn’t get anything. Their peers would be earning more from a Saturday job. Know this is different to having a professional contract but it just my sense of fairness kicking in.

They'll get money from the YTS contract as they're employed by the club and there is a minimum wage for 16 year olds, not sure what the pay structure is like for those sorts of contracts though. Other people will know more. However, you can't sign a professional contract until you're 17, not sure when his birthday is?
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:48 - Jan 6 with 1517 viewsRochdale_ger

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 11:53 - Jan 6 by SuddenLad

And he's not sh*t either.

He was shit on SATURDAY. And he’s an aspiring* professional footballer.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:10 - Jan 6 with 1462 viewsmingthemerciless

The manager has to take some responsibility. Starting with 3 at the back with Baah as a wing back was a strange decision. He was getting run ragged by the Bar codes left winger but he shouldn't have been put in that position. Baah is obviously an attacking player and not a wing back.
Magloire showed his inexperience by not knowing wether to step in and help Baah out or stay with his man. In the end he did neither to much effect.
Being fair to the manager he spotted he'd dropped a clanger and changed the formation after 1/2 hr before any more harm was done.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:44 - Jan 6 with 1405 viewstony_roch975

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:10 - Jan 6 by mingthemerciless

The manager has to take some responsibility. Starting with 3 at the back with Baah as a wing back was a strange decision. He was getting run ragged by the Bar codes left winger but he shouldn't have been put in that position. Baah is obviously an attacking player and not a wing back.
Magloire showed his inexperience by not knowing wether to step in and help Baah out or stay with his man. In the end he did neither to much effect.
Being fair to the manager he spotted he'd dropped a clanger and changed the formation after 1/2 hr before any more harm was done.

well actually he didn't - they'd scored before he switched Dooley & Baah which might have meant less urgency to sub Magloire on 30 mins

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:22 - Jan 6 with 1295 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:44 - Jan 6 by tony_roch975

well actually he didn't - they'd scored before he switched Dooley & Baah which might have meant less urgency to sub Magloire on 30 mins

Magloire,Dooley,Keohane and Baah could have all switched and it wouldn't have made a difference. We got ran ragged down the wings all half and the whole formation/team selection wasn't working. We were very lucky to be only 1-0 down - the game should have been over before Wilbraham got his chance to shine in the 2nd half.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024