Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) 12:35 - Jan 2 with 39891 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51640/match-preview-dale-v-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51536/refwatch-dale-v-newca

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51613/played-for-both--dale

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/51612/tvos-dale-v-newcastle

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/newcastletickets_lastchance/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 22:19 - Jan 4 with 2742 viewsmingthemerciless

I wasn't expecting Baah to be used as a wingback. Players like that shouldn't be having to run back towards their own goal chasing wingers. If you're going to play him at all it should be nearer the front where he can utilise his ability to run with the ball.

Poor first half, like a pre-season friendly. Great secod half, like a proper FA Cup tie.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 23:45 - Jan 4 with 2525 viewsShun

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 20:39 - Jan 4 by midlandsdale

I have to say that I thought Baah was awful, and taking him off was absolutely correct

He wasn’t even remotely awful! Nobody was. Literally none of our players deserve any criticism today, they should all be proud.

As DA pointed out, Baah struggled defensively to help Magloire against the best winger either of the youngsters will have probably ever faced in their short careers. And despite that he still showed a lot of willing and went on a few attacking runs.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 00:01 - Jan 5 with 2486 viewssweetcorn

What a performance that second half was. Wilbraham (who was the obvious choice to bring on after the first half) and Matheson changed the game.

I felt for magloire, he played RB like a CB today, kept getting caught square on in 1 on 1 situations and it was the right decision to bring him off.

We had more than enough chances to finish them off and I fear they'll smash us at SJP.

Rathbone was unbelievable in the second half and Jimmy Ryan looks like an asset in CM, he drove us forward an extra 15/20 yards every time he picked up the ball.

We need to sign a younger version of Wilbraham who can do that for 90 minutes..

Our record against higher league opposition at spotland over the last decade must take some beating.

Fortress Spotland.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 00:04 - Jan 5 with 2477 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 16:24 - Jan 4 by Shun

Hilly saying ‘us’ in the post-match interview. Sneaky minx.

Still love the man. KHBA

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 01:20 - Jan 5 with 2378 viewsjacko_dale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 17:13 - Jan 4 by dingdangblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50975993

Just like the BT Sport coverage, plenty of talk about their injury crisis but not a single mention of ours.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 06:06 - Jan 5 with 2280 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 21:47 - Jan 4 by FalingeParka

Can I just say one more time. No-one ever said the kid Baah let us down. Not.at.all. If you've read the thread from funkkk onwards you'll know. The thread was hijacked by that dick D'Alien somehow. The kid looks good.

Have you finished trolling yet?

You've sent me a PM, I'll click on it to stop the red winky thing but won't be reading it

And you are nothing but a troll, just waiting around to pounce without ever contributing anything positive, so unworthy of further interest
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 6:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 07:11 - Jan 5 with 2246 viewsFalingeParka

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 06:06 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

Have you finished trolling yet?

You've sent me a PM, I'll click on it to stop the red winky thing but won't be reading it

And you are nothing but a troll, just waiting around to pounce without ever contributing anything positive, so unworthy of further interest
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 6:14]

How dreadful a present half an ounce of the smarts is you ridiculous patronising ars*hole.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 7:20]

ColonelHall

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 07:42 - Jan 5 with 2224 viewsFalingeParka

You troll everyone with your 'tell you the real score' crap. You're the bore of our nightmares. You're Pooter, you dreary keep it tidy berk.

ColonelHall

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 07:54 - Jan 5 with 2203 viewsDiddyDave

Can I step in between you two for a minute? Great to see Dale on the box again,though at half time I was wondering if we were ever going to get into Newcastle`s half. Come the second half,the change was remarkable and but for two missed sitters by Olly,we would`ve won the tie. One thing I noticed about the crowd,everybody looked so tense and apprehensive,is that because we have just about the worst home record in the four divisions over the last three years? Got sick of hearing Geordie voices,but once Dale got moving after half time,the response was clearly there and the Toon Army was quickly silenced. It ended similar to the Spurs game,the big men equalising near the end. Hope the replay will be on ESPN,look forward to it.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 08:23 - Jan 5 with 2167 viewsFalingeParka

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 07:54 - Jan 5 by DiddyDave

Can I step in between you two for a minute? Great to see Dale on the box again,though at half time I was wondering if we were ever going to get into Newcastle`s half. Come the second half,the change was remarkable and but for two missed sitters by Olly,we would`ve won the tie. One thing I noticed about the crowd,everybody looked so tense and apprehensive,is that because we have just about the worst home record in the four divisions over the last three years? Got sick of hearing Geordie voices,but once Dale got moving after half time,the response was clearly there and the Toon Army was quickly silenced. It ended similar to the Spurs game,the big men equalising near the end. Hope the replay will be on ESPN,look forward to it.

Please do and thank you DD. Home support was so nervous first half, not sure why, we had nothing to lose really, but second half ace.

Cup aside, we just have to stay up this term and set our stall out in L1 for next. The analysis in the thread about the financials so illuminating, thanks Nigeria et al.

ColonelHall

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 08:35 - Jan 5 with 2146 viewsmacro

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 20:39 - Jan 4 by midlandsdale

I have to say that I thought Baah was awful, and taking him off was absolutely correct

Magloire had the shocker he was all over the place. Glimpses of what Baah offers. Remember he's a 16 year old youth team player. Now Dooley was poor yesterday.
Great second half performance, too much respect given in the first half.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 09:06 - Jan 5 with 2071 viewsSandyman

Lots of vox pops on Youtube
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 10:52]
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:11 - Jan 5 with 1913 viewsrochedale

Anyone have a link for the interview with KH? Ta.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 1712 viewsmidlandsdale

Not at all, I am critisizing him for a complete lack of effort from what I saw. At 16 surely he can run for a bit longer. All about opinions this game as often is the case. I am sure with time he will develop and hopefully we have a decent player on our hands. Just compare his performance against that of our 17 year old full back. Chalk and cheese.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:17 - Jan 5 with 1673 viewsboromat

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 10:11 - Jan 5 by rochedale

Anyone have a link for the interview with KH? Ta.

Not sure you'll be able to get it it's basically the BT Sport's coverage he was one of the pundits before the game, halftime and after the game.

Alby also had an interview over the phone on BT Sport's after the late kick off game. Said he was a Joe Bunneys house party, hopefully doing some undercover work 😂

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:45 - Jan 5 with 1596 viewsfrenzied

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:08 - Jan 5 by midlandsdale

Not at all, I am critisizing him for a complete lack of effort from what I saw. At 16 surely he can run for a bit longer. All about opinions this game as often is the case. I am sure with time he will develop and hopefully we have a decent player on our hands. Just compare his performance against that of our 17 year old full back. Chalk and cheese.

Sometimes with very young players who have been thrown in at the deep end the whole experience of coming up against top opposition such as Newcastle completetely overwhelms them mentally ..I just wonder whether this played a part in his performance
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:45 - Jan 5 with 1597 views1907

What a disgraceful post, completely unfair and untrue.

You should seriously consider deleting that. Unbelievable.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:17 - Jan 5 with 1522 viewstodmordendale

At just 16, Baah is not to be taken to task particularly after his mesmerising and lauded performance against Stanley. It’s a learning curve and we all hope this type of experience will be a part of his continued improvement.
BBM made good substitutions and was humble enough after the game to recognise that he got it wrong initially. What a proper manager is there for. He managed the game with aplomb. Full credit to him. Despite some poor results this season, he seldom berates his lads and is always looking to give support, belief and hope.
Not like whinging Bruce. Never is it his fault. It always something else.
Special mention for Ryan. Berated on here this season but his continued endeavour and skill was shown aplenty yesterday. He has had to adjust to a new team, a new club, a new manager and new ideas. Keep it up Jimmy.
Knee jerk reactions made too soon, I feel.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 1512 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:45 - Jan 5 by 1907

But this is the type of negativity that rears its ugly head on here now and again

I, for one, will not put up with it, and couldn't care less what comes back at me for calling it out

Glad you've done the same

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:19 - Jan 5 with 1518 viewsrochdaleriddler

Shows that you don’t see many games then. He was great against Accrington, and Mathieson has had a poor run recently

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:23 - Jan 5 with 1493 viewssweetcorn

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 12:45 - Jan 5 by 1907

Why should he delete his opinion on a players performance on a message board which is designed for doing that very thing?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:34 - Jan 5 with 1448 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:23 - Jan 5 by sweetcorn

Why should he delete his opinion on a players performance on a message board which is designed for doing that very thing?

Correct, it’s up to others to counter their points of view, with their own views.

I believe he was asked to do a wing back job, that’s not his best role, and it didn’t work, possibly due to the fact that his opponent was too good for him, because of being a premiership level winger. He should be in a free role in my opinion, he has the pace and skill to attack teams from various positions on the pitch, but currently is not a good tackler to play the role of tracking back, especially against excellent players.

When he was running at the opposition yesterday he looked good, though as others have said he needs to learn to release the ball earlier and to pass better by looking up, which will come with experience.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:36 - Jan 5 with 1437 viewsisitme

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:19 - Jan 5 by rochdaleriddler

Shows that you don’t see many games then. He was great against Accrington, and Mathieson has had a poor run recently

I would agree with both points. Both players are young and not fully physically developed. For really young players playing a run of games takes its toll. Baah looks a great threat but he had to do a lot of defensive work against Newcastle, which is probably something he needs to work on. Some of the more physical sides in our league have exploited Luke's lack of size and maybe at times his positioning has been exposed, but he will learn quickly.Bizarely yesterday was more of a pace, rather than a physical test which suits his game much better. He offers an excellent threat going forward and with McLaughlin hopefully back to fitness there will be less need for him to play back to back games.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:45 - Jan 5 with 1398 viewsdawlishdale

Thoroughly entertaining game, and the contrast between the first and second halves was amazing.

Newcastle really should have been 3 up before half time, but for some good defending by Sanchez and O'Connell in particular, plus some poor finishing by them kept us in the game.

Second half; we were much the better team, and the substitutions hugely improved us. We could easily have won the game, such was our turnaround.

Looking forward to the trip to St James' Park, having never previously been there.

Fantastic to see little old Dale getting top billing on MOTD.

Yet more money coming our way which we surely can't have budgeted for at the start of the season. I reckon with the United game plus our FA Cup run and TV/sponsorship money, we will pull in close to £1m of additional funds...fantastic stuff.
Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 14:00 - Jan 5 with 1360 viewsfitzochris

Match Thread: Dale v Newcastle United (FA Cup) on 13:45 - Jan 5 by dawlishdale

Thoroughly entertaining game, and the contrast between the first and second halves was amazing.

Newcastle really should have been 3 up before half time, but for some good defending by Sanchez and O'Connell in particular, plus some poor finishing by them kept us in the game.

Second half; we were much the better team, and the substitutions hugely improved us. We could easily have won the game, such was our turnaround.

Looking forward to the trip to St James' Park, having never previously been there.

Fantastic to see little old Dale getting top billing on MOTD.

Yet more money coming our way which we surely can't have budgeted for at the start of the season. I reckon with the United game plus our FA Cup run and TV/sponsorship money, we will pull in close to £1m of additional funds...fantastic stuff.

I maintain we should’ve been dead and buried from the point Ryan was caught in possession.

From there, somehow, we kept them out, but looked bereft going forward.

Wilbraham coming in meant the ball stayed in their half more and Rathbone became inspired. That run by Matheson to receive and then play the ball was incredible.

Went from feeling deflated at half time to bouncing off to the pub afterwards.

The Newcastle fans I spoke to were enthusing about the “Rochdale Modric”. They were all decent, despite our yoof embarrassingly trying to goad them on the way out.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024